Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:32 PM

NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers (21800 Views)

MTN Rip-off / Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? / Counter On NATCOMMS To Protest MTN Rip-Off of Nigeria Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by butanep(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and the others should reduce their tarrifs. Its on the high side abeg...

MB nor suppose they expire now. When you consumed ur MB, then you buy another.

Inform me when the protest start... I will be your ur PRO
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by maasoap(m): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
MadCow1:
Imagine the fhuckery.. grin

Did MTN use Gun to force you to subscribe to their network?!

MTN does not give two fhucks about your feelings.

MTN is not a fundamental Human right. If you cant afford MTN Services, please port to Etisalat, Glo, Starcomms, Airtel, Nitel, etc.

Same thing for DSTV.. If you cant afford DSTV full Bouquet, go for the lesser bouquets. If that one no sweet you, try Go-TV. If you are still not satisfied, try: CMTV, Startimes, CTL, e.t.c..

This foolishness has got to stop.

Its a free market we run here.
You're ignorant. They demand for better package and you talking about something else. Are the Mtn subscribers not their lifelines? Can Mtn survive without its subscribers?
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by MadCow1: 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
maasoap:
You're ignorant. They demand for better package and you talking about something else. Are the Mtn subscribers not their lifelines? Can Mtn survive without its subscribers?

So if you know that why not port and force MTN to adjust to attract more customers?
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by chax100(f): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
MTN is a THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Omeny: 9:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Let NATCOMMS go and sleep and leave Nigerians alone jharee!
Abi na today MTN don dey milk us dry ni?
MTN was there when Glo,Econet,Vodafone and Etisalat came to our rescue!
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by deb(m): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
modestbrowser:
For calls.. OK, I support.

For browsing.. Lols. I have been the one ripping mtn off.

Mtn should find and lock me up.

I use about the data that should be allocated to 100 people all to myself.

I'm a blogger, I burn 70-100gb per day all for N1000.

I leave in abuja, I have 3 PCs

1 for Simple server.
1 for psiphon
The other for tunnel guru.

Pm me if u need any

You could get pm that could lead you to jail if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
I prefare mtn. I think they stipulate that there data lasts for 30 days? Whats the rip off exactly? There data is stringer than airtel's. Airtel is worse.

Though mtn is stingy in terms of promo, but recently there awoof of free airtime is ok.
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by chloride6: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
MadCow1:

Well, welcome to the world of Business.

The Government can regulate all they want but even they know their is a limit to how much they can regulate prices especially as they haven't necessarily given these networks the best of environment to do their Business in.

Do you know how much MTN pays to fuel their Mast sites?!

Do you know how much MTN spends to secure their sites?!

Do you know how much MTN pays to the NCC for every minute a site is down in punitive charges?!

Do you know how much MTN remits in Taxes to the Government for doing business in Nigeria?

Do you know how much MTN spends on compensation to communities that extort them for having masts in their communities?!

Wait.. Are you a business owner in Nigeria?! If yes, then you should know what I am speaking about.

That's why the open market system gives you the consumer the POWER of CHOICE. If you feel MTN is not giving you value for money services, you can switch networks. And if all the subscribers in MTN switch to other networks, Market forces will force MTN to close down shop and move out. Its simple Market Economics.

If this makes no sense to you, I cant be held responsible for you lack of understanding.

Thanks for stopping by.

cool

MadCow

Hmm... I know your type...

Blindly defending irrational greed.. Cos you plan to do so in future.

You will soon see how easy is it to carve something for yourself.

So they buy diesel, and afterwards generate 55 percent of corporate profit from that same energy deficient country.

I believe MTN has presence in 11 countries.

Stay there and let them be robbing you blind!! U hear!

You make me laugh sef..

See this juvenile..
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by MadCow1: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
chloride6:

Hmm... I know your type...

Blindly defending irrational greed.. Cos you plan to do so in future.

You will soon see how easy is it to carve something for yourself.

So they buy diesel, and afterwards generate 55 percent of corporate profit from that same energy deficient country.

I believe MTN has presence in 11 countries.

Stay there and let them be robbing you blind!! U hear!

You make me laugh sef..

See this juvenile..

Hush boy..

I have more credit on my phones than the amount of money that passes through your account in a month.

I can't be robbed. If a network starts acting funny, I simply switch to a better network. That's the power I have.

Keep nagging, it ain't gonna change shiit. Juveniles complain, Adults act.

If MTN has starts losing customers, they will either close shop and leave or reduce prices to attract clients.
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by chloride6: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
MadCow1:

Hush boy..

I have more credit on my phones than the amount of money that passes through your account in a month.

I can't be robbed. If a network starts acting funny, I simply switch to a better network. That's the power I have.

Keep nagging, it ain't gonna change shiit. Juveniles complain, Adults act.

If MTN has starts losing customers, they will either close shop and leave or reduce prices to attract clients.

Lmao..... See Who dey talk... '' i simply switch to a better network ''.

Oga defend the insane profit... Or... Pay ya house rent.
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by MadCow1: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
chloride6:

Lmao..... See Who dey talk... '' i simply switch to a better network ''.

Oga defend the insane profit... Or... Pay ya house rent.

Insane profit is simply the product of doing Business.. nothing to defend here.

They have good competition in Globalcom and Etisalat and yet they are still ahead of them in terms of subscriber base and profit.

A Mercedes and a Kia are both cars, but the Logo of a Merc alone can drive the price of a car higher than a Kia logo would.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If you are not satisfied with MTN, Nigga Port the fhuck off..

And nice joke with 'Pay your rent'.. been a while I had that problem to deal with. grin
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by chloride6: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
MadCow1:

Insane profit is simply the product of doing Business.. nothing to defend here.

They have good competition in Globalcom and Etisalat and yet they are still ahead of them in terms of subscriber base and profit.

A Mercedes and a Kia are both cars, but the Logo of a Merc alone can drive the price of a car higher than a Kia logo would.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If you are not satisfied with MTN, Nigga Port the fhuck off..

And nice joke with 'Pay your rent'.. been a while I had that problem to deal with. grin

You still ain't making sense man..

You think you are quite informed..

I'm afraid you are not

MTN holds a large Base of subscribers due to currently unchangeable precedent.

Like..

Time of entry into the market.. Etc

Not quality of service man.

Many people are tied to their service provider cos the alternative isn't any better.

All of them are exhorting Nigerians.

Imagine if PHCN raised their rates to 50 naira per unit

And you open your mouth and say hate the game.

Which game?

The whole country is ran without proper labour laws.

No anti trust laws whatsoever

Reminds me of AT&T.
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by IYANGBALI: 11:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
When we are done with them,we shall thereafter pounce on nairaland and it moderators that always ban us indiscriminately and will not allow us to use words like fok,obo,oko,toto,abokiii,heboe and others sweet words on naiaraland tongue
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Danielclinton: 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oh boy help me out
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by MadCow1: 12:18am On Sep 24, 2015
chloride6:

You still ain't making sense man..

You think you are quite informed..

I'm afraid you are not

MTN holds a large Base of subscribers due to currently unchangeable precedent.

Like..

Time of entry into the market.. Etc

Not quality of service man.

Many people are tied to their service provider cos the alternative isn't any better.

All of them are exhorting Nigerians.

Imagine if PHCN raised their rates to 50 naira per unit

And you open your mouth and say hate the game.

Which game?

The whole country is ran without proper labour laws.

No anti trust laws whatsoever

Reminds me of AT&T.

These are the call rates you are making a fuss about.. 11 Kobo per sec..

How much would you rather have them charge sir.

Tell me what rate would make you happy.

Remember that their business is also impacted by the exchange rates and various other factors.

Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Slickbishop(m): 12:42am On Sep 24, 2015
modestbrowser:

1 for Simple server.
1 for psiphon

Pm me if u need any
I also need it,how do u do it?I mean how do u obtain dose those data?
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by cameroncucumber(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2015
modestbrowser:

1 for Simple server. 1 for psiphon The other for tunnel guru.

Pm me if u need any
chairman i need am abeg
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by cameroncucumber(m): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2015
modestbrowser:

1 for Simple server. 1 for psiphon The other for tunnel guru.

Pm me if u need any
chairman i need am abeg
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by marked10(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2015
Olasco93:

Yes. Consumer Protection Council should rise up and checkmate the molestation of consumers by Producers and all companies plying in Nigeria just like Dubai where am from...

are not a nigerian?
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by amparas(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
All Naija networks are the same.
Meanwhile the guys wey d protest the blaze simple server grin grin
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
markmira:

the brain becomes dull when the owner fails to utilize its power.

So, your make your brain active by being a Viewer?
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 25, 2015
modestbrowser:
What do you use all that data for daily? That's too much. Are you running a business off downloading and redistributing software
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by udysweet(f): 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
Was searching for info on dis simple server cos I normally hear about. My search brought me here. Pls help me out,mbok. How do I go about dis stuff,and wat and wat is required of me? Trying to explore oda options dats why. God bless. I'll PM u
modestbrowser:

1 for Simple server.
1 for psiphon

Pm me if u need any
Re: NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
udysweet:
Was searching for info on dis simple server cos I normally hear about. My search brought me here. Pls help me out,mbok. How do I go about dis stuff,and wat and wat is required of me? Trying to explore oda options dats why. God bless. I'll PM u

Pm @ @gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gionee Unveils Eight Smartphones, Including S11/S11S And M7 Plus / Cheat For Real Football 2012 Stamina Problem On Android / Vivo Unveils New Tech That Can Charge 4,000 Mah Battery In About 13 Minutes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.