Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? (18728 Views)

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? / Is It Right For A Church To Be Located In An Hotel Premises? / Stephanie Otobo's Mother & Sister At Apostle Suleman's Church To Beg (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
ajoskele:
Pretence and "holier-than-thou" attitude of most churchgoers..
Op doesn't really understand the essence and dynamics of football and sports.
Mountain Of Fire Ministries(MFM) won the world church football competition in faraway Asia. Where did those other teams they beat came from? We are now holier than even the whites that introduced christianity to us. Now MFM has been promoted to the NPFL.
A team parades nothing less than 23 players. Do you know 23 families' lives would be upgraded?
Engage your pastor. Tell him the Youth needs a sports unit. Organise matches, friendlies and competitions. Convince the wealthy and the rich in your church to sponsor you. You might not know you are even fulflling God's plan for your life. You may be the stepping stone for that talent with no sponsor, money and exposure.
It's not a sin, sir!!
you couldn't have said it any better! I was opportuned to worship at MFM during the September 'power must change hands' programme. When Dr. Olukoya announced the promotion of the church's football team to the NPFL, I felt really proud of the church. If the church can invest in education, why not in sports & other life-changing talent development. Coincidentally, I stumbled on a documentry aired on Aljazerra last Thursday, it was about the U-17 Nigerian national team that will represent us in the forthcoming U-17 world cup. The coach of the football academy in Ogun State where a good number of the boys to represent Nigeria in the U-17 world cup were selected from is the head & most senior pastor of a church in Ogun State. I have seen God-fearing successful footballers that acknowledge God for their success (Watch Turning Point). In one of the turning point episodes, I once saw a story of a very young boy who got exposed to drug abuse and almost ruined his life until he became born again. The church helped him to rehab and sponsored his football career till he became successful (this didn't happen in Nigeria).

@OP, I hope you're convinced that you can help a lot of young christian youths through sports.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by mcyemite(m): 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:
l plead with you in the name of the Lord to jettison your idea it is inspiration from hell. l used to love football until one day the Lord showed me how deep He detests football in the church or church getting involved. In addition He frown at TV stations own by churches from showing it. He said worldly news casting in these stations also infuriate Him. Please always ask Holy Spirit before you introduce anything to the church.

Shalom.
gerara here joor
That's how u people will be turning things up and down
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by alphalpha(m): 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
our task as Christians is soulwinning. that and holiness is what is required of us.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by bezimo(m): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bodily exercise profiteth little say Timothy in the Bible. Football among church youths is bodily exercise. So its neither carnal or sin.Its Sports afterall.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by hemarnuael: 12:08am On Sep 28, 2015
wat are all dese pple sayin abt futbal bein bad why dnt u say exercise is also bad abi ona no knw say MFM futbal club jst got promoted to d NPFL or if futballer donate moni 4 church ona go reject am?
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by macho44(m): 6:35am On Sep 28, 2015
Having A football team in your church is no crime, aside being the worlds most populous sport, Foot ball is the opium of the masses. Besides you can serve GOD through many ways.Soccer keeps the idle youths off the streets and helps most of them earn a decent living for themselves. One Game, Football Without Violence.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by dewale1234(m): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2015
Bodily exercise profits little. That little is part of life. I used to have the same orientation too that sports is unGodly, the questions are why and how?
1. Does sports take you away from God?
2. Does it make you a bigger sinner?
3. Does it take the place of God in your life?

If your answers to the above questions are in the affirmative, think of other non-church activity that you are engaged in that does not have the same effect on you

If you faint in the days of adversity, your strenght isnt enough. If you cant manage your sports with your spiritual life dont do it
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by adebayoggt(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2015
just4now:
l plead with you in the name of the Lord to jettison your idea it is inspiration from hell. l used to love football until one day the Lord showed me how deep He detests football in the church or church getting involved. In addition He frown at TV stations own by churches from showing it. He said worldly news casting in these stations also infuriate Him. Please always ask Holy Spirit before you introduce anything to the church.

Shalom.
really!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by juligon: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.
...can i meet u privately?
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Lanceslot(m): 10:11am On Sep 28, 2015
blueto:
I have the privilege of being a Youth executive in my Church. And since I enamour football, I have been thinking of initiating and establishing a football group, were we can train and organise friendly matches with other Churches as well.

But I feel skeptical about this innovation because it is unbiblical. Thus, it may be unacceptable to God.

So I am don't know if it is really right to proceed with the idea.

Please I need your advise. Your contributions will be well appreciated.
Its a good idea, nothing bad about it. In my former parish we have volleyball club where we form a team with the priests, train and play matches with other VB clubs.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by FOREXMART(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2015
Pyrrho:
Na only you dey receive signals from heaven?
The Lord showed you
He detests football
He frowns at TV stations
He also gets infuriated

Guy you try.

Your god sounds more like a man.

tell am my brother. that niggerr tripping.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by bmaks: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Pyrrho:
Na only you dey receive signals from heaven?
The Lord showed you
He detests football
He frowns at TV stations
He also gets infuriated

Guy you try.

Your god sounds more like a man.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool grin grin grin grin grin grin LWBMB ooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians / Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.