Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Music Producers Only (out Of Bounds To All) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Producers Only (out Of Bounds To All) (542 Views)

Top 5 Best Music Producers In Nigeria 2017 / New Whatsapp Group Brings Together Music Producers And Artists Accros Nigeria / # NOTE #: Real Producers Only...pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Producers Only (out Of Bounds To All) by theMusicNerd(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
This thread is for nigerian music producers. Let's discuss and share our Strenghts, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats here.

I personally have a thing for samples (i.e. '.wav' files) I have some 5000 of 'em and still looking for more!

Next, lemme categorise producers into 5 major sound signals:
1. SAWs; Saw producers are very good in electronic music, ßuh the tend towards 'chordy' 'string-filled' instrumentals, and the like. Eg. Cobams,Sarz,Calvin Harris, David Guetta.

2. SINEs; sines are producers who give u the 'cool' feel, the are the piano guyz. Bad ass basslines in their songs and some emphasis on percussion. Eg Masterkraft, DJ Coublon.

3. SQUAREs; the square producer is an electronic producer ßuh tends towards other genres of electronic such as dubstep, trapstep, drum and bass etc. and also to afro pop Eg. Skrillex,

4. TRIANGLEs; they are mainly the trap-style producers using a lot of high end sounds and give a lot of attention to their kicks and snares and hi-hats. Eg. Mike Will,DJ Mustard
DJ Snake

5. NOISEs; noise producers... Well the make noise, in that they use a lotta FXs in their work and no real attention to the music itself. Eg. Major Lazer, SamKlef,

6. TheMusicNerd. Yes people I'm in a category of my own! Lol. I'm very versatile.

P.S. This is not a total compendium

Feel free to add yours. Some categorise into percussion and string based producers also. And of course by genres too.
Re: Music Producers Only (out Of Bounds To All) by virda: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Music Producers Only (out Of Bounds To All) by Chrisdmeek(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ok I like this alot.

But what about the sample heads like 9th Wonder and myself grin. I'm not good on the keys, matter of fact, I can't play the damn keys now so I always go with sampling them old records. I make straight up hip-hop beats (that old skool sh!t). I guess cos It's the ones I listen to and got influenced.

It's really sad tho, cos that type of sh!t really don't sell here embarassed. I go to bed praying that God connects me with the Next Mode9 who really want to make music for the love.

Nevertheless, I still make trap music too, just to satisfy the audience. And I like atmospheric stuffs so my beats go thru that path.

I hope to enroll for piano lessons real soon
Re: Music Producers Only (out Of Bounds To All) by victor2fresh(m): 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Bro can i hav ur num via whatsapp..i rily wnt to 2go in2 music production cos av got a lot of passion 4it..ama nid ur hlp...maybe tutorials pls

(1) (Reply)

Syke-fantastic / 2324xclusive Update: Download 2324xclusive.com Hot Freestyle Ft NG Oyeukwu - Pr / Would You Go To This Hospital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.