Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Threatening Children With Hell.. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Threatening Children With Hell.. (7568 Views)

I Hate Being Threatened With Hell / Let's Stop Joking With Hell Fire!!! - By Sunday Akanni Moshood / Why Threatening Children With Hell Fire Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Krystalzkris(f): 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
dalaman:

Nigeria is a perfect example of how belief in God has nothing to do with morality. Over 98% of Nigerians believe in God but see how morally rotten and bankrupt the country is.
exactly what am saying,being moral is not based on belief in a god. And someone is telling me I need the grace of a god to be good.. Was god being moral when he had to use someone else's fiancee to produce his own son?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Amadioha 12: 3

Him Amadioha wrapped up the calabash of knowledge and hid it from many that they will search and will not find

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
Krystalzkris:
am sorry dude... I was a very dedicated christian,but i was too smart to be fooled for too long..
you were once a dedicated christian but you later became smart? wow that means there is hope. Come i have a message for you. A message of goodnews. A message of liberation, a message of freedom, a message of deliverance. Pls and pls the only thing needed from you is humility to hear me out. Pls and pls God loves you and has very bright plans for you.
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Krystalzkris(f): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
you were once a dedicated christian but you later became smart? wow that means there is hope. Come i have a message for you. A message of goodnews. A message of liberation, a message of freedom, a message of deliverance. Pls and pls the only thing needed from you is humility to hear me out. Pls and pls God loves you and has very bright plans for you.
gerrahia mehn.... Am allergic to all your bullshit... Your just one african who has lost his heritage to a deliberately concoted white man tale...

3 Likes

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
Krystalzkris:
a deliberately concoted white man tale...
and if Jesus is a concocted white man's tale then i later found out that it was fabricated and it was imaginary then SO BE IT am ready. I made a decision to follow Him after i was so touched by such a great love. I have given my all. Only pleading for His mercy to let me serve Him more than i am now. So be it a white man's fable, am ready. I know one day Jesus will wipe my tears and will never allow me to see shame and i shall rest on this hope as long as i live till my soul lives my body and i Know i will behold Him.
Even though you dont join me, nor my friends nor my family i shall gladly bear His reproach. Only God will help me with this pledge. Amen. Goodbye sister i pray you find Him before youre breath expires on earth. Thats my earnest prayers for you and your colleagues.
**UNFOLLOWS THREAD**

1 Like

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by kolajamesjnr(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
and if Jesus is a concocted white man's tale then i later found out that it was fabricated and it was imaginary then SO BE IT am ready. I made a decision to follow Him after i was so touched by such a great love. I have given my all. Only pleading for His mercy to let me serve Him more than i am now. So be it a white man's fable, am ready. I know one day Jesus will wipe my tears and will never allow me to see shame and i shall rest on this hope as long as i live till my soul lives my body and i Know i will behold Him.
Even though you dont join me, nor my friends nor my family i shall gladly bear His reproach. Only God will help me with this pledge. Amen. Goodbye sister i pray you find Him before youre breath expires on earth. Thats my earnest prayers for you and your colleagues.
**UNFOLLOWS THREAD**
Dis dude is suffering from schizophrenia cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Vick4rill(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

I think this is so because humans have always been taught there is need for a catch to coerce the mind to conformity, this shouldn't be so.

Man prizes himself an intelligent being, this being should not be threatened into conformity but rather this intelligence should be utilized in a basic sense of societal decency.

I have only the problem when young children are being coerced by this scheme of instilling the fear of a vengeful deity who is going to burn them.

This young ones still do not know the difference between myth from truth, when you do this you instill this psychological fear into the young minds and this i find to be abusive, disturbing and wicked.

If a mind grows independently free of absurd indoctrinations and you introduce the adult to these ideas and they subscribe to.

Then we would understand that they were in control of their decisions and not simply indoctrinating a little child into these ideas when they cannot even make decisions or question anything you teach them...
[/b]
first of all i want u to know that hell or heaven is not a myth.. The issue of hell sound cruel to u because u dont understand how cruel ur actions nd sins have been to God imagine all the effort God use in creating this world with the intention of making it pure and holy nd yet u keep difileing it. He warn u against hell severally and ve try to make u change and yet u remain sturbborn rather u re complaining of hw cruel he is.. Y dont u ask the law to take away dead sentence cause that also is cruel. U dont teach God how to govern the world he created .remember that God did not claim to be all loving alone. He also talks abt his anger and punishment to sinners. Wat bother me with Antheist is that they take evry instruction and poo that their boss give in office. Simply becos they believe he ve the right to do so. But they comes out to dictate what God should do in his own worldsad .. U people re lucky God doesnt ve the kind of my heart am sure we would have none who is incharge by nwsad u luk around this world and stupidly believe that it exist on its own? Antheist are not wise at allsad
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
Vick4rill:
first of all i want u to know that hell or heaven is not a myth.. The issue of hell sound cruel to u because u dont understand how cruel ur actions nd sins have been to God imagine all the effort God use in creating this world with the intention of making it pure and holy nd yet u keep difileing it. He warn u against hell severally and ve try to make u change and yet u remain sturbborn rather u re complaining of hw cruel he is.. Y dont u ask the law to take away dead sentence cause that also is cruel. U dont teach God how to govern the world he created .remember that God did not claim to be all loving alone. He also talks abt his anger and punishment to sinners. Wat bother me with Antheist is that they take evry instruction and poo that their boss give in office. Simply becos they believe he ve the right to do so. But they comes out to dictate what God should do in his own worldsad .. U people re lucky God doesnt ve the kind of my heart am sure we would have none who is incharge by nwsad u luk around this world and stupidly believe that it exist on its own? Antheist are not wise at allsad
don't give me that rubbish.

If he really intended to keep it that way, he would have imprisoned Satan, instead of letting him loose on this world.
Are you guys not the one that blame Satan for every evil you commit? Then why can't God just cancel Satan out of the equation, instead of allowing him to run free and then blame us for his actions? undecided or is he afraid of the guy?
Why take it out on us?

If God really existed and cared about us, and was a good God, the devil wouldn't be running around right now.

About the boss issue. Well, we know the boss is real. But we can't verify that God is real or not. If that doesn't suck, I don't know what does.

2 Likes

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Krystalzkris(f): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
Vick4rill:
lol... This is just too funny... Johnnydon22,i think dis guy is very vexed.. Please take it easy on his god... Oga poster,ah don beg am for u,oya stop complaining....lolz.grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by RobinHez(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Teempakguy:

If he really intended to keep it that way, he would have imprisoned Satan, instead of letting him loose on this world.
Are you guys not the one that blame Satan for every evil you commit? Then why can't God just cancel Satan out of the equation, instead of allowing him to run free and then blame us for his actions? undecided or is he afraid of the guy?
Why take it out on us?

If God really existed and cared about us, and was a good God, the devil wouldn't be running around right now.

About the boss issue. Well, we know the boss is real. But we can't verify that God is real or not. If that doesn't suck, I don't know what does.

cry
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by RobinHez(m): 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
I thought there is enough historical proof that a certain Jesus of Nazareth walked on the earth? undecided

I don't know how hard it is to believe there is a God! sad
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Slimzjoe(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
Teempakguy:

Why take it out on us?

*Cough*

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by johnydon22(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
RobinHez:
I thought there is enough historical proof that a certain Jesus of Nazareth walked on the earth? undecided
There is also enough archeological evidence that a Certain Achilles Son of Pileus walked this earth, but like every other antiquity of Old there is always a myth within the tale.

When you tell me Achilles mother was a Goddess (Nymph) or Achilles skin was impossible to pierce. .

Or the Jesus was birthed by a God and a human mother, could feed 5,000 people with 5loaves and 12basket remained. . That is simply the myth within the story.

That there is a historical Muhammed doesn't verify his claim of Allah...

[b]For one with "Faith" it is not hard because "Faith" in essence simply entails a stoic conviction on the subject whether it is true or not.

So for someone with "Faith" there is no longer room for enquiry, that curiosity has been killed and emotions in conviction are held strongly as a basis for deduction, that to me is a blatant intellectual dishonesty.

For one without "Faith" believing a postulation depends on the substantiation of that particular postulation and so that mind is open to new and verifiable knowledge, for someone without "Faith" there is a great room for enquiry and going by this it is impossible for someone who lacks "Faith" (believing whether it is true or not) to believe everything just because someone said it.

If you honestly think it is right to believe something by "FAITH" and not evidence then evidently enough your mind is vulnerable to every kind of dogma, coercion, whim or mostly dangerous infectious ideas around like the threatening of children with fire.

If you really think it is ok to base your belief on what an ancient book says or what someone taught you that you must believe then surely enough one can honestly see there is no freedom of thought, you will be trapped by your own "Faith" into inconsistency and untruths because you will be unable to throw out these false ideas when evidence against it comes along..
[/b]

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:

That is it. you or i cannot change the way the world works, we can only change the world around us.

Like you cannot sweep the whole of the market when it is dirty but you can do your own part by sweeping the front of your shop, in that little way you contribute to the sweeping of the market.
Roger that cool
johnydon22:

That is it. you or i cannot change the way the world works, we can only change the world around us.

Like you cannot sweep the whole of the market when it is dirty but you can do your own part by sweeping the front of your shop, in that little way you contribute to the sweeping of the market.
Roger that

1 Like

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
RobinHez:

cry
cheesy cheesy

Bros, don't worry jare. I've got everything under control. It was his comment that annoyed me.
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
RobinHez:

I've been waiting for you to ask this question. So I can show you. As logically as possible, how incredibly difficult it is for any rational mind to believe in the existence of God.

look below.

This is the expanded pascal's wager. Telling you what exactly is going to happen to you if you serve the wrong God.

[img]http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-526f1e8ca1a85c5288dfab89fdf78e41?convert_to_webp=true[/img]

Now, all these Gods have equal evidence to substantiate their authencity. Miracles, messengers, creation stories, and other myth. We see that both Allah, God, Sango, Zeus, and a host of others, have all been said to perform miracles, speak to humans, and be involved in the overseeing of other gods. If we held a test to test their "originality" they would score the same.

So . . . which one is the real one?

Is it God, allah . . . who . . . okay, let's assume it's Allah.

Well, that means that 45% of Nigeria, the whole of Rome, the majority of Asia, every human before the 5th century, and YOU, are going to go to hell.

But then, you say Allah is fake, that he's a fabrication. So, prove it then.

You can't. Any evidence you bring up will immediately countered by any devout Muslim. So, we're back to square one.

So, let's assume God(Christian version) is the real one. Oh well. The whole of Saudi Arabia, 55% or more of Nigeria, the majority of asia, and everyone before 30AD will also go to hell.

Of course, any Muslim will quickly prove that this God is fake. Essentially saving the life/eternity of every Muslim and putting the lives/eternity of every other person in danger.

So, each time you prove that your God is truth, you are also saying that billions of people are going to burn in hell forever. Because they didn't believe in your God.

Whereas, all of your proof, comes from the bible. AND THAT, is a very big problem.

I can prove that Hades exists by quoting the Iliad. I can prove that Anubis exists by quoting ancient Egyptian writing.

Consider this, the story behind the sallah celebration is that of Abraham trying sacrifice his son on God's order . . . his son, ishmael . . . according to Quran, I believe, but the bible claims this was instead Isaac . . . so, which do we believe?

The Bible is a singular source. It's authenticity must be verified with outside evidence, whatever you see in your physics textbooks, or your chemistry ones, need not be proved by quoting the textbooks, but by conducting the required experiment.

Why can't we conduct an experiment to prove what is in the bible? Should we just believe the creation story? Who was there when God said, let there be light? So, how did it get in the bible? Meanwhile, I prefer the creation story from Greek mythology.

Anyone can write a book. How do we prove the book is right? We need something outside the book to prove it. So . . . where is our proof?

There are only two solutions to the above convoluted dilemma.

1. A proof is provided.
2. God does not exist and religion is a manmade creation.

2. Is the most likely, the majority of evidence point towards this. God is a gap used by ancient civilizations to explain away things they could not observe, in order to prevent death by curiosity.
Note that the bible makes no mentions of the Chinese culture and the west African/south African cultures. It behaves as if only the land around the Mediterranean was what God created.

I will stop here. You are free to give me evidence. Proof that makes God(Christian version) the true and only one. And I will frigging believe. Otherwise, I might just start considering Islam . . .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by malvisguy212: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2015
Teempakguy:

I've been waiting for you to ask this question. So I can show you. As logically as possible, how incredibly difficult it is for any rational mind to believe in the existence of God.

look below.

This is the expanded pascal's wager. Telling you what exactly is going to happen to you if you serve the wrong God.

[img]http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-526f1e8ca1a85c5288dfab89fdf78e41?convert_to_webp=true[/img]

Now, all these Gods have equal evidence to substantiate their authencity. Miracles, messengers, creation stories, and other myth. We see that both Allah, God, Sango, Zeus, and a host of others, have all been said to perform miracles, speak to humans, and be involved in the overseeing of other gods. If we held a test to test their "originality" they would score the same.

So . . . which one is the real one?

Is it God, allah . . . who . . . okay, let's assume it's Allah.

Well, that means that 45% of Nigeria, the whole of Rome, the majority of Asia, every human before the 5th century, and YOU, are going to go to hell.

But then, you say Allah is fake, that he's a fabrication. So, prove it then.

You can't. Any evidence you bring up will immediately countered by any devout Muslim. So, we're back to square one.

So, let's assume God(Christian version) is the real one. Oh well. The whole of Saudi Arabia, 55% or more of Nigeria, the majority of asia, and everyone before 30AD will also go to hell.

Of course, any Muslim will quickly prove that this God is fake. Essentially saving the life/eternity of every Muslim and putting the lives/eternity of every other person in danger.

So, each time you prove that your God is truth, you are also saying that billions of people are going to burn in hell forever. Because they didn't believe in your God.

Whereas, all of your proof, comes from the bible. AND THAT, is a very big problem.

I can prove that Hades exists by quoting the Iliad. I can prove that Anubis exists by quoting ancient Egyptian writing.

Consider this, the story behind the sallah celebration is that of Abraham trying sacrifice his son on God's order . . . his son, ishmael . . . according to Quran, I believe, but the bible claims this was instead Isaac . . . so, which do we believe?

The Bible is a singular source. It's authenticity must be verified with outside evidence, whatever you see in your physics textbooks, or your chemistry ones, need not be proved by quoting the textbooks, but by conducting the required experiment.

Why can't we conduct an experiment to prove what is in the bible? Should we just believe the creation story? Who was there when God said, let there be light? So, how did it get in the bible? Meanwhile, I prefer the creation story from Greek mythology.

Anyone can write a book. How do we prove the book is right? We need something outside the book to prove it. So . . . where is our proof?

There are only two solutions to the above convoluted dilemma.

1. A proof is provided.
2. God does not exist and religion is a manmade creation.

2. Is the most likely, the majority of evidence point towards this. God is a gap used by ancient civilizations to explain away things they could not observe, in order to prevent death by curiosity.
Note that the bible makes no mentions of the Chinese culture and the west African/south African cultures. It behaves as if only the land around the Mediterranean was what God created.

I will stop here. You are free to give me evidence. Proof that makes God(Christian version) the true and only one. And I will frigging believe. Otherwise, I might just start considering Islam . . .
Agnostics often fall into two camps -those who believe that all religions can lead to God or those who believe that true religion cannot
be discerned. This page examines both
positions in an attempt to determine where the truth may lie. Logically, there are several possibilities. Atheists would say that no religion leads to God, since He doesn't exist. It is possible that one,
several or all religions lead to God.
ALL WAYS LEAD TO GOD:
There are hundreds of religions in the
world today, and many ancient religions that are no longer practiced. It is possible, and perhaps likely, that all religions contain some truth and/or good moral advice. However, in examining religious teaching, it is important to examine the fundamental beliefs of each religion and compare those to each other. When this is done, it is apparent that primary religious teachings contradict each other.Judaism says that the Messiah is coming,
Christianity says that He has come, and
Islam says that Mohammad provided all the information necessary for religious life. Obviously,these truth claims cannot be simultaneously true, since they
contradict each other. Logically, we must reject the idea that all religions lead to God.
TRUE RELIGEON:IS IT POSSIBLE TO
DISCERN?
I believe that there are some things that
we can discern about God from the nature of the universe. The universe demonstrates some remarkable evidence of design. What kind of God designed all this, and how can we know His true identity? Most people who believe God exists would agree with the argument that the God who designed the universe must be a personal God. For God to put so much time and care
into the design of the universe and life, it would seem logical to conclude that God really cared about His creation, and was personally involved in it's creation. A God who did not care about his creation would never be expected to spend 14 billion years of development
just so that humans would have a nice
place to live for a few thousand years. Therefore, it would seem likely that the true God must be a personal God, and not the God of deism, pantheism, Buddhism, etc. So, it would seem that these religions probably do not represent the true nature of God.
ELIMINATE THE ILLOGICAL:
The powerful and personal Creator God
of the universe would probably want to reveal Himself to His spiritual creatures. So, it seems likely that God would have revealed His true nature to one or more of the peoples of the earth. Are all the
revelations of the world religions a
reflection of God or just certain one(s)?
This is the difficult question that cannot be answered in merely one short page. However, I believe one can come up with a best answer through much study and through the process of elimination. For example,some religions make truth claims that are obviously false. The LDS church (Mormons) claims that gods are created through procreation and that creatures created by those gods can eventually become gods themselves. However, this religion suffers from the problem of how the first god came into existence. Logic would dictate that God is eternal and uncreated. All religions that claim otherwise would seem to be logically flawed.
BASIC RELIGEON CLAIM:
Since many religious claims contradict
one another, it would seem that not all religions could be simultaneously true. How can we tell which religion(s) are true? If you examine the world religions, most describe ethical and moral laws that are ascribed to God. Breaking of those laws is an offense to God. How do different religions handle that problem?
Many religions say that if one tries to
obey God's laws most of the time, God
will accept you. However, I believe that
we can eliminate that idea as being true of the Creator God of the universe. God designed physical laws of the universe. These laws are constant and unbreakable. God Himself, seems to
break those physical laws only rarely. I propose that this God would not accept the breaking of His moral laws so easily. In fact, from the nature of the physical laws, it would seem that God would not accept the breaking of His moral laws
at all. Nearly all religions claim that God
will ignore our breaking of His moral laws as long as we try our best. This is where Christianity differs from all other world religions.
Christianity says that our good works
cannot erase our bad moral choices. Think of it in terms of our legal systems. We are convicted of crimes on the basis of breaking the law. If we break a law, we are found guilty under the law. It doesn't matter what good things we have done in our lives, if we break the law. We might get a lesser sentence, but we will still be convicted of a crime.
So, God cannot simply ignore our crimes
against Him. We will be found guilty, despite our good works.Christianity says that our bad deeds(sins) must be eliminated in order to be acceptable to God. The elimination of sins was accomplished by the sacrifice of the Savior (Jesus Christ). Jesus Christ is God
Himself, who came to earth,led a sinless
life, and died on the cross as a sacrifice
to take the sins of mankind. So, God Himself provided a means of eliminating our sins against Him. However, the elimination of sins is not automatic. Since God will allow people into His presence after death, they must agree to His terms. This contract is executed through faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ to eliminate our sins. By
accepting God's terms, our sins are erased and we can stand in the presence of God without any sin. Only
our good deeds will be counted for our
judgment. Those who don't accept God's terms will be judged on the basis of God's laws - and will be found guilty.
CHRISTIANITY IS DIFFERENT :
No other religion provides a provision for God's forgiveness of sin, which is why I believe Christianity to be the only true way to God. Jesus said He is the only way to God and that all people
must follow Him to enter heaven. All
other religions are man's attempt to
become acceptable to God. Only
Christianity says that God alone provides the only means to be acceptable to Him. So,either Christianity is true and all other religions are false or Christianity is false and God does not
hold people accountable for law breaking. Personally, I would not want to rely upon God ignoring His own rules. It doesn't seem to be logical reasoning. This is the choice you must make.
CONCLUSION:
So, I encourage you to examine the world religions to see if what I am
saying is true. Don't give up on the ability to separate the truth claims
of the world's religions. If Christianity is
true, you must make a choice or you will be judged on the basis of your sins against God. Let me know if you have any questions
https://www.nairaland.com/1999485/all-religions-lead-god-one
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by malvisguy212: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
Teempakguy:

Why take it out on us?

does God want world peace ?as surprising as it may seem, world peace is not part of the will of God. In fact, Jesus said that His coming would cause division instead of peace:
Luke 12:51-53
"Do you suppose that I came to grant
peace on earth? I tell you, no, but
rather division; for from now on five
members in one household will be
divided, three against two, and two
against three. They will be divided,
father against son, and son against
father; mother against daughter, and
daughter against mother; mother-in-
law against daughter- in-law, and
daughter-in-law against mother-in-
law."

God's main goal in creating the universe
in which we live was not to make a
perfect place for people to live in. God's
objective was to create a temporary
universe in which free will spiritual
beings could make spiritual choices.
God's plan for the universe is to allow a
large number of these spiritual beings
(both angels and humans) to choose to
spend eternity with Him. At the appointed time, God will call an end to
the present universe and judge those
who reject His invitation. That is the
reason that we are here. We are to
choose to love or oppose God. As Jesus
said above, at least half of the people
will choose to oppose God and to oppose the people who follow Him. Spiritual choice causes division , someone may not like the choice you make ,hence the division.
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
does God want world peace ?as surprising as it may seem, world peace is not part of the will of God. In fact, Jesus said that His coming would cause division instead of peace:
Luke 12:51-53
"Do you suppose that I came to grant
peace on earth? I tell you, no, but
rather division; for from now on five
members in one household will be
divided, three against two, and two
against three. They will be divided,
father against son, and son against
father; mother against daughter, and
daughter against mother; mother-in-
law against daughter- in-law, and
daughter-in-law against mother-in-
law."

God's main goal in creating the universe
in which we live was not to make a
perfect place for people to live in. God's
objective was to create a temporary
universe in which free will spiritual
beings could make spiritual choices.
God's plan for the universe is to allow a
large number of these spiritual beings
(both angels and humans) to choose to
spend eternity with Him. At the appointed time, God will call an end to
the present universe and judge those
who reject His invitation. That is the
reason that we are here. We are to
choose to love or oppose God. As Jesus
said above, at least half of the people
will choose to oppose God and to oppose the people who follow Him. Spiritual choice causes division , someone may not like the choice you make ,hence the division.
so . . . do you then agree with me that God does not love us? But instead is in league with the devil to conduct an experiment on the behavior of sentient species?

Do you also agree with me that God is then not omniscient? Because if he was, he wouldn't need to conduct an elaborate experiment to find out what will happen.

Do you also agree that the events which occurred in eden were also orchestrated by God to kick start this whole mega test?

Do you also agree that God is loosing? If you observe, contrary to your post, only a very tiny fraction of the human populace is going to heaven. Why is God allowing that to happen? Seriously, only a tiny evidence is needed to turn the whole of humanity to his side. Why is he standing there, doing nothing?

Do you also agree that god is being rather unfair? Providing proof to the ancients, and now, nothing? Does he want the lot of us to go to hell?

I need five yeses or all you said above is. . . . kind of pointless . . .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by RobinHez(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
Just one comment ... See all the sermon I received?! undecided
#smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by johnydon22(m): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
RobinHez:
Just one comment ... See all the sermon I received?! undecided

#smh
Hahahahaha you are funny bro. . . we need a new thread on sci sec sef
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:
abi?

Seriously, we really should drop something oh . . . we're kind of falling back into the Nigerian curse. "He who starts a good thing will never continue."
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by johnydon22(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
Teempakguy:
abi?

Seriously, we really should drop something oh . . . we're kind of falling back into the Nigerian curse. "He who starts a good thing will never continue."

Yea i will have to pull out another astronomical thread while you can start off another discussion thread, we need to commune and dine as usual...
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by malvisguy212: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Teempakguy:
so . . . do you then agree with me that God does not love us? But instead is in league with the devil to conduct an experiment on the behavior of sentient species?

Do you also agree with me that God is then not omniscient? Because if he was, he wouldn't need to conduct an elaborate experiment to find out what will happen.

Do you also agree that the events which occurred in eden were also orchestrated by God to kick start this whole mega test?

Do you also agree that God is loosing? If you observe, contrary to your post, only a very tiny fraction of the human populace is going to heaven. Why is God allowing that to happen? Seriously, only a tiny evidence is needed to turn the whole of humanity to his side. Why is he standing there, doing nothing?

Do you also agree that god is being rather unfair? Providing proof to the ancients, and now, nothing? Does he want the lot of us to go to hell?

I need five yeses or all you said above is. . . . kind of pointless . . .
the bible say He first love us before we love Him that why He send his son to reconciled us to Himself. God does not conduct an experiment on sentient creatures, His main Goal was for man to worship Him and Love one another, God want you to do all this with your own WILL , so He must Allow evil to exist for us to have a choice to accept God or reject Him.

In the garden of Eden , God created ALL things and call it Good ,Since everything else God planted in the garden was good, the natural choice of something to choose from would be knowledge of evil. And man chose evil.

God is not loosing it , are you not a former christian ? Dint you read in the bible that majority will chose to oppose God ? Our Lord say "broad is the way that Leed to death, many will go in there and narrow is the way that Leed to life, few will go in there" we see this happening today, seems like Jesus already knows , people will reject him.

Uptil today, there are miracle going on , are you an atheist ? Do you really believe supernatural power do not exist ? Believe me brother, I have encounter Jesus two times in my life . Before I am very rebellious , I grow up in the ghetto, what I've done in my life, I do not believe God will forgive me , but today He did and He revealed Himself to me, do not believe in All this atheists here , they will manipulate you with everything they've got, it is the devil that is controlling them. Do you want to renounced your atheism and chose God ? The bible say in Deuteronomy 30:19 and I read :

This day I call the heavens and the earth
as witnesses against you that I have set
before you life and death, blessings and
curses. NOW CHOOSE LIFE, so that you and
your children may live
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible say He first love us before we love Him that why He send his son to reconciled us to Himself. God does not conduct an experiment on sentient creatures, His main Goal was for man to worship Him and Love one another, God want you to do all this with your own WILL , so He must Allow evil to exist for us to have a choice to accept God or reject Him.

In the garden of Eden , God created ALL things and call it Good ,Since everything else God planted in the garden was good, the natural choice of something to choose from would be knowledge of evil. And man chose evil.

God is not loosing it , are you not a former christian ? Dint you read in the bible that majority will chose to oppose God ? Our Lord say "broad is the way that Leed to death, many will go in there and narrow is the way that Leed to life, few will go in there" we see this happening today, seems like Jesus already knows , people will reject him.

Uptil today, there are miracle going on , are you an atheist ? Do you really believe supernatural power do not exist ? Believe me brother, I have encounter Jesus two times in my life . Before I am very rebellious , I grow up in the ghetto, what I've done in my life, I do not believe God will forgive me , but today He did and He revealed Himself to me, do not believe in All this atheists here , they will manipulate you with everything they've got, it is the devil that is controlling them. Do you want to renounced your atheism and chose God ? The bible say in Deuteronomy 30:19 and I read :

This day I call the heavens and the earth
as witnesses against you that I have set
before you life and death, blessings and
curses. NOW CHOOSE LIFE, so that you and
your children may live
Lolz . . . OK. I have heard. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by RobinHez(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Right now...making money is all that is in my head!
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by mmsen: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
He's right. . . .

Most of the good we do does not stem from religion, button a natural sense of morality.

Doubt me?

Google Buddhist monks. Who are also the most peaceful group of people I've ever discovered. According to Christianity, they're going to burn in hell.

Doesn't change the fact that they're better than most pastors . . . .

Buddhist monks revert to and encourage violence when it suits them.

They are also prone to avarice in a manner reminiscent of the prosperity preachers and the upper hierarchy of the Catholic church.
Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by johnydon22(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
mmsen:

Buddhist monks revert to and encourage violence when it suits them.

They are also prone to avarice in a manner reminiscent of the prosperity preachers and the upper hierarchy of the Catholic church.

This is correct, and this shows that Emotionally, mentally and physically we are all the same.

We each have the potential for great good or evil or to be overcome by disturbing emotions such as hate, anger, greed, jealousy and discrimination.

But if we cultivate loving kindness and compassion towards each other, we would learn to treat one another better and there will be no room for hate, anger or jealousy..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by mmsen: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
johnydon22:

This is correct, and this shows that Emotionally, mentally and physically we are all the same.

We each have the potential for great good or evil or to be overcome by disturbing emotions such as hate, anger, greed, jealousy and discrimination.

But if we cultivate loving kindness and compassion towards each other, we would learn to treat one another better and there will be no room for hate, anger or jealousy..

You're talking about universal humanist ideals which I subscribe to and not the petty divisions that religions encourage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by TrajansKong: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
**UNFOLLOWS THREAD**

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by TrajansKong: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Vick4rill:
Surely, His hatred and vengeance are infinite. They shall all burn. Rejoice ye, Christians. Praise Him! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

Re: Threatening Children With Hell.. by hahn(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2015
Krystalzkris:
exactly what am saying,being moral is not based on belief in a god. And someone is telling me I need the grace of a god to be good.. Was god being moral when he had to use someone else's fiancee to produce his own son?

I read this comment and it suddenly hit me. God cheated and fornicated with Mary! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Were To Die Today, Will You Make Heaven? / Jesus VS Mohammad: How Both Men Treated Women *UPDATED* / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.