Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Slut Walk For Women's Right - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Slut Walk For Women's Right (21584 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / Re:slut Walk For Women's Right In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slut Walk For Women's Right by Shymm3x: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-l6fDunZErCw/VbXwejcgnPI/AAAAAAAGBrE/8lDQXURr154/s400/6.png[/img]

slut
A word that exploded into a new but disturbing context after a Toronto police officer told a crowd of college women that if they wanted to avoid sexual assault, they shouldn’t dress like sluts.

This sparked a worldwide campaign that outraged men and women across the country. We join the movement on this cause against sexual injustice, victim blaming, derogatory labeling and gender inequality.

- NO MORE SEXUAL VIOLENCE

- NO MORE VICTIM BLAMING

- NO MORE DEROGATORY LABELS

- NO MORE GENDER INEQUALITY

The Amber Rose Slut Walk
is here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Shymm3x: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2015
Power to sluts women - Kanwuliajara, you need to join this movement and this thread is to raise awareness for all women to claim what they are and become full time sluts.

I like this movement - power to the people!
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Tallesty1(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Only crazy folks take don't be silly as an insult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nigga44: 10:45am On Sep 24, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by KanwuliaJara: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:
Power to sluts women - Kanwuliajara, you need to join this movement and this thread is to raise awareness for all women to claim what they are and become full time sluts.

I like this movement - power to the people!

Sorry!
I don't do group activities!
I am a "solo slut"! cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Shymm3x: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Sorry!
I don't do group activities!
I am "solo slut"! cool

Lol. There is power in group activities - so it is only right that you join them.

Ever wondered why group work is part of the academic syllabus?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by lilmax(m): 11:29am On Sep 24, 2015
Who knows the fate of america in the next 8yrs?

4 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by KanwuliaJara: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. There is power in group activities - so it is only right that you join them.

Ever wondered why group work is part of the academic syllabus?

School work is necessary, not ashawo work! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Truckpusher(m): 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
lilmax:
She would have gone bananas, while we would be playing catch-up with the negative and the positive aspect of hers.

Mark my words , everyone is moving towards that one direction ,a generational shift that would usher in a new era where morality and chastity would be frowned at and every bile and abominable thing celebrated.

Welcome to the end of days as predicted by the prophets of the ancient of days.

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
lilmax:
The feminine would want a right to no more cloths day since there is braless walk day already...
And it would be granted undecided
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
As usual they refuse to get the message.

Stop victim blaming.
Stop slut shaming.

Nigeria needs this walk. Walahi.

So all these yeye "what were you wearing when he raped you" questions will die down. As if the victims of sexual offenses are usually dressed half unclad before they are attacked.
Nigeria is a good example why the slut walk is necessary. Because blaming the victim about their appearance during an attack leads to nothing but ignoring the real issue. Which is that sexual offenses on the most part happen to people who weren't indecently exposed at the moment it happened.

From what we can see, how you dress doesn't prevent you from being attacked. we are tired of people passing blame onto that instead of focusing on how to train young boys right.

Why didn't the guy say something about the victims who have been attacked when decently dressed and infants/ kids too who are attacked all the time?

As usual. He wants to perpetuate the tradition of victim blaming. Like many of y'all do.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by coogar: 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
cococandy:
As usual they refuse to get the message.

Stop victim blaming.
Stop slut shaming.

Nigeria needs this walk. Walahi.

So all these yeye "what were you wearing when he raped" questions will die down. As if the victims of sexual offenses are usually dresses half unclad before they are attacked.
Nigeria is a good example why the slut walk is necessary. Because blaming the victim about their appearance during an attack leads to nothing but ignoring the real issue. Which is that sexual offenses on the most part happen to people who weren't indecently exposed at the moment it happened.

From what we can see, how you dress doesn't prevent you from being attacked. we are tired of people passing blame onto that instead of focusing on how to train young boys right.

Why didn't guy say something about the victims who have been attacked when decently dressed and infants/ kids too who are attacked all the time?

As usual. He wants to perpetuate the tradition of victim blaming. Like many of y'all do.

fact is.....women slut-shame more than men!
half of women blame the victims of sexual assault.......

5 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
coogar:

That's also true.

I've even encountered some of them here on NL making such comments.
One told me how she was nearly raped and I asked her if it was her fault, she said no (funny. Right)
but she felt confident blaming a 16yr old that was raped by her lecturer (the father's friend) for following him to his office.

In that case they didn't see indecent dressing to blame they turned it into why she followed the man in the first place.
Smh.

11 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Rape attracts heavy penalties before the law and this is rightly so, well at least in the case where it is conclusively proven. In championing the cause for slut walking today's modern 'empowered' woman is however subtly pushing an agenda to the fore, and that agenda as one writer, J Weidmann, expertly put it is this:

The feminist goal is removing all constraints on female sexuality while maximally restricting male sexuality

Today, and especially in the West where the feminine imperative is on the ascendancy, women want to openly execute their mating strategies without restraint or regard for consequences. If anything, if there be any consequences it has to be shifted to the man and so we have the situation before us today; men are now blamed and shamed for responding to the triggers or cues that the women themselves set off! The lady who dresses provocatively and brazenly advertises her sexuality so, the Sexually Liberated Unrestrained Tart is not to be shamed indeed she is to be celebrated, that's their agenda.

Go grrls, keep walking!

6 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
coogar:

While the criminal is at fault in all cases but individuals too should try their best to not put themselves in bad situations

While its not right for a cop to shoot you, I wont advise you to fight a cop,

WHile its wrong for you to be robbed, I would also warn you from certain areas of the city at certain times

While a drug user is bad, I would also tell my kids to avoid friends who are drug users as they can be unstable

While the rapi1st is at fault, I would tell my daughter dont follow any stranger home

Dont put yourself in bad situations

7 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

While the criminal is at fault in all cases but individuals too should try their best to not put themselves in bad situations

WHile its wrong for you to be robbed, I would also warn you from certain areas of the city at certain times

While a drug user is bad, I would also tell my kids to avoid friends who are drug users as they can be unstable

While the rapi1st is at fault, I would tell my daughter dont follow any stranger home

Well said. But surely you must notice that advocates for sult walking eschew this common sense approach.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

It's rare for a STRANGER to rap.e except in a rural area and no sensible girl will follow a STRANGER home, to start with.
Friends rap.e.

The only prevention I see here is telling ya' daughter not to have a boyfriend or stop keeping male friends.
Still weird much...

4 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
FrancisTony:
It's rare for a STRANGER to rap.e except in a rural area and no sensible girl will follow a STRANGER home, to start with.
Friends rap.e.

The only prevention I see here is telling ya' daughter not to have a boyfriend or stop keeping male friends.
Still weird much...

Strangers rape as much as friends. No sensible girl according to you. But thousands of girls who go visit a stranger they met at a club home have been rapeed

As we speak now. many girls would still leave their hostels go for parties, follow guys they just met few hrs ago home be rapped and some even killed for rituals

With friends who you know and can be traced they would naturally have more restraints than with strangers who have no trace.

If you live in your cocoon, you would believe girls dont follow strangers home. But everywhere in the world, It happens on a regular basis

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

Strangers rape as much as friends. No sensible girl according to you. But thousands of girls who go visit a stranger they met at a club home have been rapeed.

As we speak now. many girls would still leave their hostels go for parties, follow guys they just met few hrs ago home be rapped and some even killed for rituals

With friends who you know and can be traced they would naturally have more restraints than with strangers who have no trace.

If you live in your cocoon, you would believe girls dont follow strangers home. But everywhere in the world, It happens on a regular basis
Okay nau!

The "club scenario" you described sha.
Any girl that goes to a club and scream that she was raped is ALL formative to me. grin
A lady can't follow a guy she met at the club home and won't be expecting SEX except she's using "rape" as an escape route...

For example, the Unilag/Unical girl & a lecturer perspective.
They started off as STRANGERS & he rape.d her when they became friends - as in closer to each other.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
Anyone who says slut or victim blaming isn't being honest with themselves or haven't considered the foolishness of the sentiment. For every crime there is a corresponding deterrent: for burglary, there's the option of alarm systems or burglar-proof installation, why not refuse to install a anti-burglar system because it's victim shaming? Smh

Truth is sluts don't want any responsibility for their actions. The truth is dressing a certain way will attract rapists no matter how stiff rape laws are. Murder has a life-for-life penalty and people still commit murder. Someone is committing a murder as we speak grin. Why the heck do you think someone won't be raping? What's the toughest punishment for rape sef? Dey dia dey zuzu. Don't protect yourself you hear? Be showing sick people your fresh legs, you hear?

Even if the rapist is caught and punished, that would be after the fact, wouldn't it? A word should be enough for the sensible.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by coogar: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:
Anyone who says slut or victim blaming isn't being honest with themselves or haven't considered the foolishness of the sentiment. For every crime there is a corresponding deterrent: for burglary, there's the option of alarm systems or burglar-proof installation, why not refuse to install a anti-burglar system because it's victim shaming? Smh

Truth is sluts don't want any responsibility for their actions. The truth is dressing a certain way will attract rapists no matter how stiff rape laws are. Murder has a life-for-life penalty and people still commit murder. Someone is committing a murder as we speak grin. Why the heck do you think someone won't be raping? What's the toughest punishment for rape sef? Dey dia dey zuzu. Don't protect yourself you hear? Be showing sick people your fresh legs, you hear?

Even if the rapist is caught and punished, that would be after the fact, wouldn't it? A word should be enough for the sensible.

even if you walk around with a transparent bag filled with dollar bills, you would get robbed!
women don't want responsibility but they want rights.....an indecently-dressed woman is sending
a message to the males out there that she's available for whatever price she's putting on her wares.
it's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
Why do people buy security cameras for their residence?

Why do anti-burglar security equipment sell so profitably?

Who would take a Nigerian bank without those security doors seriously? Would anyone even go to a bank without those doors grin

Make una dey here dey zuzu.

While the law tries to curb the problem, do your part by teaching your daughters how to keep themselves safe and stop this "progressive" foolishness

On this same nairaland, we have threads teaching parents how to protect their children for statutory rape and raping their kids. Why not condemn such threads grin

Una no dey think, I swear. Disgusting. Anything oyibo do una go dey hail like zombie. Urgh.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
coogar:

even if you walk around with a transparent bag filled with dollar bills, you would get robbed!
women don't want responsibility but they want rights.....an indecently-dressed woman is sending
a message to the males out there that she's available for whatever price she's putting on her wares.
it's as simple as that.

Imagine a sexually incontinent individual seeing fresh laps grin. Is he thinking of victim-shaming or blowing his seed? grin. The fool would be thinking of how to feel up those laps. Now what do these sluts expect those who want to prevent such a thing from happening to do if not teach them and potential victims how to protect themselves!

How many women on this, if given the option, would choose their daughter attend a slut rally over teach her how to keep herself safe? Why does pepper spray still sell, that fits the victim shaming narrative, doesn't it?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by raumdeuter: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
There are crimes in the world and there are some things you can do to reduce your chances of falling victim to the crime

E.g you wont walk all dressed up in expensive clothe and shoes when walking some streets

I remember when I was working on the Island and had to take bus home. I was working late and had to pass through oshodi

i removed all my suit, tie, , untucked my shirt wore slippers just to not stand out

Its part of reducing the chances of falling to crime

4 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by lilmax(m): 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
She would have gone bananas, while we would be playing catch-up with the negative and the positive aspect of hers.

Mark my words , everyone is moving towards that one direction ,a generational shift that would usher in a new era where morality and chastity would be frowned at and every bile and abominable thing celebrated.

Welcome to the end of days as predicted by the prophets of the ancient of days.
fact
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Men are naturally designed to be attracted to naked women so as to propagate the species. This is instinct. This is fact. For a woman to prevent undue attention to herself it is pertinent that she dresses decently. If she doesnt do so she might get away with it around males that have better self control. But she is putting herself at extreme risk if among men with little or no self control.

Why take the risk?

Why expose yourself in the first place?

Why dress like a slut in the first place if it is not to look sexy and attract a certain kind of "attention"?(get it? Attention?)

A woman that exposes her boobs and ass and walks down a dark alley should tell her story to the gods.

@truckpusher thumbs up. Some people will view your post with sarcasm but its alright. they have eyes but cannot see. So now the derogatory word "slut"(LovePeddler/prostitute/hooker) should be celebrated. Instead of teaching the women decent dressing. Hurrah for freedom.

Sir Shymeex pls keep us up to date with developments. Snap as many pictures as possible so we can view these liberated women in all their glory. We are in full support.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
coogar:

it's as simple as that.
How do you define indecent dressing?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:
How do you define indecent dressing?

Indecent dressing: Synonyms: obscene, dirty, filthy, rude, coarse, vulgar, gross, crude, bawdy, lewd, racy, risqué, salacious, wicked, improper, indelicate, unseemly, impure, smutty, spicy, raw, off colour, ribald, Rabelaisian, lascivious, licentious.

Any mode of dressing that accentuates the female form (since the topic of discussion is females) or exposes it entirely, particular note is taken of clothing that expose a woman's breasts, nipples, vagina, and buttocks.
Since such areas send a direct message to the male as exhibitionist calls for copulation, they are to be exposed only in situations leading to coi_tus.

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
ApexTitan:

Well said. But surely you must notice that advocates for sult walking eschew this common sense approach.
If only these common sense approach, propriety and decency helped women in India or Nigeria for that matter.
We seem to have the highest conservative ratio and more decently dressed women yet the rape that occurs within our walls surpasses that which happens in these places where the devil has his abode. I.e the west.
Has policing women helped reduce rape in these rape capitals of the world? I wish.

Does it say anything?

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by johnydon22(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
[b]When a man goes shirtless he is praised for showing off six packs when a woman shows off her stomach in a dress she is a slut.

These injustice has being one that made men think it is their societal right to impose their idea of decency on women by being the one to dictate what women should wear in order to be dubbed decent.

This injustice makes it ok for people to blame a victim of rape for wearing what she wanted instead of blaming and prosecuting the pervert who perpetrated this act.

This injustice in many cases have resulted to a female victim of rape being punished even when she is the victim, some up to the level of killing her in the name of restoring honor.

I have always and will always affirm that a woman's body is not dangerous to anybody, a woman's body will no make you do stupi_d things.

That you do stupi_d things is because you want to do stupi_d things, that you do stupi_d things is because you are too stupi_d to stop yourself from doing stupi_d things.

Women have the right to wear what they love and feel comfortable in without being threatened with rape same way men have the right to wear what they feel comfortable in.

None have the right to impose their idea of decency on others or blame their inability to have self control on the dressing of the victim.

That's a worse form of societal injustice..
[/b]

19 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:
Why do people buy security cameras for their residence?

Why do anti-burglar security equipment sell so profitably?

Who would take a Nigerian bank without those security doors seriously? Would anyone even go to a bank without those doors grin

Make una dey here dey zuzu.

While the law tries to curb the problem, do your part by teaching your daughters how to keep themselves safe and stop this "progressive" foolishness

On this same nairaland, we have threads teaching parents how to protect their children for statutory rape and raping their kids. Why not condemn such threads grin

Una no dey think, I swear. Disgusting. Anything oyibo do una go dey hail like zombie. Urgh.

A lot of Africans, moreso nigerians suffer for star-struck white syndrome. As a race, blacks especially those in third word countries are still undergoing a kind of Societal Stockholm Syndrome where they worship white folk and take all thier ideaologies as law. A nigerian scientist once made a ground-breaking discovery and brought it to the attention of the nigerian government. All it took was for a society of white folk to make a call all the way from the US for the nigerian government to label the man's achievements as false. No scrunity, no study, nothing. Just a word from our white masters explaining away the phenomenon. Same man went to the UK and repeated the research with white backing and now he is making headway. No change except for change in partners and change in environment.

Tomorrow the white people are going to walk their streets naked to prove a point and some here will still cheer them on because they dont have the guts to disagree with the white man.

I digress. forgive me.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Confused! / Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.