Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. (36701 Views)

Al-jazeera On President Buhari's Speech At UN Assembly / Abuja Residents Storm National Assembly With Lamps Over Lack Of Power Supply / Kayode Ogundamisi On Buhari Attending United Nation General Assembly With Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 4:44am On Sep 24, 2015
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/23/buhari-attending-un-general-assembly-22-man-delegation-nigeria%E2%80%99s-slimmest-decades

Buhari Attending UN General Assembly With 22-Man Delegation, Nigeria’s Slimmest In Decades

BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORKSEP 23, 2015

President Muhammad Buhari will be attending the 70th United Nations General Assembly in New York accompanied only by 21 delegates, according to a source at the Presidency in Abuja.

The lean delegation pales in comparison with what had become the junketing tradition of Nigeria’s delegations to the annual event.

A list obtained by SaharaReporters shows that President Buhari will be accompanied by the Governors of Kaduna, Niger and Cross River states. Also on his entourage are former governors Rotimi Amaechi and Kayode Fayemi. The Senator from Katsina, Hadi Sirika and a former member of the House of Representatives, Abike Dabiri, are also in the group.

Others on the plane to New York include Major General Monguno (Rtd), the National Security Adviser; Femi Adesina, the Presidential Special Adviser on Media; Sarkin Abba Kalu, Special Adviser Household Matters; Lawal Kazuare (State Chief of Protocol), Nura Rimi, Presidential Liaison Officer; Lt. Col M. L Abubakar (Aide de Camp); Bashir Abubakar, Chief Security Officer; Sabi’u Yusuf (Personal Assistant); ACP Abdukarim Dauda, Dr. Suhayb Sanusi Rafindadi, Chief Personal Physician; and Ya’u Abdulahi, Chief Detail.

It would be recalled that in 2013, over 600 persons accompanied President Goodluck Jonathan to New York. When SaharaReporters reported on the scandalous figure, Reuben Abati, who was then the spokesperson to President Jonathan, denied our story. However, in September 2014, Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Bashir Wali, confirmed the story in a widely televised press conference.

So reckless and unaccountable had Nigeria’s participation become that SaharaReporters also found out in 2013 that the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, had taken luxury suites in two hotels: the Four Seasons, as well as the Pierre Hotel where President Jonathan lodged. She and her delegation also rented eight luxury limousines that were parked in front of the Four Seasons throughout her stay, but only four of them were used.

In 2014, President Jonathan was forced to cut down the size of his delegation but his team was still large enough to take up 145 luxury rooms at the UN Millennium Hotel, and 40 suites at the Pierre.

For his first visit to the General Assembly as elected leader, President Buhari reportedly received meeting requests from about 21 world leaders, but he will only be able to meet with the Presidents of Brazil, Russia and Poland; former US President Bill Clinton, Microsoft Founder Bill Gates and Poe Frances.

His aides told SaharaReporters that President Buhari will also be skipping the meeting scheduled with Nigerians in the Diaspora, all functions with non-governmental organizations, and the traditional dinner with the business community.

The president is expected to return to Nigeria on May 29 in time for Nigeria’s Independence Day celebrations on October 1.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by GudluckIBB(m): 4:50am On Sep 24, 2015
A man who is prepared to be a president (Buhari) is different from the man who became a president accidentally (Jonathan).

When he was a Deputy Governor, his Boss had issues and he became the Governor

........Then he became the vice president,His Boss died and he was sworn in as the president.

.......................Jonathan was Never prepared!

346 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gnrdike(m): 4:55am On Sep 24, 2015
so waiting be my business

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jogsman01(m): 4:57am On Sep 24, 2015
and how much is to be paid to each delegate? until den, let the war rest.

as if him go get medal for SLIMFITTING....... Mtscheeeww

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by mymen(m): 4:58am On Sep 24, 2015
PMB reducing cost since 1908

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 24, 2015
The most prudent President have ever seen. God bless you PMB. And for the wailers shouting that Rotimi had been sideline and kept aside after all the vigorous campaign he made for my President even when the odds were not on his sides, una see una life? Or do you all still need glasses to see the name of a certain 'Rotimi' on the entourage?! Toor!!................. OMG! Can you just read all the reckless spending by that Allison woman?! Jeez! Madam, aren't you okay by now? Please come back home, we want to have a word with you.

182 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 4:58am On Sep 24, 2015
GudluckIBB:
A man who is prepared to be a president (Buhari) is different from the man who became a president accidentally (Jonathan).

True. Imagine 185 prestigious hotel rooms booked under GEJ in 2014. How much will that have cost Nigeria? We can only imagine.

In 2014, President Jonathan was forced to cut down the size of his delegation but his team was still large enough to take up 145 luxury rooms at the UN Millennium Hotel, and 40 suites at the Pierre.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by babadem2much(m): 5:02am On Sep 24, 2015
The Presidential President always cutting down unnecessary expenses.

Baba, God will continue to guide n protect u in all areas of life

God bless Nigeria

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 24, 2015
GudluckIBB:
...... You've said it all my brother! Just imagine another 4 years with these sets of corrupt souls! Simply Unimaginable!!!

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Lhanre(m): 5:06am On Sep 24, 2015
This is a good development. Governance with responsibility and sound judgment.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by GboyegaD(m): 5:06am On Sep 24, 2015
I hope the state governors will take a cue from this and reduce the usual unnecessary expense.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 5:06am On Sep 24, 2015
modelmike7:
...... You've said it all my brother! [b]Just imagine another 4 years with these sets of corrupt souls! [/b]Simply Unimaginable!!!

I am even having nightmares thinking of the possibility of such.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 24, 2015
GudluckIBB:

I wish Buhari is prepared, by now, he would have had his ministers. Saharareporters have successfully listed his entourage and haven't said that he is attending the UN General Assembly with any plan for Nigeria.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 24, 2015
Gbawe:

I am even having nightmares thinking of the possibility of such.
...... My tummy is on Royal Rumble at the mere thought of what gloom and uncertainty this country would have been thrown to in 4 years! God bless Buhari with more healthy years and wisdom.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by omowolewa: 5:12am On Sep 24, 2015
Business minded president.

Nigeria has gotten a better president, now we want a better way of life, a better system.
We have PMB for '8years', but we Nigerian system for ever.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Femolacaster(m): 5:18am On Sep 24, 2015
Sai baba for life.....for the wailers, lagoon is your portion.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by GudluckIBB(m): 5:19am On Sep 24, 2015
stickncarrot:

I wish Buhari is prepared, by now, he would have had his ministers. Saharareporters have successfully listed his entourage and haven't said that he is attending the UN General Assembly with any plan for Nigeria.

I think I will slightly agree with you on this.
He won an Election since March and till now, no ministers 6 months after.

However, I think he knows what's he doing don't forget that "Slow and steady wins the race"

36 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by talktimi(m): 5:34am On Sep 24, 2015
So should I start scratching my bálls or what ? Boko haram has killed hundreds of people this week, Nigeria has lost 410 billion naira so far in the capital market and 73,000 people have lost their jobs in the construction sector alone in 3 months, our currency is in a catastrophic nosedive, Fulani herdsmen are conducing a free unstoppable genocide in the north central and crime wave is on the increase yet a dimwit wants us to celebrate slim entourage as dividend of democracy. You people should keep clowning around in your delusions grin

Yes I am a WAILING WAILER

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by warrior01: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Abeg, you guys should stop this trash. Enough of this ass licking while Nigerians are losing their jobs in droves with no particular economic direction and you guys are here telling me how Buhari went to America with his political cheerleaders. Please let him go 10000 men if he can give us a direction.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Buhari runs a smart government. It's easy to see his govt is purposeful. With time, everything would come to proper perspective and doubters would begin to appreciate that this is the government we have been waiting for.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Coldfaya(m): 5:44am On Sep 24, 2015
Sharp contrast to what was obtainable b4 now. Sai BaBa

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by fulanimafia: 5:45am On Sep 24, 2015
This underlines the change being delivered by President Buhari. The profligacy and sheer waste of public funds by JonaFail and his corrupt cabinet as exemplified by these revelations which saw a massive haemorrhage of our excess crude account and foreign reserves during the oil price boom, contributed immensely to our present economic challenges, of which blame has been wrongly apportioned to PMB.

The composition of this lean entourage evidences a carefully planned trip and portrays a responsible government that understands and responds to the present austere times. Even world leaders will take Nigeria more seriously with this and they already do; just over 3 months of mounting the saddle and PMB is cherry-picking his strategic meetings out of invitations from over 20 countries.

Kudos Buhari. Change delivered.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 24, 2015
How does that change the fact that the man is cluesless as to how to run this government? I don't blame him, he is not used to modern governance(democracy).

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2015
It's a known fact that when Jonathan was the President, managers of hotels in New York were always happy when there was a UN General Assembly meeting, because of the more than necessary delegations that accompanied him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by eph12(m): 6:11am On Sep 24, 2015
May 29 ke? How I wish he is going there with real technocrats and not politicians.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by radgenez: 6:15am On Sep 24, 2015
its not the size of the delegation that matters but the outcome of the meeting. if the gvt is really serious then we would have seen results of all the travelling theyve been doing since sadly no, their only interest is to compare themselves with jonathan.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by pallybrown(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2015
If he like let him go with only his son what's my business

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jomoh: 6:19am On Sep 24, 2015
Thank God for the life of PMB for sparing him for our dear country.

Now I can sleep well knowing that

We have a president who know what he is doing.

We have a president who will sacrifice his sallah to meet with world leaders for the sake of our country rather than go dancing in Kaduna while there's bomb blast in Abuja.

We have a president who would not be in the toilet when its time for him to deliver his speech.

I can now sleep well knowing fully well that I have President Muhammodu Buhari as the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic(GCFR).

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by omenka(m): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2015
It hurts me no end whenever I imagine where we would have been by now as a nation had we made this right choice in 2011. Just imagine that....

Imagine we didn't vote that pathological thief that flooded Abuja with smaller but big thieves.

Imagine we didn't vote that fool whose only legacy is the deep ethnic and religious prejudice among the various ethnic and religious groups in the country.

Imagine we didn't vote someone who "underestimated" BH giving them room to thrive and turn into an almost unconquerable monster.

Imagine all that....

@Gbawe: please edit the date in the second line of the last paragraph. Thanks.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jomoh: 6:23am On Sep 24, 2015
radgenez:
its not the size of the delegation that matters but the outcome of the meeting. if the gvt is really serious then we would have seen results of all the travelling theyve been doing since sadly no, their only interest is to compare themselves with jonathan.

You may not have seen the result but we have.

US=resumption of arms purchase
South Africa=Refund of our stolen $15Million
France=$100million investment promise
Niger, Cameroon, Chad, Benin= we all no the activities of Boko haram has been reduced.

We all know the result of the OAU 50 anniversary GEJ went to in Addis ababa

https://www.nairaland.com/1312362/president-goodluck-jonathan-inside-toilet

https://www.naij.com/63385.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElaiWGfKGn0

And if you or anyone still do not see any link between France visit and the bolded countries, then they have no business criticising any government.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by bablononi(m): 6:28am On Sep 24, 2015
Baba nah you jare.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tenry(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2015
jcmaiah:
How does that change the fact that the man is cluesless as to how to run this government? I don't blame him, he is not used to modern governance(democracy).
Please what does it take to run a modern governance? Put differently, what is modern democracy? Attending a UN meeting with 600 delegates is modern democracy? What did they bring from those meetings in 4 years? Guy, don't just come here to type any nonsense that comes to your mind. To say you are clueless is an understatement, you have no knowledge of what we are talking about here. I guess u just came across the word 'modern governance' and u decided to impress mumu people like yourself.
Your stupidity is legendary! I don't need to see you physically before I conclude the kind of confused human being you will be with mundane or pedestrian argument which could be better passed to the mediocre. You haven't answered my question of modern governance ooo. Just be parading popular opinion abt lateness in forming cabinet as if u understand what u ar talking about. Illiterate who propagate what is in d public domain as if he has his own clear argument on d matter.

43 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obiano's Opertaion Light Up Anambra State Continues (pics) / Niger Communities Negotiate With Boko Haram, Pay N20m, Buy N500k Bike For Them / Boko Haram Survivors Express Their Sad Experience Through Drawing - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.