Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For (37742 Views)

Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants / Don't Fall For This White Handkerchief Trick By Kidnappers - AutoJoshNG / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by randomguy1: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2015
interesting
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by florence15(f): 11:20am On Sep 23, 2015
As in eh...
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by dpete1: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2015
chisos!!! I was about to upload diz shit buh u were faster than me.

OGA OO
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by ifeayi99: 11:22am On Sep 23, 2015
Make them combine the all the above they can never get me grin
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 23, 2015
LordaGuru:
I notice that even 419 activities are drastically reducing. The fear of Buahri's anti-corruption...
You must reside in one village to say that.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by neocortex: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2015
amunkita:
OP.. since u omitted NAIRALAND GALS I won't blive u..

Nairaland gals own pass 419 ooo..
Wen u see a nairaland gal quote u, pls b skeptical cous the nxt thing would b making friend s with u only to tell u they like u and would like visiting u..

Once u send her transport fare, her moniker changes frm prettydonkey to Prettydiva..

Eeyah sorry ehn.
They might not even be gals in d first place.

@holaidex, number 11 should be :Nairaland gals format.
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by moscobabs(m): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2015
baba ijebu nko?
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by raphok1(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2015
Horlaidex:

https://www.naij.com/559295-revealed-top10-lagos-419-tricks-never-fall-photos.html

Guy upgrade these are outdated methods of duping people. U need more research. 419 is now sophisticated.
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Lilimax(f): 11:36am On Sep 23, 2015
Lagos na wa!
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by soos: 11:41am On Sep 23, 2015
grin
grin88:
V
Fake politician with fake format.
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by MattChidi(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2015
well said, you just helped a brother. Thanks!
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by damton(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2015
After you ve shortchanged in buying a soap instead of a phone, they'll tell you to run as fast as you can because police are coming. And obviously trying to evade the troubles of the police, you dash away. lol.
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by cecegorz(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2015
Op now you wanna make me cry once again.

Back in the days when NOKIA was the king and leader in early smart phones, I lost my newly purchased NOKIA N72 through one of these formarts- The familiar face grabbing.
It happened at the UBA car park, Marina on that unfateful Saturday morning.
By the time I realized what happened, the guy has disappeared into the crowd.

Anyway, I was much younger and naive to the prank, then.
The painful part was that while the N72 was in my hip pocket, I had a starcoms phone in my hands, I wished it was the other way round, so they'll have picked the starcomms.

Big lesson I learned from that day- Never leave your wallet/Phone in your trouser pockets while walking on the street, always hold them in your hands!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Adortem: 11:51am On Sep 23, 2015
raphok1:

Guy upgrade these are outdated methods of duping people. U need more research. 419 is now sophisticated.
Enlighten us abeg
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by raphok1(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2015
Adortem:
Enlighten us abeg

WAIT
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Adortem: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2015
What about the famous figure profile scam on social media which the scammer would pretend to be a famous person. Also create a copycat profile of a normal person and ask friends for money to scam them.
The worst is the accident scam, catches people mostly unawares...
What about foreign admission scam? Pray we don't fall victim,those scammers have upgraded and its not only the greedy ones that fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by DrObum(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2015
Holuwakemmy16:
What of come and marry?
My dear, which one is the come and marry trick?
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Although I don't live in lag but the last one happened to me it was close to the Christmas season last year and I missed this call, I was very nice to call back and behold I heard this is a road Marshall your friend had an accident along lagos-ibadan express way that I should send something . I said am far that he should just help since he's a government official . I knew immediately that this one na 419. Later in the afternoon I called the number again with my other line to be sure he said this is your pastor am in ph and police arrest them I should help before he finished talking I cursed him that his family will be involve in road accident. immediately he said HA! And cut the call. This people are very terrible and people fall for it

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by vickylinco(m): 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
cecegorz:
Op now you wanna make me cry once again.

Back in the days when NOKIA was the king and leader in early smart phones, I lost my newly purchased NOKIA N72 through one of these formarts- The familiar face grabbing.
It happened at the UBA car park, Marina on that unfateful Saturday morning.
By the time I realized what happened, the guy has disappeared into the crowd.

Anyway, I was much younger and naive to the prank, then.
it has happened to me before sef..I cried that day, but my dad understand... since then... I don stay abuja. Lagos!!!
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by NET1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
ok. noted.

.NET
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by missKiffy(f): 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
amunkita:
OP.. since u omitted NAIRALAND GALS I won't blive u..

Nairaland gals own pass 419 ooo..
Wen u see a nairaland gal quote u, pls b skeptical cous the nxt thing would b making friend s with u only to tell u they like u and would like visiting u..

Once u send her transport fare, her moniker changes frm prettydonkey to Prettydiva..
Hehehe cheesy they do that? They don scam you before be that

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by lampardizik(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
Na so this guy block me for Fagba one night,tell me say him dey find on church or one place like dat,say him just come lag dat nite. We still dey talk when anoda one come from back dey talk say him no d place,say 'we' go follow am reach there but 'we' go charge am 11k just to use hold hand...

Na him me ah tell oga 11k say make him go show d place since he know there make he keep d 11k for himself
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by amunkita(m): 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
missKiffy:

Hehehe cheesy they do that? They don scam you before be that

Yes ooo..
Hope u won't tell me u like me for onward scam..
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by missKiffy(f): 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
amunkita:

Yes ooo..
Hope u won't tell me u like me for onward scam..
Don't worry u are safe cheesy
Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Chommieblaq(f): 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin grin grin[color=#770077][/color] they tried pulling that last one on me.

Received a phone saying that a woman was involved in an accident in far away ibadan n that ma no was d last no on her call log n that I should call back immediately, she was d only survivor. I come reason d matter, ma mama dey Abuja dey do omugwo, all ma sisters dey dia haux, no wan travel, I no sabi any woman for that side na, we grew up in d North, ma ppl dey either kano, kadunna or Abuja. Small tym d no call mi again I come ask am wetin d woman take store ma name, omo d person come dey para for me o, I trust maself na so I use mouth give am judgement, tried d no later d bustard ain't picking.
I don't pray anyone fall victim to these ppl

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by Adortem: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
olamilian:
Although I don't live in lag but the last one happened to me it was close to the Christmas season last year and I missed this call, I was very nice to call back and behold I heard this is a road Marshall your friend had an accident along lagos-ibadan express way that I should send something . I said am far that he should just help since he's a government official . I knew immediately that this one na 419. Later in the afternoon I called the number again with my other line to be sure he said this is your pastor am in ph and police arrest them I should help before he finished talking I cursed him that his family will be involve in road accident. immediately he said HA! And cut the call. This people are very terrible and people fall for it
The same method was used for my sis,that one started with her sending credit first claiming the victim has no credit on his phone,she lost #100 credit(lols),the scammer was not encouraged jare.I think this scam is really trending now

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by engrshakespeare: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
psychologist:
11: never buy a phone on the road... Unless you don't have a bathing soap... ..

12: in everything you do never near a "JAGO" spot...

What is jago

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For by theplushist: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
damton:
After you ve shortchanged in buying a soap instead of a phone, they'll tell you to run as fast as you can because police are coming. And obviously trying to evade the troubles of the police, you dash away. lol.

Hahaha This is super hilarious. Such a person won't want to tell anyone how stupid he was. Like they stole from you and told you to run and you did with all your heart? Kikiki

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Team Visits Injured NAF Pilot After Plane Crash In Abuja. Photos / Passengers Travelling To Zaria Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Terrible Accident In Kogi Kills Many (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.