Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Thread - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Thread (2684 Views)

Get Blog At 2k With Professional Theme / Help On The Template A Blog Is Using pls webmaster / If You Are Using /blogger, Then You Must Read This Latest Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thread by chandli: 12:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Jimyking:
Hi, I just downloaded a new theme for my blog but I'm having problem customizing it to look like original theme that I downloaded. Some things are not showing and its not organised. Here is my blog url www.collegegroove..com I would be glad if u can help me out.
Seriously your blog needs real big time customization. I don't even know where to start from.

First of all, before I go on, I suggest that you find another template that does not focus on the pictures. The template that you're using brings up very large pictures on the home page when it is viewed using mobile phones and large pictures is mostly used if your blog focuses on photography or something related. If you still like your template, you can continue with the customisation or you can download a new one and do this customisation there.

The top navigation menu which shows something like Home, Music, Business, News, etc. You can delete it or better still, replace it with static pages like About, Contact, etc. First of all you have to create this pages then you copy the link to this pages(It will be something like http://www.example.com/p/About.html) Next, you go to Edit HTML, if you are using desktop, click CTRL+F and then type in Music or Business or News in the search box. It will take you to this navigation menu. If you are using a mobile phone that does not have CTRL Key then you have to do manual searching.

Youll see something like (href='#'....Music) Replace the # with the link to one of the pages you copied.
For example replace # with the link to the 'About' page. Then replace Music with About. Do this for the remaining and then delete the others that you don't want. Don't make a mistake and delete your template sha

Next we go to the second navigation menu which shows things like Fashion, etc. First of all you have to create labels for all your posts. Labelling helps a lot in grouping. Create labels like News, Music, Sports, etc(that is if you are going to post on this topics sha) The labels that you are going to use in this case should be labels that cover several topics. For instance, News is a good label in this case but Buhari is not a good label because all this labels are going to be taken as pages or categories and will be a the top of your blog.
Also, be mindful of the labelling. If you used MUSIC all capital letters, this is not the same thing as Music or music. It has to be exactly the same. Also copy the link to this labels. It will be something like http://www.example.com/search/label/Music
Go to Edit HTML and then search for Business or Sports or Download using the earlier mentioned method.
Replace # with the link you copied and replace Business with the label that is being linked to. At the end, you'll have something like this
<li><a href='http://collegegrove..com/search/label/News'>News</a></li>
 <li><a href='http://collegegroove..com/search/label/Entertainment'>Entertainment</a></li>
 <li><a href='http://collegegrove..com/search/label/Lifestyle'>Lifestyle</a></li>
Till any number of labels you want to have.

That is all I can say for now even though your blog still needs more work to be done on it. Sleep is disturbing my eye at the moment. Abeg if this thing is confusing you or if you need any more help, feel free to ask or you can just hala me wordcrib007@gmail.com
Re: The Thread by Funbox3: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2015
Jimyking:
Hi, I just downloaded a new theme for my blog but I'm having problem customizing it to look like original theme that I downloaded. Some things are not showing and its not organised. Here is my blog url www.collegegroove..com I would be glad if u can help me out.
Can u help me with this theme in my blog
Re: The Thread by Funbox3: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
Jimyking:
Pls can u help me Install this ur themplate on my
Re: The Thread by JOOHEL: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
Singingbae:
My problem is I wanna open a blog website but don't know how, can u share me a link?

Hi All, I Bring Good news To You . I Will
1. Set Up A Blogger Blog (www.Blogger.com) For You In Any Niche With if u have a Gmail.
A Search Engine Optimized Template.
2. Hide The Powered By
Blogger Attribution And Footer Credits.
3. Create Pages And Menu Tab On The Blog.
4. Redirect Your .com To a Custom Domain
(Free). I Will Be The One To Buy The Domain
Name for u @ Godaddy, upperlinks
Just For A Price Of 5000Naira
Re: The Thread by Smartresult(f): 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
my sasuwa..com.ng. the width is large , how do i reduce it to normal
Re: The Thread by chandli: 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
Smartresult:
my sasuwa..com.ng. the width is large , how do i reduce it to normal
Your width is not too large. Its just that you are putting the widgets in wrong places. The booking.com box for booking flights by the side of your blog is not supposed to be there because its too large for that space. Try moving it to the bottom. Or if you want to do anything to your width then go to Layout
Re: The Thread by chandli: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
BOOM!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are Using /blogger, Then You Must Read This Latest Error / For Those That Want To Learn Hacking / Adsense ID Verification: How Did You Do Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.