Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Slut Walk For Women's Right - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Slut Walk For Women's Right (21585 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / Re:slut Walk For Women's Right In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by wisdomiskey(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
What is male sexuality?
Raping women?

Because as far as I can tell, no one is policing men on what they wear and how to be prim and proper and decent and virtuous.
In which part of the world is male sexuality being oppressed? Pls tell us.

So because women don't want to be blamed on account of what they were wearing when on marrafoka rapes them means male sexuality is being restricted?

What aren't you saying Hiding behind J Weidman.?

ApexTitan:
Rape attracts heavy penalties before the law and this is rightly so, well at least in the case where it is conclusively proven. In championing the cause for slut walking today's modern 'empowered' woman is however subtly pushing an agenda to the fore, and that agenda as one writer, J Weidmann, expertly put it is this:

The feminist goal is removing all constraints on female sexuality while maximally restricting male sexuality

Today, and especially in the West where the feminine imperative is on the ascendancy, women want to openly execute their mating strategies without restraint or regard for consequences. If anything, if there be any consequences it has to be shifted to the man and so we have the situation before us today; men are now blamed and shamed for responding to the triggers or cues that the women themselves set off! The lady who dresses provocatively and brazenly advertises her sexuality so, the Sexually Liberated Unrestrained Tart is not to be shamed indeed she is to be celebrated, that's their agenda.

Go grrls, keep walking!

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

Indecent dressing: Synonyms: obscene, dirty, filthy, rude, coarse, vulgar, gross, crude, bawdy, lewd, racy, risqué, salacious, wicked, improper, indelicate, unseemly, impure, smutty, spicy, raw, off colour, ribald, Rabelaisian, lascivious, licentious.

Any mode of dressing that accentuates the female form (since the topic of discussion is females) or exposes it entirely, particular note is taken of clothing that expose a woman's breasts, nipples, vagina, and buttocks.
Since such areas send a direct message to the male as exhibitionist calls for copulation, they are to be exposed only in situations leading to coi_tus.
Okay then, going by your definition, the only decent mode of dressing for a woman would be clothes that don't accentuate her form? Let's just say, very loose-fitting clothes, yea?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:

Okay then, going by your definition, the only decent mode of dressing for a woman would be clothes that don't accentuate her form? Let's just say, very loose-fitting clothes, yea?

Accentuate. synonymn highlight, make prominent, spotlight.

@bolded you are beginning to skew away from the discussion but no wahala. YOU are assuming VERY loose-fitting clothes. I say any clothing that covers the female form and does not expose the female organs of sex or reproduction is ok.

And kindly do not start presenting exceptional examples as the norm like saying that muslim women in hijabs get raped as well.Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Accentuated female parts for sex:
Enlarged, protruding mammary glands(Breasts). Males have breasts as well but these are not accentuated.
Hips: Females have wider hips than males. This is to attract the male gender and exhibit fruitfulness(The naked ape). Males have hips as well but not accentuated.
Buttocks: The human of the female species has the biggest gluteus maximus of the animal kingdom. Even the red-bottomed baboon in all its gluteal glory cannot compete with the female human when it comes to exhibiting this accentuated accessory primed mostly to signal copulation to the male as it does in lower mammals. A hamadrya's baboon or red-bottomed baboon's bottom turns red as a sign that it is now mature for a male to approach it. It signals fertility, virility,life. Now imagine the humungous female derriere exposed for all the world to see in a bid to exhibit freedom of dressing. I assure you unwanted attention will come. Even some males have been approached for thier own exceptionally large asses by homosexuals talk less of the female gender. Her ass is so accentuated that it has caused many an embarrased head-on collision (no joke, fact). And you think you are being victimised when you are advised to decently cover that area?

The female has been created to have higher sexually accentuated areas than males. This is not society nor patriarchism, its plain and simple NATURE, which brings us back to the root of the problem, the F word that seeks to deny females thier feminity all in the name of equality.

I dare any woman speaking on this thread to expose her breasts now in the name of equality and I'll expose mine as well (Except for kanwuli...that lady crazy)

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
5MinsMadness, I wish you luck in your quest for a sensible debate. grin

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:
5MinsMadness, I wish you luck in your quest for a sensible debate. grin
Lol!!!!

Am actually mentally kicking myself as I type this. I know it will lead to nowhere but I have to try for the sake of gullible young females out there that may want to try what some females on this thread are advocating (even though we know they'll never dare it themselves)

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

Imagine a sexually incontinent individual seeing fresh laps grin. Is he thinking of victim-shaming or blowing his seed? grin. The fool would be thinking of how to feel up those laps. Now what do these sluts expect those who want to prevent such a thing from happening to do if not teach them and potential victims how to protect themselves!

How many women on this, if given the option, would choose their daughter attend a slut rally over teach her how to keep herself safe? Why does pepper spray still sell, that fits the victim shaming narrative, doesn't it?

How should they protect themselves?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

Lol!!!!

Am actually mentally kicking myself as I type this. I know it will lead to nowhere but I have to try for the sake of gullible young females out there that may want to try what some females on this thread are advocating (even though we know they'll never dare it themselves)

Anybody with a brain has seen the first page already, there's arguments both for and against. If they don't know how to think, there's not much you can do to help them.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

While the criminal is at fault in all cases but individuals too should try their best to not put themselves in bad situations

While its not right for a cop to shoot you, I wont advise you to fight a cop,

WHile its wrong for you to be robbed, I would also warn you from certain areas of the city at certain times

While a drug user is bad, I would also tell my kids to avoid friends who are drug users as they can be unstable

While the rapi1st is at fault, I would tell my daughter dont follow any stranger home

Dont put yourself in bad situations

I agree with you Dayo.

On another hand, I thought Amber Rose was anti-feminist?

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

Accentuate. synonymn highlight, make prominent, spotlight.

@bolded you are beginning to skew away from the discussion but no wahala. YOU are assuming VERY loose-fitting clothes. I say any clothing that covers the female form and does not expose the female organs of sex or reproduction is ok.

And kindly do not start presenting exceptional examples as the norm like saying that muslim women in hijabs get raped as well.Thank you.
Please, how does clothes made for females cover the female form? Are there female clothes that one can wear that makes you not see that she's female?

You sound like it's norm that women walk about with their vajayjay and b00bz in full display.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

How should they protect themselves?

If I had a daughter?

1. Dress decently. The idea is attractive not trashy.

2. Have a horn in your bag.

3. Have pepper spray in your bag.

4. As much as possible avoid dark areas at night.

5. As much as possible move in groups in dark places or notoriously dangerous places.

6. Know your friends. Avoid stories that touch.

Amongst other tips

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

If I had a daughter?

1. Dress decently. The idea is attractive not trashy.

2. Have a horn in your bag.

3. Have pepper spray in your bag.

4. As much as possible avoid dark areas at night.

5. As much as possible move in groups in dark places or notoriously dangerous places.

6. Know your friends. Avoid stories that touch.

Amongst other tips

It means that your daughter will quickly have to learn that the world is a scary place.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
@OP:

They are going about the end of sexual violence the wrong way.

People would naturally pay attention to women respectably dressed than ladies who are nude undecided

Besides, sick rapists will not be deterred by this campaign /anti-rape laws with not deter them.

It is now left for everyone to protect themselves /their wards as best as they can alongside the campaign.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

It means that your daughter will quickly have to learn that the world is a scary place.

Hahahaha. Is the world an unscary place? Bros, I grew up in Mafoluku, Oshodi; and some in Akala, Mushin have it worse. The world is fvcked up grin. You want me to deceive my daughter that DisneyWorld is the norm rather than the exception? Hahahaha.

I was told nd taught to be sharp and pritect myself if I want to enjoy whatever beauty the world promises. There are millions of hopeless folk roaming about looking to infect your dreams with their negativity. Hahahaha. Funny guy.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hahahaha. Is the world an unscary place? Bros, I grew up in Mafoluku, Oshodi; and some in Akala, Mushin have it worse. The world is fvcked up grin. You want me to deceive my daughter that DisneyWorld is the norm rather than the exception? Hahahaha.

I was told nd taught to be sharp and pritect myself if I want to enjoy whatever beauty the world promises. There are millions of hopeless folk roaming about looking to infect your dreams with their negativity. Hahahaha. Funny guy.

There are places where women walk around without horns and pepper sprays and yet feel safe; not because they are more daring but because they live in better places. Where do you think women feel safer, in Afghanistan wearing a burka or in Portugal where women dress lightly due to hot whether conditions in summer?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

There are places where women walk around without horns and pepper sprays and yet feel safe; not because they are more daring but because they live in better places.

Where do you think women feel safer, in Afghanistan wearing a burka or in Portugal where women dress lightly due to hot whether conditions in summer?

And how does that change the fact that women need to take these precautions in other places? I fail to see your point.

No rape events in Portugal then. Thanks, for the tip. I'll be moving my family to Portugal. wink
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Please, how does clothes made for females cover the female form? Are there female clothes that one can wear that makes you not see that she's female?

You sound like it's norm that women walk about with their vajayjay and b00bz in full display.

ACCENTUATE: Dresses that ACCENTUATE the female sexual organs are INDECENT

Examples of decent clothing:

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
I disagree with you on this one.

It's like people aren't seeing the reason behind the the action.
They are not saying everyone should dress indecently. They are saying anyone should be able to dress how they want without being harassed for it.

Hence the walk. And anyone is free to dressed anyway they chose to, to emphasize their point.
For the purpose of the walk of course.

These kinds of walks aren't new and are mostly done to show how strongly the participants feel about what they are protesting.
Whatever injustice of the day that they are against.
bukatyne:
@OP:

They are going about the end of sexual violence the wrong way.

People would naturally pay attention to women respectably dressed than ladies who are nude undecided

Besides, sick rapists will not be deterred by this campaign /anti-rape laws with not deter them.

It is now left for everyone to protect themselves /their wards as best as they can alongside the campaign.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:

In case you dont know, your female folk are already doing so:
The last one called yoga pants is the latest craze now.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
lilmax:
Who knows the fate of america in the next 8yrs?

If Africa hasn't collapsed from the nude walks of the past, this one won't collapse America.
Concern yourself more with your nation.

We invented the walk.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

ACCENTUATE: Dresses that ACCENTUATE the female sexual organs are INDECENT

Examples of decent clothing:
Dude stop with the "accentuate" already. I asked you questions based on what you wrote.

So the pictures above, cover the female form on those women?

So if every woman dressed like the ones above, molestation will be a thing of the past?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Dude stop with the "accentuate" already. I asked you questions based on what you wrote.
And I have written ACCENTUATE twice now. so ask questions based on that.
You began by trying to twist words by saying "Let's say" and now you want me to answer questions "based on what I wrote"? Lol.

So the pictures above, cover the female form on those women?
You have eyes. what do you think.

So if every woman dressed like the ones above, molestation will be a thing of the past?
Oh I assure you it will be far more reduced.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

And how does that change the fact that women need to take these precautions in other places? I fail to see your point.

No rape events in Portugal then. Thanks, for the tip. I'll be moving my family to Portugal. wink

Anyone who can, should move their family to a place where his daughters do not have to carry the burden of horns, pepper sprays and be on their guard but where they can move freely and safely, even at night. Such places do exist and these places show that clothes do not determine the amount of rapes.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

In case you dont know, your female folk are already doing so:
The last one called yoga pants is the latest craze now.
I don't see any vagina on display in those pictures.

So it's norm to dress the way the ladies in the pics did? Plus how is their mode of dressing responsible for teenagers/children getting raped, I don't see any children in the pictures, do you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

Anyone who can, should move their family to a place where his daughters do not have to carry the burden of horns, pepper sprays and be on their guard but where they can move freely and safely, even at night.

Such places do exist and these places show that clothes do not determine the amount of rapes.

Again, I miss your point. Whether people who can afford to should move or not is hardly an issue, is it? What happens to the population that cannot afford to?

Ah, in this world, they do? We do learn everyday.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by MMotimo: 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
The 2 societies are so different, it is like comparing apples to oranges. The mindsets are different, the cultures are different, even the girls are different.

In the West, the average girl who works out and has developed a good body as a result, would wear those yoga pants without a thought about sexxxxx; it's simply about feeling good with the way she looks.p and displaying a physique built on hard work. On the other hand, the average Naija girl would wear the same thing on a purely for sale or searching basis. There are "working girls" in the West too but nothing like in Naija where so many girls are living a cash and carry existence, the bod being the product on offer.

Those in the West are doing these walks based on ideology, they have reached a level where they can/almost can view their bodies in an asexual manner, not same with Naija girls. Too many still view their bods as "equipment for sale" so a walk like that becomes more about self advertisement than promoting anything substantive.

In the West, chances of getting away with rape is low if the victim is willing to report to the police. In Naija, likelihood of any punishment for the rappppist is slim which is why a girl has to look around her and weigh the risks. The enforcement of laws and punishment play a major role in when and where you dress like that, never mind personal convictions about modesty. If the Oyinbo girls lived in Naija, they would probably not be doing walks that display their breeeaassts and the liberated Naija girl would be walking with them in the West with breeeaassts bared.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

And I have written ACCENTUATE twice now. so ask questions based on that.
You began by trying to twist words by saying "Let's say" and now you want me to answer questions "based on what I wrote"? Lol.

You have eyes. what do you think.

Oh I assure you it will be far more reduced.
I see that they are female in those clothes, if their form is covered, I won't be able to tell they are female, will I?

Really? How do you expect me not to bring in the women in hijab if you say that covering all over will reduce rape incidents?

Remember you said clothes that accentuate the female form is indecent, I'm only trying to understand how.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by bukatyne(f): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
cococandy:
I disagree with you on this one.

It's like people aren't seeing the reason behind the the action.
They are not saying everyone should dress indecently. They are saying anyone should be able to dress how they want without being harassed for it.

Hence the walk. And anyone is free to dressed anyway they chose to, to emphasize their point.
For the purpose of the walk of course.

These kinds of walks aren't new and are mostly done to show how strongly the participants feel about what they are protesting.
Whatever injustice of the day that they are against.

It is like the saying 'you can have freedom of speech but your freedom after your speech cannot be guaranteed'

Nothing stops me from wearing a bikini on my street; nothing stops a sick man from overpowering me and raping me.

There is no law or campaign that can appeal to a sick mind not to rape a woman (decently dressed or not). That's where the campaigners are losing it. They would have to ensure there is no sick person in a vicinity before telling women they are free to dress indecently else they tell the women to be ready to face the consequence of their indecency.

@Mode of campaign: if I want to do an awareness on rape and stop victimization, I surely would not do so unclad.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't see any vagina on display in those pictures.
Frecocoa, what has this statement got to do with the definition of indecent dressing?

So it's norm to dress the way the ladies in the pics did? Plus how is their mode of dressing responsible for teenagers/children getting raped, I don't see any children in the pictures, do you?
Lol!
I'm going to look for the meaning of "strawman agrument".I'm not sure but I think thats what you are doing here!

The op was talking about amber rose being called a slut cos of her indecent dressing. the rest of the thread has been talking about ladies being raped cos of indecent dressing. Where did pedophelia come into the mix? grin

Anyway, I'll bite.
Teenagers that dress indecently are more likely to get raped cos they are going to attract the wrong type of crowd. Its that simple. A teenager that dresses indecently is most likely going to the club than to church, to booze and lose her senses rather than to pray and seek holiness, to get home late at night rather than at a reasonable time of the day. She is more prone to being raped.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, at least for now until our white overlords legalise and rationalise it. the peope that do it are sick, not normal, deranged. I watched some programs on how pedophiles think, they are attracted to the purity of the child, not to the sex organs(which anyway are virtually non-existent at the time). They all voice the same attraction to the child's innocence and wanting to partake in that innocence. This is what drives a pedophile and not dressing(Psychopathology and personality traits of pedophiles)
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 10:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
Well that's where choice comes in. You can chose to go about it your own way seeing as you wouldn't be caught undressed in the streets for any reason. And that's okay.

I like their method too which is boldly stating that the dress isn't the problem and we might as well get that stumbling block out of the way so that people can focus on the real issue which is the number of rapists and rapist apologists who like to hide behind "she was indecent" to justify evil.

bukatyne:

It is like the saying 'you can have freedom of speech but your freedom after your speech cannot be guaranteed'

Nothing stops me from wearing a bikini on my street; nothing stops a sick man from overpowering me and raping me.

There is no law or campaign that can appeal to a sick mind not to rape a woman (decently dressed or not). That's where the campaigners are losing it. They would have to ensure there is no sick person in a vicinity before telling women they are free to dress indecently else they tell the women to be ready to face the consequence of their indecency.

@Mode of campaign: if I want to do an awareness on rape and stop victimization, I surely would not do so unclad.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:

Again, I miss your point. Whether people who can afford to should move or not is hardly an issue, is it? What happens to the population that cannot afford to?

Ah, in this world, they do? We do learn everyday.

If I were to raise my daughters in some places in Nigeria, I would share your sentiments. I would not only make them always carry a horn and pepper spray but teach them how to use a gun grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Confused! / Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.