Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident (54731 Views)

New Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Rail Track Laying Commences (Photo) / 4 Die In Motor Accident On Umuahia-Port Harcourt Expressway (Graphic Photos) / 6 Catholic Seminarians Die In Accident - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by metroparrot: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-pdpz9Ms67mg/VgJvhHFIAWI/AAAAAAAGqaQ/eCac9I-HcZE/s400/unnamed.jpg[/img]
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor-designate of Fountain University, Osogbo, Prof. Abdul Hakeem Mobolaji, his 14 year old son, Muhammad and four others died in a car crash along the Lagos Ibadan expressway on Sunday September 20th.

According to The Nation, the professor of Econometrics was traveling with his two sons, the late Muhammad and Abdul-Hafiz as well as one of his friend, Mr Abdul-Rasheed Attah, a lawyer, when a commercial bus rammed into his SUV after overtaking another vehicle on the narrow road.
The road had been partitioned by the contractor working on it. Professor Mobolaji and his son died on the spot. His friend Attah and the late Mobolaji’s second son, AbdulHafiz were injured. Attah immediately called a relative and gave his phone to a woman to inform the person of the accident. Shortly after, he and Abdul Hafiz went into a coma. Four people including the driver of the passenger bus died in the accident.

Speaking on the sad incident, the deceased professor's son, Abdul Azeez said "Who will take care of us now that he is late? I was expecting to link up with him at Fountain University today (Monday). I was calling his phone on Sunday when I didn’t hear from him whether he has reached Ibadan where he was expected to pick other family members but he wasn’t picking his calls. I called him severally up to 30 times but no one was picking the call. I called the MD of Al Barakah Microfinance Bank to tell him that I have been calling my father but he was not picking his call that he should help me call him but later he came back with some people to announce his death that Allah has taken him back. I pray to Almighty Allah to grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss because he was the bread winner of the family and no one else.”.

The late professor and his 14 year old son were on Monday buried in Akinyele Local Government Area, Oyo State.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/09/photo-deputy-vice-chancellor-his-14.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by madridguy(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Faruhun warohainun wajanatu naheem.
May God comfort their family and grant the rest speedy recovery.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
RIP
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by mega147: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
RIP
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Firefire(m): 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
RIP...

To Allah we belong and to Him is our return.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by nikkiking(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Eeeyah rip cry cry.

My sincere condolences to their families and friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Sweetcollins: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Jesus, please come and redeem mankind...the evil is unbearable. Hunger, death, frustration, betrayal and all kinds of heinous acts everywhere. Rest in God's bossom DVC et al

10 Likes

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Aminat508(f): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
SubuHanallahi, I knw him, we belong to the same society in Osogbo here (the Muslim congress)

Allaahummaghfir li (Abdulhakeem mobolaji) warfa' darajatahu fil-mahdiyyeena, wakhlufhu fee 'aqibihi fil-ghaabireena, waghfir-lanaa wa lahu yaa Rabbal-'aalameena, wafsah lahu fee qabrihi wa nawwir lahu feehi

Oh Allah. Inallilah waheenahilahi Rojihun cry cry cry cry

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Richie0974: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Gosh.... RIP
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by whirlwind7(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
And the toll continues to mount.
How many casualties from road traffic accident since this week?
I have counted almost a dozen on NL alone.
Be careful, people. Don't become part of this horrible statistic.

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by steppin: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
So sad.
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
R.I.P. Hope una go dey heaven
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by DiegoNakel(m): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
God protect me and loved ones during this ember period. Like my post if you wish the same for your household and loved ones !!!!

14 Likes

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by VickJames(m): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
RIP Mr.
God knows best
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Iamsolslim(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
RIP
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by elitehowcom: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sad. May God have mercy on their soul sad
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Sijo01(f): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Chaiiii, may God accept their souls
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by qualityovenbake(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Horrible. R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by festusfeezy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oh Lord have mercy. may their gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by pappilo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
This chap doesnt even look like he is 40 yet unless that is his 14yr old son pictured.
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by juman(m): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by otswag(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
This accident happened 2 vehicles in front of mine on d expressway. The front of d bus was crushed into d drivers compartment. The passenger sitting beside d driver had bilateral fractures on both his legs. The driver was trapped in d bus. No one was sure if he was still alive. All other passengers had multiple cuts and bruises. I witnessed one of d sons of d prof being brought out of d other vehicle. He was already dead. It wasn't a pretty sight

4 Likes

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Jesu Kristi....... Overly write off
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by mznuez(f): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
Reckless driving
Rip
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by omisakint: 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
His Academic and Professional Profile
1. Academic and Professional Qualification
PhD Economics, Department of Economics, University of
Leicester, UK 2008
M.A Islamic Banking and Finance, Loughborough University,
UK (Distinction) 2005
M.Sc Economics, University of Ibadan, Nigeria 1992
B.Sc Economics, University of Ibadan, Nigeria (Second Class
Upper) 1990
ACTI, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria 2000
2. Previous and Present Positions
Senior Inspector of Taxes, Federal Inland Revenue Service,
Nigeria 1993-2001
Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Ilorin
2001-2009
Postgraduate Coordinator, Dept of Economics, Unilorin
2009-2010
Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, Fountain
University 2010-2011
Ag.Head of Department, Economics Dept, Fountain
University 2010-2011
Chairman, Board of Directors, Al-Barakah Microfinance
Bank, Lagos 2010 to date
Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, UNILORIN 2012
to date
Ag. Head of Department, Economics Department, UNILORIN
2012 to Date
Research Associate, Nigerian Institute for Social and
Economic Research 2012 to Date
Special Assistant to DG, National Institute for Legislative
Studies (NILS) 2013 -2014
Head, Public Finance and Macroeconomics Unit (NILS),
National Assembly 2014 -2015
Professor, Head of Department, Economics, Fountain
University, Osogbo 2015 to date
3. International Experience
Associate Tutor, Management Centre, University of Leicester
2004-2006
Associate Tutor, Department of Economics, University of
Leicester 2005-2008
Senior Research Fellow, Centre for African Research and
Resources
Development, (CARRD) UK 2008
Consultant, Alexander Brookes Training, UK/CBN 2009 to
date
4. OTHER ADMINISRATIVE EXPERIENCE
Chairman, Publicity committee of the senate, 2010
Chairman, College Research Committee College of
Management and
Social Sciences (COMAS) Fountain University, Osogbo (FUO),
Chairman, University Guest Lecture series, FUO, 2011
Member, Joint Council/Senate committee on Honorary
Awards, (FUO),

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Akinz0126(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
This same road again?tomorrow is sallah and this tragedic scenario took place well,I want to wish all the muslims brothers going home for ileya a successful journey.Rest in peace to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by amunkita(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mprepz:
R.I.P. Hope una go dey heaven

Dem dey purgatory dey wait for u..
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by wendy26: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
Is a pity, rip
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Esosa01(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
"Allah Has taken Him and his boy"
Re: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident by Ahmad4452(m): 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
Muslim communities jst lost a grt man.A lecturer in Unilorin...i wonder hw is first wife wu is in hajja will recieve dis news...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering / The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.