Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

My Labour Experience. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Labour Experience. (14046 Views)

Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? / This Is What You Do When Your Best Friend Is In Labour... / Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gboliwe:
Awwwwww! kiss

Every man especially the die hard misogynist should read this.
As what, I ask.

Won't they get pregnant again..?
Is it not their birth right. .?

What about the MEN who FVCK all through the night to get u pregnant.....?
Is it easy.... .?
Re: My Labour Experience. by lilmax(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:
They still call me DO SOMETHING
All the time I was there after birth
I was squirting
Found the fluid flowing
grin grin grin
My labor was drama
Doc do something
I can't see again
I won't do it again oooo

Nooooooo
Never
Doctor oo
Otijabo ooooo
grin
Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:
I was squirting
Found the fluid flowing
grin grin grin
My labor was drama
Doc do something
I can't see again
I won't do it again oooo
Nooooooo
Never
Doctor oo
Otijabo ooooo
You gat me ROTFL actually on the cushion
Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
lilmax:
My labor experience
Don't go there.
BTW we are brodas, I just senior u ni. Check my dp.
Re: My Labour Experience. by Dyt(f): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
lilmax:
grin

graciousolo:

You gat me ROTFL actually on the cushion

I was misyarning
grin grin grin
Doc said what do I need do again
Its already there

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:

I was misyarning
grin grin grin
Doc said what do I need do again
Its already there
Aunty Do Something cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by Dyt(f): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
graciousolo:

Aunty Do Something cheesy

Lmao
I hope my name won't change to do something here oo
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:

Lmao I hope my name won't change to do something here oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't hope ooo because me iyaf marked ur face sorry monicker.
Re: My Labour Experience. by Vikky014(f): 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
eyinjuege:
I remember one of my ogas while she was in labour. She and her husband are medical doctors by the way. This woman started running around the labour room stark naked and the husband was running after her with a wrapper to cover herself. If you see the way she was swearing for the man and warning him if he should dare come near her with that wrapper... grin grin
The poor guy seriously thought she had run mad!!!
hahahahahahaha. this is funny
Re: My Labour Experience. by Vikky014(f): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:
They still call me DO SOMETHING All the time I was there after birth I was squirting Found the fluid flowing grin grin grin My labor was drama Doc do something I can't see again I won't do it again oooo Nooooooo Never Doctor oo Otijabo ooooo
hahahahaha. may God help us ooo.
Re: My Labour Experience. by Rocktation(f): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
God bless you, OP.

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
My labour experience. . . hmmmmnn

Got into the labour room and was given epidural. I was feeling all cool and dandy, was even taking selfies and sending to friends and family. For my mind, i come dey say "so na so labour be, na him all this women go just dey complain anyhow, making mountain out of a molehill, mstcheeew". I honestly felt they were exaggerating. Time came and i couldn't push with the epidural, so they took it out and I had to push without any pain relieving medications.

Well, let's just say, I went to hell and came back. The 'Hebrew women' went on break that day and left me to my fate. angry At some point, I stopped pushing and told them I wanted a CS cos I was totally exhausted and out of breath. I was shivering all over and couldn't control it. Told them to turn on the heater in the room, they did but I was still shivering. Mehn, it still remains the scariest few hours of my life.

They were just petting and encouraging me, saying everything looked normal and there was no indication for CS. I wasn't having any of it and still insisted on having a CS. The nurse, in a bid to convince me that my baby's head was close, took one of my fingers and touched it. shocked It felt surreal. I was so happy knowing how close I was to holding my baby in my arms.

That moment, I told myself it is now or never. I was going to give it the final push. I gave my life to Christ . . .yet again and gave it the push of my life. The head popped and they were all shouting to not push again so I don't get torn and that they were going to help guide the rest of his body out. Whether na Igbo or hausa those ones dey speak, i no even hear. I was in excruciating pain that I just wanted to get it over and done with. I gave it another hard push and everything came out and tore me badly. I didn't care. I was just too happy it was over to bother about how badly torn I was.

Now, I've him and he truly is the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. kiss

32 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by corisande: 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
Phema:

Got into the labour room and was given epidural. I was feeling all cool and dandy, was even taking selfies and sending to friends and family. For my mind, i come dey say "so na so labour be na him all this women go just dey complain anyhow. Making mountain out of a molehill, mstcheeew". I honestly felt they were exaggerating. Time came and i couldn't push with the epidural, so they took it out and I had to push without any pain relieving medications.

Well, let's just say, I went to hell and came back. The Hebrew women went on break that day and left me to my fate. grin At some point, I stopped pushing and told them I wanted a CS cos I was totally exhausted and out of breath. I was shivering all over and couldn't control it. Told them to turn on the heater in the room, they did but I was still shivering. Mehn, it still remains the scariest few hours of my life.

They were just petting and encouraging me, saying everything looked normal and there was no indication for CS. I would have none of it. Insisted I wanted a CS. The nurse said my baby's head was close, took one of my fingers and touched it. shocked I was so happy i was close to holding my baby in my arms. That moment, I told myself I was going to give it the final push. I gave my life to Christ . . .again and gave it the hardest push. The head popped and they were all shouting to not push again so I don't get torn and that they were going to help guide the rest of his body out. Whether na Igbo or hausa those ones dey speak, i no even hear. I gave it another push and everything came out and tore me seriously. I didn't even care. I was just too happy it was over to even bother about how torn I was.

Now, I've him and he truly is the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me.

Awwwwww!
ma'm this touched me
*teary eyes*
Re: My Labour Experience. by 5minsmadness: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:
I was squirting
Found the fluid flowing
grin grin grin
My labor was drama
Doc do something
I can't see again
I won't do it again oooo
Nooooooo
Never
Doctor oo
Otijabo ooooo

*spills vodka
Bwahahahhahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by Acidosis(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dyt:
They still call me DO SOMETHING All the time I was there after birth I was squirting Found the fluid flowing grin grin grin My labor was drama Doc do something I can't see again I won't do it again oooo Nooooooo Never Doctor oo Otijabo ooooo
Ole (lazy) grin grin
Re: My Labour Experience. by Dyt(f): 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
5minsmadness:

*spills vodka
Bwahahahhahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

It was true oo
I couldn't see
The pain was ehn
cheesy cheesy

Acidosis:

Ole (lazy) grin grin

Don't worry na
Your wife will tell tale

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Rocktation:
God bless you, OP.
God bless you too dearie.
Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
Phema:

Awwww
How old is he?
Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
corisande:
Awwwwww!
ma'm this touched me
*teary eyes*

Thanks dear. smiley

graciousolo:
Awwww
How old is he?

He's 9 months plus now.

4 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by DebbyChris(f): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Eeewwww!! So i will go through all these one day, Jesus!!
Re: My Labour Experience. by spicyhoney(f): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Labour Experience. by omoerelu1: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
memories. had an emergency c.s after I was induced. The pain was so bad . I didn't shout but I cried ehn. getting to the theatre, the anaesthetic agent failed,I was given a second one and I started shivering. at that point, the only thing on my mind was God, if I die today, please forgive me my sins.i know I got somewhere close to heaven that day.
Re: My Labour Experience. by FynBabe(f): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2015
Here goes....
I have always hated pains and the moment I discovered I was pregnant, I started reading anything and everything about pregnancy and delivery.

The day finally arrived and we got to the hospital so early because my water broke first.
I was gisting and laughing because the pain was not much and just like Phema, I said 'is this the pain I have been so scared of?'
I never knew that I had not entered into real labour. And I was busy calling the doctor to come and check that my baby will soon be out. The doctors hand was so big. Every time he put his hand to check, I would close my legs. This made it so difficult for them to know how many cm I had dilated and the doctor had to scream at me at the fourth attempt to allow him check. When the real thing hold my waist ehn, nobody told me o!
Everybody and everything around me started irritating me.

I screamed that hospital down that day so tey the nurses and some other persons there started praying on my behalf because I couldn't even pray. I was sreaming 'Jesus come and help me'. I even asked for epidural, they told me it slows down labour. To cap it up, I had to be induced because I was on 4cm for hours and I became sleepy. I told the nurses I wanted to sleep and they said I could go ahead. I relaxed to sleep but the next round of pain was out of this world. I can't describe it.

They say when you see your baby you forget the pain and want to have another one immediately, na lie o! I just can't forget that pain.

To born plenty children no be my calling o! My daughter don reach to get brother but make I dey reason the thing first. Mbanu, that pain no be here o!

17 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by Phut(f): 1:57am On Sep 26, 2015
graciousolo:

* Every child's first language is... IGBO!. Every baby's first cry is Uwa aaa uwa aaa... when translated it means 'this life, how ironic aint it? #Yimu

Ol' boy na true o! grin grin

BTW, You write very well and you sister is blessed to have you as a brother.

2 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by cococandy(f): 2:55am On Sep 26, 2015
Phema this is scary.
Even with the Epidural? shocked embarassed
Phema:

Got into the labour room and was given epidural. I was feeling all cool and dandy, was even taking selfies and sending to friends and family. For my mind, i come dey say "so na so labour be, na him all this women go just dey complain anyhow, making mountain out of a molehill, mstcheeew". I honestly felt they were exaggerating. Time came and i couldn't push with the epidural, so they took it out and I had to push without any pain relieving medications.

Well, let's just say, I went to hell and came back. The 'Hebrew women' went on break that day and left me to my fate. grin At some point, I stopped pushing and told them I wanted a CS cos I was totally exhausted and out of breath. I was shivering all over and couldn't control it. Told them to turn on the heater in the room, they did but I was still shivering. Mehn, it still remains the scariest few hours of my life.

They were just petting and encouraging me, saying everything looked normal and there was no indication for CS. I wasn't having any of it and still insisted on having a CS. The nurse, in a bid to convince me that my baby's head was close, took one of my fingers and touched it. shocked It felt surreal. I was so happy knowing how close I was to holding my baby in my arms.

That moment, I told myself it is now or never. I was going to give it the final push. I gave my life to Christ . . .yet again and gave it the push of my life. The head popped and they were all shouting to not push again so I don't get torn and that they were going to help guide the rest of his body out. Whether na Igbo or hausa those ones dey speak, i no even hear. I was in excrutiating pain that I just wanted to get it over and done with. I gave it another hard push and everything came out and tore me badly. I didn't care. I was just too happy it was over to bother about how badly torn I was.

Now, I've him and he truly is the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me.

Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:
Phema this is scary.
Even with the Epidural? shocked embarassed

No dear. They took out the medication after several pushing attempts cos I wasn't pushing properly with it. The one in my system eventually wore off and the real deal set in.

Don't be scared oo. Many of my friends used epidural successfully till their babies came.

2 Likes

Re: My Labour Experience. by cococandy(f): 5:31am On Sep 26, 2015
Phema:

No dear. They took out the medication after several pushing attempts cos I wasn't pushing properly with it. The one in my system eventually wore off and the real deal set in.

Don't be scared oo. Many of my friends used epidural successfully till their babies came.
Okay.
Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2015
[quote author=omoerelu1 I started shivering. at that point, the only thing on my mind was God, if I die today, please forgive me my sins.i know I got somewhere close to heaven that day. [/quote]
Yeah my sis said she saw herself in another realm. She tot she was dead.
Re: My Labour Experience. by graciousolo(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Phut:

Ol' boy na true o! grin grin

BTW, You write very well and you sister is blessed to have you as a brother.
Thank u, learning from NL'

And Yea my Sis has done a lot for me.
Re: My Labour Experience. by Enoquin(f): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
Chei! Funny and scary.
Re: My Labour Experience. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2015
Good one. though not sure i ever want to go through tgat
Re: My Labour Experience. by aolatunde00: 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2015
My labour experience wasn't funny at all at all.the pain no be here.
I got to the hospital 8hours after contractions started and was told I was only 2cm dilated.At this time I was in so much pain and couldn't believe I was still going to 10cm.
6hours later I was at 3cm.by now I had lost all inhibitions.was shivering and sweating at the same time.my whole body was shaking seriously.they say I should take epidural,I say no(was thinking of the cost).2hours later I was still at 3cm na so I begin shout for the epidural o.I was wailing like a little baby.the contractions and pain were so bad I felt I was going to die.the epidural guy didn't come for like another hour!I was sobbing badly.
He gave me the first shot exactly 16hrs after my labour started(was at just 4cm).For where,the pain no go.
Called him back,took a second shot.Na lie o,the pain didn't subside!I was still crying(wailing!!!).I requested for a 3rd shot and was told I would be given but if the pain didn't stop,it would be CS next.
I no even mind o.We will talk about bills later was my thought.it was after the third shot I felt relief and I had my baby some two hours later.when I called hubby in Lagos to tell him I had put to bed,guess what?i woke him from sleep!!!i was so vexed.he said he was sleeping cos he was sure I was in capable hands.mtcheew.
Might I add that sometime before I took my first shot of epidural,my baby"s heart rate couldn't be felt so them say make I begin do some funny exercises on the bed to get his heart beating again.In that severe pain come and see me crouching,lifting leg,turning stomach with like 8medical personnel present.Was almost naked but didn't even care.
Na correct unforgettable experience.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Husband, Lover: Court Orders DNA Test Over Paternity Of 3-yr-old Boy / Traditional And Church Wedding Wchich Is More Legal / He Doesn't Like Sex....wat Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.