Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,503 members, 7,781,534 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:24 PM

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (499349 Views)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / How Did The Populations Of The Igbo, Hausa, And Yoruba Come To Be So Large? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Candy9(f): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2011
Please tell me what does this mean:
Ezi-Nwanyi

Thank you so much

blessings

smiley
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by odumchi: 2:18am On May 01, 2011
Candy9:

Please tell me what does this mean:
Ezi-Nwanyi

Thank you so much

blessings

smiley

Ezi-Nwanyi means "Good woman".
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Pweety4me(f): 2:38am On May 01, 2011
Ok this might be handy cool
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Candy9(f): 12:24pm On May 01, 2011
Thank you very much for the information! smiley
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2011
[size=13pt]You can translate from Igbo to English language there . Yeah it's a cool thing dear. . .glad to see your future husband liked the link . smiley[/size]

Gera1980:

@Ogaga4Luv: I don't know how this helps me. But it is definitaly a cool thing. My husband-to-be really likes it.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by araba1(m): 12:44pm On May 04, 2011
pls translate hallelujah in yoruba ,hausa and igbo
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ChinenyeN(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2011
araba1:

Translate it into English, Indonesian and German. Hallelujah is a cultural item. It's just like how you can't translate Chi or Ehi or Ori in English et al.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by violent(m): 10:26pm On May 07, 2011
can someone translate "Happy Married life" in Igbo pls?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ezeagu(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2011
violent:

can someone translate "Happy Married life" in Igbo pls?

In what situation?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by violent(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2011
ezeagu:

In what situation?

In a situation when someone had just done his traditional marriage and you want to greet them
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ezeagu(m): 5:32pm On May 08, 2011
violent:

In a situation when someone had just done his traditional marriage and you want to greet them

Unu biri na obi añuri. Live in happiness.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by odumchi: 2:43am On May 13, 2011
I'm conducting an experiment and would like to see the various dialects of Igbo in action. I myself being an Eastern (Aro) Igbo would like to see this translated into other dialects of Igbo such as Delta Igbo, Western Igbo, Rivers Igbo, Southern Igbo, Northern Igbo, and possibly Ijaw Igbo if there are any Igbo speaking Ijaws out there grin

"You use money to buy food."

My Translation: Eji Ekpege azu ihe oriri.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ezeagu(m): 3:39pm On May 13, 2011
odumchi:

"You use money to buy food."

Umuahia/Central: Hé ji ego a zu ri.
Ika : Yèji egho à zu ihnye ori
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by lepasharon(f): 5:19pm On May 13, 2011
pls wat does ndi ofe nmanu umu anuofia mean and wat does NOMOFA mean ??
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2011
[size=13pt]um. . . . smiley

This one would be very difficult to translate oo. . . It would take Jesus to come back from where ever he's hiding now and the Christians- i mean , his followers are waiting to shout this same hallelujah on his second coming LOL cheesy cheesy - i GUESS even the king of Yoruba land or any translation web page can't meet up with such a request. grin grin wink
[/size]

araba1:

Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by lepasharon(f): 6:21pm On May 13, 2011
araba1:

Halleluyah means praise The Lord in greek i think

in yoruba-yin oluwa logo
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2011
[size=13pt]Wrong! lipsrsealed

That your hallelujah isn't correct and that is lie from the pit of heaven. . . i suggest you should invoke Jesus to help translate in Yoruba grin
[/size]

lepasharon:

Halleluyah means praise The Lord in greek i think

in yoruba-yin oluwa logo
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ChinenyeN(m): 9:12pm On May 13, 2011
ezeagu:

Umuahia/Central: Hé ji ego a zu ri.
Ika : Yèji egho à zu ihnye ori
By central do you mean the "standard"/"general"/"school" Igbo?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ezeagu(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2011
ChinenyeN:

By central do you mean the "standard"/"general"/"school" Igbo?

The general language around that area.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ChinenyeN(m): 3:58am On May 15, 2011
Oh okay. Thanks. The reason I'm even asking is because of the use of 'ri'. I don't know that to be the 'central' word, because it's a word we also use in Ngwa, except the 'r' is unnatural. So I just had to make sure.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:58pm On May 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Was that your reason man. . ? well , if you say so . grin grin grin[/size]

ChinenyeN:

Oh okay. Thanks. The reason I'm even asking is because of the use of 'ri'. I don't know that to be the 'central' word, because it's a word we also use in Ngwa, except the 'r' is unnatural. So I just had to make sure.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ChinenyeN(m): 10:05pm On May 16, 2011
Ogaga4Luv, I don't understand what you mean.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:40pm On May 18, 2011
[size=13pt]Well, what i mean is very simple if you re- read my previous comment my dear . . .anyway , here is the fact .[/size]

ChinenyeN:

Ogaga4Luv, I don't understand what you mean.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by ChinenyeN(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2011
Well, yeah. That was my only reason for asking that curious question. Just wanted to know if 'Central' used the same word we do. That's about it.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Sissy3(f): 4:34am On May 19, 2011
pls, how do you say " you are a bad person" in igbo thxs
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by odumchi: 5:06am On May 19, 2011
~Sissy~:

pls, how do you say " you are a bad person" in igbo thxs
"Ibu onye ojoo"
or
"Iwugi ezi nmadi"
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by odumchi: 5:09am On May 19, 2011
Hallelujah in Igbo is "Kelechi!" or "Tochi!"
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Sissy3(f): 1:22am On May 20, 2011
thanks odumchi
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:20pm On May 20, 2011
[size=13pt]Good! cool[/size]

ChinenyeN:

Well, yeah. That was my only reason for asking that curious question. Just wanted to know if 'Central' used the same word we do. That's about it.
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:21pm On May 20, 2011
[size=13pt]That's a lie from the pit of heaven. . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
odumchi:

Hallelujah in Igbo is "Kelechi!" or "Tochi!"
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by odumchi: 10:01pm On May 20, 2011
Why are you so aggressive? Are we not Igbos? If you have a different opinion what stops you from voicing it out peacefully? Na wao for you o.

Hallelujah means praise the Lord in Greek, so doesn't Tochi and Kelechi mean that?
Re: Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2011
[size=13pt]I don't care to know the meaning either. . . Hallelujah is a mind stirring language of the Christian religion . Though , i do not understand the Igbo language but i don't have so many Igbo friends out here .[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (52) (Reply)

Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.