Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593711 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 5:26pm On May 23, 2016
Thanks a million @iphie25. Post call experience is 1 year &1 month including NYSC. The period she want to claim for is d 1year after graduation where she worked before going to law school.

A question u did not answer- Is law school evaluated as masters or bachelors by WES/IQAS?

WES looks simple, Can some1 who has used IQAS pls run me thru d process &d time it took.I need help

iphie25:

Pls choose IQAS to avoid stories that touch.
Work experience is in d NOC field ur claiming points for and it's has to be post qualification. So in wifey's situation it's one year. But you can still seek a 2nd opinion on this and also read the CIC website to find out more.
Again on a second thought did your wife go to law school immediately? If u claim work experience for the law school year then you cant say she was in law school that year when u get ITA(on d. Personal history form) coz it'll be contradictory. Calculate how many years she has from uni degree till now. Leave out lawschool. Lets know what d years come up to.

Nothing is really ever an open and shut case. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kathy22(f): 6:09pm On May 23, 2016
Must we have Canada experience before we consider express entry? Is Nigeria experience inmaterial
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:37pm On May 23, 2016
powermike9999:
Thanks a million @iphie25. Post call experience is 1 year &1 month including NYSC. The period she want to claim for is d 1year after graduation where she worked before going to law school.

A question u did not answer- Is law school evaluated as masters or bachelors by WES/IQAS?

WES looks simple, Can some1 who has used IQAS pls run me thru d process &d time it took.I need help

I just ran u thru the process. IQAS will evaluate her LLB as a first professional degree in law. Beht u can try WES if u hv excess money.
IQAS takes 10working days at most.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:40pm On May 23, 2016
rokee:
thank you Ify you need a medal for your contributions to this thread

Lol...thanks. I'm still a novice o wait till you meet the grandmothers and grandfathers of this thread. You'll hv a change of heart. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crest2j(m): 6:41pm On May 23, 2016
hello NL, I want to further ma academic in canada, I was hoping if dere is any NL in Canada dat can help me with some schools der program is not costly tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:43pm On May 23, 2016
Reyus:

Do you have any bad experience with WES? Please share.
Me I have been waiting for my uniport degree evaluation since March 2016 with WES. No response from them yet.

Yes I did, all lawyers did and will unless WES repents and starts assessing Law degrees from Nigeria correctly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iammartinzo(m): 2:36am On May 24, 2016
Hello House,
Please, I have this issue that I believe people in the house can help me reason along with. I am at the verge of being confirmed at my place of work and also just got my TRV to relocate with my hubby in Canny land. I want to know if there can be any future implication if I resign ahead of my confirmation since I will still be needing a reference letter from my employer in the nearest future but if I wait for confirmation, it will delay my travelling as I will need to give a one month notice before I can resign and I know confirmation doesn't add any financial value to my salary but just changing my employment status and then some other salient future financial benefits. I want to ask please if not waiting for confirmation can hinder my chance of getting such reference letter in the future or if there is any other implication. I work in a Bank.Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toplaz25(m): 6:01am On May 24, 2016
Hello sir, please I need your help here I want to go Canada. pls put me through. thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iammartinzo(m): 7:00am On May 24, 2016
toplaz25:
Hello sir, please I need your help here I want to go Canada. pls put me through. thank you

I believe going to canada should be with a purpose. U haven't shown that in your post and will make it difficult for anyone to respond to your post....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 8:52am On May 24, 2016
beyunce:

It won't harm to evaluate them all. You will get evaluated for two or more degree. 128 points without spouse and 119 points with spouse.

Beyunce...

You ehn.. i dey fear you ooo.. you are always everywhere... i dey see your hand wella. How is it going? Howz fam? Guess am still gonna get the same point if its only ND and HND?

Howz NB Information Session...? Gimme good news.. Have you have request to attend? I haven't done anything so far dough.. not really comfortable with my IELTS so i plan to write another with the highest benchmark...and thats gonna take me few months to deal with.

Am eyeing Manitoba exploratory visit or NB Information session.
Higher CLB will get me so prepared and eligible for the two.

Stating from the bottom..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rebe: 8:54am On May 24, 2016
@doggys, so sorry for the late response, I have been off the forum for a while. Would you still want me to forward the gift deed to you or its already late?

Doggys:
Hello Rebe. Thanks f+or your input. Please i intend doing the gift deed on monday as my mum is the one giving us the money too. Please i will really appreciate if you can send me a copy to my mail: orobia453@yahoo.com,i will really appreciate as i intend sending all documents to SINP on tuesday. Also, i want to know if the affidavit won't be necessary

A gift deed alone with all relevant proofs should suffice. Used that and to the glory of God, I have my visa and CoPR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rebe: 9:27am On May 24, 2016
@Adiahabasi. Yes, the letter in addition to gift deed prepared by a lawyer. Some people on another forum suggested including the bank statement of the person giving the gift to show that the person is able to give the gift without much stress on his/her finances. I did not include this though.
Adiahabasi:
ok..so the letter your mum wrote was in addition to the gift deed prepared by a lawyer right? Or is it one and the same?i.e is the gift deed the letter your mum wrote?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 11:04am On May 24, 2016
Good Morning Fam,

Please while filling the federal form IMM 5669 for background declaration what proof i'm i required to show for NYSC? will the discharge certificate suffice? Should i state NYSC as the employer or the organisation where i served? Will i require a letter of reference from the organisation even though i don't intend to use the NYSC experience as part of the years of work experience i'm claiming points for. Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rokee(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2016
please did you send your original degree cert to IQAS ? cos it stated that original certs should be included in the application. i'd appreciate if u can e-mail me as i have plenty questions to ask. chymny@yahoo.com thanks
iphie25:

Lol...thanks. I'm still a novice o wait till you meet the grandmothers and grandfathers of this thread. You'll hv a change of heart. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greatgeo(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2016
Hello house
I have bsc in comm tech 2015 and HND in EE 2012 and been working ever since which of the above can I applied for and how do I go about it pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iammartinzo(m): 1:47pm On May 24, 2016
Hello House,
Please, I have this issue that I believe people in the house can help me reason along with. I am at the verge of being confirmed at my place of work and also just got my TRV to relocate with my hubby in Canny land. I want to know if there can be any future implication if I resign ahead of my confirmation since I will still be needing a reference letter from my employer in the nearest future but if I wait for confirmation, it will delay my travelling as I will need to give a one month notice before I can resign and I know confirmation doesn't add any financial value to my salary but just changing my employment status and then some other salient future financial benefits. I want to ask please if not waiting for confirmation can hinder my chance of getting such reference letter in the future or if there is any other implication. I work in a Bank.Thank you [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2016
sholemania:

You ehn.. i dey fear you ooo.. you are always everywhere... i dey see your hand wella. How is it going? Howz fam? Guess am still gonna get the same point if its only ND and HND?
Howz NB Information Session...? Gimme good news.. Have you have request to attend? I haven't done anything so far dough.. not really comfortable with my IELTS so i plan to write another with the highest benchmark...and thats gonna take me few months to deal with.
Am eyeing Manitoba exploratory visit or NB Information session.
Higher CLB will get me so prepared and eligible for the two.
Stating from the bottom..

I will suggest you evaluate every degree. But you won't get more than two or more degree point. As for NB I will let you know if I have any news. Waiting for my ielts result, hopefully I wouldn't need to write another. Fingers crossed for us all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
iammartinzo:
Hello House,
Please, I have this issue that I believe people in the house can help me reason along with. I am at the verge of being confirmed at my place of work and also just got my TRV to relocate with my hubby in Canny land. I want to know if there can be any future implication if I resign ahead of my confirmation since I will still be needing a reference letter from my employer in the nearest future but if I wait for confirmation, it will delay my travelling as I will need to give a one month notice before I can resign and I know confirmation doesn't add any financial value to my salary but just changing my employment status and then some other salient future financial benefits. I want to ask please if not waiting for confirmation can hinder my chance of getting such reference letter in the future or if there is any other implication. I work in a Bank.Thank you
One of my previous employers denied me letter of reference because I didn't stay up till confirmation before I left them. According to them it's part of their HR policy. So be advised before you make your decision.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by henrinco(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2016
I'm helping my Sister fill out the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program and I'm fixed in adaptability page. Please house help me out to tackle these questions....

1. What steps will a lawyer take to upgrade her job skills before she arrives in Manitoba?
2. what steps are you taking to improve your English language skills in Nigeria?
3. What other alternative profession will you practice till you get licensed?
Thanks....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 5:05pm On May 24, 2016
Hello House,
Please i got a mail from WES that a confirmation has been sent to my school. I am yet to send a copy of my certificate to WES as my university will not release my certificate to anyone to collect on my behalf. I am far away and i would like to know if my transcript verification alone can be used to get the ECA report.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 5:58pm On May 24, 2016
rokee:
please did you send your original degree cert to IQAS ? cos it stated that original certs should be included in the application. i'd appreciate if u can e-mail me as i have plenty questions to ask. chymny@yahoo.com thanks

Ok. Send a copy...coloured copy preferably.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iammartinzo(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2016
freeradical:
One of my previous employers denied me letter of reference because I didn't stay up till confirmation before I left them. According to them it's part of their HR policy. So be advised before you make your decision.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate ur response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy3(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2016
iammartinzo:
Hello House,

Why not apply for letter of reference before you resign. I mean apply for the letter now that you are still a staff. Then present a resignation letter after(duly acknowledged by HR) + the letter of reference in future as proof of experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iammartinzo(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2016
teewhy3:

Why not apply for letter of reference before you resign. I mean apply for the letter now that you are still a staff. Then present a resignation letter after(duly acknowledged by HR) + the letter of reference in future as proof of experience.
Let me DM u plz. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iammartinzo(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2016
teewhy3:

Can we chat privately please. Thanks. ohlushorelar@gmail.com. I will appreciate that alot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy3(m): 7:55pm On May 24, 2016
henrinco:
I'm helping my Sister fill out the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program and I'm fixed in adaptability page. Please house help me out to tackle these questions....

1. What steps will a lawyer take to upgrade her job skills before she arrives in Manitoba?
2. what steps are you taking to improve your English language skills in Nigeria?
3. What other alternative profession will you practice till you get licensed?
Thanks....

You have tried to make enquiries about how to get your licence to practice in Manitoba( you may need to send an email to the Licencing authority just to have a proof you have taken steps) you may also say u are working on getting done all the requirements that does not require you to be in Manitoba sorted. You also have xx years experience practising as a lawyer in Nigeria. These are just examples oooh.

2) Mention the fact that English is the official language of comms in Nigeria + The Language of Instruction in your say17 years of education is English + u have written IELTS recently and your score is xxxxx

3) You can work as a paralegal or legal assistant while waiting for your license application to be approved

These are examples pls. I dont know if it is the way to go

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by henrinco(m): 8:33pm On May 24, 2016
teewhy3:

You have tried to make enquiries about how to get your licence to practice in Manitoba( you may need to send an email to the Licencing authority just to have a proof you have taken steps) you may also say u are working on getting done all the requirements that does not require you to be in Manitoba sorted. You also have xx years experience practising as a lawyer in Nigeria.

Cheers
Thanks. I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 9:12pm On May 24, 2016
I want to evaluate only my MBA with IQAS. Does any1 think i shld evalute my B.sc as well?

For lawyers do you evaluate your law school and LL.b?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cynthiaezebaby: 10:59pm On May 24, 2016
lavivaavril:

oh that means they have started accepting uniport degrees. This used to be an issue in the past
my people good day and thank you for the good work you guys rendering here, please I need help on how to start fsw application and necessary document I need for the application 3rdly can I use my Nysc certificate as my one year experience. 4thly I need materials for ilet.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 11:20pm On May 24, 2016
Dear Rebe..No problem, i still need it, its not late, though i have submitted without it but i need to have it just in case the need arises. I'm highly expecting it, Thank you
Rebe:
@doggys, so sorry for the late response, I have been off the forum for a while. Would you still want me to forward the gift deed to you or its already late?

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.