Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos (29926 Views)

Video Of Saraki's 'Attack' At The Praying Ground Earlier Today / Saraki Arriving The Eid Praying Ground In Illorin Today (Photos) / People Stone Saraki At Ilorin Eid Praying Ground - Newsrescue.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ruuudboy: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Am not a fan of politics and i dont support any politicians because i believe they are all the same, likewise when it comes to religion, am very conservative and dont argue abt religion with people, i believe in freedom of religion.

It was by the grace of Almighty God witnessing another sallah on earth...being in ilorin this very moment afford me the opportunity to witness first hand how our suppose leaders have brainwash our political thinking with politics.

Am just in ilorin for some official engagement and as usual on every sallah day, we have to go to the eid ground for prayer and today was no exception.

I left with my guy as early as quarter to nine with the believe that prayer will be called at exactly 9am as i was used to in my area in Lagos but to my surprise when we got to gomola roundabout and everywhere was still free...my guy suggested we should stay around the junction as everywhere will be crowded soon but i decline saying we should get to the playing ground i even laugh it off that i will love to stay behind the imam to oversee all what will happen and listen to

we got to the eid ground and after looking for space, we got a space not too far to where the imam was and we can see the imam clearly, i mock my guy saying am enjoying d view instead of staying somewhere where i will just be listening to voice alone.

barely 20mins after we settled down, dat was about 20mins to 10am, we started hearing noice, most people were on their feet shouting and i started asking what was happening, somebody beside us said "maybe its saraki that arrived"....in other to do away with my curiousness, i stood up to peep and there it was, our senate president was the one that walked in...

everything was stand still from that moment and we couldnt hear any sermon again.....all we were hearing was side talk.....i guess after like 15mins of standstill and the imam couldnt help it again, all we heard was "sofullilahi" which signale that it was time for prayer.

We stood up and started praying but people were still making noise but by the time everywhere was silent that was when i started hearing some people shouting "ole" "ole"....."saraki ole"....everywhere was tensed that imam wanted to make mistake along the line during "rukuu" when he suppose to say "semi allahu limon amidahu (Only God knows who worship him)" and wanted to say "Allahu Akbar (Allah is great)"....but he corrected himself immediately.

The moment imam said "salam aleikum waramotullahi" signalling end of prayer, before those of us could respond to him, everywhere was scattered and people started scampering in different directions "ileya ooo" "e ma duro ooo (dont wait)" ....everybody around the place was running up and down finding the best available route outside the praying ground.....

some people started shouting "ole" "ole".....and started throwing stones....me and my guy had to hold ourselves and walk through a bush part to jump a fence outside the praying ground. I lost my slippers during d scuffle of trying to find my way out and had to walk barefooted to the main road.We could hear the agony of people on our way out saying "a ti gbon (we are wise)"....thief, they didnt pay our salary and they are enjoying with their families.....

from our observation, kwara people are tired of their livelihood, most of them are lamenting and some of them couldnt help it as they wanted to confront the police that were providing security at the praying ground saying they caused all this and were the one supporting the politicians...u dare not say anytyn positive about the government except u want to be lynched.

so my problem is, how do we get here? How did we get to a stage of mixing religion with politics that our prayers had to be standstill cos of arrival of the SP......how did we get to the situation of going to pray to God and wouldn't have peace of mind and be scared of something bad happening cos of politics and our politicians.

Definitely kwara/ilorin people at large are not happy with their leaders and politicians but should this be mixed with religion?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2891319_20150924100916_jpegc3047c7bf0326865df8e4b1ef3358aea

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by adedayourt(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2015
adedayourt is typing a message
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by PAINGAIN: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok o
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by tolustx(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2015
#following
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2015
No pix?
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 24, 2015
Illiteracy is d problem here

14 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ruuudboy: 11:53am On Sep 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by chiefbamo(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
I feel its really rather unfortunate for kwarans especially ilorin people that a special day and event like this had to suffer for one persons pilfering,but the good things is this is the golden opportunity kwarans have to get off the strong hold the sarakites have had on them over the years.

The people seem totally fed up with the guy,I was in towwn on monday,around amilegbe(beside ojo ipata) and in the cab I took(all other occupants except myself and a k.p student) being ilorin indigenes were cursing the guy like he came to their house to steal,and I was trying to help them see the political angle to it,I was. Insulted and screamed at I had to drop at gss when I was actually going o,those people were Mad angry.

I wish ilorin people courage and wisdom to fves from bukola sha,cuz they hated him this much before they voted him and his candidates march and april.

42 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
U should have video it and post on youtube

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by KINGSNEEZE(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
ruuudboy:
Am not a fan of politics and i dont support any politicians because i believe they are all the same, likewise when it comes to religion, am very conservative and dont argue abt religion with people, i believe in freedom of religion.

It was by the grace of Almighty God witnessing another sallah on earth...being in ilorin this very moment afford me the opportunity to witness first hand how our suppose leaders have brainwash our political thinking with politics.

Am just in ilorin for some official engagement and as usual on every sallah day, we have to go to the eid ground for prayer and today was no exception.

I left with my guy as early as quarter to nine with the believe that prayer will be called at exactly 9am as i was used to in my area in Lagos but to my surprise when we got to gomola roundabout and everywhere was still free...my guy suggested we should stay around the junction as everywhere will be crowded soon but i decline saying we should get to the playing ground i even laugh it off that i will love to stay behind the imam to oversee all what will happen and listen to

we got to the eid ground and after looking for space, we got a space not too far to where the imam was and we can see the imam clearly, i mock my guy saying am enjoying d view instead of staying somewhere where i will just be listening to voice alone.

barely 20mins after we settled down, dat was about 20mins to 10am, we started hearing noice, most people were on their feet shouting and i started asking what was happening, somebody beside us said "maybe its saraki that arrived"....in other to do away with my curiousness, i stood up to peep and there it was, our senate president was the one that walked in...

everything was stand still from that moment and we couldnt hear any sermon again.....all we were hearing was side talk.....i guess after like 15mins of standstill and the imam couldnt help it again, all we heard was "sofullilahi" which signale that it was time for prayer.

We stood up and started praying but people were still making noise but by the time everywhere was silent that was when i started hearing some people shouting "ole" "ole"....."saraki ole"....everywhere was tensed that imam wanted to make mistake along the line during "rukuu" when he suppose to say "semi allahu limon amidahu (Only God knows who worship him)" and wanted to say "Allahu Akbar (Allah is great)"....but he corrected himself immediately.

The moment imam said "salam aleikum waramotullahi" signalling end of prayer, before those of us could respond to him, everywhere was scattered and people started scampering in different directions "ileya ooo" "e ma duro ooo (dont wait)" ....everybody around the place was running up and down finding the best available route outside the praying ground.....

some people started shouting "ole" "ole".....and started throwing stones....me and my guy had to hold ourselves and walk through a bush part to jump a fence outside the praying ground. I lost my slippers during d scuffle of trying to find my way out and had to walk barefooted to the main road.We could hear the agony of people on our way out saying "a ti gbon (we are wise)"....thief, they didnt pay our salary and they are enjoying with their families.....

from our observation, kwara people are tired of their livelihood, most of them are lamenting and some of them couldnt help it as they wanted to confront the police that were providing security at the praying ground saying they caused all this and were the one supporting the politicians...u dare not say anytyn positive about the government except u want to be lynched.

so my problem is, how do we get here? How did we get to a stage of mixing religion with politics that our prayers had to be standstill cos of arrival of the SP......how did we get to the situation of going to pray to God and wouldn't have peace of mind and be scared of something bad happening cos of politics and our politicians.

Definitely kwara/ilorin people at large are not happy with their leaders and politicians but should this be mixed with religion?

in the other thread, (the press release from kwara state Apc) they accused that miscreants were imported from their neighbouring state and lagos, now u said u re travelled from lagos to kwara for some official engagements? The same you that followed bush path, jump fence with your friend is the same you that posted the picture of people going about their businesses, no single person there was running, holding a sachet water, or a stone....Ok am not concluding just been curious...weldon

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by 3kay945(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Amateur video could have said it better.
Anyway, am enjoying this.
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
I still stand with Saraki, he is innocent until supreme court prove him guilty. Whether Buhari, Obj Tinubu like it or not, Saraki is innocent (for now) and he remain our senate president until he is convicted.

28 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by sdindan: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
This news is better than to hear that bokoharam striked grin

13 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by tswitch: 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
OP your story reeks and it is not fish!

No picture of chaos.
No picture of stoning.
Inconsistencies in the story.(eg drama occurred at end of prayers in your report meanwhile it is middle of prayers in other reports)
Too much words and little detail concentrated around your "highlight".

The onus falls on you to provide a credible telling of your story else we call it exactly what it looks like - a poorly written fabrication from the cauldrons of the APC!

18 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Babatindan: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ayo4dworld(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
hmmn.. But why is channels not airing this news nah
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Shaadey: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
ohk
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by hemartins(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lol. Why couldn't they wait till the end of Prayers. humans don't fear God anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by sandrajazmin(f): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
:oOmo! See tales by moonlight ooo
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by LordMecuzy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
I Smell Revolution...It's happening to Saraki now surely other politicians will be next...The masses are tired, No good roads, No quality healthcare, No portable drinking water, Salaries are being delayed...

A graduate can't get a good job, While kids of politicians are spending millions in night clubs...

NO NO NO We can't continue this way

26 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ezebunafo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yes a lot of my friends confirmed ur story too,the one of some polticians importing thugs from lagos is just to save face and brand some opponents I believed

4 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by ignis: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Muslims are violent people, Who always resort to violence and chaos at all times and all places. Even in the so called holy mosque.
Can you imagine this happening in the church? Capital No.
The violent gods must be very happy with this happening.

14 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by temitayomie: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
sorry bro embarassed...but to some of us, this is good news cool

SARAKI IS GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.

Good bless the great people of Ilorin!
God bless the yorubas!
God bless Nigeria!

Nigeria will be great again!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by HOMOTOYOSI10: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
I get video sef
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by 3rdeye1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Sai Bukky is finished!

2 Likes

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by Demmzy15(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
grin
Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by seedorfg(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
bunkery sarakey

1 Like

Re: Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos by sexaddict08(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
Saraki ur days are numbered....
but PDP will still call the crowed borrowed because they are clueless

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Kissing His Wife And Mother At Nigerian High Commission / President Buhari Meets Kankara Schoolboys / Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – Babagana Kingibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.