Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,011 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Do You Have A Balanced View Of Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Have A Balanced View Of Money? (416 Views)

Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? / Shocker!! An American Man's View Of American Women / A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Balanced View Of Money? by djl(m): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
There is some truths in the statement,"Money makes the world go round." after all, it takes money to buy life's basic necessities like food, clothing, and pay for rent or buy a home.

As important as money is to life it also has its limitations. Norwegian poet Arne Garbong said that with money "you can buy food, but not appetite ; medicine, but not wealth; soft beds, but not sleep; knowledge, but not wisdom; glitter, but not beauty; splendor, but not warmt; fun, but not joy;acquaintances, but not friends ; servants, but not faithfulness."

Make money but don't let the money makes you. An improper focus on money can drivedrive a wedge between friands and between family members. Inordinate view of money can make an amiable person become belligerent and hostile. But by having a proper view of money you will be able to guard against many injurious things that is associated with the love of money, at least to a very large extent.

When people have a distorted view of money they may become judgmental. For example, a wealthy person might assume that those who are poor are too lazy to better themselves. Or a person with lesser means might hastily conclude that those who have more are materialistic or greedy.

A self-examination might alert you to the need to acquire a balanced view of money. For example, ask yourself the following 7 questions:

1. Am I attracted to get-rich-quick schemes?

2. Do I find it difficult to be generous with money?

3. Do I tend to make friends with people who constantly talk about money and the things they own?

4. Do I resolve to lying or to other unethical practices in order to make money?

5. Does money make me feel too important?

6. Am I always thinking about money?

7. Is my attitude toward money adversely affecting my health and family life?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you need to make an effort to adjust your thinking about money and reject materialistic thoughts.

Never allow the love of money to take root in your heart. Rather, keep money as a subordinate to friends, family, and your emotional and physical health. By doing so, you will show that you have a balanced view of money.

http://hotfixtech..com/2015/09/do-you-have-balanced-view-of-money.html

(1) (Reply)

Today Is My Birthday. / This Paradigm Shift... / Baby Comes Back From Brink Of Death Not Long After Life Support Was Turned Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.