Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

Bananas......Possibilities - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bananas......Possibilities (6762 Views)

I Need Imported Bananas / Woman Sitting On Bunch Of Bananas On Okada (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bananas......Possibilities by Pavore9: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Pavore9: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Innovation should apply.

Re: Bananas......Possibilities by idrisalomagold(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
What is this? Don't tell me the banana is not joined together. extremely large and long. How can I plant and get something like this? Reply
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Pavore9: 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
idrisalomagold:
What is this? Don't tell me the banana is not joined together. extremely large and long. How can I plant and get something like this? Reply

Which superglue fit join am together? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by idrisalomagold(m): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pavore9:

Which superglue fit join am together? cheesy cheesy cheesy
You mean this is one bunch? Unbelievable! How can I get its sucker?
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by lanre2009: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Pavore9: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
idrisalomagold:
You mean this is one bunch? Unbelievable! How can I get its sucker?

See it being harvested. It is a project done in Tanzania.

Re: Bananas......Possibilities by idrisalomagold(m): 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pavore9:

See it being harvested. It is a project done in Tanzania.
God! this is indeed incredible. God is great indeed. I have not seen such.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by firestar(f): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hm. What a specie.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Pavore9: 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
idrisalomagold:
God! this is indeed incredible. God is great indeed. I have not seen such.

He is great indeed and made our minds limitless.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by idrisalomagold(m): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
firestar:
Hm. What a specie.
If I see means of getting the sucker of this specie, I will get it.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by firestar(f): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
idrisalomagold:
If I see means of getting the sucker of this specie, I will get it.

There are such here, it's being jealously guarded.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Gidigidi3(m): 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
@pavore Dia is this disease that affects the banana fruits which prevents it from matureing, is dia no remedy? I observe it a lot at people's backyard bananas.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by whirlwind7(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
firestar:

Hi.
Where are you referring to, pls? How can one get the sucker?
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by gaussy(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2015
Unbelievable....Nigeria is donkey years behind in agriculture sad
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Curiouscity(m): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2015
We have this sizes in my village. The variety are locally called 'four corners'.

On the value addition, most of the videos posted here said, ".... a group of farmers started the project". How many young Nigerians will want to put resources together for a venture without one or two person thinking how to swindle others. Greed and selfishness is gradually killing us!!

3 Likes

Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Pavore9: 7:12am On Sep 26, 2015
Curiouscity:
We have this sizes in my village. The variety are locally called 'four corners'.

On the value addition, most of the videos posted here said, ".... a group of farmers started the project". How many young Nigerians will want to put resources together for a venture without one or two person thinking how to swindle others. Greed and selfishness is gradually killing us!!

Co-operatives is the way to go and many need to unlearn their unscrupulous ways because together everyone achieves more..
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Curiouscity(m): 7:18am On Sep 26, 2015
Pavore9:

Co-operatives is the way to go and many need to unlearn their unscrupulous ways because together everyone achieves more..

Very true! But experience tells me, we are still not ready. I wish we can unlearn this habit fast enough.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2015
When planning to go into agriculture, factor in the issue of rape, kidnap and death in the hands of Fulani herders. There is no local govt in Nigeria that they have not attacked
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Jesusbaby6(f): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
Curiouscity:

Where is your village ma? @pavore can one get the suckers? How many months before fruiting?
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Curiouscity(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Where is your village ma? @pavore can one get the suckers? How many months before fruiting?

My village is in Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by idrisalomagold(m): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
firestar:

Hmm I would love to get it. I know the sight alone will make thousands of people to be demanding for the suckers. They might not want the breed to spread though. Maybe that is why they are jealously guiding it.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by firestar(f): 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
idrisalomagold:
Hmm I would love to get it. I know the sight alone will make thousands of people to be demanding for the suckers. They might not want the breed to spread though. Maybe that is why they are jealously guiding it.

Exactly.

So, unless you make a search or buy the breed, it's going to take quite an effort.
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Jesusbaby6(f): 8:44am On Sep 27, 2015
Curiouscity:

My village is in Akwa Ibom State.
really, which LGA pls. how much do they sell the sucker ma, and how long before it starts fruiting?
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by freelife4all(m): 9:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Wow, this is very big, infancy I feel like i am imagining it. Please OP, how can one get this species of banana sucker? and how long does it take to mature?
Re: Bananas......Possibilities by Jesusbaby6(f): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2015
firestar:

where ma?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Become A Topfeed Distributor / Standard Greenhouse, Nethouse and Solar Dryer Construction / Is There Any Commercial Goat Farm In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.