Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? (19555 Views)

Nigeria .ng Domains Hit 100,973 / Change Your Blog Domain From ..com To .com Or .net In A Jiffy / Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? by gopius: 11:03am On Jan 08, 2016
jimi4us:
be careful when searching for domain name on whogohost, as usual Naija people always want to play a fast one on people. i discovered that any time i seach for a nice name on whogohost.com 1 week later someone from their office will grab it before you do. picture below its an evidence of my claim. i searched for a domain name (bingo.com.ng) 3 days later it was taken by one Collins Adetuberu who work in whogohost office.

so guys my advice is, if you are not ready to pay for the domain name under 24hrs don't even think of searching for it in Nigerian domain sellers. eg web4africa or whogohost.
#truetalk my brother
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? by Bingostaff: 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
Beware of this ecommerce called bingo.com.ng.its front scam belonging to one collins adetuberu the C.E.O of Royalmix international limited which is also a scam,this man has been defrauding investors and business owners with his get rich quick business scams,on top of it he employs all the human resources he needs and doesnt pay them,he stays in lekki phase one admiralty way off africa lane after scamming he goes to hiding or changes his office address,he currently owes over 50 staffs and has refused to make any single payments since last year november he stopped them with no reason and hasnt said anything ,he signed up stores to his ecommerce who paid the compnay for a year subscription service,where all the money went to nobody knows,this is just a warning to people who are looking for jobs and also business owners and investors,this man is currently desperate for more people to use and scam.anyone dealing with him is doing so at their own disadvantage.
@jummy lizzy
EFCC
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
@naijanewstrend

1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? by tunnypop(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
Well using .com.ng or .ng extension is okay for me, provided my direct competitor is not on the .com extension.

Meanwhile i just got domaining.com.ng any advice what to do with it?
Blog or domain forum? Or any other ideas?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How 10 Big Websites Looked 15 Years Ago / Facebook Approves ₦3.6B Annually For Zuckerberg's Family Security, Bodyguards / Fisayo Fosudo Interviews Arun Maini (MrWhoseTheBoss), UK's Biggest Tech Youtuber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.