Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 (26523 Views)

Mtn Configuration For Asha 201.. Please Don't Ignore. / Opera Mini 4.2 Configuration|settings / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 by tudor(m): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2009
Hello,i hav a nokia 6233 phone and i use mtn,i've sent settings to 3888 and they've replied n snt me config,i cn browse with d phone browser but wen i try to use opera,it tells me to subscribe to packet data first;i've even tried to config manually and it still tells me the same stuff, any1 with a solution pls?
Re: Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 by georgio(m): 9:06am On Apr 17, 2009
How to Setup your Phone for Data Services

(GPRS, 3.5G)

You can request for MTN GPRS or 3.5G settings by typing the word SETTINGS as an SMS and send to 3888 at no cost. You will receive an SMS notifying you to save setup information that will be sent thereafter.
Please save the settings as soon as they are delivered to your phone to avoid deleting them in error.

Manual Set Up Instructions

There are some phones that can only be setup manually. To setup your phone manually, you need to enter the following information, as applicable, on your phone: Any device you use needs to be configured to use MTN’s Data Network (the same settings apply to GPRS and 3.5G).
GPRS/3.5G Settings
Account Name = MTN GPRS
IP Address = 10.199.212.2
Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
Username = web
Password = web
Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Domain = mtn.com.ng
MMS Settings

Account Name = MTN MMS
Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Service Centre Address = http://10.199.212.8/servlets/mms
IP Address = 10.199.212.2
Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
Username = web
Password = web
Domain = mtn.com.ng
FAQs

Q. How much does it cost?

A. Multimedia Messaging is charged at N60 per message per recipient and GPRS Traffic is charged at 15k per KB.

Q. Can I use GPRS abroad?

A. Yes, GPRS Roaming is an innovative service that allows you keep your GPRS connection going even when you are abroad. This service is possible in all networks which signed GPRS Roaming Agreement with MTN Nigeria.

Q. The settings have been sent numerous times to my phone but I can’t receive them.

A. It is possible that your phone is not ‘Over-The-Air’ Compatible. This means that your phone cannot process the messages that deliver the settings. Hence you may have to use this guide to manually configure your phone.

Q. I have been able to get my phone configured, but I still can’t seem to connect to the Internet. Why?

A. If your phone was manually configured you may need to check again to be sure that all the settings were properly done.

Q. Whenever I receive the settings, it is stored in my SMS inbox. And I can’t install the settings on my phone.

A. It is possible that your phone is not ‘Over-The-Air’ Compatible. This means that your phone cannot process the messages that deliver the settings. Hence you may have to use this guide to manually configure your phone.

Q. Why do I lose connection in the middle of a WAP session?

A. This can be as a result of:

Difficulties in connection to the particular WAP site you are browsing.
Signal problem when connecting.
Time out of the WAP session.
You may have to retry your connection.
Q. Why can’t I connect to sites that I was able to connect to before?

A. It may be possible that some of these sites have restrictions by the site owners or the site is down at the time you were trying to browse.
There may also be issues relating to signals where you are trying to browse from.

Q. I have fixed dialing on my phone, why can’t I access the Internet?

A. You may not be able to access the Internet using MTN GPRS when fixed dialing is enabled. Therefore, it is best that you disable same before trying to access the Internet.

Q. How can I check how many bytes/kilobytes I have used so far?

A. Some phones will display the amount of bytes/kilobytes sent and received while browsing. Other phones do not come with this function. Some Internet sites also inform you of the size of a page before it is downloaded.

Q. What is the maximum size of an MMS message?

A. The limit of an MMS per recipient is 100kb.

Q. I am getting an error ‘No Gateway response’. What should I do?

A. This maybe as a result of the GPRS settings not being properly installed on your phone. Or you may have selected a Web page while on a WAP session. Please confirm that your phone has the correct GPRS settings and you have entered the correct (WAP/Web) site.

Q. Why am I getting an error – Connection failed?

A. It is possible that you are not within an area receiving MTN GPRS/MMS coverage.

Q. What does File Format unknown mean? T

A. This means that you are trying to download a site that contains information in a format that cannot be handled by your phone.

Q. Can I send an MMS to other Networks?

A. Not yet. This would be possible as soon as MTN enters into the relevant agreements with other networks

(1) (Reply)

My Whatsapp Is Currently Down. Could It Be What I'm Thinking? / Ntel Opens More Outlets,unveils Unlimited Data Plans / How To Fix "App Not Installed " Error On Android Phones..step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.