Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598167 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 11:43am On Apr 26, 2016
revlane:
Good Morning, Please i have two questions

1. Can i use an online MBA certificate for masters?
2. I have an uncle who owns a hospital in Canada, do you think he can help with a job and LMIA.

Thank you
I did my MBA 100% online and it was assessed by WES as Masters.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:49am On Apr 26, 2016
zuriel2016:
Hello all, I was wondering how to calculate my Academic IELTS

L 8.5 (CLB 10) 32pts
Reading 7.0 (CLB 9) 29points
Writing 6.0 (CLB 7) 16 points
Speaking 8.0 (CLB 10) 32 points

overall 7.5

will it be correct to claim 32+29+16+32 = 109 , for my CRS score in this section?

Which CLB level will i use for transferability (foreign work experience and foreign education)P CLB 7 i guess?

I intend to write the General IELTS version this time around ( if required)

They don't accept Academic, you have to write General and aim to score 8.5L, 8.0R, 7.5W&S, it will can help you get selected fast
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2016
harlyon:
I m interested in moving over to canada.I really don't have any tertiary degrees like BSC,HND etc.I have 4 yrs experience as an IT Support Officer in Nigeria and South Africa. All I have is Microsoft IT certifications and a certificate in Computer science...- I heard abt evaluation of certificates..do I send all my certifications to them for evaluation? I need advice guys

You have been advised to look at Australia instead. I will advise you write PTE English Test instead of IELTS. I learnt it's easier and since you will likely need a very high English Test score cuz of your educational level, I think you should take that option
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hayqinsbFX: 3:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
hello all
I need to get information about express entry here for an uncle.
God bless you as you take your time to give me a reply.

These are his educational qualification.... BSC Chemical engineering(3rd class), Msc Chemical engineering (2nd class upper), PGD Education( First class)
He has about 14 years experience as a secondary school chemistry and physics teacher

After going through the NOC i can see that he is more suited for the class instructor occupation.....

He hasnt written IELTS (planning to write it soon)

Will he have to evaluate all his qualifications with WES?

I will also like to know how high his chances are in racking up a good number of points to be invited to apply...

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
^^^ How old is he?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hayqinsbFX: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
^^^ How old is he?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Thanks Zimex, Jesusdway and Morgan and everyone.

I have scheduled my IELTS EXAM for June. Just wish that the mba will go through but my fear now is that even with a band 8 and a degree with age below 30 and four years work experience, it is still impossible to reach 67 points to enter the FSWP. So hard...
I will contact my uncle but to prove LMIA that no one has my skill in canada is so impossible oooo.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

With good IELTS scores (L8R7W7S7) and his profile, he should be able to have a CRS of atleast 400 which will make him eligible for Ontario PNP. Unfortunately, they are taking a break from nomination now. But hopefully, they could have resumed by the time he's done with evaluation and IELTS.

He can also keep an eye out for Saskatchewan when they resume, if his occupation is amongst the ones in need.

Yes, he can do his evaluation with WES.

Also, he might want to consider his wife being the principal applicant (assuming he's married) if she's younger, with MSc and 3years work experience in NOC O, A or B.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hayqinsbFX: 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
thanks for your reply
why did you say his wife should be the principal applicant....is it that ure presuming his wife is younger?
SlowlybtSurely:

With good IELTS scores (L8R7W7S7) and his profile, he should be able to have a CRS of atleast 400 which will make him eligible for Ontario PNP. Unfortunately, they are taking a break from nomination now. But hopefully, they could have resumed by the time he's done with evaluation and IELTS.

He can also keep an eye out for Saskatchewan when they resume, if his occupation is amongst the ones in need.

Yes, he can do his evaluation with WES.

Also, he might want to consider his wife being the principal applicant (assuming he's married) if she's younger, with MSc and 3years work experience in NOC O, A or B.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
thanks for your reply
why did you say his wife should be the principal applicant....is it that ure presuming his wife is younger?

Reason I put the clause "if she's younger".

The younger one is, the higher the scores. With age of 30 and other criteria met ( MSC, CLB 9 in IELTS and 3 years work experience), she wouldnt need to go through PNP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Calculate scores using the above tool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justicia: 12:11am On Apr 27, 2016
for lawyers here, the documents to submit for WES Canada evaluation is your LLB Degree Cert and transcript right? Pls confirm. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 7:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Dupsyshoo. Please I need to speak with you. Kindly pm me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2016
beyunce:

Well I haven't seen any Nigerian that indicated attending the information session, So I guess example it is for us. Lol.
My noc code and yours is the same,mine is in a law firm.
I wil still need to get my ielts done before I can email them. But do update me on their reply when you do email them.
I'm looking at attending either the US or Dubai one. But Dubai will surely be less expensive since I and my family might go together. I heard spouse of principal applicants might need to attend too. I'm not sure abt this though.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nbpnp-new-brunswick-skilled-workers-express-entry-category-network-here-t295243.1770.html

I stumble upon that while i was searching everywhere for update
Check post from @webbman90 The guy is a Nigerian, works in Nigeria and got confirmation after two weeks of request in New York City Information session..

How have you been?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2016
justicia:
for lawyers here, the documents to submit for WES Canada evaluation is your LLB Degree Cert and transcript right? Pls confirm. Thanks

Well I'm not even sure again if I you shouldn't include ur law school transcripts + certificates. Coz i only sent my LLB to WES and sometimes I cnt help but wonder if that was why they assessed it as a Bachelors degree. Well...I've decided to get a 2nd opinion b4 filing e-APR...so I paid IQAS but I didn't include my Law schl cert and I'm still wondering if it's needed. Maybe NittaJ and debeams (I think debeams said she sent her NLS transcripts to WES) can help us with this and what their WES. Assessment reads.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:39am On Apr 27, 2016
Hiyah,

I have sent you a PM.
ssemire:
Dupsyshoo. Please I need to speak with you. Kindly pm me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

I have sent you a PM.
Thanks, I have responded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justicia: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2016
iphie25:

Well I'm not even sure again if I you shouldn't include ur law school transcripts + certificates. Coz i only sent my LLB to WES and sometimes I cnt help but wonder if that was why they assessed it as a Bachelors degree. Well...I've decided to get a 2nd opinion b4 filing e-APR...so I paid IQAS but I didn't include my Law schl cert and I'm still wondering if it's needed. Maybe NittaJ and debeams (I think debeams said she sent her NLS transcripts to WES) can help us with this and what their WES. Assessment reads.
you mean they assessed ur LLB as a bachelors degree. That's serious.. That means they want nls transcript and cert too. NittaJ and debeams pls tell us what docs u submitted and how they assessed it. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
justicia:
you mean they assessed ur LLB as a bachelors degree. That's serious.. That means they want nls transcript and cert too. NittaJ and debeams pls tell us what docs u submitted and how they assessed it. thanks
[color=#006600][/color]

WES evaluates LLB as 'Bachelor Degree' (Four Years) and BL as 'One Year of Professional Study.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
debeams:
[color=#006600][/color]

WES evaluates LLB as 'Bachelor Degree' (Four Years) and BL as 'One Year of Professional Study.

Chai!!! can you even choose two or more degrees??
Meaning what we have is just 4years of professional study? Law school made no difference o.
@justicia I think you should try IQAS....if you can wait for 2weeks...lemme see what d result of my ECA with them will be...so that u dont spend money twice like I did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chubbiest: 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
cry smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Meaning what you have is 4years of professional study? Law school made no difference o.
@justicia I think you should try IQAS....if you can wait for 2weeks...lemme see what d result of my ECA with them will be...so that u dont spend money twice like I did.[/quote]

How much does IQAS cost and how long have you been on it? i.e., how soon will your credential be assessed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
chubbiest:
Pls how dd u get nls transcript? I applied wth just LLB and LLM. i hope it will fly?

That's just fine, LLM sort all of the LLB -Bachelors of Law/Bachelor Degree issue for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
I appreciate all that have been contributing to this thread. Quite a good job y'all have done here.

These questions are for the heavyweights of this thread. The likes of zandora, jesusdway, irondome and dupyshoo.

1. Why does everyone do ECA via WES. What special advantage does WES have over CES and the other bodies that are approved by CIC to do credential assessment?
2. What advantages are there to work with these accredited law firms like canadianvisaexpert if one can foot their service cost?

I appreciate your individual responses on these questions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
debeams:

Meaning what you have is 4years of professional study? Law school made no difference o.
@justicia I think you should try IQAS....if you can wait for 2weeks...lemme see what d result of my ECA with them will be...so that u dont spend money twice like I did.

How much does IQAS cost and how long have you been on it? i.e., how soon will your credential be assessed?

$275CAD. I paid last week tuesday but my documents from school were sent on monday. On IQAS' website ECA takes 10days business days.

Pls can you tell me hw u got ur transcripts from NLS? I've written several mails to them which hv all gone unanswered. undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zuriel2016: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
JesusDWay:

They don't accept Academic, you have to write General and aim to score 8.5L, 8.0R, 7.5W&S, it will can help you get selected fast

Thanks , assuming these are the scores for general, I'm i correct with this calculation? i.e are the individual bands calculated and summed up ? or the minimum score is used to calculate? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zuriel2016: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
JesusDWay:

Thanks , assuming these are the scores for general, I'm i correct with this calculation? i.e are the individual bands calculated and summed up ? or the minimum score is used to calculate? thanks

L 8.5 (CLB 10) 32pts

overall 7.5

will it be correct to claim 32+29+16+32 = 109 , for my CRS score in this section?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
sholemania:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nbpnp-new-brunswick-skilled-workers-express-entry-category-network-here-t295243.1770.html

I stumble upon that while i was searching everywhere for update
Check post from @webbman90 The guy is a Nigerian, works in Nigeria and got confirmation after two weeks of request in New York City Information session..

How have you been?

Oh that's Great.
I'm guessing his noc code is the open category ish. there is hope then.
I'm fine thx.
Did you send them a request yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zuriel2016: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dear e - family

FOR QUEBEC
I was wondering if one could claim points for DCS ( college diploma) whenone has a Masters in thesame Field.In this case , the there are no scores assigned for the Masters but points are assigned for teh DCS same course!

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
freeradical:
I appreciate all that have been contributing to this thread. Quite a good job y'all have done here.
These questions are for the heavyweights of this thread. The likes of zandora, jesusdway, irondome and dupyshoo.
1. Why does everyone do ECA via WES. What special advantage does WES have over CES and the other bodies that are approved by CIC to do credential assessment?
2. What advantages are there to work with these accredited law firms like canadianvisaexpert if one can foot their service cost?
I appreciate your individual responses on these questions.

1. They all assess credentials but so far WES seem to be the fastest based on experiences from people from this and other forums

2. You don't get any advantage for using visaexperts (Agents), they only capitalizes on people's lack of information to make business. Its the same route for all. I hope that was helpful. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
zuriel2016:

L 8.5 (CLB 10) 32pts
overall 7.5

I'm not sure about the calculation but you have to increase your writing score to atleast 7.0 to make an all round CLB 9, which will give you a very good CRS score (If it were to be general)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
beyunce:

Oh that's Great.
I'm guessing his noc code is the open category ish. there is hope then.
I'm fine thx.
Did you send them a request yet?

Yeah so right... Hez in the open category

Naa... I haven't still wanna put some things in order...
My anticipated session period has not even been updated on the portal yet...
Looking at one of the ember months..

But trust... am definitely always gonna give u update as its going.

See yaa....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
sholemania:

Yeah so right... Hez in the open category

Naa... I haven't still wanna put some things in order...
My anticipated session period has not even been updated on the portal yet...
Looking at one of the ember months..

But trust... am definitely always gonna give u update as its going.

See yaa....
Alright thx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.