Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593248 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2015
saxywale:

Well, fingers crossed. I was one of those that got PR during the years the conservatives were trying hard to clear the backlogs created by the liberals. When the conservatives took over the government, backlog was already 10 years+ for skilled workers. Those that had families in Canada usually applied through pnp and were always given priority(fast processing of less than 2 years). The conservatives did a good job by bringing it down to around 6 months.

I hope the liberals have changed their ways though and improve on the immigration policies of the conservatives not revamping it entirely.. Let's hope for the best.

No doubt, the Conservatives did an excellent job, however, I don't think the Liberals would struggle with maintaining the system that has been built ans tested working.

On a personal note, I also prefer the conservatives as they appear more realistic as against the idealistic Liberals. I just hope they do not further mess up the Canadian Economy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by captured(f): 11:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Hi, i am applying for FSWP through an agency (canreach) and all was going well till The One Account Policy. it has prevented my institution from been able to send my transcript to WES since we have no account to pay to and it cant be processed without payment evidence.
Would this delay impact on my application.

Also, i am wondering which state to select, am a single mum of two boys age 5 & 7 which means school has to be within reach. I currently work as web developer/consultant and own my own DI/Heat Transfer Press

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
Dear Seniors,

Good day to you all.

I am completing EOI on NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream Self-Assessment Form, New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program which I plan to submit early next month, what are the meanings of Job Seeker Validation; Express Entry Key Number and where can I find them?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlphaNumero: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
zandora:

I did not apply via Quebec, I applied via FSW express entry.

Hi Zandora,
Your insight and input has been very helpful on this thread. Thank you for everything.

I was wondering if I could pick your brain a bit.

I received an ITA and excitedly applied on the 3rd of September. Unfortunately, my application was rejected 6 days later. The police report I sent for my time in the UK was dated before I stopped living there and as such my application was thrown out.

I got back into the pool and applied for a fresh police report and I was drawn again and invited to apply. For the second application, I got all my ducks in a row and included as many documents as I could.

I was on a nervous 6-day watch from the time I submitted the application. Once bitten, twice shy. All of the excitement from the first round was extinguished and now I am just filled with nerves and I'm apprehensive. The What-Ifs plague me terribly.

I read here that you received your PPR and read where you gave details of your profile - it's closely similar to mine.. and for some reason I have had a spirit of calm reading your story.

Please can you share some of your experiences (if any) during the 5-month wait? Did CIC call you? Your employer? Did they request any documents? Did they ask you to come for an interview? Were there any extra details you needed to provide?

I would appreciate it if you can share.

Thanks.

TheNervousOne

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nimreet: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
Dear seniors

My name is manprit kaur . I am married.
My age is 27 years
My qualifications is M.B.A Finance and graduation in commerce

I have 5 years experience in Noc 4163

Myielts score is list=6 ; Reading =5 ; writing =6 ;speaking =6.

Can I apply for SINP . what is procedure .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
captured:
Hi, i am applying for FSWP through an agency (canreach) and all was going well till The One Account Policy. it has prevented my institution from been able to send my transcript to WES since we have no account to pay to and it cant be processed without payment evidence.
Would this delay impact on my application.

Also, i am wondering which state to select, am a single mum of two boys age 5 & 7 which means school has to be within reach. I currently work as web developer/consultant and own my own DI/Heat Transfer Press

Using Canreach is a waste of money, I'll charge very less wink

Much of what you have said here is hard to understand. What is One Account Policy and, how does it affect your institution regarding sending your transcripts to WES. All you need to pay for WES is your atm card. You get on their website and fill necessary details and provide details of your card. They will notify you of successful payment and give you a reference number which you will ask school to quote in the cover letter for your transcript. Also, there's a Transcript Refuest Form you will print from WES which you will fill part of it and give your school to fill the rest and include with your transcript before sending it. I don't see any hard thing here except you have issues with how you do payment transactions.

You can choose as many provinces as you like but, Google the province in Canada where your intended occupation is doing well in and that can guide you in your choice of province

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
@JesusDWay, I think she was referring to the Treasury Single Account. May be she attended a Federal Institution.

@Captured, why not go ahead and make the payment into the TSA account with CBN. Luckily, all banks can receive this payment. You can proceed to send your proof of payment to your institution. Your institution should be able to send your transcript to WES after confirming (don't know how they do this anyway) your payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
Maybe there's something I don't know here, how does TSA affect Federal institutions? There still must be a way to do your payment for whatever you need from the school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
nimreet:
Dear seniors

My name is manprit kaur . I am married.
My age is 27 years
My qualifications is M.B.A Finance and graduation in commerce

I have 5 years experience in Noc 4163

Myielts score is list=6 ; Reading =5 ; writing =6 ;speaking =6.

Can I apply for SINP . what is procedure .

Check the link below. When you have opened it, scroll down a little and locate 'Application Guide', click on it and you will find all the information you need but first, scroll to the end of it to see the list of occupations they need people for to find out if yours is among, only then can you even think of applying.

http://economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/occupations-in-demand
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
AlphaNumero:

Hi Zandora,
Your insight and input has been very helpful on this thread. Thank you for everything.

I was wondering if I could pick your brain a bit.

I received an ITA and excitedly applied on the 3rd of September. Unfortunately, my application was rejected 6 days later. The police report I sent for my time in the UK was dated before I stopped living there and as such my application was thrown out.

I got back into the pool and applied for a fresh police report and I was drawn again and invited to apply. For the second application, I got all my ducks in a row and included as many documents as I could.

I was on a nervous 6-day watch from the time I submitted the application. Once bitten, twice shy. All of the excitement from the first round was extinguished and now I am just filled with nerves and I'm apprehensive. The What-Ifs plague me terribly.

I read here that you received your PPR and read where you gave details of your profile - it's closely similar to mine.. and for some reason I have had a spirit of calm reading your story.

Please can you share some of your experiences (if any) during the 5-month wait? Did CIC call you? Your employer? Did they request any documents? Did they ask you to come for an interview? Were there any extra details you needed to provide?

I would appreciate it if you can share.

Thanks.

TheNervousOne

Sorry to hear about your refusal, PCC's can be quite tricky. Didn't receive any call from cic neither did my employer. No interview however I was asked to complete my travel history. I just included as many documents as I could to further establish/clarify my work history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlphaNumero: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
zandora:

Sorry to hear about your refusal, PCC's can be quite tricky. Didn't receive any call from cic neither did my employer. No interview however I was asked to complete my travel history. I just included as many documents as I could to further establish/clarify my work history.

Thanks a lot. Fingers crossed now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebimarian: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hope dis is not a scam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gbemigalew: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

The pof thing for SINP can be somehow, cuz of the 3months requirement however, I'll say if you can trace the transaction to a recent history that has the required amount, let it reflect in the statement before it then shows the period when you stopped touching it which will be next week. You may print it almost at the end of December to use for the application.

The last one took like 30mins I think, to fill up so, don't think it can get to Jan 2.

Thanks for the response JesusDWay, unfortunately I don't have a recent history that has up to that amount, does that mean I can't apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
Gbemigalew:

Thanks for the response JesusDWay, unfortunately I don't have a recent history that has up to that amount, does that mean I can't apply?

You sure can, you may however try to be as updated as possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 12:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Hello JesusDWay,

Good day to you.

I am completing EOI on NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream Self-Assessment Form, New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program which I plan to submit early next month, what are the meanings of Job Seeker Validation; Express Entry Key Number and where can I find them?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 3:08am On Oct 25, 2015
Phemmie72:
Hello JesusDWay,

Good day to you.

Thanks.

2 PDF messages were sent to you when you entered the EE pool. Download them and extract those details. If you haven't entered the pool already, you might need to enter it right away to get those details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by liliian(f): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
mishooo:
My Aunt's grandchild.
i guess its the same as your explanation though, looking at it from another angle.

can you help me? https://www.nairaland.com/2685865/need-assignment-java-programming
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigoziri7: 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hummm..thank you..funds are not an issue at all, the issue is actually time. Time to prepare for the test and write the test. we work and hardly have time so thats why i wanted to write the french becos i studied french (1st degree), i speak fluently, live and work in a francophone country so i am french except in my passport lol.. Moreover, the test venue is not far from my house (stay in Lome). Hubby is not so good in French dats why i asked if he could do IELTS. if we have to do IELTS, we need to drive down to Accra which ofcourse ill need 3 days off work and again, we need to prepare. the next ielts exam in Accra is dec 2, 7th and 9th if am not mistaken. so its actually the time.
JesusDWay:

I suggested you write the two, not sharing it between you and hubby. If funds are the constraints, I'll advice you borrow now to do the exam and you can the person later.

I suggest you write and have your results before January 1st cuz, you may miss the opportunities in January if you wait till February
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekicedar: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Pls house kindly assist.

1. Can I use my mutual fund account as POF.
2. Hubby changed surname to fathers's first name.we got married with his new surname but he has d old surname on his Pport. I am d principal applicant almost done with ECA so I can enter d pool.He has not started d process to apply for change of surname( if he is granted).
I can't wait for him any longer.

Pls what name should I fill for him ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ekicedar:
Pls house kindly assist.

1. Can I use my mutual fund account as POF.
2. Hubby changed surname to fathers's first name.we got married with his new surname but he has d old surname on his Pport. I am d principal applicant almost done with ECA so I can enter d pool.He has not started d process to apply for change of surname( if he is granted).
I can't wait for him any longer.

Pls what name should I fill for him ?

Fill the name on his present passport. If he becomes succesful in changing it before you get ITA, you then change it to the new one. Even if its after, just notify them and there shouldn't be any problem.

If by mutual funds you mean your pension account, yes you can use it but let it be a supporting account and not the main one
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
chigoziri7:
Hummm..thank you..funds are not an issue at all, the issue is actually time. Time to prepare for the test and write the test. we work and hardly have time so thats why i wanted to write the french becos i studied french (1st degree), i speak fluently, live and work in a francophone country so i am french except in my passport lol.. Moreover, the test venue is not far from my house (stay in Lome). Hubby is not so good in French dats why i asked if he could do IELTS. if we have to do IELTS, we need to drive down to Accra which ofcourse ill need 3 days off work and again, we need to prepare. the next ielts exam in Accra is dec 2, 7th and 9th if am not mistaken. so its actually the time.

You can go ahead tho, the IELTS adds more marks for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cedarhaven: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
JesusDWay:

Fill the name on his present passport. If he becomes succesful in changing it before you get ITA, you then change it to the new one. Even if its after, just notify them and there shouldn't be any problem.

If by mutual funds you mean your pension account, yes you can use it but let it be a supporting account and not the main one

By mutual fund account I meant investment account (asset mgt ) bonds, money mkt. Its different from my pension acct
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Well, I know of someone that used his mutual fund account (I think it's stanbic money market fund) for the POF requirement. So yes u can. Not sure of the pension account especially the main RSA but I guess any voluntary contribution into your RSA can be used (caveat: this hasn't been tested to the best of my knowledge)
cedarhaven:

By mutual fund account I meant investment account (asset mgt ) bonds, money mkt. Its different from my pension acct
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gbemigalew: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
JesusDWay:

You sure can, you may however try to be as updated as possible
okay thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thanks for your message.

I have entered the pool before but, ineligible, where do I locate the 2 PDF files again?

Etfash:

2 PDF messages were sent to you when you entered the EE pool. Download them and extract those details. If you haven't entered the pool already, you might need to enter it right away to get those details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Phemmie72:
Thanks for your message.

I have entered the pool before but, ineligible, where do I locate the 2 PDF files again?

It's when you're eligible ie your profile has been accepted that you receive the 2 pdf files, that is the job seekers validation code and EE no. It's these 2 codes that'll also enable you register for job bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2015
Good morning house,

Please I will need the gurus in the house to assist in answering my two (2) questions regarding POF below:

1. If you are applying for FSW, at what point will you need to provide your POF, and can you open and submit your profile while you are working on saving for your POF?

2. From what I read, I understand that some pronvices require that you must have your POF 3 months before your application for PNP, is it all provinces that request for this or is there some other provinces that request for applicant's POF only after their PNP is successful?

Please I would be glad if these questions can be answered by any of the special ones we have in here as this is very important for me in order to take a decision with respect to my application.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
ramsol00:
Good morning house,

Please I will need the gurus in the house to assist in answering my two (2) questions regarding POF below:

1. If you are applying for FSW, at what point will you need to provide your POF, and can you open and submit your profile while you are working on saving for your POF?

2. From what I read, I understand that some pronvices require that you must have your POF 3 months before your application for PNP, is it all provinces that request for this or is there some other provinces that request for applicant's POF only after their PNP is successful?

Please I would be glad if these questions can be answered by any of the special ones we have in here as this is very important for me in order to take a decision with respect to my application.

Thanks in anticipation

1.) At the point when you have been selected to submit your documents in application for Permanent Residency is the time you will need pof so, you can apply and enter the pool while you are building your pof and waiting to be selected to apply fully for PR

2.) Its only Saskatchewan that asks for pof which the amount required must have been sitting in the account 3months before applying, all other provinces are normal but, you submit your pof with other required documents before your application for PNP can be successful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
JesusDWay:

1.) At the point when you have been selected to submit your documents in application for Permanent Residency is the time you will need pof so, you can apply and enter the pool while you are building your pof and waiting to be selected to apply fully for PR

2.) Its only Saskatchewan that asks for pof which the amount required must have been sitting in the account 3months before applying, all other provinces are normal but, you submit your pof with other required documents before your application for PNP can be successful

Thank you so much sir,

Another one briefly, does the POF have to be in form of monthly salary (i.e likely interval inflow into the account) or can u also have lump sum (for example, amount realized from sales of one's asset/property, or a gift from someone) and do you think such lump sum can be acceptable?

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
ramsol00:

Thank you so much sir,

Another one briefly, does the POF have to be in form of monthly salary (i.e likely interval inflow into the account) or can u also have lump sum (for example, amount realized from sales of one's asset/property, or a gift from someone) and do you think such lump sum can be acceptable?

Thank you in anticipation.

The lump sum can be accepted as long as you provide proof of how you obtained the said sum e.g receipts from the sale of your asset(s).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsM: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hello everyone! Please has anyone done WES accessment for Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)? Do you know if they do verification through email or post? Urgent answers needed. Thank you in advance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.