Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Slut Walk For Women's Right - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Slut Walk For Women's Right (21583 Views)

Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / Re:slut Walk For Women's Right In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
bukatyne:

There is no law or campaign that can appeal to a sick mind not to rape a woman (decently dressed or not). That's where the campaigners are losing it. They would have to ensure there is no sick person in a vicinity before telling women they are free to dress indecently else they tell the women to be ready to face the consequence of their indecency.

Solid gold.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
5minsmadness:

Frecocoa, what has this statement got to do with the definition of indecent dressing?

Lol!
I'm going to look for the meaning of "strawman agrument".I'm not sure but I think thats what you are doing here!

The op was talking about amber rose being called a slut cos of her indecent dressing. the rest of the thread has been talking about ladies being raped cos of indecent dressing. Where did pedophelia come into the mix? grin

Anyway, I'll bite.
Teenagers that dress indecently are more likely to get raped cos they are going to attract the wrong type of crowd. Its that simple. A teenager that dresses indecently is most likely going to the club than to church, to booze and lose her senses rather than to pray and seek holiness, to get home late at night rather than at a reasonable time of the day. She is more prone to being raped.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder, at least for now until our white overlords legalise and rationalise it. the peope that do it are sick, not normal, deranged. I watched some programs on how pedophiles think, they are attracted to the purity of the child, not to the sex organs(which anyway are virtually non-existent at the time). They all voice the same attraction to the child's innocence and wanting to partake in that innocence. This is what drives a pedophile and not dressing(Psychopathology and personality traits of pedophiles)

You talked about reproductive organs being on display in one of your posts na, so I went with vagina, or did you mean uterus?undecided

Everything I have asked is based on what you have posted.

I need you to understand that some rapists rape both adult and children but we can leave children out of it.

You still haven't told me how the pictures you posted covered the form on those women o.

So basically, are you saying that the way a lady is dressed can determine getting raped or not?

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
bukatyne:

It is like the saying 'you can have freedom of speech but your freedom after your speech cannot be guaranteed'

Nothing stops me from wearing a bikini on my street; nothing stops a sick man from overpowering me and raping me.

There is no law or campaign that can appeal to a sick mind not to rape a woman (decently dressed or not). That's where the campaigners are losing it. They would have to ensure there is no sick person in a vicinity before telling women they are free to dress indecently else they tell the women to be ready to face the consequence of their indecency.

@Mode of campaign: if I want to do an awareness on rape and stop victimization, I surely would not do so unclad.

The campaign is not about what women SHOULD or SHOULDN'T wear. Their message is clear: Wear whatever you want and nothing that you wear can EVER justify rape. It is so simple.

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
bukatyne:

They would have to ensure there is no sick person in a vicinity before telling women they are free to dress indecently else they tell the women to be ready to face the consequence of their indecency.

If a rapist is already sick, how then does it matter what the women wear? Unless you are saying, how a lady dresses, is responsible for the sickness.

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
cococandy:
If only these common sense approach, propriety and decency helped women in India or Nigeria for that matter.
We seem to have the highest conservative ratio and more decently dressed women yet the rape that occurs within our walls surpasses that which happens in these places where the devil has his abode. I.e the west.
Has policing women helped reduce rape in these rape capitals of the world? I wish.

Does it say anything?

=38346736:
What is male sexuality?
Raping women?
Because as far as I can tell, no one is policing men on what they wear and how to be prim and proper and decent and virtuous.
In which part of the world is male sexuality being oppressed? Pls tell us.
So because women don't want to be blamed on account of what they were wearing when on marrafoka rapes them means male sexuality is being restricted?
What aren't you saying Hiding behind J Weidman.?

So the modicum of decency that common sense demands in regards to how women and men should dress is now termed policing? Unlike the advocates of slut walking every reasonable people will take the call to attire one's self reasonably or without provocative intent as a simple sign of good judgement and not a totalitarian fiat or restrictive command.

In fairness one cannot ignore that in some instances people have wrongly accused victims of rape of bringing it on themselves even when the victims were not provocatively dressed but the slut walk supporters with their open endorsement and celebration of slutty dressing are wilfully ignoring the responsibilities that women have when they exercise the rights to dress as they deem fit.

As to where your question as to which part of the world male sexuality is being oppressed - you want to get me started? - the answer is clearly the West and it is seeping in to these parts gradually. In the West any overt display of masculinity is attacked and gutted. Ever since the rise of feminism back in the 60s the image held out before all of society is that men, masculinity and male sexuality are the big bad devils that have oppressed the world. Men and male sexuality are seen as the biggest sinners against humanity and so they have to be "corrected". Name any of the modern day evils, sexual harassment, imperialism, environmental degradation, globalization, slavery, pollution whatever it is, as long as you have a penïs you are are somehow culpable if not directly responsible. Men are seen as crude creatures poisoned by testosterone and so have to be regulated by stringent legislation. A young man cannot alone walk through certain school neighbourhoods without arousing suspicion because of the stereotype that he is a potential rapist or criminal in the making. Even the archetypal images held out for men in the western media when they are not criminals or rapists is that of the buffoon who cannot get things right; sift through Western sitcoms and you will find very few portrayals of the strong confident male, the dad in the show is the clown who is laughed at. . .

. . . Its interesting how even the answer to your rhetorical question of what male sexuality is you answer 'raping women? Masculinity, male sexuality and all of its traditional forms of expression are continuously demonised - so much so that the current generation of young men find it hard to identify any positive thing to associate it with - but we are to celebrate women's when they walk around with only a string as clothing because it is empowering? The whole slut walking thing is just a sad joke.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
MMotimo:
The 2 societies are so different, it is like comparing apples to oranges. The mindsets are different, the cultures are different, even the girls are different.

In the West, the average girl who works out and has developed a good body as a result, would wear those yoga pants without a thought about sexxxxx; it's simply about feeling good with the way she looks.p and displaying a physique built on hard work. On the other hand, the average Naija girl would wear the same thing on a purely for sale or searching basis. There are "working girls" in the West too but nothing like in Naija where so many girls are living a cash and carry existence, the bod being the product on offer.

Those in the West are doing these walks based on ideology, they have reached a level where they can/almost can view their bodies in an asexual manner, not same with Naija girls. Too many still view their bods as "equipment for sale" so a walk like that becomes more about self advertisement than promoting anything substantive.

In the West, chances of getting away with rape is low if the victim is willing to report to the police. In Naija, likelihood of any punishment for the rappppist is slim which is why a girl has to look around her and weigh the risks. The enforcement of laws and punishment play a major role in when and where you dress like that, never mind personal convictions about modesty. If the Oyinbo girls lived in Naija, they would probably not be doing walks that display their breeeaassts and the liberated Naija girl would be walking with them in the West with breeeaassts bared.

What? So the people in the west have so evolved from the rest of humanity that the basic laws of biology no longer apply to them? There is no ideology that can overrun nature's hardwiring.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
bukatyne:

I agree with you Dayo.

On another hand, I thought Amber Rose was anti-feminist?

I doubt that photo of Amber has anything to do with the slut walk movement, she is just being her usual provocative self. cheesy
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
This is going to be a long post.

freecocoa:
You talked about reproductive organs being on display in one of your posts na, so I went with vagina, or did you mean uterus?undecided

Everything I have asked is based on what you have posted.

I need you to understand that some rapists rape both adult and children but we can leave children out of it.

You still haven't told me how the pictures you posted covered the form on those women o.
This was my definition:
Indecent dressing: Synonyms: obscene, dirty, filthy, rude, coarse, vulgar, gross, crude, bawdy, lewd, racy, risqué, salacious, wicked, improper, indelicate, unseemly, impure, smutty, spicy, raw, off colour, ribald, Rabelaisian, lascivious, licentious.

Any mode of dressing that [size=18pt]accentuates[/size] the female form (since the topic of discussion is females) OR exposes it entirely, particular note is taken of clothing that expose a woman's breasts, nipples, vagina, and buttocks.
Since such areas send a direct message to the male as exhibitionist calls for copulation, they are to be exposed only in situations leading to coi_tus.

Note the word "Accentuates" the female form, I didnt say anything about "covering the form" of anybody. Those are your words. I said Accentuates OR exposes it entirely. I had a feeling you might misunderstand, so I went on to explain the word ACCENTUATE
Accentuate. synonymn [size=15pt]highlight[/size], [size=15pt]make prominent[/size], [size=15pt]spotlight[/size].

I noted at this point that you were about going off at a tangent so without prompting I went on further to explain what i meant by accentuation vis the female body:

Accentuated female parts for sex:
Enlarged, protruding mammary gland (Breasts) . Males have breasts as well but these are not accentuated.
Hips: Females have wider hips than males. This is to attract the male gender and exhibit fruitfulness(The Unclad ape). Males have hips as well but not accentuated.
Buttocks: The human of the female species has the biggest gluteus maximus of the animal kingdom. Even the red-bottomed baboon in all its gluteal glory cannot compete with the female human when it comes to exhibiting this accentuated accessory primed mostly to signal copulation to the male as it does in lower mammals. A hamadrya's baboon or red-bottomed baboon's bottom turns red as a sign that it is now mature for a male to approach it. It signals fertility, virility,life. Now imagine the humungous female derriere exposed for all the world to see in a bid to exhibit freedom of dressing. I assure you unwanted attention will come. Even some males have been approached for thier own exceptionally large asses by homosexuals talk less of the female gender. Her ass is so accentuated that it has caused many an embarrased head-on collision (no joke, fact). And you think you are being victimised when you are advised to decently cover that area?

The female has been created to have higher sexually accentuated areas than males. This is not society nor patriarchism, its plain and simple NATURE, which brings us back to the root of the problem, the F word that seeks to deny females thier feminity all in the name of equality.

I dare any woman speaking on this thread to expose her breasts now in the name of equality and I'll expose mine as well (Except for kanwuli...that lady crazy)

Any dressing that MAKES PROMINENT, HIGHLIGHTS, SPOTLIGHTS, let me add SCANTILY DISPLAYS the female breasts, hips, vaginas or buttocks is regarded as indecent. Decent dressing dosen't have to "hide" the female form completely, for female beauty is more than breasts and buttocks.

Despite all these explanations it appeared you were simply reading what you wanted to read, you went on to start talking about hiding the female form entirely and talking about pedophilia.
You see how in all my posts you havent actually been adressing what I was saying but bringing up an argument you already envisaged and are sticking with even after I have repeatedly explained.

The statement below is the only post that is following my line of argument:

So basically, are you saying that the way a lady is dressed can determine getting raped or not?
Yes. Yes that's what I'm saying, yes.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by cococandy(f): 12:00am On Sep 25, 2015
What is male sexuality?
It wasn't a rhetorical question.
And I don't see the answer in this long post.

I'm asking you what it is (in your own understanding) because we are talking about rape and not blaming the victims blaming and you're saying male sexuality is being oppressed by that.
Really? undecided

So I really want to know what you mean by male sexuality since you're linking it to a cause that says don't rape women and don't blame the victims when it happens.
If asking people to respect women now equals oppressing male sexuality.

On the other hand, What is sad is that even in the face of big evidence to the contrary, people still link dressing to rape.
Nigeria and India are proof that decency in dressing can't protect you.

Yet somehow we want to blame the women for it and give them some repsonsibility for the offense committed against them.
You're aware that men can get molested too.
In any such instances, have you seen anyone asking if the boy was indecently dressed to attract the attack unto himself?

It is really sad indeed.

On the flip side, male sexuality being oppressed is a bad thing? What a horrible thing. grin grin grin OMG
Lmao. But it is okay to oppress women's sexuality. Oh no. Our own meds don't taste nice to us.
Funny. Ask us how it feels. You wouldn't even know what oppressed sexuality is if it hits you in the face. Be a woman first, then you can talk about oppressed sexuality.

ApexTitan:

So the modicum of decency that common sense demands in regards to how women and men should dress is now termed policing? Unlike the advocates of slut walking every reasonable people will take the call to attire one's self reasonably or without provocative intent as a simple sign of good judgement and not a totalitarian fiat or restrictive command.

In fairness one cannot ignore that in some instances people have wrongly accused victims of rape of bringing it on themselves even when the victims were not provocatively dressed but the slut walk supporters with their open endorsement and celebration of slutty dressing are wilfully ignoring the responsibilities that women have when they exercise the rights to dress as they deem fit.

As to where your question as to which part of the world male sexuality is being oppressed - you want to get me started? - the answer is clearly the West and it is seeping in to these parts gradually. In the West any overt display of masculinity is attacked and gutted. Ever since the rise of feminism back in the 60s the image held out before all of society is that men, masculinity and male sexuality are the big bad devils that have oppressed the world. Men and male sexuality are seen as the biggest sinners against humanity and so they have to be "corrected". Name any of the modern day evils, sexual harassment, imperialism, environmental degradation, globalization, slavery, pollution whatever it is, as long as you have a penïs you are are somehow culpable if not directly responsible. Men are seen as crude creatures poisoned by testosterone and so have to be regulated by stringent legislation. A young man cannot alone walk through certain school neighbourhoods without arousing suspicion because of the stereotype that he is a potential rapist or criminal in the making. Even the archetypal images held out for men in the western media when they are not criminals or rapists is that of the buffoon who cannot get things right; sift through Western sitcoms and you will find very few portrayals of the strong confident male, the dad in the show is the clown who is laughed at. . .

. . . Its interesting how even the answer to your rhetorical question of what male sexuality is you answer 'raping women? Masculinity, male sexuality and all of its traditional forms of expression are continuously demonised - so much so that the current generation of young men find it hard to identify any positive thing to associate it with - but we are to celebrate women's when they walk around with only a string as clothing because it is empowering? The whole slut walking thing is just a sad joke.

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by hahn(m): 12:11am On Sep 25, 2015
5minsmadness:

You should have just said this in the first place undecided

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by 5minsmadness: 12:17am On Sep 25, 2015
hahn:

You should have just said this in the first place undecided
I would have, but I didn't want it to look like I was ignoring her questions. I'll consider it next time.

You keep appearing on my radar like a wart. Are u following me around? undecided
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by freecocoa(f): 12:42am On Sep 25, 2015
5minsmadness:

Accentuate. synonymn highlight, make prominent, spotlight.

@bolded you are beginning to skew away from the discussion but no wahala. YOU are assuming VERY loose-fitting clothes. I say any clothing that covers the female form and does not expose the female organs of sex or reproduction is ok.

And kindly do not start presenting exceptional examples as the norm like saying that muslim women in hijabs get raped as well.Thank you.
5minsmadness:
This was my definition:
Note the word "Accentuates" the female form, I didnt say anything about "covering the form" of anybody. Those are your words.I said Accentuates OR exposes it entirely. I had a feeling you might misunderstand, so I went on to explain the word ACCENTUATE
I noted at this point that you were about going off at a tangent so without prompting I went on further to explain what i meant by accentuation vis the female body:
Any dressing that MAKES PROMINENT, HIGHLIGHTS, SPOTLIGHTS, let me add SCANTILY DISPLAYS the female breasts, hips, vaginas or buttocks is regarded as indecent. Decent dressing dosen't have to "hide" the female form completely, for female beauty is more than breasts and buttocks.
Despite all these explanations it appeared you were simply reading what you wanted to read, you went on to start talking about hiding the female form entirely and talking about pedophilia.
You see how in all my posts you havent actually been adressing what I was saying but bringing up an argument you already envisaged and are sticking with even after I have repeatedly explained.
Really? You would lie as well?

Okay then, since indecent dressing is what causes rape? Why is rape an offence and indecent dressing isn't?

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 25, 2015
Human beings are problems to nature. We discriminate, hate, use slurs for people because they are different, etc. I am for the SLUT movement. Women rights must be respected!

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 1:56am On Sep 25, 2015
@cococandy and francistony I wanted to type but on a second thought I changed my mind especially after reading disgusting posts.so from the first few pages I realised
1.nigeria is not ready to deal with rapeests whether pedophilic rapeest, old mama or the likes
2. The tradition that says every rape victim deserves to be raped because of what she was wearing how she behaves or how she comports herself does not want to be changed. In fact if a 3year old is rapeed its because the mother is irresponsible she refused to protect her child.
If she's an adolescent its because she didn't raise her children well and she's a bad model and if she's a grandma she's a witch
4.every rapeests wants to get away with rape and I'm not surprised when some of the lawmakers are pedophiles and ex rapeests and kleptomaniacs
5.its just like armed robbers came to your home to rob at your absence and then you're blamed for robbery because your home is beautiful or the colour of your curtain is attractive that is how ridiculous victim blame is

next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:08am On Sep 25, 2015
5minsmadness assuming you always carry your laptop around without putting it inside laptop bag do i have a right to attack you and snatch your laptop and then blame you for attacking you because you don't put your laptop inside your bag and cover it properly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
5minsmadness assuming you always carry your laptop around without putting it inside laptop bag do i have a right to attack you and snatch your laptop and then blame you for attacking you because you don't put your laptop inside your bag and cover it properly? undecided

You should point out where he has said that it's ok to rape a scantily dressed female.

3 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:19am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

You should point out where he has said that it's ok to rape a scantily dressed female.
gbam. Exactly what he implied. Be right back to point it out undecided
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
gbam. Exactly what he implied. Be right back to point it out undecided
Waiting
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:26am On Sep 25, 2015
5minsmadness:

This was my definition:

Note the word "Accentuates" the female form, I didnt say anything about "covering the form" of anybody. Those are your words. I said Accentuates OR exposes it entirely. I had a feeling you might misunderstand, so I went on to explain the word ACCENTUATE

ANY DRESSING THAT MAKES PROMINENT, HIGHLIGHTS, SPOTLIGHTS, LET ME ADD SCANTILY DISPLAYS THE FEMALE BREASTST, HIPS, VAGINAS or BUTTOCKS IS REGARDEDsAS INDECENT. Decent dressing dosen't have to "hide" the female form completely, for female beauty is more than breasts and buttocks.

Mr Tim by who's standard is decent or indecent. The issue is meant to be what is appropriate. If for example your girlfriend is on bikini in the beach should she be raped because SHE IS SCANTILY DRESSED or if it's only pant that is on her body and everything is on display in the beach does that mean she should be raped

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:29am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Waiting
check the capitalized in what 5mins typed.

It should not be a question of flashing brez or butts it should be WHERE IT WAS FLASHED
every location should determine your dressing
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:31am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
check the capitalized in what 5mins typed.

It should not be a question of flashing brez or butts it should be WHERE IT WAS FLASHED
every location should determine your dressing

You are aware that there was a time women took of their jewelry when going through places like Oshodi, Mushin and Idumota, right? Was that victim-blaming too?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 2:33am On Sep 25, 2015
double post
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Mr Tim by who's standard is decent or indecent. The issue is meant to be what is appropriate. If for example your girlfriend is on bikini in the beach should she be raped because SHE IS SCANTILY DRESSED or if it's only pant that is on her body and everything is on display in the beach does that mean she should be raped

Stop stretching logic. Who rapes anybody in public with people watching? People usually commit crimes they think they can get away with. You, yourself, how many times have you worn bra and pant to go buy bread in Fagba because the weather is hot, day or night? grin

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 2:35am On Sep 25, 2015
cococandy:
What is male sexuality?
It wasn't a rhetorical question.
And I don't see the answer in this long post.

I'm asking you what it is (in your own understanding) because we are talking about rape and not blaming the victims blaming and you're saying male sexuality is being oppressed by that.
Really? undecided

[img]http://.net/i/637.gif[/img]

Whaat? The level of conflation is very high in your post, whether you are doing it deliberately is unclear so I will restate my initial point;

In the promotion of slut walking its supporters are telling girls and women that their action - i.e, dressing provocatively - is without consequences and that its men who have to conform themselves and behave properly regardless of whether the dressing is deliberately drawing attention or not. Distil that message to its essence and it is that these women want to exercise rights without responsibilities.

cococandy:

So I really want to know what you mean by male sexuality since you're linking it to a cause that says don't rape women and don't blame the victims when it happens.
If asking people to respect women now equals oppressing male sexuality

Again the conflation. Male sexuality is not pertinent to what we are talking about and I am not linking it to rape in any form, it is the shift in responsibility for how women choose to act sexually to the man that is wrong. The point here is that in telling girls that there is nothing wrong if they choose to dress only in a thong and bra to go to the mall they are not doing them any good. In fact these women insist that it is the man who does not respond to them asexually after they've dressed so who has the problem.
You have to ask yourself this: how does telling women to dress like $7 whores help in generating respect for them?

cococandy:

On the other hand, What is sad is that even in the face of big evidence to the contrary, people still link dressing to rape.
Nigeria and India are proof that decency in dressing can't protect you.
Yet somehow we want to blame the women for it and give them some repsonsibility for the offense committed against them.
You're aware that men can get molested too.
In any such instances, have you seen anyone asking if the boy was indecently dressed to attract the attack unto himself?
It is really sad indeed.

Granted rapists are motivated by a variety of reasons and the criminal mind can easily latch onto one of several things as motivations for their crime but can you conclusively prove that slutty dressing isn't one? I personally have never lent my voice in condemnation of rape victims because I am not privy to the circumstances. This isn't just entirely about rape even, its the effrontery that these movements have in promoting what is basically indecency and saying that the consequences be damned.

cococandy:

On the flip side, male sexuality being oppressed is a bad thing? What a horrible thing. grin grin grin OMG
Lmao. But it is okay to oppress women's sexuality. Oh no. Our own meds don't taste nice to us.
Funny. Ask us how it feels. You wouldn't even know what oppressed sexuality is if it hits you in the face. Be a woman first, then you can talk about oppressed sexuality.

Apparently the point I was making about the denigration of male sexuality and masculinity in today's Westernized feminine-primary society was lost on you. Keep churning the wheel that maintains that men are criminals, rapists, warmongering cheaters and sexists by virtue of their gender; masculinity and male sexuality does not need inputs from anyone other than the men themselves to rebuild itself.

1 Like

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:37am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

You are aware that there was a time women took of their jewelry when going through places like Oshodi, Mushin and Idumota, right? Was that victim-blaming too?
that is a different scenario entirely and that is basic common sense that should tell you to take precaution because you're passing through a den of criminals and hoodlums
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
that is a different scenario entirely and that is basic common sense that should tell you to take precaution because you're passing through a den of criminals and hoodlums

So, it's not basic common sense that you take precautions in your dressing in certain places that rapists are probably known to exist? grin. Why is it not victim blaming in Mushin? Do the criminals have any right to snatch the jewelry off the necks and ears of these women? Are you implying that it is ok for criminals to snatch exposed jewelry? grin Oh sorry, because it's rape it's no longer common sense? grin. I hear you ma

2 Likes

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:51am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Stop stretching logic. Who rapes anybody in public with people watching? People usually commit crimes they think they can get away with. You, yourself, how many times have you worn bra and pant to go buy bread in Fagba because the weather is hot, day or night? grin
yes you are right by saying rapeests perpetrate their crimes where they know they can get away with. The point is APPROPRIATENESS OF THE LOCATION. If a man cannot rape a woman in the full glare of the public that means that tail can be controlled even if she's scantily dressed so the issue of its because she was half naked shouldn't arise. Period!
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 2:56am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

So, it's not basic common sense that you take precautions in your dressing in certain places that rapists are probably known to exist? grin. Why is it not victim blaming in Mushin? Do the criminals have any right to snatch the jewelry off the necks and ears of these women? Are you implying that it is ok for criminals to snatch exposed jewelry? grin Oh sorry, because it's rape it's no longer common sense? grin. I hear you ma
robbery and rape exists in some particular location because they know they can get away with it. In my own side of the hood you will be lynched. Even before the police comes the criminal is already in ashes or is burning
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by ApexTitan(m): 2:57am On Sep 25, 2015
Basically slut walkers and its promoters want for women to dress as provocatively as they can dare and not be worried about it. Girls and ladies should not be responsible for their dressing, the whole rape argument is not even at its core - it is the call for unbridled female sexuality. The image below is a flier that was posted in some US high schools (culled from social media only last month) is a milder form of the same thing

EDIT: How can unbridled sexuality be a good thing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yes you are right by saying rapeests perpetrate their crimes where they know they can get away with. The point is APPROPRIATENESS OF THE LOCATION. If a man cannot rape a woman in the full glare of the public that means that tail can be controlled even if she's scantily dressed so the issue of its because she was half naked shouldn't arise. Period!

Have you seen where someone steals in full glare of the public? They do it codedly, except the armed ones. Person wey wan rape sef go rape codedly. That's the way of crime. You will preach this your gospel till you're blue in the face and nothing will be achieved, because the ones you need to preach to to stop rape do not care whatever your opinions are. They will rape the easiest and most attractive victims they can find.
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
robbery and rape exists in some particular location because they know they can get away with it. In my own side of the hood you will be lynched. Even before the police comes the criminal is already in ashes or is burning

Make we hear word. I live in Nigeria too. Some robbers are caught, some aren't. How do you burn a criminal you didn't even catch?
Re: Slut Walk For Women's Right by SAMBARRY: 3:05am On Sep 25, 2015
Timbuktou:

Solid gold.
you seem not to be getting the point. Even if his mind is warped and he sees a half naked woman in public how come he's able to control his tail but when he's in a place where there are no eyes how come he suddenly lost control of his tail

giving rapeest the excuse that I couldn't control myself because she was half naked is giving rapeest justification and that is why we will keep reading of pedophiles doing what they know how to do best on nl or rapeest raping elderly women for rituals. Nobody is ready to deal with the issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Confused! / Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.