Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. (15653 Views)

I Want To Sell My Blog + The Naija Adsense On It. / My Killer Secret Of Making Money Without Adsense On My Blog(appwealthng) / Youtube Introduces Strict Rules For Approving Adsense On Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by iwriterng(m): 1:08am On Sep 25, 2015
Let’s face it, a larger percentage of bloggers are into it for the money, while many bloggers would instantly deny this fact, it still doesn’t change the fact that earning few cents while doing what you supposedly “like” won’t hurt in anyway.

For over five years, I have been online, I started by monetizing my content on hubpages with Google AdSense, I gained insight into various means of making money online, and I can unequivocally (big word eh?) tell you that; as at the time of writing this, AdSense is one of the poorest way of monetizing your website.

Don’t get me wrong, I make money from AdSense through various niche sites and it’s as good as it could be; to make money from few passive blogs.

But for a new blog or established authority site with numerous valuable contents and growing audience; the greatest mistake a blogger can make is to rely on AdSense for monetization.

A friend of mine run a food blog where she shares various recipes on weekly basis, and at the end of the month, she shares her monthly income report post. I analyzed three of her income report, and it was very obvious that she was making peanut from Google AdSense, while other monetizing sources were bringing in couple of dollars every month. As a matter of fact, there are months when she gets paid as much $200, for photo license of her recipes.

Sequel to my observation, I advised her to get rid of the AdSense ads and replace it with affiliate links, and the income increased by 30% within a month. She didn’t push sales through her email; all she did was replacing the Google AdSense Banner with an Affiliate banner.

STRESSFUL:

Other than the poor revenue Google pays publisher, it should be noted that it is becoming extremely difficult to get a Google AdSense account as of late. You keep applying, and they won’t hesitate rejecting your application.
The reason for this is not far-fetched; Google has enough publishers already, and they don’t need new blogs with few contents in wasting their customers’ resources. So they allow computer to automatically analyze your application and trash it with an auto generated rejection email.
Instead of wasting your precious time in applying over and over again, you can invest your energy into something more productive.

POOR REVENUE:

It’s plainly simple! Google revenue is very poor! Especially if your traffic is from any of the third tier countries (Africa, Asia and East Europe). Y
ou can earn as low as $0.01 per click, now tell me, how many clicks would get you a decent $100 per month? Take into account that the number of clicks is directly proportional to the volume of traffic coming to your blog.

If you’re earning a decent amount from the AdSense revenue right now, then you can actually earn more if you consider other monetization methods. To show that Google is paying peanut for all your effort, calculate your RPM (Revenue per Millie) using this simple formula:

Total Profit ÷ Total Pageviews x 1000 = RPM

If your current RPM is less than $5, and your only monetization method is Google, then Google you’re being enslaved by Google.

INCREASED BOUNCE RATE:

When a visitor click on ads on your blog, you eventually lose the reader to other website for few cents, which in-turn increases your blog bounce rate. Increased bounce rate is not good for your blog SEO.

There is no standard evidence that Google uses the amount of time visitors spend on a post to calculate to position of blog post on search engine report page, what is proven however is that, longer blog post (2000+ words ) tends to rank higher on Google search compared to short post.

So here is the irony, Google pays you token to send your readers to their advertisers website and in-turn they penalize your blog post because people are leaving it to visit other websites.

YOU LOSE MONEY:

When you rely on Google AdSense, you end up losing money in the long run.

Big blogger ditched Google AdSense years ago, because they discovered they were losing money rather than gaining.

Building an authority blog takes time and effort, while building such blog; you would eventually end up building a huge list of loyal readers that would follow your advice and recommendation religiously. Such readers are like gold mine when you have them on your email list.

Having an email list allows you to advertise or promote products (Yours or others) anytime without losing readers on your blog. You mostly send the affiliate link to their email, so your bounce rate is not in danger as you earn decent income from product promotion.

If Google AdSense isn’t the best way to monetize a blog, how then can you profit from new/established blog?

I won’t write extensively on this, as it would be a pointer to my next blog post. But here are few ways of making serious money from your blog besides AdSense.

Affiliate Links

Promoting your own product

Sponsored Post

Reviews e.t.c.

Source: Google Adsense Alternativehttp://www.oksprout.com/2015/09/google-adsense-alternative.html

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Warlord3000(m): 3:20am On Sep 25, 2015
Hnmmn ... Nice write up
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by chichriso: 8:44am On Sep 25, 2015
I greatly agree with the OP
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2015
i disagree adsense pays alot you can be in any country but you need to be in the right niche, not all keywords pay the same. some of my small sites getting 5000 pageviews a day out performs my big site averaging at 30000 pageviews a day in adsense.

iwriterng:

I won’t write extensively on this, as it would be a pointer to my next blog post. But here are few ways of making serious money from your blog besides AdSense.

Affiliate Links

Promoting your own product

Sponsored Post

Reviews e.t.c.

do yo know how extremely difficult it is to make money with the things you just mentioned.
number 1 affiliate marketing is based on performance(CPA,CPL) you can get 100 000 pageviews to your site with 5000 clicks and get $0 they don't pay for pageviews or clicks its basically robbing you of your hard earned traffic its easier to slap adsense there and relax even the lowest paying keywords will get you something better than nothing.

promoting products is difficult for your average joe they better off with adsense as long as they have traffic.reviews sponsored posts are not ideal for your avaerage blogs theres no clear blueprint on how to make money on these. are you making alot of money from these? i personally think you can be making more on adsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by jeeqaa7(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
Wubbish

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
K
What is this nigga saying sef

*runs out*

Lemme go and open my own blog!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Richie0974: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
I thought Google adsense was the best for bloggers undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by jimi4us: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
denzmark are you alright? is that how they calculate affiliate payout?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
If you are here to read comments Kneel down

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by NgreportsBlog(m): 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
[TRUE STORY]: How I Slept WIth My Boyfriend’s Cousin And Became A Lesbian
http://ngreports.com/true-story-how-i-slept-with-my-boyfriends-cousin-and-became-a-lesbian/
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
jimi4us:
g
so wicked ... so person write all this thing finish the only thing wey u fit write an "g" grin dia is God ooo

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by kay29000(m): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
I totally disagree with this post. People keep talking about Affiliate this, Affiliate that...Please show me bloggers that are making constant money via posting affiliate links and banners on their blogs/websites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by yomalex(m): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
Many peolpe will not agree
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by james809: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
hmmmmm... i wrote about adsense alternative some few days ago but majority of people disagreed with me. while i agree with the op that adsense pays peanut compared to other sources , the method quoted above is extremely difficult to earn from cos they are more of CPA. so you can send tons of visitors over without earning a dime. i will still recommend popunders with delayed launch as that's a guaranteed method of earning passively.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by shumuel(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Really ?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by talk2hb1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
lipsrsealed
Why did you think the like of Seun, Linda Ikeji dropped Google Adsense?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by D34lw4p(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
following
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by prettytasha(f): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by miqos02(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
hmmm
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by DJBIGGY(m): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
talk2hb1:
lipsrsealed

EH? Who told you linda aint using adsense? she still has them running well but most of her ads are from nigerian sponsored adverts

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
prettytasha:
smiley

<?php

echo "Damn Girl!<br><br>";

?>

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by fxbot: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
denzmark:
i disagree adsense pays alot you can be in any country but you need to be in the right niche, not all keywords pay the same. some of my small sites getting 5000 pageviews a day out performs my big site averaging at 30000 pageviews a day in adsense.

do yo know how extremely difficult it is to make money with the things you just mentioned.
number 1 affiliate marketing is based on performance(CPA,CPL) you can get 100 000 pageviews to your site with 5000 clicks and get $0 they don't pay for pageviews or clicks its basically robbing you of your hard earned traffic its easier to slap adsense there and relax even the lowest paying keywords will get you something better than nothing.

promoting products is difficult for your average joe they better off with adsense as long as they have traffic.reviews sponsored posts are not ideal for your avaerage blogs theres no clear blueprint on how to make money on these. are you making alot of money from these? i personally think you can be making more on adsense.
you are wrong in some of your assertions
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by kay29000(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
denzmark:

God bless you for this comment. I was going to type something along this lines, but you have said it all.
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by babymattas: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
tribal football
Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by iwriterng(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
denzmark:

No, it's not difficult to make decent income from affiliate marketing. The key is to target the right audience and you will earn enough to cater for your bills. If you promote a product that would benefit your audience, you don't need a thousand pageviews to earn good income, as a matter of fact, when it comes to affiliate marketing, the fewer and targeted the audience is, the higher your income.

Take for instance you're promoting a hosting account product, and your blog is about "blogging", if you write an evergreen post on how to set up a blog with comprehensive guide on setting up a hosting account, you would agree with me that a newbie would prefer to follow your affiliate link to set up his/her hosting account, then searching for hosting company online.

If you know your onions, creating your own product won't be a difficult task, and promoting it won't be difficult as well. All you need is to gain the trust of your audience, and you would have a stable source of income, compared to gaining Google trust. When you rely on Google; every update will give you hyper/hypotension, because you have no idea what animal will hit you this time around; penguin, panda e.t.c.

Yes! You can make cool money from sponsored post as well, check the picture attached, that a sample, and I get about three or four of this request per month. Now tell me, how many bloggers earn $500 per month from adsense without busting their assss?

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by kay29000(m): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
talk2hb1:
lipsrsealed

False intel. Linda Ikejis still has google adsense on her blog. And about Seun dropping adsense, his website is HUGE, and it wasn't making sense depending on google adsense again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. by prosperbiafra(m): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
U are right !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easy Way To Convert Image Texts To Normal Plain Texts / Differences Between Http And Https Websites / Width Auto Resize To Fit Screen (CSS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.