Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage (22900 Views)

In Kebbi, 71 Schoolgirls Hospitalised Over Food Poisoning / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / After-meal Exercise May Reduce Heart Disease Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Islie: 7:40am On Sep 25, 2015
From Aloysius Attah, Onitsha

A 13-year-old primary school pupil has been confirmed dead, while 20 others are battling for life in different hospitals in Enugu-Ezike in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, after eating at a traditional marriage ceremony last weekend.

Trouble started after the traditional marriage of Obiageli (surname witheld) when her in-laws departed to their hometown, Nrobo in Nsukka Council area. About 30 people, who ate the soup prepared for the entertainment of guests, were said to have started complaining of serious stomach upset.
Things got worse around 3 am, when many guests began stooling and vomiting blood, causing pandemonium among the villagers.

The girl, who was at the wedding, reportedly gave up the ghost before medical assistance could be sought, while others were rushed to different hospitals in Aji and Ogrute communities.
One of the in-laws to the family of the newly married woman, Emmanuel Odo nwa Urama a.k.a Ite ego, who narrated what happened to Daily Sun, stated that contrary to the earlier report that six people died after taking pork served in the home of the celebrant, only one person has been confirmed dead. He stated that he also ate the pork without any sign of trouble.

Odo, however, stated that three of his children who ate the soup were affected, adding that there was strong suspicion that the soup was poisoned.
He confirmed that the bride, Obiageli, returned from her husband’s home the next morning with swollen legs and other complications, but her situation was being handled with traditional and orthodox medicines.

According to him, the bride’s family has vowed to get to the root of the matter by any possible means so as to ascertain what actually happened.
Other victims who were said to be recovering in the hospital included uncle of the newly married girl, Anthony, his wife, Ijeoma and children.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/one-die-20-hospitalised-after-meal-at-traditional-marriage/
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2015
now d scientific explanation 4ds is food poisoning... spiritual explanation is dat some pple didn't actually like d fact dey were getting married... anyways God go still win at d end..wishing dem quick recovery and rip 2d dead...
**modified **...wow am FTC on FP tread... guys stop hustling for FTC it wld only leave u in d corridors of new post page like a predator u wld searching 4 ur prey (FP worthy post)..buh all d same it feels good..lolzz

15 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 25, 2015
This is damn serious! shocked

That's it, no more eating in any party again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I can't deal u know.. undecided undecided

May the small girl soul RIP cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by ijustdey: 7:49am On Sep 25, 2015
the joy of the bride have been shattered.

this will leave a stigma for ever,

3 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by chymystique(f): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2015
Whats happening to Igbo eze community? Since these past few weeks they ve been in the news for bad things... This is the handwork of a member of the family. This situation almost happened in my family few yrs back. I pray that God restores good health on them that are ill Amen!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by greatness22(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2015
Dear Lord! Why dis tin come happen now wen i dey go OgheneTega grand mama burial 2moro.....? And na "party rice" dey sweet pass.

12 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Greatzeus(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2015
Though i walk thru the shadow of death,i will fear no evil...but wait ohh why i waka go there in the first place undecided

3 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by okooloyun1(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2015
This is serious
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Dottore: 8:09am On Sep 25, 2015
When the caterer is the grooms ex or a relative of the bride's heartbroken ex, what do u expect.

6 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Icecomrade: 8:09am On Sep 25, 2015
Another reason why I don't eat public food at. Ceremonies.

A bottle of drink is okay for me if I am forced to take anything.

Some people on this Nairaland are recipe for this kind of misfortune. They querell and grudge over food when they attend ceremonies.

God preserve innocent souls

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Dindondin(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2015
ok
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Temieasy(m): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2015
This space is booked, beware of the poster below me...
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by lightheart(m): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2015
Reminds me of 2face's 'Man unkind'.
Sad! I wish them all quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by denisbath(m): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2015
k
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by mosho2good: 8:11am On Sep 25, 2015
i blame gej for this

2 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Adesiji77: 8:11am On Sep 25, 2015
shocked
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by sotall(m): 8:12am On Sep 25, 2015
if you ask me ...I would say they ate what we call " okpokhiyor"
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2015
Money ritual things as usual by the flaties..Rip to the dead tho.
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by BCISLTD: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2015
angry enugu ezike...I heard a lot of funny stories about that place during my time at UNN...so nothing happened to the bride's family. ..hmmmm

Check out my ride

https://www.nairaland.com/2620472/toks-07-08-benz-gl450

1 Like

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by seedorfg(m): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2015
when the gods haven't give you a go ahead
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by APCREP: 8:13am On Sep 25, 2015
Ogun kill ou do this thing

Any body that will want to ruin my marriage for me [color=#990000][/color]holy ghost FIRE OOOOO

1 Like

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Lovexme(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2015
One reason I almost do not attend weddings of any kind. It most likely is a case of food poisoning.

Condolences to the parents of the deceased.
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by kingthreat(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2015
Too much ill news coming out of the East, West, South and North of the country. It's like wickedness is really having a field day in Nigeria. Well I wont stop saying these lines of the Lords prayer

"Lead us not into temptation.
But deliver us from EVIL"

1 Like

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by OduntanGabriel(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2015
I won't be eating at parties again, make atenuje no kill me

1 Like

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by prettytasha(f): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2015
shocked
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by kingthreat(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2015
Greatzeus:
Though i walk thru the shadow of death,i will fear no evil...but wait ohh why i waka go there in the first place undecided

You can never tell, the spot you are in can be the valley of the shadow of death the next minute and make Nairaland frontpage for bad news. Its God that protects. Believe it or not.

2 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by sanandreas(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2015
See shocked
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by ruggedtimi(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2015
there was a traditional wedding in my area last year..the groom is a very rich man and also known to be a cultist ( ogboni ). The bride's parents died same day of the wedding due to food poisoning. But the rumour is the man killed them for rituals.

3 Likes

Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by milky3(f): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2015
Ogaa o
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:24am On Sep 25, 2015
Pathetic
RIP to the dead
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by menesheh(m): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2015
Waw

It is hight time NAFDAC have to condescend down to start checking cooked food meant for public consumption as the cases of ceremonies, wedding, birthday party etc. Not only going after drugs and mr bigs kind of food and drugs.
Re: One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage by j4sure(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2015
noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.