Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

I Want To Write A Resignation Letter - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Write A Resignation Letter (23584 Views)

Is This The Best Resignation Letter Ever? / Resignation Letter Format / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Bigdreams(m): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nairaland is such a place.

Chai...see responses.

I just dey laugh...

Meanwhile, check my signature to know how you can set up your own bulk sms website.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
Good
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by bxcode(m): 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
Are you resigning based on the mindset and attitude you have towards your boss? People may have not been working for more than 6 months for the man but someone will still work for years with that man someday. Why don't you make a difference, pressure and stress from workplace are what employees are meant to handle and manage prayerfully and attitude wise and not run from. Where you may end up if you later resign do you know what will be your fate? What if it becomes worse than your current workplace, will you abandon(ship) again?
My dear, as far as your boss is paying you your agreed salary and you know you are doing your work, work as if you own the firm and I can promise you that you the man will treat you better. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Mskrisx(f): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
aspabay:
Dear Sir,

Letter of Resignation

Enough is Enough.

Thank you.

Z

Lwkmd
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Mekky05(m): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
Op,God will see you through.. Go ahead with your decision,your a man so stick to your words! Don't mind this (fe)Male's wey no get liver.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Mskrisx(f): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Badgers14:
Dear Sir,

Me unhappy..
Dis work no good for my borri...
Me quit..

Am ourra here..

wink

Good luck on your future endeavors @Op

Chaiiii lwkmd

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Mskrisx(f): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
henergygirl:
Oga boss

I cant die for you ohhhh......i wont die for you. I quit!

Kponkwem

Lwkmd
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by seangy4konji: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
u wan resign abi?
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by ojosegun2011(m): 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
Write like this:

Dear Sir,

LETTER OF RESIGNATION:

I wish to inform you of my desire to resign my appointment as an employee in your establishment due to family pressure to assume the position of the Managing Director of my father's business dynasty which specializes in your type of business with Headquarters in Abuja and branches in 24 states of Nigeria.

At the on-set my father had insisted that I should go and work in your establshment to gain experience of how not to appreciate commitment and loyalty to work which my father knows was your style.

However, he insisted I needed your mode of operation not because he expects me to adopt your hostility and insatiable nature to my employees when I eventually become the MD of his organisation but to use it to ensure probity and accountability and to use it to ensure all employees under me put in their best and to compensate them adequately.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn on the job.

Yours faithfully.

(Signed)

By the time he reads your letter you would have shown him his own picture and you might have sent a life changing message to him that may force him to treat others like human beings.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by wisestman(m): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
wellmax:
I had previously worked for a few years in PHC before this present job. From day one it was terrible, you can't just please my boss. I will soon learn that no one stays in my position for more than 6 months. They all resigned out of frustration. I'm at that point too now, and I intend to tender my resignation on Monday.

I need advice on a short, concise and apt resignation letter

If you want my job, I can give you link to the company cheesy

I don't know if u r serious abt resigning but if u are den let me show u that there is always an opportunity in every problem. Others have resigned after six months n u want to follow simply because u r doing d exact same thing dey all did and u were fed d same thing dey were all fed. U can be d fist person to stay in dat job for more dan six months and it will only happen once u make d decision now to become d first person that will last in dat job and become loveable by ur boss by doing things differently and uniquely. Stop believing that nonsense that no one can be please. I have been there and d rest is history cos I stayed longer than anyone ever did.It is upto u. Peace

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by wisestman(m): 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
bxcode:
Are you resigning based on the mindset and attitude you have towards your boss? People may have not been working for more than 6 months for the man but someone will still work for years with that man someday. Why don't you make a difference, pressure and stress from workplace are what employees are meant to handle and manage prayerfully and attitude wise and not run from. Where you may end up if you later resign do you know what will be your fate? What if it becomes worse than your current workplace, will you abandon(ship) again?
My dear, as far as your boss is paying you your agreed salary and you know you are doing your work, work as if you own the firm and I can promise you that you the man will treat you better. All the best.

U beat me to it, didn't know u hav already wriiten cos I wrote d same message to him..people n their mindset sha..well thank God for you.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Kazrem(m): 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
wellmax:
I had previously worked for a few years in PHC before this present job. From day one it was terrible, you can't just please my boss. I will soon learn that no one stays in my position for more than 6 months. They all resigned out of frustration. I'm at that point too now, and I intend to tender my resignation on Monday.

Change your attitude. Attitude changed situation changed. More so, do you know the kind of boss you will have next?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by datopaper(m): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Since it is one man business you are bond to fAce this problem especially if you are not train well ( be ready always). Even in govt work, you still contend with junior or senior palavar so my advice ' before warn is be harm. How market
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by door2(m): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
pls help me with ur boss number: i go like apply: thank:
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Komex(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
wellmax:

Dude, You ended up telling us your frustration without describing the Job.

Consider two things;
1. What will you gain from resigning?
2. What will your Boss gain?

Know this, a replacement is always by the corner but if you be gateman, abeg resign.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by dantewest: 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
aspabay:
Dear Sir,

Letter of Resignation

Enough is Enough.

Thank you.

cry cry cry shocked
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by NovusHomo(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
wellmax:

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Raskasal(m): 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nice write up, brief and considerate.

milychocs:
Dear Sir/Madam

I regret to say that the work environment is no longer enabling and conducive for me
Therefore I believe it is time to move on. This letter serves as my resignation. Thank you for for the opportunity to work at ......
Best regards
Xyz

From me, as you quit...good luck.....,may your life rock.....hope you do something you love...may your life be happy
You deserve to be happy darling. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by osifred(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
Before you submit the letter ask yourself who will lose? Yourself or your boss?
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by itzemar(m): 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
wellmax:

thanks bro. there are many people out there who need this job and are willing to endure. Nice move, please move ahead and look for a better job... As if there's any job without its stress. #smh
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
I ll advice u try to beat the 6months hoodoo and see how it goes...
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Dyt(f): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Aunty Dyt cheesy tongue

I shoot you
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by baby124: 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
Make sure you have another job first. Then you say:

Sir,
Seek help. Don't you see you are the problem? No one can please you, everyone runs from you. You are obnoxious and a narcissistic sociopath. Try to treat my replacement better so that you can move forward. Most importantly, seek psychological help. Being too difficult is not a sign of well being. Consider this a friendly advice and my resignation letter. I wish you the best

Cc: owner of the business. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Tamakay(m): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Change ur attitude towards him or her. Pls try and find out why ur boss is harsh. If u find out nothing scary about him prepare ur resignation but dont give him yet but confront him squarely. Pls when u are confronting him make sure u speak good English and try to let him realize u got something upstairs. But I doubt because dis one u are asking us to write a resignation letter. And if all what I said fails,pls resign because occultic employers often behaves like that.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
give him an uppercut.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by bawz012(m): 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
milychocs:
Dear Sir/Madam

I regret to say that the work environment is no longer enabling and conducive for me
Therefore I believe it is time to move on. This letter serves as my resignation. Thank you for for the opportunity to work at ......
Best regards
Xyz

From me, as you quit...good luck.....,may your life rock.....hope you do something you love...may your life be happy
You deserve to be happy darling. God bless you
how sweet... i want to marry u...
Na ur type dey give MAN full support in trying times...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by emekz1: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
SACK YA BOSS NA
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by ideatoprince18(m): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
yak:
nothing wrong with resigning but b polite cos d world is now a village
.......the world is now a village as in ...u can trek from Nigeria to south Korea abi??
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
I hate nagging bosses.No matter how lucrative the salary is,if a boss nags I will just endure to work till end of the month.If I receive salary I don quit.No resignation.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by xtervaganza(m): 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
aspabay:
Dear Sir,

Letter of Resignation

Enough is Enough.

Thank you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U NO GO KILL ME grin grin
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by realchidex: 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Please learn to manage your boss while looking for another job. Dare not resign except you have gotten another job. There are no jobs out there. Thats the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Secretly Sacks 30,000 Workers - Nigerian Pilot / Which Of These Professional Courses Should I Go For / 5 Things I Have Learned From Working In A One Man Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.