Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) (47200 Views)

Bar Owner Shoots Man Dead In Oyo (Graphic Photos, Video) / SARS Operative Shoots Man Accused Of Being A 'Yahoo Boy' Dead In Lagos (Photos) / Soldier Shoots Man Dead For Packing Sand Near Military Barracks in Kaduna. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by lalasticlala(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Family kicks as policeman kills 33-year-old in Lagos

There was tension in the Ebute Oniyanrin in the Ilaje, Bariga area of Lagos on Tuesday after a police sergeant, Adekan Adesola, shot dead a 33-year-old man, Abiodun Balogun.

The police, however, said Abiodun, known as Anarchy, was a wanted cultist, and died during an exchange of fire.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Abiodun, who worked as a moulder in a block industry, had been called by a friend at about 8am to come to the Oniyanrin area as Sallah gifts were going to be shared by politicians.

It was gathered that Abiodun, who reportedly went with an unidentified friend, was however, manhandled by the police sergeant.

It was learnt that Adesola, who was not in uniform, allegedly dragged Abiodun on the ground, before shooting him.

Abiodun’s friend was said to have escaped from the scene.

Our correspondent gathered that the deceased’s mother, Aishat Balogun, who was called on the telephone that her son had been shot by a policeman, had gone to the Bariga Police Division, where the sergeant was attached and where the corpse was taken to.

The woman was reportedly barred from entering to see Abiodun.

When PUNCH Metro visited Ajileye Street where the Baloguns’ lived, sympathisers lamented the death.

Aishat, who spoke with our correspondent in Yoruba, claimed that the police sergeant had been looking for Balogun as a result of her son’s refusal to join the Eiye cult group which dominated the area.

She said, “I was still with him on Monday, and we were discussing how we would celebrate the Sallah. I did not know that evil was lurking. It was around 8am today (Tuesday) that someone called me and said the sergeant had shot Abiodun dead. The lie they are spreading now is that he was a cultist.

“But the fact is that Adesola is a notorious policeman in our area. He has been shooting at people, claiming that they are cultists. But Abiodun was not a cultist. They had been luring him to join them, but he refused. I do not know the fate of my son presently. I have not been allowed to see him at the police division.”

Our correspondent, however, learnt that the corpse was still at the Bariga Police Division as of the time of report.

Abiodun’s wife, who did not want her name in print, said they were together in the morning when her husband received a call that he should come for Sallah gifts at the Oniyanrin area.

She said, “We were together till around 7am when that phone call came in. So, he went to the area to collect his gift.

“That was where Adesola met and shot him. The policeman was in mufti, and Abiodun was not carrying a gun. He did not have any weapon.”

Other workers and friends of the deceased at his block industry who spoke with PUNCH Metro claimed that Abiodun was murdered in cold blood by the policeman.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joe Offor, however, said Abiodun was a wanted cultist by the police, adding that the 33-year-old was shot dead during an exchange of gunfire.

He added that the matter had been transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja, for further investigation.

He said, “He was a wanted cultist by the police. He died during the exchange of fire. He was known in the area as Anarchy. The case has been taken to SARS for further investigation.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/family-kicks-as-policeman-kills-33-year-old-in-lagos/
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by agarawu23(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Something is suspicious here
Even if the guy is a cultist, will cultist operate as early as 8am in the morning?

Where and when did the 'exchange of fires took place' ?

If the policeman can't bring out the full story btw them and the cultist, he should be charged for murder because we aren't aware the deceased was with a gun according to the news...

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Weed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by myqel(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Lalasticlala!!! If this thread no reach front page make I no see Salah meat chop grin

Cultism in Bariga again....God will save us

#iwasborninBariga

4 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Etizz: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
Police...... I wonder d kinda people dem be.

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Please let's create a THREAD for NATIONAL HUNTERS.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Firefire(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
I blame GEJ undecided

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
What kind of police do we have in this nation?

6 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Menace2Society(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
undecided
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by rezzy: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Who we go blame?
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Pavore9: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sad.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by tigonana: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Wat a loss.
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by majamajic(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
NL FP is in police net grin grin

Mostly police cases
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
sorry to the deceased family

1 Like

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by seankay(m): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
Police again? I think Arase should do something about these extra judicial killings by the NPF

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by OrIandoOwoh(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
make area boys ki11 dat police secretly

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by bufness(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
hmm may God avert evil from us during this festival o
kindly check www.galvinggrey..com.ng funtainment
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by emperorchedda(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Even if he were a cult member who shouldn't be shot without a fair hearing. Second of all if there were exchange of gunshots as the police claimed then people of that community can be asked if they heard sounds of gun fight, this can't be hidden

If there wasn't any incessant gunshots heard then the police have done what they do best; extra judicial killing

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by flyca: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Isn't anarchy the same dictionary meaning as chaos
Why will someone name himself or allow others call him "Anarchy"?

Doesn't sound to me like the name of a law abiding, level headed citizen.

Plus police threatening "Anarchy" to join cult Something about this story doesn't add up.

RIP sha

4 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by ekemit(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
What shall it profit a man after eating a ram a loses his own soul?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by bobosh02(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Rip
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Anonymrs(f): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Just like that! RIP to the dead :'
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by moscobabs(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Bad news everywhere.. Lord continue to protect my family and all nairaland family members o

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by francoray(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Only God knows, if truly he was a cultist... Nigeria police sha!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Donkaz(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sad

This matter get K-leg.

Nigerian police!!! I troway nyash for una

#no homo

1 Like

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
embarassed
No more sallah for that one... sad sad
I hope they get justice!
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by wisefizz(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
uh
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by Chrystover: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Police has been in the news lately.
Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by seedorfg(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
POLICE IS YOUR ENEMY

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoots Man To Death While Waiting For Free Sallah Ram (photo) by kanoguy(m): 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
police case all over 2day may GOD halp us ameen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afeez Ogunbowale Sentenced To 21 Years In Jail For Robbery, Raping LASU Students / Okada Man Who Broke The Story Of Glory Okolie Is Thrown Into Keffi Prison / Man Rapes His Daughter, Blames Wife For Not Being Around When He Wanted Sex(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.