Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2594009 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hotstepper(f): 7:30am On May 25, 2016
Good day everyone.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Please ehh, is there anytime one is required to send a letter from his or her work place? If yes when and to what address?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2016
I'm not sure if Nova Scotia PNP is currently open but i know the online application can be submitted.

Doggys:
hello house. someone made mention of applying to nova scotia,i want to confirm if their provincial nomination program is open now?Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 11:04am On May 25, 2016
powermike9999:
I want to evaluate only my MBA with IQAS. Does any1 think i shld evalute my B.sc as well?

For lawyers do you evaluate your law school and LL.b?

Thanks

You may want to send both certs (mba+bsc). For law degrees forget urlaw school cert for now. Although you'll require it for licensing o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:18am On May 25, 2016
superchi:
UPDATE ON ALL PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS

Provinces

Eligibility
Points required
Status as on 16th May 2016

Alberta

Full time Job offer with positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Canadian employer is mandatory.
Not applicable
Accepting applications.

British Columbia

Full time Job offer with positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Canadian employer is mandatory..
Not applicable
Accepting applications.

Manitoba

·        Must demonstrate support in the form of a “friend” or a “relative”. The supporter must be living in Manitoba for at least one year continuously and should be able to support applicant’s settlement plan.
·        At least one year of full-time work experience in the past five years.
·        IELTS: CLB 5 for occupations falling under O, A & B. Whereas CLB 4 for occupations listed in C & D.
·        Education recognized by educational credential assessment (ECA).
Note: The support must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. 
Accepting applications.

New Brunswick

Connection to New Brunswick
·        Must have profile in express entry.
·        Must demonstrate a connection described below
I.          Must have relatives  living in New Brunswick as permanent residents or citizens for at least one year
II.          Job offer or full time education.
III.          One year work experience from New Brunswick
IV.          Must have first language French together with a TEF certificate validating the language and will apply under one of the professions listed below:

Open category

·        Only the following NOC codes are eligible:
        2171, 2172, 2174, 2175 and 2281
·        Eligible candidates are required to submit EOI form along with their latest resume to entree.express.entry@gnb.ca 
·        Subject line must be related to applicant's occupation. Please see the below example:
      Open Category: Software Developer;      Java, C++

Accepting applications.

Newfoundland and Labrador

Full time Job offer along with Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Canadian employer is mandatory.
Not applicable
Accepting applications.

Nova Scotia

·        Education recognized by educational credential assessment (ECA).
·        Must have one year of full time work experience in one of 29 occupations demand.
·        CLB 7 in all the four categories of IELTS.

Currently not accepting applications.

Ontario

Must be in the express entry pool with a CRS score of 400 or more.
Intake of applications has stopped with effective from 16th Feb 2016. This update was announced officially on 9th May 2016.
Prince Edward Island
Must have profile in express entry.
Interested candidates can fill the required form and send it to expressentry@gov.pe.ca

Saskatchewan

·        Education recognized by educational credential assessment (ECA).
·        Must have one year of full time work experience in the last ten years in one of the 60 occupations in demand.
·        CLB 5 in all the four categories of IELTS.
·        If your work experience is in an occupation that is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires mandatory (compulsory) certification or licensing, you are required to obtain proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure to be able to work in that profession before you apply to the SINP

60 points
Current not accepting applications under Express Entry Sub-Category.

Yukon

Full time Job offer with positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Canadian employer is mandatory.
Not applicable
Accepting applications

Please, What do you mean by not applicable in this writeup.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 12:56pm On May 25, 2016
GrandCommander:

Please, What do you mean by not applicable in this writeup.

Points required is not applicable.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 25, 2016
how can one apply for any of those afore mentioned jobs listed and procedures.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olandofire(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2016
Hi everyone, I applied through express entry August last year and was invited to apply 3 days later. i submitted my application on the 30th of sept last year and have been waiting for their decision since. I hope I am in the right place here cos I have questions to ask concerning my application o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:24pm On May 25, 2016
Hotstepper:
Good day everyone.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Please ehh, is there anytime one is required to send a letter from his or her work place? If yes when and to what address?

Thank you

If you wish to claim points for your work experience in your current work place, then yes - you will need a 'Letter of Experience' from your employer. The letter must follow a specific format, which can be found on the CIC website, and can be addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 6:33pm On May 25, 2016
olandofire:
Hi everyone, I applied through express entry August last year and was invited to apply 3 days later. i submitted my application on the 30th of sept last year and have been waiting for their decision since. I hope I am in the right place here cos I have questions to ask concerning my application o.

You are in the right place.

Welcome.

Please ask your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olandofire(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2016
superchi:

You are in the right place.

Welcome.

Please ask your questions.

Thank you very much. I am studying medicine in the Caribbean (will finish this year). I used my B.Sc. and M.Sc. obtained in Nigeria for the application and the work experience I got in Nigeria. The grey areas for me are the fact that 1) I don't have any pay slip for that job cos its been a while so I submitted a reference letter from my former boss and my employment contract. Will that be sufficient? 2) To prove my financial status, my mum sent the money to my account and swore affidavit that its a gift which would not be taken back. I hope this will not work against me cos I couldn't build my account as required (I am just a student).
Finally, I woke up this morning to see a mail saying myCIC account has been updated, but when I logged into the account, nothing was updated. everything was exactly the way it was. Please has anyone experienced this before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 8:09pm On May 25, 2016
olandofire:

Thank you very much. I am studying medicine in the Caribbean (will finish this year). I used my B.Sc. and M.Sc. obtained in Nigeria for the application and the work experience I got in Nigeria. The grey areas for me are the fact that 1) I don't have any pay slip for that job cos its been a while so I submitted a reference letter from my former boss and my employment contract. Will that be sufficient? 2) To prove my financial status, my mum sent the money to my account and swore affidavit that its a gift which would not be taken back. I hope this will not work against me cos I couldn't build my account as required (I am just a student).
Finally, I woke up this morning to see a mail saying myCIC account has been updated, but when I logged into the account, nothing was updated. everything was exactly the way it was. Please has anyone experienced this before?

First, do you know you can request for information on your file? But you need someone in Canada to that for you.
It's called GCMS (Global Case Management System), the report has valuable information on the current status and future processing of your application. Find the link here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
To your question 1. They may ask you for it and account statement showing salary will do 2. Affidavit is fine & 3. That mail is called 'Ghost mail'. Nothing special, lots of people got it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 8:40pm On May 25, 2016
superchi:

First, do you know you can request for information on your file? But you need someone in Canada to that for you.
It's called GCMS (Global Case Management System), the report has valuable information on the current status and future processing of your application. Find the link here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
To your question 1. They may ask you for it and account statement showing salary will do 2. Affidavit is fine & 3. That mail is called 'Ghost mail'. Nothing special, lots of people got it.
olandofire:

Just in case you don't have anyone in Canada, you can request your GCMS from www.visafile.info or gcmsnow.com but it costs $23-$25

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olandofire(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2016
superchi:

Thanks for your response. i really appreciate it. My problem now is I don't have that account anymore. Infact I don't have any Nigerian account at all. I can't remember any detail of the account apart from the fact that it was a GTB account. It was an e-account and was useless to me when I left Nigeria in 2012. I never knew I was gonna need it. chai.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olandofire(m): 9:30pm On May 25, 2016
Zimex:

Just in case you don't have anyone in Canada, you can request your GCMS from www.visafile.info or gcmsnow.com but it costs $23-$25

Thanks for this useful tip
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:35am On May 26, 2016
long timeyall!
where all these my doctors self...lol

mehn I just want to know if going to canada via the student route (maybe masters in pub.health etc) has any swift advantage for PR waka? I know the programmes change there, like we have Canadian experience and all but can you actually continue the same application started before entering Canada for study?

Thanks.
@vcole how you dey? currently on your profile reading your mcc posts again, i am starting off mine this week by Gods grace!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rokee(m): 12:55am On May 26, 2016
Hello house,

I don't have my degree certificate yet. Does IQAS process ECA with statement of result?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ademo1: 12:57am On May 26, 2016
I av had much interest in relocating to Canada but my constraint is that when I checked through cig.com, I realized that the experience they are talking about is canada experience. I haven't traveled out of this country Nigeria before, how can I have Canada experience. It shows that I can't apply. Can anyone please advise me how I can go abut it even without canada experience except 7 years of experience in my profession which among the listed profession for the federal skilled workers, express entry. I will appreciate ur contributions. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 3:42am On May 26, 2016
ademo1:
I av had much interest in relocating to Canada but my constraint is that when I checked through cig.com, I realized that the experience they are talking about is canada experience. I haven't traveled out of this country Nigeria before, how can I have Canada experience. It shows that I can't apply. Can anyone please advise me how I can go abut it even without canada experience except 7 years of experience in my profession which among the listed profession for the federal skilled workers, express entry. I will appreciate ur contributions. Thanks

There are no constraints With your work experience. If your job experience in Nigeria fits into Noc A, B, or 0 you are good to go. You can go ahead and start the process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 3:45am On May 26, 2016
rokee:
Hello house,

I don't have my degree certificate yet. Does IQAS process ECA with statement of result?

Your statement of result should be fine. If you are not sure you can check their website to confirm.
I used my statement of result for Wes and had no trouble.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Olusegunoni: 8:14am On May 26, 2016
Hello all. It's nice meeting you guys and I'm so excited to be here. I have started my processing as well as written the English proficiency test but i will like to involve a consultant now. I was introduced to one but would like to find out if anyone knows him and if he's genuine. His name is Rich Global travels in Ibadan. Any info on him. I'm also open to suggestions. How bless you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Olusegunoni: 8:16am On May 26, 2016
Hello all. It's nice meeting you guys and I'm so excited to be here. I have started my processing as well as written the English proficiency test but i will like to involve a consultant now. I was introduced to one but would like to find out if anyone knows him and if he's genuine. His name is Rich Global travels in Ibadan. Any info on him. I'm also open to suggestions. How bless you all[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rokee(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2016
thank you very much beyunce
beyunce:

Your statement of result should be fine. If you are not sure you can check their website to confirm.
I used my statement of result for Wes and had no trouble.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2016
ugoiyke79e:

first of all, i be woman abeg. make una change d bros to sis jorrr grin@ ebho and esosa
1) wen u register on physicianapply, u will be given some documents to download and take to a lawyer or notary public. u will also have to notarize a photocopy of your mbbs, data page of your international passport and a passport size photograph.
2) u will post all d above to canada by mail not by scan pls.( except if they recently changed d procedure shaa)
3) they will look through these documents and either accept or reject it. if accepted, they will scan and upload it into your profile and u or any other person will be able o see it online.
4) one of d documents u will fill, sign, and send is a consent/authorization for them (through ECFMG) to request verification from your univ that u completed and graduated there as u claim. for me, my registrar was contacted. if no response frm your schl, u will be informed on who to contact at ur schl to reply them.

5) once your verification scales thru, u can then request for an eca report- at a cost... u will be given both an e-copy and a hard copy posted by mail.
6) regarding time line, frm opening a physicianapply.ca account to receiving ma eca report took about 4-5mnths. most of d delay came from me.
hope these help u and anyone concerned.

Thanks for this info @ugokiye, how are you doing and how is your waka going at the moment? (what stage are you now).

I finally started MCC in terms of making an account and paid the 278 dolls. I have filled up my profile and even the Source Verification request!
I haven't clicked "finalize" because I want to confirm from you if its possible for me to do my notarisation from Nigeria even though I currently reside in Saudi Arabia!(that shouldn't be a problem right?)

I say this because this place ehn, I have accessibility issues and takes time to do anything official. So i think it will be faster if I scan all the documents (certificate, passport data page, passport photo and signed consent/release form to Naija).

Lastly, if i choose Naija, must the originals be cited? because my international passport is with me. Anyways my certificate sef is in Naija, and I can scan my passport photograph right?

Pleas what do you think/advice.

Thanks!!

cc: @vcole
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 9:42am On May 26, 2016
Olusegunoni:
Hello all. It's nice meeting you guys and I'm so excited to be here. I have started my processing as well as written the English proficiency test but i will like to involve a consultant now. I was introduced to one but would like to find out if anyone knows him and if he's genuine. His name is Rich Global travels in Ibadan. Any info on him. I'm also open to suggestions. How bless you all

You will not need a consultant if you follow the thread thoroughly.

My opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 2:09pm On May 26, 2016
Olusegunoni:
Hello all. It's nice meeting you guys and I'm so excited to be here. I have started my processing as well as written the English proficiency test but i will like to involve a consultant now. I was introduced to one but would like to find out if anyone knows him and if he's genuine. His name is Rich Global travels in Ibadan. Any info on him. I'm also open to suggestions. How bless you all[color=#990000][/color]
You don't need an agent,the gurus on this thread know far more about the whole process than most agents. Read through and then go ahead to ask questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
Pls house,how do I evaluate my B.Pharmacy for express entry,is it through WES or a licensing body?

@ Vcole and other experienced members.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:40pm On May 26, 2016
check the cic site carefully. they specified the pharmacy board.
veleta:
Pls house,how do I evaluate my B.Pharmacy for express entry,is it through WES or a licensing body?

@ Vcole and other experienced members.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:42pm On May 26, 2016
hi. i think you should notarise your documents in Saudi. you currently reside there and would obviously be claiming points for your current period of employment there as your EE app progresses so i don't see that as a problem. All you need is to locate a notary public. it takes only a few minutes. they view the original and then stamp and sign the photocopy.
esosa4real:

Thanks for this info @ugokiye, how are you doing and how is your waka going at the moment? (what stage are you now).

I finally started MCC in terms of making an account and paid the 278 dolls. I have filled up my profile and even the Source Verification request!
I haven't clicked "finalize" because I want to confirm from you if its possible for me to do my notarisation from Nigeria even though I currently reside in Saudi Arabia!(that shouldn't be a problem right?)

I say this because this place ehn, I have accessibility issues and takes time to do anything official. So i think it will be faster if I scan all the documents (certificate, passport data page, passport photo and signed consent/release form to Naija).

Lastly, if i choose Naija, must the originals be cited? because my international passport is with me. Anyways my certificate sef is in Naija, and I can scan my passport photograph right?

Pleas what do you think/advice.

Thanks!!

cc: @vcole
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 3:53pm On May 26, 2016
Thanks Vcole,I saw the process,its similar to evaluation for doctors.
Pls,hope am not asking too much,is it worth it to leave a Pharmacy job in a teaching hospital with three years experience for Canada express entry.
Thanks for your time

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.