Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides (29014 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2009
Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments as narrated by those who were close to her.

The late Mrs. Biodun Kumuyi, wife of the General Overseer of the Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor William Kumuyi, actually passed on last Saturday, singing a song of victory.

Three women leaders, Mrs. Folashade Dare, Mrs. Toyin Famakin and Mrs. Grace Sopeju, who were Mrs Kumuyi close aides recalled on Tuesday, her last moments, just as more religious leaders continued to pay her tributes.

The aides revealed that, the late Kumuyi, popularly called, Mama passed on to glory while singing and breathed her last with an Amen.

According to them, the act was a testimonial that she had gone to be with her Saviour. The lyrics of the song sang by Mrs Kumuyi were as follows:

“My name is written down in the book and it is mine.

Oh, yes it is mine.

With their white clothes, angels singing glory as sinner man come home.

My name is written down in glory, that is mine.

Oh, yes, it is mine.

With my sins forgiven, I am bound for heaven never to weep again".

The women also revealed that Mama was beautiful inside out, an epitome of righteousness, a real servant of God and a caring mother to all, whose vacuum no one could fill.

Meanwhile, religious leaders have continued to extol the virtues of the great woman, whose diligence to her Christian faith had affected many lives positively.

Prelate, Methodist Church, Most Rev. Sunday Ola Makinde observed that Mrs Kumuyi had served God faithfully and sincerely.

He stated during a condolence visit to the bereaved family at Ayobo, that there was no need for anyone to be sad. “You don’t need to brood over her life. We don’t need to cry because she died peacefully as a Christian. I am happy she died during Easter as a Christian. We should be rejoicing that she has gone back to our maker.”

He said Mama, had fought a good fight and had taken the crown of glory and righteousness.

Makinde further stated that the home calling of the virtuous woman should serve as a lesson to all.

He said: “One day, we shall also die. The question is, when we die, where are we going to spend eternity? Mama died and she knows where she is going. Ask yourself where do I go after here?”

Also Director, Social Communications, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Very Rev. Msgr. Gabriel Osu, said the late Mrs. Biodun Kumuyi would be greatly missed by the entire body of Christ, the church.

He noted that during the deceased life’s time, she contributed immensely to the propagation of God’s kingdom through her role as coordinator of the Women Wing of the Ministry and as a publisher of the highly respected Women Mirror Publication.

For Pastor Enoch Adeboye of Redeemed Christian Church of God, who was represented by Pastor Michael Ojo, the late Mrs Kumuyi was a woman worthy of honour.

He said, she lived a godly life and “we are sure that the hope of heaven is sure for her.”

He said the lesson for everyone was that, nobody knew the day of his or her death, as such, all must be prepared at all times.

Representing, Pastor Daniel Olukoya of Mountain of Fire, Snr. Pastor Samson Olaoye, noted that Mama was a gem, a pacesetter, a wonderful woman of valour, of honour, who came as a colossus and played her part well.

Also Prophet Moses Kasali of Hour of Mercy Prayer Ministry said it was an unavoidable incident but happy that Mama slept well in the Lord. While pastor Ewuola Samuel Alphonsus, Deputy General Overseer of Gospel Faith Mission said, it was a shocking news but that the Lord will heal all the broken hearted

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/15/522.html

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/apr/16/national-16-04-2009-05.htm
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by Recognise: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments as narrated by those who were close to her . . .

. . . The women also revealed that Mama was beautiful inside out, an epitome of righteousness,

a real servant of God and a caring mother to all, whose vacuum no one could fill . . .

. . . she contributed immensely to the propagation of God’s kingdom . . .

The righteous perish, and no-one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away,

and no-one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from the evil in this world[b]

- Isaiah 57:1[/b]
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
Glorious testimony
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2009
Read about her dying moments, her biography and the funeral arrangements from the source in the link below this excerpt:

Excerpts:
On the morning of Saturday, April 11, 2009, she woke up as usual and joined the Faith Clinic session from the retreat venue on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.  As she listened to her husband leading the congregation in soul-stirring hymns, she joined and sang with a surprisingly strong and clear voice.  All her weaknesses seemed to have disappeared. Her face glowed as she sang along:

“There is a new name written down in glory,
And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine!
And the white robed angels sing the story,
“A sinner has come home”.
For there’s a new name written down in glory,
And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine;
With my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven,
Never more to roam.”

http://www.biodunkumuyimemorial.org/bio.html
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2009
Kumuyi's Wife, An Example Of Womanhood, Say Makinde, Adebiyi, Others
By Chris Irekamba

THERE was no premonition that she was going to die, at least, not on that Saturday, April 11, 2009. The Church had only a day to conclude its four-day yearly Easter Retreat at the Deeper Life Conference Centre along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

When the news of transition of the woman of faith and wife of Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi, the General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Mrs Biodun Kumuyi, filtered out, many, especially church members could not believed it. To some, it was a hoax; but not long after every doubt in people's mind quickly disappeared, when the Secretary of Deeper Life Bible Church, announced the passage to eternal glory of Mrs. Kumuyi.

The statement said she died in the early hours of Saturday, April 11, 2009, at her residence in the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos, following a brief illness.

Aged 57, Biodun was the second in a family of eight children. She was born a Moslem before she gave her life to Christ. Her mother, an Alhaja is still alive, and her seven siblings. The eldest sister also a Christian is in the United States (U.S).

Mrs. Kumuyi attended New Era Girls' Secondary School, Sabo, Yaba, Lagos and Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, where she studied Business Education before her National Youths Service in 1978.

At her residence in Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos, on Monday, many Deeper Life leaders were busy working on the burial programme.

Sympathisers at the home of the Kumuyis have also been signing the condolence register opened on Monday. One of such early callers was the Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist of Good Tidings Hospital Limited, Surulere, Lagos, Dr. Gabriel Akindele Akilo and his wife, who wrote: "Let me share one personal testimony. One of my cousins was almost mental. He was a medical student and through her (Mrs. Kumuyi), we were able to reach brother (Pastor) Kumuyi in between the service at Gbagada, who prayed for the boy. The prayer only lasted two minutes. The boy was healed immediately. Today, the boy is a medical doctor in the United States (U.S).

"She had touched the lives of so many people. A lot of people do not know her because she was not the type of person who would want to say, 'I am the owner of Deeper Life.' This is the type of quality most women would want to emulate from her," he added.

Also, the Prelate, Methodist Church Nigeria, His Eminence Sunday Ola Makinde described the death as "very sudden and unexpected, but I will advice the man of God to take it as one of those things. He's a preacher, but he should take the consolation that the late wife died as a Christian and like a Christian, she tasted Jesus before death; she saw life after life before death; and that is the type of death that Christians should envisage.

"And death is not the final separation between a man and his wife, and between children and parents; one day at the resurrection, we meet again and rejoice and embrace. So, Mrs. Kumuyi knew she was going to where she came from. And one thing that was good in her death is that she died at a nice period - Easter. No man can attain what Pastor Kumuyi has achieved without a good wife. Her life should be a challenge to all women, but because of some wives, their husbands cannot achieve anything better because one, they are too bad, tigress and lioness in the home. But this woman supported her husband till the last minute, in evangelisation among women; that was very great but our joy is that she has gone before us to paradise to the home that Christ has prepared for you and me. And on that day, we shall rejoice and part no more. I wish her eternal rest."

The Diocesan Bishop of Lagos West (Anglican Communion), Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral, Rt. Revd Peter Adebiyi, who spoke on phone, said: "I thank God for the life of the woman, who had established woman magazine and had supported the husband in so many areas in carrying out the gospel message. She was quite an easy going woman; nobody really knew her. She was example of womanhood," he said.

The Archbishop of the Ecclesisastical Province of Lagos and the Diocesan Bishop of Lagos, Most Revd Adebola Ademowo, in his letter to Pastor Kumuyi, stated thus: "I write to commiserate with you on the demise of your beloved wife, who died after a brief illness on Saturday, April 11, 2009. It was a heavy and terrible blow to the Church, our country and the world as a whole.

"Mother-in-Israel, your dear wife, Mrs. Biodun Kumuyi, the National Woman Coordinator of the Church and International Coordinator of Women Ministry in Africa and other continents where the church has branches, has been described as a motherly figure who inspired women in Nigeria and across Africa.

"The renowned publisher of the popular Christian Women Mirror magazine, used her talents/gifts to serve the Lord and humanity; she had contributed immensely in saving many lives. She died as an active Christian and as a mother and wife, Biodun was loving, dutiful, caring and totally committed.

"As a leader, she played model role, and was meek, gentle and humble. She was a thoroughly decent human being, firm, affable and pleasant to all who have had the good fortune to know her. Her work here on earth shall never be in vain.

"Beloved family, take heart, look unto Jesus and be comforted "the righteous people live for ever" (Wisdom of Solomon 5vs15).

"Once again, we extend our heartfelt condolence to your children and through you to the entire members of the Deeper Life Bible Church," he said.

According to the Church Secretary, burial arrangements begin on Wednesday, April 22 from 6pm with the services of songs at the Deeper Life Bible Church, Lagos, Groups of Districts, Regions and State Headquarters all over Nigeria and at various Deeper Life Bible Church locations across the world.

Thursday, April 23, from 5pm is the Christian Wake, at the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo Ipaja, Lagos.

Lying-in-State will be at the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo Ipaja, Lagos from 9am while she will be committed to mother earth on Friday, April 24 after a funeral service at the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo Ipaja, Lagos.

The Christian wake and funeral service will be transmitted at all Deeper Life Bible Church branches via satellite all over Nigeria and Africa as well as through the internet to countries outside Africa.

Left to mourn her are her husband, Pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi and her two sons, Jerry and John, an aged mother, sisters, and relations.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/ibru_center/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=190409&ptitle=Kumuyi's%20Wife,%20An%20Example%20Of%20Womanhood,%20Say%20Makinde,%20Adebiyi,%20Others
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
Click the link below to connect with the wake-keeping Ceremony Live @ 16:00 GMT

http://www.dclm.org/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On Apr 24, 2009
Listen to the music and follow the lyrics of the last song sang by Sis. Kumuyi before she passed on to glory.

"A New Name in Glory"

http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/newname.html
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Apr 24, 2009
Watch the funeral service live here:

http://www.biodunkumuyimemorial.org/index.html
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by Recognise: 10:29am On Apr 26, 2009
[size=14pt]Kumuyi Counsels On Path To Heaven At Wife’s Burial[/size]
Tope Olukole, Lagos - 25.04.2009

Christians have been admonished to live a righteous life, in order to make heaven. This advice was given by the General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church , Pastor Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi at the burial of his late wife, Sister Biodun Kumuyi on Friday.

Pastor Kumuyi, who preached at the event held at the International Headquarters of the Church in Ayobo, Lagos, titled the sermon, “The Prayer of the Wise,” quoting from the Book of Numbers 23 and Psalm 112 verse 6.

He said, “You have to live the life of the righteous before you can be like Him. If you are going to heaven, you need righteousness.” Speaking on his late wife, he said, “she accepted me as her teacher, husband and Pastor; that is why it is not difficult for me to preach today.”

He also thanked God that his wife went home on the wings of his preaching and prayers, saying “She went home on the wings of my preaching and prayers. On Wednesday, before her demise, she wanted to go for the Easter retreat, but I told her to stay back at home since the whole process would be transmitted live via the Satellite.

“Thursday, I called her, she responded to my call very brightly, and same on Friday. In fact, those taking care of her were over-joyed at the sudden transformation. They watched as she sang happily, then settled down to listen to the Pastor’s message titled ‘The Shield of Faith’, which stresses protection for believers, pulling down the strongholds and preserv-ation in the shelter of the Almighty Father.

“At the end of the message, she became engrossed in the prayers that followed; and as soon as she heard the final “In Jesus Name,” she said, Amen. Then, she turned her face, shut her eyes and passed to Glory. Then, they called me from the retreat and I returned home, saw her and returned to the camp. She was later interned at the premises of the International Head-quarters of the church in Ayobo, Lagos,” he concluded.

Dignitaries from across the globe attended the ceremony including the Governors of Lagos, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola and his Ogun state counterpart, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Others were General Yakubu Gowon, representative of the Vice President, Venerable Ozoronba, Bishop David Oyedepo, among others.

for SOURCE: Click here
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On Apr 28, 2009
The Kumuyis and the fight of faith
By 'Femi Meyungbe-Olufunmilade

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." - II Timothy 4:7

On Saturday, April 11, 2009, in the middle of the Easter celebration, the Christian world lost one of its pillars in the person of Mrs. Abiodun Kumuyi, wife of the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi.  The passage of this mother of a thousand Christians, though sad, is somehow salutary in that it is reminding many a Christian of the transient nature of their earthly life, that death is a due we must all pay and, that being the case, we must be on 24-hour alert, prepared and ready to meet our God.  This is the summary of the life and teachings of Mrs. Kumuyi and her husband, from whom it is difficult to separate her when reminding ourselves of her life and what she stood for.

That is why rather than title this short piece "Tribute to Mrs. Kumuyi", I deem it more appropriate to adopt a title that encompasses the inseparable duo; for they live alike and preached the same things, the wife unobtrusively always in the background, yet very active, effective, and constantly in motion with her husband like a snail with its shell.

Since Deeper Life began as a fellowship of fifteen Christians at the official residence of the then Dr. Kumuyi, the mathematics lecturer of the University of Lagos in 1973, the consuming passion of the ministry of the Kumuyis has been to return believers to what they would call "the old time religion".  They were troubled by the fact that Christianity in Nigeria as well as in several other countries where their ministry today has its tentacles, has become a mere routine and an empty ritual.  People merely profess that they are Christians and brandish a baptismal name and membership of a Church as evidence of their profession while the fruit of the new life so profound in depth and its manifestations that it is tantamount to being 'born again' or anew, is absent.

It is from this quest to bring about a renewal among Christians that the ministry of the Kumuyis derived its name.  Deeper Life Bible Church, the congregational arm of their ministry, is so named because it is meant to help Christians go beyond the surface and dig further down into the imperatives of Christian life encapsulated in the Holy Writ, the Bible.  For the Kumuyis, it is still possible to live holy and justly like the saints of old.  If you tell them that Nigeria is a different kettle of fish, that this is a place where corruption stinks to high heavens and is well nigh impossible here to be pure, they would point out that so was the ante-deluvian world in which Noah and seven members of his household lived and got qualified for salvation when the tempestuous storm of God's wrath wiped away the entire world.  And so was Sodom and Gomorrah in which only Lot and his family were saved when the incendiary of God's fury wiped away the city.

The Kumuyis would tell you that it is precisely because the world is corrupt that Jesus Christ died to redeem us and that the grace to live holy is still available today if we also are prepared to suffer for what we believe.  If Jesus could die for you, how come you cannot suffer mere delay at a police checkpoint instead of succumbing to extortion? they would query.  How come you would rather not lose a contract you are most qualified to get instead of giving bribe?  As an accountant in a firm, how come you would rather not lose your job, instead of falsifying accounts to please your managing director?  The Kumuyis would ask, "how can we change the world and be its light if we succumb to its evil ways"? They would exegerate that if Christianity is all bread and butter and the pursuit of earthly prosperity being its object as some tend to teach, how come Paul the Apostle enjoins Christians in Timothy 6:12 to "fight the good fight of faith".   How come he went through the ordeals he recounts in II Corinthians 11: 23-28?  And how come Jesus in John 16: 33 says to His followers, "In the world ye shall have tribulation"? Is it not because He knew we would be persecuted for standing for righteousness?

But Christianity is not a faith of fools, the Kumuyis are apt and quick to point out.  Surely, it is no fun to suffer persecution in the hands of corrupt people.  The goal is heaven.  "If they say you are carrying your own Christianity too far because you refuse to compromise righteousness, tell them you have no choice because heaven, which is where you are going, is too far away", Pastor Kumuyi once quipped.  We are striving to be holy because heaven, our eternal home, is a holy place where no unclean thing can enter.  This is our hope and consolation, that after all the toil and buffetings of this sinful world, we shall find eternal rest in the blissful bosom of our Lord.  And we must not be selfish in pursuing this hope. We must preach to win unsaved sinners to be its partakers: our fathers, mothers, siblings, work mates, neighbours, critics, etc.  That is why we must show them love though they persecute us.  "Hate the sin but not the sinner", the Kumuyis would cry.  We must "shout and sing of Christ,  till the whole world knows" and receive Him; for in His "Father's house are many mansions" for all who believe.

As far as the Kumuyis are concerned, instead of complaining about this and that and criticizing our leaders, the most effective way to change Nigeria, nay our world, and make it a better place to live in, is to win our fellow citizens to live righteously for Christ by our exemplary life and by preaching to them; for "righteousness exalts a nation".

I am sure Mrs. Kumuyi is now in heaven, and like Apostle Paul, she can say, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." - II Timothy 4:7.  Adieu, our sweet mother!

Meyungbe-Olufunmilade teaches Political Science at the Igbinedion University, Okada. Edo State.

Source:  http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/26/12.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2009
You can download freely and watch the wake keep and funeral services respectively in the link below see the dignitaries that attended the service and what they said:

www.dclm.org
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by MrCrackles(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2009
I have better things to do, thank all the same! cheesy
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Apr 29, 2009
Abiodun Kumuyi In Glorious Exit Gowon, Fashola, Daniel, Others Extol Virtues
By Marcel Mbamalu

IT was a mixture of sorrow and joy for thousands of Nigerians, including political and religious leaders, who converged at the International Bible Training Centre (IBTC) Ayobo, Lagos to pay their last respects to Abiodun, wife of the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi.

As early as 9 a.m. the 15,000 capacity hall at the Centre was already filled with a solemn congregation from various Christian denominations. Thousands of others littered the church premises waiting eagerly for the burial, which was simultaneously transmitted via satellite and Internet to all the Church's districts in Africa and other parts of the world.

Former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola and his Ogun State counterpart, Gbenga Daniel and the Founding Bishop of Living Faith Church world outreach (Winners Chapel), Dr. David Oyedopo attended the event. They extolled the virtues of the deceased, describing her as a rare gem and woman of God, who served others and above all, God.

The widower (Kumuyi) exhorted the audience to embrace righteousness, through Jesus Christ, as an easy means to eternal life. The cleric said he was consoled by the fact that his wife led a godly life and went home on the wings of his preaching and prayer. " The best story you can ever hear is that your better half has gone to heaven," he said.

"The last message she listened to on the day she died was my message and departed to glory immediately after saying the last 'Amen' to my prayer during the Easter Retreat."

Citing various scriptures, Kumuyi explained the futility of self-righteousness and mere desire to die the death of the righteous without commensurate preparation for a righteous and glorious death as a means to eternal life.

In a message titled, "The Prayer of the Wise," which The Guardian learnt would be circulated in the church's districts, Kumuyi dwelt on the prayers of Balaam, who desired to die the death of the righteous and for his later end to be glorious, but neither made preparation nor asked for the righteous life that would prepare him for heaven.

He insisted that the desire to serve God must not end in mere confession of sins but must be backed by effective prayer and determination to live by the teachings of Christ.

The two sons of the deceased, Jeremiah and John expressed joy that their mother had gone to rest in the bosom of the Lord.

The District Coordinator of the Mafoluku District of the church, Pastor Segun Babatope, who welcomed the dignitaries, described the passing on of Abiodun as a mixture of sorrow and joy for the members. ", Sorrow in the sense that we will miss her as our mother in the Lord here on earth; but joy in the sense that we are certain that she has gone home to rest in the bosom of the Lord."

Gowon, who heads the Nigeria Prayer Movement, described Abiodun as an epitome of godly womanhood. He said: "We admire what she has professed as an example for all Christians and she was a shining example to Christian mothers, who has put her family together. May her soul rest in perfect peace."

Fashola, who promised an immediate repair and dualisation of the Ayobo/Ipaja Road, said the deceased was used by God to achieve great works in the Deeper Life Ministry. "What the Deeper Christian Life Ministry has become testifies to the great work that God has used her to do in the church. So, I believe that this calls for celebration."

Daniel said the people of Ogun State had always taken the church as 'members of the family' and stressed that her children had actually shown they were descendants of great men.

At the burial service and interment were representatives of the Vice President, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan, the wife of the Delta State Governor, Mrs. Roli Uduaghan, her Lagos counterparts Mrs Abimbola Fashola as well as the leaders of other churches, including the Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministry, Rev. Lazarus Muoka.

Oyedepo said the legacy left by the deceased would continue to multiply, according to the word of God, which she professed and defended.

Her body was finally laid to rest at about 1p.m. amid orchestral hymns and songs of ministration.

She died on Saturday, April 11, this year at 57.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article03/indexn2_html?pdate=250409&ptitle=Abiodun%20Kumuyi%20In%20Glorious%20Exit
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by oyizami(f): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2009
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On May 01, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009   The Guardian        

Biodun Kumuyi: Peaceful Exit Of A Jewel
By Chris Irekamba and Isaac Taiwo

WHAT was supposed to be a moment of sorrow and grief turned to a session of testimony, cheerfulness that a jewel has gone home to be with the Lord. It was indeed a solemn moment for those who were challenged by the way she lived her life and ended her sojourn triumphantly.

Mrs. Abiodun Kumuyi was described as a jewel, a mother of many, a sister in the Lord as she was finally laid to rest last Friday. Her final journey was witnessed by many admirers, religious and national leaders as well as teeming members of the church.

The composed nature of the husband, the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi, who defied all odds and still ministered on the very day his late wife was being laid to rest, spurred a journalist to ask him; what was the secret behind his peace at this time.

Kumuyi simply replied: "because I know that my wife, our mother in the Lord, served the Lord and had finished her work and is gone to glory, which is good for her.

"She has gone to be with the Lord whom I love, but who loves her better. The lesson to every Nigerian is that everyone should endeavour to live the way God wants him or her to live so that the departure can be glorious too".

In the sermon delivered at the funeral service, titled 'The Prayer of the Wise', Pastor Kumuyi faulted the character, who prayed that "Let me die the death of the righteous and my latter end to be like his" though this should be the desire of everyone.

Subtitled 'An incomparable prayer', 'An incomplete petition' and 'An incontestable preparation', the cleric emphasised good work, which could only be achieved through salvation before thinking of righteousness.

He acknowledged the fact that no one can achieve the righteousness of God unless by grace, which he explained thus: "an impossible righteousness", 'an imputed righteousness', 'an imparted righteousness', an impartial righteousness' 'an implanted righteousness' and imperishable righteousness'.

He asserted the futility of human strength to attain God's own righteousness, which is essential to enter into heaven. He noted that with humility, man brought nothing into the world and would take nothing out of it. This righteousness, according to him, becomes essential before one dies.

Pastor Kumuyi, who narrated the peaceful way his wife died, said it should be a lesson to all.

Speaking on the occasion, Biodun's first son, Jerry, said, he wept when he was told about the death of his mother. However, since there was nothing he could do, he believed it was the prerogative of the Lord to take her away. He added that it would be selfish on his part to argue with God, moreso as she has gone to rest.

The second son, John said when he got the last message from the mother that 'all is over', he felt that the mum was saying that the sickness and the pains were all over and was surprised to hear the negative.

"Since, she has gone to be with the Lord and is now resting, I do not have to argue with God", he said.

Also, last Wednesday, service of songs was held in her honour at different branches of the church nationwide.

At Mafoluku Garage Group of Districts of the church, seven districts in the old Oshodi came together to participate in the service.

Speaking on the topic: "Living With Eternity In View", the Group District coordinator, Brother Dare Kumuyi, explained that eternity is timeless, an infinite time and a timeless stage, which follows after death. He noted that the moment a man or woman dies, eternity begins. He reminded the congregation that the life of every individual is brief on earth and that whatever they do, they should remember that God is the owner of their lives and He demands true worship from them - holy living and righteousness, he says, is the best way to live on earth.

In the obituary remarks, Sister Bimbola Olagbaiye, said that the late 'Biodun was a mentor to her; she cared so much for her, especially when her husband was sick, she arranged for them to see Pastor Kumuyi. She said that her faith, today has been strengthened by the caring attitude of the late Mrs. Kumuyi. Brother David Ogunade also described her as leader, who would not condone sin, very supportive, diligent, humble and always expecting the Lord's returns. "In 1988, I had a serious challenge in my life and I ran to her, after narrating my problems to her; she counselled me and since then that counsel has kept me going as a Christian."

Another sister, Florence Kumuyi, who worked with her as Woman Mirror magazine staff, said what endeared her to the late National Woman Coordinator of the Church and International Coordinator of Women Ministry in Africa and other continents, was her Godly and decent dressing. "As the head of Woman Mirror magazine, she always insisted that the best should be given to the people we are serving - the women and subscribers. Even when we tried to manage some things, she would ensure that the magazine was decently produced. Before her death, she had produced the edition that will come out in June. She always ensured that the diagram, and the Bible quotations match the theme for the month.

The Wakekeep had held Thursday at the International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos, where it was relayed to the church's branches in Nigeria and outside. Pastor Innocent Obina Nkejika, who delivered the sermon on the theme: 'Keeping our Blessed Hope', emphasised that the hope of uniting with the Creator should be uppermost in the mind of every man.

Dignitaries at the event included the Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), Bishop Mike Okonkwo, General Overseer of Foursquare Gospel Church, Rev. Wilson Badejo, Vice Chancellor of Redeemers' University, Prof. Oyewole Tomori, who represented the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, Senator Mojisola Akinfenwa, Bishop Timothy Yahaya, who represented the Governor of Taraba State and others.
Re: Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Green Pass Required For Access Into Vatican From 1 October( Pix) / Elder (Dr.) T. E. Oyakhilome Has Passed On / Similarities Between Pastors And MMM Top Guiders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.