Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:03 PM

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. (36636 Views)

Al-jazeera On President Buhari's Speech At UN Assembly / Abuja Residents Storm National Assembly With Lamps Over Lack Of Power Supply / Kayode Ogundamisi On Buhari Attending United Nation General Assembly With Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tenry(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2015
jcmaiah:

Na only u waka come? Abeg make Google your friend .
I know what Google says about it, I mean your own understanding of a modern governance. Stop begging the question, admit you don't know it... and if u do, pls tell us. I want u to demonstrate more stupidity here. Oya we are waiting... what is modern governance??
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2015
Gbawe:
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/23/buhari-attending-un-general-assembly-22-man-delegation-nigeria%E2%80%99s-slimmest-decades

Return to Nigeria on may 29, continue. ...SaharaRePOOOters.

Doesn't make me admire Buhari's style of governance any less tho.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tuniski: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2015
stickncarrot:

I wish Buhari is prepared, by now, he would have had his ministers. Saharareporters have successfully listed his entourage and haven't said that he is attending the UN General Assembly with any plan for Nigeria.

no mind the sai baba zombies they have stopped being objective since buhari became president. A. Sole administrator should normally have a smalll entourage nau! Anyway, how has this austerity induced cost saving measure translated to expanding opportunities or reducing unemployment? Yeye media stunts empty in substance!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jammiller: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2015
Fall in revenue.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2015
The list says it all - lopsided as usual. Buhari is a bigot big time.

Ogbonnaya Onu, how market?
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by alexlee50: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2015
Gbawe:

Man mi, let us learn to criticise honestly and constructively. Do you know what the UN General assembly is primarily convened for? It is not a business or trade symposium. If you don't appreciate this fundamental notion then it means you are biased against the Buhari Government and that is why you can suggest he should be travelling to a UN general assembly meeting with businessmen. It is your fundamental misunderstanding of what the UN general assembly does, perhaps coupled with bias against the Buhari government, that makes you think our NSA, Major General Monguno (Rtd), should be replaced with Otedola, Dangote or Elumelu.

http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/operations/rolega.shtml

everybody who criticises this government should not be seen as hating this government. Criticism is meant to give a sense of direction that way we would not find ourselves in the wilderness. The country belongs to us all.anybody who thinks it is evil to criticise if they are not doing something right does not mean well for the country. On the issue of the u.n, peace keeping/enforcement is just one of the functions of the united nations.The united nations was created in 1948 after the second world war.The primary objective at that time was, to provide a platform where countries can talk and avert any situation where war could break out.the u.s and its allies mooted the idea, Russia, china and others came on board.The major reason the u.s wanted the u.n was to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons, which at that time they had just used on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Subsequently other arms of the u.n were formed to enhance trade, growth, infant mortality, girl child education. These were done through unicef, world bank and other arms of the u.n.each country has a representative in the u.n.after each meeting at plenary delegates from each country on how to enhance trade, investment and even disputes.so it is an oppurtunity for PMB to meet the trade delegates from Germany and tell them about the motor policy and Germany could make a mercedes in nigeria.The objective of this is to dominate the west african market and provide a market for sale of new and fairly used cars in the african market.this would create employment and put food on the table.what about meeting with the delegates from thailand on how we could increase rice production in nigeria through their technology? Yes business men should form part of the presidents team, policy makers should form part of the presidents team.let me ask you two questions.what do u think nigerians need most? What is this governments polivy on health, economy, aviation, foreign policy/international relations, commerce, education?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by 989900: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
[s]Most of Jonathan's ministers were spectacular. Its very evident. That's why the international community is giving them appointments.

Diezani was spectacular. She stepped on toes and achieved results. It wasn't her fault that the PIB couldn't go through. It wasn't her fault that crude oil price fell. People say she stole 20 billion dollars. How come Buhari is yet to find it?[/s]

I rest my case. cry
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by bmos(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=stickncarrot post=38321262]

I wish Buhari is prepared, by now, he would have had his ministers.

With or without ministers the affairs of governance is running smoothly.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Olukat(m): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=tenry post=38321994]
Please what does it take to run a modern governance? Put differently, what is modern democracy? Attending a UN meeting with 600 delegates is modern democracy? What did they bring from those meetings in 4 years? Guy, don't just come here to type any nonsense that comes to your mind. To say you are clueless is an understatement, you have no knowledge of what we are talking about here. I guess u just came across the word 'modern governance' and u decided to impress mumu people like yourself.
Your stupidity is legendary! I don't need to see you physically before I conclude the kind of confused human being you will be with mundane or pedestrian argument which could be better passed to the mediocre. You haven't answered my question of modern governance ooo. Just be parading popular opinion abt lateness in forming cabinet as if u understand what u ar talking about. Illiterate who propagate what is in d public domain as if he has his own clear argument on d matter.
[/q

It's really sad that we cannot exchange ideas in a polite manner about how our country is govern.
Do you have to insult him because his opinion differs?
Now let's talk about the six hundred delegates(if its true)
Nigeria is a country in search of opportunity, investment, growth etc
often times, our leaders would arrange to visit countries for bilateral discussion on trade, investment, security and so on
In each of such trips the delegates maybe about 70 or less
Now, think about where there's a gathering of over a hundred nations, business men and women and endless investment opportunities.
With a time frame of about a week or so
Don't you think it's reasonable to prepare different groups of delegates(at least 5/persons) to engage other nations in discussions
considering the fact that time its of essence and cost saving too.
This media governance its getting out of hand, its time we make it real!
Bless you
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2015
tenry:

I know what Google says about it, I mean your own understanding of a modern governance. Stop begging the question, admit you don't know it... and if u do, pls tell us. I want u to demonstrate more stupidity here. Oya we are waiting... what is modern governance??
Just as you demonstrating your gross naivety and your crass imbelicility here. More sand to your elbow
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2015
Homguy:
you need just a speckle of COMMON SENSE, sadly its not only uncommon but also expensive.
We you start feeding yourself you can talk to me.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Forwetinnah: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Please when did he travel with 200 people?? On what trip please?? Provide the proof

Proof ko. .Roof nii. Complete waste of time. Even with the proof stamped on your forehead you'll still look for an excuse. The cow chaser can do no wrong according to you. Shiooor
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by mamurioke: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2015
omenka:
It hurts me no end whenever I imagine where we would have been by now as a nation had we made this right choice in 2011. Just imagine that....

Imagine we didn't vote that pathological thief that flooded Abuja with smaller but big thieves.

Imagine we didn't vote that fool whose only legacy is the deep ethnic and religious prejudice among the various ethnic and religious groups in the country.

Imagine we didn't vote someone who "underestimated" BH giving them room to thrive and turn into an almost unconquerable monster.

Imagine all that....

@Gbawe: please edit the date in the second line of the last paragraph. Thanks.

Stop assss licking dimwittt.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by KingTom(m): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2015
philips70:

One of the plagues Moses sent to Egypt but has been roaming and landed in Nigeria in 1999.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Barcanista and the Wailers can keep dreaming, it's allowed.
Never again boss never again!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tenry(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=Olukat post=38328773][/quote]
Please stay out of this. I don't want to engage in any discussion with you. Thank you sir
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tenry(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2015
jcmaiah:

Just as you demonstrating your gross naivety and your crass imbelicility here. More sand to your elbow
Wow crass imbecility! Nice one, but u haven't answered my question yet, u should hav spent time reading about modern governance instead of researching for big grammar just to proof you hav heard d word before, again, what is modern governance!!!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Khez: 11:04am On Sep 24, 2015
You mean to say September 29??,so his staying close to 5days in new York? embarassed isokayy,..... Buh what of Fashola nko Him nor follow? Isnot good o, I'm seriously lobbying for him o cry
Gbawe:
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/23/buhari-attending-un-general-assembly-22-man-delegation-nigeria%E2%80%99s-slimmest-decades

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2015
tenry:

Wow crass imbecility! Nice one, but u haven't answered my question yet, u should hav spent time reading about modern governance instead of researching for big grammar just to proof you hav heard d word before, again, what is modern governance!!!
bring that your broom and sweep my room. Make sure you lift that umbrella and sweep all corners well.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Olukat(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2015
tenry:

Please stay out of this. I don't want to engage in any discussion with you. Thank you sir

You are welcome.
Happy sallah
Have a great time
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by subitoit: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2015
and how much is to be paid to each delegate? until den, let the war rest.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Homguy(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2015
jcmaiah:

We you start feeding yourself you can talk to me.
lol, I work. I am a professional. Look at your excuse of a response. sad WAILER!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by sphinx54: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2015
GudluckIBB:
A man who is prepared to be a president (Buhari) is different from the man who became a president accidentally (Jonathan).

When he was a Deputy Governor, his Boss had issues and he became the Governor

........Then he became the vice president,His Boss died and he was sworn in as the president.

.......................Jonathan was Never prepapred!
Spot on!!! God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by warrior01: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
Gbawe:

What ass licking? Telling you factually that the new Government is saving Nigerian massive amounts of money is ass licking? Also, do you know it is the great damage GEJ has done that is responsible for virtually 99% of the hardship Nigeria faces today? The damage is so great that Buhari must take his time finding solutions and those who will help him devise and implement those solutions. "Act in haste, repent at leisure". Buhari should take his time to find permanent and effective solutions/reforms regardless of what those who never liked or voted for him say.

Gnawed, please face front. Nigel's are crying and you here talking trash
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
Homguy:
lol, I work. I am a professional. Look at your excuse of a response. sad WAILER!
Ranting is a profession these days, is that yours?
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
warrior01:

Gnawed, please face front. Nigel's are crying and you here talking trash

Who is responsible for Nigerians "crying" if not the President your sort worshipped clannishly and ethnocentrically? A bit like shouting at the doctor trying to treat the rape victim while you supported the rapist to commit the crime in the first place. GEJ and the PDP are responsible for 99.9% of the problems Buhari and the APC are trying to deliver solutions for. A God-fearing and honest person will admit that instead of trying to blame Buhari for problems the looting, mindless corruption and total ineptitude of GEJ and the PDP caused.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tammie24: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
talktimi:
So should I start scratching my bálls or what ? Boko haram has killed hundreds of people this week, Nigeria has lost 410 billion naira so far in the capital market and 73,000 people have lost their jobs in the construction sector alone in 3 months, our currency is in a catastrophic nosedive, Fulani herdsmen are conducing a free unstoppable genocide in the north central and crime wave is on the increase yet a dimwit wants us to celebrate slim entourage as dividend of democracy. You people should keep clowning around in your delusions grin

Yes I am a WAILING WAILER
thank you ooo
Always comparing him with Jonathan
Jonathan is no longer the president. They should get to work and stop useless comparisons
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
tammie24:
thank you ooo
Always comparing him with Jonathan
Jonathan is no longer the president. They should get to work and stop useless comparisons

This is how one can tell a GEJ and PDP fan. No one is 'comparing' to GEJ . It only seems that way to you because you simply want us to forget the great damage GEJ and the PDP has done so all attention moves away from GEJ, who would be executed in China, and on to Buhari who has to turn around a level of mess 99% of world leaders would not have to face.

Articles like this are factual representations of how badly Nigeria was run in the past and how things are now being done differently to repair the damage done. The obvious purpose of these revelations is to make Nigerians appreciate what destroyed Nigeria and what is now being done to turn things around. It is those of you who back GEJ and the PDP blindly who get irritable when their mischief, looting and misrule is highlighted.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tammie24: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
Gbawe:

This is how one can tell a GEJ and PDP fan. No one is 'comparing' to GEJ . It only seems that way to you because you simply want us to forget the great damage GEJ and the PDP has done so all attention moves away from GEJ, who would be executed in China, and on to Buhari who has to turn around a level of mess 99% of world leaders would not have to face.

Articles like this are factual representations of how badly Nigeria was run in the past and how things are now being done differently to repair the damage done. The obvious purpose of these revelations is to make Nigerians appreciate what destroyed Nigeria and what is now being done to turn things around. It is those of you who back GEJ and the PDP blindly who get irritable when their mischief, looting and misrule is highlighted.
What damage has GEJ done to Nigeria?
All you have is propaganda, that is how APC got onto power unfortunately that doesn't work when it's time to deliver

Bye the way those that killed this country are the ones that are back in power!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
tammie24:

What damage has GEJ done to Nigeria?
All you have is propaganda, that is how APC got onto power unfortunately that doesn't work when it's time to deliver

Bye the way those that killed this country are the ones that are back in power!

Are you serious? Let me give you 5 important examples. (1) What did GEJ and the PDP do, over 16 years, to make the Nigerian economy robust by moving it away from a dependence on oil? Absolutely nada. Jonathan and the PDP, despite 16 years in power, only paid lip service to this concept

(2) What did GEJ and the PDP do to develop the SME (small to medium enterprise) over the 16 years the PDP has cumulatively been in power considering how important the SME sector is to economic growth, government earnings via income tax, middle class strength, employment et al?

(3) What rainy day savings and buffers did GEJ did GEJ set aside when he controlled an economy where oil sold at over $100.00 per barrel for almost the five years he was in power? Now that oil is circa $44.00 per barrel, the income shortfall is very serious and capable of crippling government activities and recurrent/capital spending. Any recession arising from this is directly GEJ's fault because we all know that "those who fail to plan are planning to fail".

(4) Why did GEJ embrace the sort of brazen and unconscionable corruption that has now bankrupted Nigeria?

(5) What of the institutional decay GEJ supervised which means that the likes of the Army, DSS, NPF et al are morbid jokes with how they are now glorified and partisan arms of the PDP? You want me to go on? i don't know why some of you support others blindly like this even when their misconduct is crystal clear and factually easy to prove. GEJ effed-up seriously, because he was placed far above his station. Let us at least minimally admit this reality, if nothing else, and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Damsman10(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
tenry:

To say you are clueless is an understatement, you have no knowledge of what we are talking about here. I guess u just came across the word 'modern governance' and u decided to impress mumu people like yourself.
Your stupidity is legendary! I don't need to see you physically before I conclude the kind of confused human being you will be with mundane or pedestrian argument which could be better passed to the mediocre. Just be parading popular opinion abt lateness in forming cabinet as if u understand what u ar talking about. Illiterate who propagate what is in d public domain as if he has his own clear argument on d matter.

only 1 person??yeepa cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
ModiKen:

Were u deaf when he said he would name his ministers in September that he should be held accountable if september passes and he hasn't done that.

Ur childish brainlessness makes me feel like throwing up.

Does it show signs of preparedness?
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
gambit10:

what can a minister do that a perm sec can't??....wailer oshi, he hasn't appointed any minister for months now and the Ministries are functioning..... what is that special thing that a 'stupid' political minister will bring to the table sef....tell me ode

Olodo. What's the question about Finance minister to Buhari in France? You must be dullard to ask what ministers can do when per. secs are there. Do you know the difference between a Minister and Per. Sec.?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sahara Reporters Confirm That Election Was Boycotted In Anambra(photo) / FG Is Gathering Video Evidence To Nail Sunday Igboho At Trial In Benin Republic / Pastors Fight Peter Obi Because He'll Solve Problems Bringing People To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.