Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

HR/Admin Manager Salary - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HR/Admin Manager Salary (3520 Views)

The Hard Truth About Your Salary / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR / Project Manager - Salary Scale Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HR/Admin Manager Salary by harmeenut: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
I am considering a career as HR/Admin manager but would like to seek for opinions on likely salary p.a in Telecoms, Oil & Gas and banking industry.  Candid opinions would be appreciated
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by Iranoladun(f): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2009
What type of skill level are you bringing to the job?

Your first degree, masters degree and professional qualifications all counts in HR related jobs for admin you may get hire strictly on your level of experience with very little consideration for qualifications and certification but not with HR especially in the industrial sectors you have mentioned (Oil & gas, banking, telecom).

The type of skill will determine your salary range it could start per annum from 3Million to 14Million & above
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by harmeenut: 10:27am On Apr 20, 2009
Thank Iranoladun,
I have a BSc in Soc and I have just completed my MBA. I an Associate with NIM, member with CIPM and a student member with CIBN and I have been working in a medium size company with no clear cut HR dept for the past 4 - 5 years
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by spikedcylinder: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2009
Head of HR at the company where I work earns 710,000 after tax.
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by getmeme: 10:58am On Apr 20, 2009

Please, were you work is it oil company or telecoms, as this will give the poster ideal of what he wants
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by Iranoladun(f): 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2009
Ok, but as said earlier, your skill/expertise will determine the grade level & your salary in any of the sector e.g. a medium sized Oil company may require an HR generalist while big oil company may require someone with expertise in a particular area e.g. organization devpt, recruitment, talent management compensation etc. This is also applicable to bank and talking of bank they are usually more specific in what type of people they want and the grade level.

Have you been made an offer by any company within these sector or you just want to know your skill worth? This may enable me to advise you better.
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by igbalajobi: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
Once again thanx ladun,
Let's say I am just trying to know my worth. I desire a career wehre i can practice more & learn of Admin./HR but i am earning between about 120k now as admin. secretary/computer operator and even i wont want to go for less with qualification or not too less for my career
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by harmeenut: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2009
Once again thanx ladun,
Let's say I am just trying to know my worth. I desire a career wehre i can practice more & learn of Admin./HR but i am earning between about 120k now as admin. secretary/computer operator and even i wont want to go for less pay with my qualification or not too less because of my career
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by Iranoladun(f): 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2009
No qualms! I'd suggest you put your CV together and look for jobs within these sector via recruitment companies/agencies, networking with HR people CIPMN etc and direct advert from dailies. Wish you the best
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by Pennywise(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Is that pa or pm? Which kind tax be that?
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by spikedcylinder: 7:40am On Apr 21, 2009
getmeme:

Please, were you work is it oil company or telecoms, as this will give the poster ideal of what he wants

I work in a construction company.

Pennywise:

Is that pa or pm? Which kind tax be that?

I said he takes home 710k after tax. How is the type of tax important here? Every worker here is taxed the same depending on his basic salary, no?
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by Pittbaby(f): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2009
I think he/ she meant to ask 710K per annum or per month .
Re: HR/Admin Manager Salary by spikedcylinder: 8:20am On Apr 22, 2009
710k/month.

(1) (Reply)

18 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Was 18 / Are There Software Testing /test Analyst Jobs In Nigeria?, / What Is The Best Ict Training Firm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.