Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Your God Is Too Small - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your God Is Too Small (18988 Views)

Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! / "T.B Joshua Is Too Small" - Apostle Johnson Suleman (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your God Is Too Small by menesheh(m): 12:14am On Sep 30, 2015
chalantmike:
God is an experience, a state, how do yhu know i dont believe in the existence of other deities?. The reason yhu do not believe in a god/God is cause yhu cant experience it, that state.

The reason i dont believe in a god is because i can't experience that state right?
Therefore it is irrelevant to me. I never for once try deterring you from believing anything but my concern is why do you believe such and still trying so hard to convince others to start believing a concept you claimed required a state of experience to come by it, with faith.

Lemma ask yhu a question, answer it and yhull get yhur answer on fact and fact.

HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE ALIVE? WHAT EVIDENCE CAN YHU GIVING TO YOUR EXISTANCE?.

What an intelligent silly question.

I know am alive because am chating with you, and not only that you can testify to that, others too can testify to it. If am not alive,, i will not be here chatting with. I know this by contrasting the tendencies of other living and non-living matter, in terms of responding to impulses.

Here is a thing about existence, human as the only intelligent being here on earth that is capable of thinking about why they are here, have been tracing their origin based on evidence they are capable of laying our hand on. The same way police would launch an investigation in a crime scene in order trace the lead based on evidences gathered within, so as to ascertain the perpetrator, motive and methods used in such crime despite being absent when such crime happened.

To the possible best i can account for our existence is based on evolution by natural selection. It is evidence based, not taking a superstitious story with faith.

Faith + unverified assertions = gullibility

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your God Is Too Small by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 30, 2015
HUMANS.... If you cant understand it you cant believe it. There in lies our fault. You cant belive in God because you view him as you view yourself : weak, powerless,a lesser being.
Answer me this, is it more comforting to believe that this infinitesimal galaxy came from a BIG BANG, than to believe that someone is capable of such immense power,love and faithfulness.
Open your eyes, you know nothing of what you think you know.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

The God of the bible did not create the universe in which we live in. Go and read his creation account as stated in Genesis. That was not how the universe in which we live in was created.

and how was the universe in which we live in created, oh knowledgeable one
Re: Your God Is Too Small by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 30, 2015
menesheh:

The reason i dont believe in a god is because i can't experience that state right?
Therefore it is irrelevant to me. I never for once try deterring you from believing anything but my concern is why do you believe such and still trying so hard to convince others to start believing a concept you claimed required a state of experience to come by it, with faith.

What an intelligent silly question.

I know am alive because am chating with you, and not only that you can testify to that, others too can testify to it. If am not alive,, i will not be here chatting with. I know this by contrasting the tendencies of other living and non-living matter coming to response to impulses.

Here is a thing about existence, human as the only intelligent being here on earth that is capable of thinking about why they are here, have been tracing their existence based on evidence they are capable of laying our hand on. The same way police would launch an investigation in a crime scene in order trace the lead based on evidences gathered within, so as to ascertain the perpetrator, motive and methods used in such crime despite being absent when such crime happened.

To the possible best i can account for existence is based on evolution by natural selection. It is evidence based, not taking a superstitious story with faith.

Faith + unverified assertions = gullibility
plz. Yhu guys flatter yhurself too much, i couldnt careless whether or not yhu believe in the existence of God, am even tryna, why are you guys too seeking every opportunity to discredit his existence? Then later point accusing fingers.

As to the question, your answer is relative, meaning you do not know to that question, no matter the answer you give anyway it is bond to be subjective, you are alive cause you are aware, there is no evidence to yhu been alive, you been alive is a state of consciousness YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ALIVE.. The prove or fact of yhu been alive debatable anyway anytime "check". Yhu eating, breathing, typing does not prove yhu are alive, cause all those is subjective, are coma victim alive?, is a virus a living thing or non living thing?.
I might be chatting with a problem right now, a nairaland script created by seun, someone might be impersonating yhu, the possibilities are endless, even when if i see yhu in person, your existence is still debating cause the question will just evite to me.
HOW DO I KNOW HIS ALIVE, HOW DO I KNOW AM ALIVE.

YOU GUYS MAKE POOR ATHEIST, ATHEIST ARE ALWAYS ON THE LOGICAL EDGE OF CAUSING HEADACHE AND GIVING AN ARGUMENT WITHOUT BACK DOOR. BUT YHU GUYS THROW INSULTS AS DEFENCE, AND QUESTION THE RELATIVE OF HIS EXISTENCE WHEN THERE IS NO WAY OUT.
ATHEIST OF OLD WERE CAPABLE OF SENDING MEN TO THINK FOR MONTHS, WEEKS JUST TO GET AN ANSWER
Re: Your God Is Too Small by menesheh(m): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2015
chalantmike:
plz. Yhu guys flatter yhurself too much, i couldnt careless whether or not yhu believe in the existence of God, am even tryna, why are you guys too seeking every opportunity to discredit his existence? Then later point accusing fingers.

As to the question, your answer is relative, meaning you do not know to that question, no matter the answer you give anyway it is bond to be subjective, you are alive cause you are aware, there is no evidence to yhu been alive, you been alive is a state of consciousness YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ALIVE.. The prove or fact of yhu been alive debatable anyway anytime "check". Yhu eating, breathing, typing does not prove yhu are alive, cause all those is subjective, are coma victim alive?, is a virus a living thing or non living thing?.
I might be chatting with a problem right now, a nairaland script created by seun, someone might be impersonating yhu, the possibilities are endless, even when if i see yhu in person, your existence is still debating cause the question will just evite to me.
HOW DO I KNOW HIS ALIVE, HOW DO I KNOW AM ALIVE.

YOU GUYS MAKE POOR ATHEIST, ATHEIST ARE ALWAYS ON THE LOGICAL EDGE OF CAUSING HEADACHE AND GIVING AN ARGUMENT WITHOUT BACK DOOR. BUT YHU GUYS THROW INSULTS AS DEFENCE, AND QUESTION THE RELATIVE OF HIS EXISTENCE WHEN THERE IS NO WAY OUT.
ATHEIST OF OLD WERE CAPABLE OF SENDING MEN TO THINK FOR MONTHS, WEEKS JUST TO GET AN ANSWER

Naivety
Re: Your God Is Too Small by menesheh(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2015
Phayme:
HUMANS.... If you cant understand it you cant believe it. There in lies our fault. You cant belive in God because you view him as you view yourself : weak, powerless,a lesser being.
Answer me this, is it more comforting to believe that this infinitesimal galaxy came from a BIG BANG, than to believe that someone is capable of such immense power,love and faithfulness.
Open your eyes, you know nothing of what you think you know.

Truth don't seek your comfort. You may believe something for good or bad reasons. That doesn't make any different whether or not your believes are true.

Would you rather believe something without evidence than things with evidence and prove?

I believe i can fly = no evidence to show for that

I believe plane can fly = enough evidence to that assertion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your God Is Too Small by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 30, 2015
menesheh:

Naivety
i prefer SMH.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by Fabrepass(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
waldigit:

I like taking on Atheist, but obviously not intelectually dwarf ones.

If you have anything upstairs, you wouldn't assume that anyone who criticizes or exposes christianity is an Atheist. YOUR IGNORANCE IS SO PATHETIC. GROW UP.
Re: Your God Is Too Small by menesheh(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Fabrepass:

If you have anything upstairs, you wouldn't assume that anyone who criticizes or exposes christianity is an Atheist. YOUR IGNORANCE IS SO PATHETIC. GROW UP.

If you are not an atheist,

"THE BATTLE BETWEEN TWO EVILS IS SERIOUSLY RAGING"
Re: Your God Is Too Small by djdoxxx(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
chalantmike:
point been science,Technology,logic, intelligence is mans way of compensating for the care and protection of God, which he lost, a child does not have to work when he has his father, nor keep awake when his father is on guide.

The bible is cryptic thats why logic will fail yhu, depending on how you attack it, nothing is exactly literal, thats where even the Christians miss it, and that where the holy spirit comes in.

The story of the garden of eden is a story of a state, a fellowship, communion between man and God.

God said if yhu eat this fruit, you will surely die, did Adam and Eve die?, something transpire right there what is that?. Why wasnt eve eyes open when she alone ate the fruit, why was it when adam ate with her that there eyes got opened?.
You Tell Us!
Re: Your God Is Too Small by Fabrepass(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2015
menesheh:

If you are not an atheist,

"THE BATTLE BETWEEN TWO EVILS IS SERIOUSLY RAGING"

TWO EVILS AS IN?
Re: Your God Is Too Small by OtemAtum: 2:38am On Oct 11, 2021
If I was active in religious section of nairaland the year the OP opened this thread, I would have aggressively attacked him for attacking Yahweh. Hmm. Not knowing that this is a precursor to the imprisonment of Yahweh aka Jehovah who is now bound in his spiritual cage.

I'm happy nature is exposing the gods of religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" / Do Newborn Babies Go To Heaven When They Die / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.