Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,742 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother (857 Views)

Bash Ali During Goodluck Jonathan Regime Vs Buhari Regime:See The Difference(pi / AWARD: The Difference Between Ballon D'or & FIFA World Player Of The Year Award / Update On Chess Tournaments In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
Please what is the difference between these cups, UEFA champions league, UEFA supercup, kalling cup (don't know if I got that right) Europa supercup, and now Capital one cup, please what is the distinguishing factor of all these Cups?
In fact, I'll like to know the difference between all the European tournaments been played, I'm utterly confused as day in day out I see numerous competitions I really do not understand no more

Please do not refer me to Google, I have consulted, but seem not to grasp their explanation.....

Thanks in advance
Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by sojas: 8:23am On Sep 24, 2015
Uefa Champions League is a competition for European clubs Champions to 3-4th place finished teams depending on the club's UEFA coeficient ranking. For example, England, Spain and Germany send 1-4 placed teams in their leagues while Italy, France and Portugal send Just 3. Some countries re expected to send between 1 & 2 either to the play-offs or directly to the group stage.

Capital one cup formerly sponsored by Carling (Carling Cup) is English League cup. Only teams in the league tiers re expected to participate unlike the FA cup where non league also teams participate.

More to follow...
Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
Thanks:boss, but I no:really understand u sha.... will:appreciate if u can do better justice to it.., is the capital one not same as premiership? From your explanation....
Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by Icon4s(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Thanks:boss, but I no:really understand u sha.... will:appreciate if u can do better justice to it.., is the capital one not same as premiership? From your explanation....

oya sojas help him out again.
Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Icon4s:

oya sojas help him out again.
you no fit Help?
Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by sojas: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Carling Cup now known as Capital One Cup (because of change in sponsorship of the competition) is a competition meant for teams exclusively for English league divisions (LEAGUE TWO - Premiership) and is in knock out stages till you get to the last 4 where you re expected to play a home and away between two teams to get to the final.
The difference between this competition and the F.A Cup is non-inclusion of the amateur teams (non-league clubs).
The Premiership is what you watch every weekends bar international breaks or F.A Cup schedules which usually re earliest of the year.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
OP go n die ; which young man on earth that doesn't know football?

Go n Die jare...
Re: What Is The Difference Between These tournaments, Please Help A Brother by sojas: 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
killerman47:
OP go n die ; which young man on earth that doesn't know football?

Go n Die jare...
My brother, he is clueless in anything football related.

(1) (Reply)

CHELSEA VS Liverpool..mourinho's Job On The Bridge..predict The Scoreline / HOW TO REGISTER WITH 1960BET " ABOUT 1960BET NIGERIA" / Right? Real Madrid Fans Booo!! Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.