Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? (23343 Views)

Photo Of The Day: The Groomsmen And The Bridesmaids (Extremely Funny) / Wedding Boasts Of 80 Bridesmaids / The Bridal Gallery:Gowns,Bridesmaid Dresses,Hair & Accessories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by damiso(f): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2009
I think who should pay depends on different circumstances ie the bridesmaids,relationship to the bride etc.All in all i think the bride should be considerate in thinking of what costs the bridesmaid would incur.

I gave my bridesmaids about 9 months notice and also made sure they had a say in their dresses,i paid for their jewelry,hair accessories,make up and also their hair(did not pay for the weaves though just the fixing).I also got them really nice gifts cos i felt honoured that they accepted to be part of my train,they paid 10k and i ended up spending about 15k each of them.I also had to pay for my little nieces(my aunty'sdaughter) but did not mind paying as i had budgeted all those costs ahead, Guess the fact that i stuck to strict budget on other things made me have extra for all that (also the fact that i am yoruba and my parents and husband paid for the reception helped sha dont let me lie).
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by atilla(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2009
I think the bride or groom should pay for at least the suit or dress.

Being a bridesmaid/groomsman is not just a previledge but ur also doing them favour because ur going to work hard, not like go there and sit down and just enjoy urself during the occasion.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Tweetie(f): 2:49am On Apr 23, 2009
Hi
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by tshow(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2009
WELL AS THE CASE MAYBE, THIS IS JUST HAVE TO BE A 50 - 50 PAY SINCE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PAID BY ANYBODY OR NEITHER IS EVERYBODY'S RIGHT TO PAY UP THIS, THEN IT JUST HAVE TO BE SHARED AND AGREED, CUZ THEY ALL GONNA ENJOY EVERYTHING MADE THERE TOGETHER AS WELL AS , EATING AND DINNING, kiss undecided TWAVES kiss grin[color=#770077][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][img][/img]

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2010
actually it depends on d bride.i've been involved in a lotta bridal train some i pay n some its free includin accessories n make up.most times it's usually my friends wedding dat i do d bridal stuff.one day my cousin asked me 2 be in one of her bridal train n its gonna be 10k.i told her i want 2 see d gown b4 i pay 4 it,so i'll be able to see whether it will fit me n ill be able to wear it 4 other parties so she said its not yet ready but she assured me its gonna suit me.i tuk her by her words n paid d 10k.wen she brought d dress i was so disapointed cos it luked so immature on me.i was upset n told her ill come 4 ur weddin but i wount do d bridal thingy cos u assured me it was gonna be fine n it ended up lukin stupid.she later went 2 mit my mom so dat my mom can persuade me 2 do d bridal train stuff n i told her i dint like d gown n d colour combination.at d end of d day my mom begged me 2 do it n she compensated me with some attractive amount of money so i ended up doin it.bottomline if its fine n its useful 4 oda occasions y not ill gladly pay.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Ladytemi(f): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2010
I know that as women, we all dream of having the best for her wedding but brides should consider the finances of her bridal party. If a bride can pay for hair and accessories then she should. If you can't afford to be in the bridal party just let your friend know.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Ladyrsky46: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2010
[b]the bridesmaids pay for it but i think they need to be very considerate and think about other people's pocket!!!! think people shud think about it well b4 acceptin offers cost most times u have to pay for everythin

hmmm, u guys dont even want to knw d gbese im in rite now, its my cousin's wedding in july, n im her chiefbridesmaid, personally i think she's a BRIDEZILLA cos her own is just too much, she's been goin on about dis wedding thing n its startin to do my head in, everythin she chose is soo expensive, i dont even think she thot about her bridesmaid's pocket o! SHE JUST WANTS A PERFECT ONE, n we all have to pay for it, my dress alone as chiefbridesmaid is £150, aso ebi is £50(which is quite cheap cos its engagement n wedding plus gele but its only 4yrds each sha) but its not bad, dats already £200 gone, dis is minus shoes n bag o cos i wil wear different shoes for engagement,wedding n party, she even wanted us to have matchin shoes but i think she had a rethink n just decided everyone shud wear d same colour,

i wil also pay tailor which wil cost nuffin less than £150 or £200 for both aso ebi, i have to make my hair, another £100 cos she wants us to have 14" weave on n im sure u all knw how much milky way or premium now is, human hair is now soo bloody expensive, she wants us to have d same hairstyle, she also wants our make-up done professionally by a lady from MAC, she is chargin £25 per face, my nails wil cost me £15 cos i'll prolly just need a refill n my pedicure wil cos another £20, d only thing i think we're gettin free is d pearls we're wearing for d wedding. Dats almost £500 gone o! is it my wedding

imagine i told her i wanted to fix my eye lashes, guess wot she said "no, u can't have dem done, only d bride can fix lashes, U DONT WANNA BE LOOKING PRETTIER THAN D BRIDE, ALL EYES SHOULD BE ON D BRIDE", can u imagine her sayin somethin like dat after all d money im goin to spend o!
she was also tellin me no one has a say cos its her wedding, n everybody has to look d way she wants dem to look cos she was at her cousin's wedding in naija n she had to pay for everythin includin her make-up even tho she didnt like wot they painted on her face,

Being a bridesmaid costs a lot of money, i shud have thot about it well b4 acceptin knowing d kind of person she is but i couldnt reject cos she is my cousin,

she was also tellin me as her CB im meant to be organisin her hen night so she wil like us all to sleepover at a nice luxurious hotel wit a spa n all so we can have beauty spa sessions wit [/b]

Dang! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by lisabe: 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2011
my dear if you want quality at good prices, and custom made wedding dress in whatever design oof you choice, go to www.bridely.com.ng
their gowns go from N40k upwards, trust me, you will be spoilt for choice

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by lisabe: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
my dear if you want quality at good prices, and custom made wedding dress in whatever design oof you choice, go to www.bridely.com.ng
their gowns go from N40k upwards, trust me, you will be spoilt for choice

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by asham: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
It a very big task just make sure you are ready for it and nt beos you wnt to please her
For your wedding Decor and Decor Training AAA Events and Design is a name you can trust for more info 08056236435 BBpin 2644F69D
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by portix: 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2014

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by ILOEGBE(f): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello Ladies, This is another opportunity for women to network. Connect with people that will help grow your business giving you business insights and opportunities. like our fb page https://www.facebook.com/womenwhowin-ng. Join the group and attend our August Program this Sunday 24th. View flier for more details

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flavor, Awilo, Chidinma Storm Awka For Flirt Vodka Concert / 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! / Two Brothers To Be Buried The Same Day After Their Deaths In Imo State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.