Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money (8035 Views)

Watch Arab Men Showing "Shoki" & "Shakiti Bobo" Dance Moves With Serious Swags / New Video: Olu Maintain - Nawti [cameo Appearance By Natalie Nunn] / Olu Maintain - Nawti - Free Download (certified Banger!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by redsword: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
Na wa o
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by olabb: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2009
you nigerians can sometime get on my nerves. when you people make money, like large sum. you all think you are on top of the world and better than other people. the guy got 1 million dollar contract, which is about 700gbp. i dont know if he is a multi millionaire or not. but nigerians get to excited and think there better than others when they hit the jackpot. they need to relax themself.
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by cashrules(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2009
he sucks
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by mjbaba: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2009
kpsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. this guy is no musician joo. his days are numbered at the top level unless he comes out with something new, thats got lyrics. Yahoozee was a fluke that got him to the top
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by tosinaded(m): 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
olabb:

you nigerians can sometime get on my nerves. when you people make money, like large sum. you all think you are on top of the world and better than other people. the guy got 1 million dollar contract, which is about 700gbp. i dont know if he is a multi millionaire or not. but nigerians get to excited and think there better than others when they hit the jackpot. they need to relax themself.

fck u and ur freaking nerves!!!
e no go beta for u angry
how dare u use one artiste to judge the whole of nigeria does that make sense to u?
waka angry
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by Swiz: 12:19am On Apr 20, 2009
olabb:

u sound confused. . .

could someone please hand this chap some ALABUKUN grin
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by freelance(m): 3:06am On Apr 20, 2009
I think the song is not that bad. That has been Mr Olu Maintain's style cool

Hopefully this could also become a hit like Yahooze wink

Cheers!
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by mbulela: 5:36am On Apr 20, 2009
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money
« #23 on: April 17, 2009, 09:04 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Ikomi on April 17, 2009, 08:43 PM
If he sells 1000 genuine copies I think his done well.

You wait till you hear it goes platinum.

Speaking of platinum sales, I wonder how the figures are collected in Nigeria. A country, where record keeping is not exactly our strong point. I find it hard to believe some artist in Naija lay claim to selling millions of album.

this has been a sore point for me. with all the piracy talk and knowing that there is a lot of online downloading and sharing of CDss amongst friends and family, i am not really convinced that any artiste has sold 1 million genuine copy in Naija.
anyone who can prove otherwise, kindly show proof.
i find it funny when people just come on air and say their album has gone platinium, i just wondr if they are trying to be smart or something.
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by ElRazur: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2009
@Mbuela

Hopefully, we can get a reply here.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-263654.0.html
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2009
Where's the garbage man?
We seriously need him around to dispose this thrash.And FAST!!!
Yahooze was unaldurated b*llSh*t,somehow,it became a hit.Now this.

The guy is a talentless cespool of RUBBISH
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by triistar86: 9:09am On Apr 20, 2009
I have a strong feeling this song would hit,  Whatever people like make dem say,  The song has got the groove it needs to become a party banger like yahooze. We all cant expect lyrical depth from every artist in the game,  I feel some of us need to ease off on this guy. As for me I am feeling the groove,  Shikenah.
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by mannygee: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
Let me quickly say this before comenting on Maintain's Arab Money.

Nigerians have no passion for good quality of music; all they want is just BEAT AND RHYTHM. This is why i will cease not to blame any Nija Artiste of his/her kind of music because the Nija Market (people) demand nothing more than BEAT AND RHYTHM. O pari. That is why you see all Nija Arstite Song with poor lyrics. (After all na dance Nija want).

In my own view,a good Music is expected to have the following qualities:

1. Good Beats (irrespective of its genre of music)

2. Good Rhythm

3. Good Lyrical content

4. Good track/song conceptuality.

5. Good production Quality

(please feel free to add more to this list)

BACK TO MAINTAIN ARAB MONEY SONG

What more can i say, right from the days of Maintain. Olu (and his group) has only been giving beats and Rhythm (as if they are Fuji Musicians) while other qualities as have listed above are always found wanting in their/his songs.

The Kamakazie (on a kentrol level) track is the worst of it all. Lyrics 0%. (well someone says 0% sef na still mark; so congrats Olu).

honestly, bro Olu, 'jungle don mature now and boys for area are no longer wackie o. So we really need you to check your Swaggar well o.

Arab Money song will only be good for free distribution at all refugee Camp.

if u no gree change your music bro, o4kasibe your you ooo.

Free me nowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by bisikat: 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
threr are loads of upcoming talent there mr olu can buy songs from them cos these particular one is a beautiful rubbish
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by linxon(m): 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
grin  Musicians are not intellectuals, they choose to be.  His style is SIMPLE - to get the party started, with funky beats and uplift peoples spirits that there is HOPE!!!!!!!!!! The fact is nobody has realized he is trying to say that some SMALL Arab countries with OIL have managed to invest their wealth and become some of the most powerful nations on this planet!!! And as a result these countries are no longer dependant on the WEST.  Infact most of them fund western banks now and buy up football clubs like 'Boli at epa' lol.  But in his own simplistic way he's saying I can believe this! 'I went to these Arab countries, there Currency has not depreciated and they are still CASH rich in a so called Recession'!  unlike our beloved Nigeria which has leaders who continue to plunder its wealth!
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by ladykool(f): 12:05am On Apr 21, 2009
olabb:

tosinaded@ link=topic=262408.msg3752253#msg3752253 date=1240168930:

fck u and ur freaking nerves!!!
e no go beta for u angry
how dare u use one artiste to judge the whole of nigeria does that make sense to u?
waka angry

thank u o na mumu him be!
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by floxyrangy: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2009
I think you guys should visit his facebook profile and register your displeasure there. People are really funny, they are praising him onFacebook! jeeezzzz,
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by nesbeat(m): 1:32am On Apr 22, 2009
wu said this Arab Money aint okay?
This is what Olu maintain got, this is the maintain kinda style,
e b like say some people here just feel like typing anything and they end up typing trash
This is a track for the airways, listen to it and feel the message, he is still talking about the fantasies of money and how spending it leads you to, Yahoozee continual

Olu keep the style maintaining, this is another anthem for boys, Yahoozee now to Arab Money, lol what next Indian Karmarazzi?
keep it up bro,
one luv

Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by 9ja4eva: 3:06am On Apr 22, 2009
CRAP!!!!

Nothing impressive about the song
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by chronique(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2009
i dont even wanna know what the song sounds like.pple like him make me wanna regret being in this industry.why arab money?so if busta didnt do that song,he wont release his own.well,thats what he's known for.straightup garbage.his fans think like him.people like him will kill nigerian music faster than cancer will kill an 80yr old man.
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by thegame(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2009
Chai!!!!!
This song self don become hit for nairaland. All these posts in a few days and the fastest growing topic in music page. Lmao. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Its gonna go platinum on nairaland and then burst out.lol
olu Maintain, you get mouth.
U haters, i reserve my comment
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by nesbeat(m): 12:27am On Apr 25, 2009
You see,
Any song which is controvercial is meant to sell. That was how Yahoozee came up,  many critics but see how it went,  it doesn't matter who sang the song first but what matters is what you make out of the song,  if he knows his way and how to do it,  that song is going to give him more hits than yahoozee.

So you that's criticizing,  well its normal see my link maybe you can have something to say about 'em tracks there,  I produced and directed the songs.

www.myspace.com/nesbeat86inc
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by rayray2828(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2009
first of all why is he always on about money,money,money in his songs, first yahoozee,kam-kazee,and now arab money,
now for those of u who like his music, are you guys for real?
with all the hard working,good musicians in nigeria u want to support this crap, do u want to bring down the standard of nigerian music again,

we should learn to critcize bad music and musicians so that people can learn to put quality out there, that alone is what i think can improve nigerian music
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2009
Didnt Busta Rhymes do something like this with the same title last year? shocked When will these guys learn to be original. Olu is just wack. He has no right to insult our intelligence with that BS.
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by alisigwe(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2009
mr olu probably took to this titile cuz 4 two months now,there's been a heated argument going on youtube abt an ignorant line eldee used on big boy where he said he rocks ''jewels 4rm conflicts'' that line was heavily criticed and a lotta peeps said it was too uncalled 4 to rap abt shaddy deals and all that,while we all knw it's best to keep them underground,and while all this shit was going peeps keep talking abt busta's arab money where he changed a certain line cuz he was heavily criticed and his label felt the pressure and decided to pull it off,it's cool he's gat money but music is all abt fantacies,thats why i don't feel biggie,but the way mr olu is going abt this money shit,i wonder what real peeps making the cheda will be saying,word
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by UNLEASHED(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2009
Crap!
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by dolani(f): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2009
niggaz stop hatin on my dude. grin dis song iz goin 2 b as n even more popular dan yahooze. hes doin really gud. anywayz, any1 notice how good n muslim like dese dude luk. grin cheesy
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by outlaws(m): 6:40am On Apr 28, 2009
cool

You got to give him some credit you know. This song is complete bullshit.
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by mbillyton: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2009
leave olumaintain alone
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by TOYOSI20(f): 5:59am On Apr 29, 2009
rayray2828:

first of all why is he always on about money,money,money in his songs, first yahoozee,kam-kazee,and now arab money,
now for those of u who like his music, are you guys for real?
with all the hard working,good musicians in nigeria u want to support this crap, do u want to bring down the standard of nigerian music again,

we should learn to critcize bad music and musicians so that people can learn to put quality out there, that alone is what i think can improve nigerian music

Word!!!

The song was just all over the place o jare, . . , couldnt bring maself to listen to it for a second time. . .!!! shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by freelance(m): 9:15pm On May 01, 2009
I still don't think the song is that bad undecided
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by Pabz: 2:09am On May 07, 2009
Not an original Title but the song still jams , No wahala
Re: Mr Olu Maintain's New Single : Arab Money by las240s(m): 2:40am On May 07, 2009
@olabb]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you nigerians can sometime get on my nerves. when you people make money, like large sum. you all think you are on top of the world and better than other people. the guy got 1 million dollar contract, which is about 700gbp. i dont know if he is a multi millionaire or not. but nigerians get to excited and think there better than others when they hit the jackpot. they need to relax themself

how on earth can u be so dumb which record label fit give artiste that kind money for nigeria becos olu sang 1 million dollars u now foolishly believed he earned the amount truly i m sorry2 tell u that wat olu even got from the album yahoozee was nothing to write home about he actually made money playing concerts and what u saw in the video with kennis music was just make believe mere musical video acting hwever if kenny truly gave olu dat kind of amount do u thing their contracts and agreement culd have collapsed as fast as it did?cos they are no more in any agreement as we speak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Instrumental: Olamide - Love No Go Die / "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . / Top 8 hiphop Diss Lines Of All Time * personal*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.