Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2592671 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ejirostephen(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
MrsM:
Hello everyone! Please has anyone done WES accessment for Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)? Do you know if they do verification through email or post? Urgent answers needed. Thank you in advance!
Formerly via post but now strictly via email. Mine was among d vert first set to test run d email and it was successful. Wish u all d best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsM: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oh that's such a relief. Thank you so much!
ejirostephen:

Formerly via post but now strictly via email. Mine was among d vert first set to test run d email and it was successful. Wish u all d best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deesmom(f): 12:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Good day all, please has anyone verified his documents from WES at the University of ibadan. I also have challenges with my IELTS result. I wrote the exam august, got a mail from them to come and recapture my biometrics, unfortunately I couldn't go till last week. On getting to BC I was told that I have waited for too long as such I may need to rewrite the test. How can I get this rectified as I don't have the luxury of time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nyabingi(m): 1:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Hello guys I was referred to this thread by a friend kindly help me out -- I have a friend in Manitoba who said she will stand for me under the Manitoba nominee program but she doesn't have much info about the program.
I and my wife and child of 1year want to apply for MPNP but don't really know where start.

I need clarification on the three months bank balance, is it late if I start filling expression of interest form?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
nyabingi:
Hello guys I was referred to this thread by a friend kindly help me out -- I have a friend in Manitoba who said she will stand for me under the Manitoba nominee program but she doesn't have much info about the program.
I and my wife and child of 1year want to apply for MPNP but don't really know where start.

I need clarification on the three months bank balance, is it late if I start filling expression of interest form?

Manitoba does not require 3months bank statement, its Saskatchewan that requires it.

You can start your Manitoba journey here from the link below, its not too late to start:

www.immigratemanitoba.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thrombos(f): 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
JesusDWay:

Using Canreach is a waste of money, I'll charge very less wink
Much of what you have said here is hard to understand. What is One Account Policy and, how does it affect your institution regarding sending your transcripts to WES. All you need to pay for WES is your atm card. You get on their website and fill necessary details and provide details of your card. They will notify you of successful payment and give you a reference number which you will ask school to quote in the cover letter for your transcript. Also, there's a Transcript Refuest Form you will print from WES which you will fill part of it and give your school to fill the rest and include with your transcript before sending it. I don't see any hard thing here except you have issues with how you do payment transactions.
You can choose as many provinces as you like but, Google the province in Canada where your intended occupation is doing well in and that can guide you in your choice of province
JesusDWay:

Using Canreach is a waste of money, I'll charge very less wink[color=#000099][/color]
Much of what you have said here is hard to understand. What is One Account Policy and, how does it affect your institution regarding sending your transcripts to WES. All you need
Much of what you have said here is hard to understand. What is One Account Policy and, how does it affect your institution regarding sending your transcripts to WES. All you need to pay for WES id. You get on their website and fill necessary details and provide details of your card. They will notify you of successful payment and give you a reference number which you will ask school to quote in the cover letter for your transcript. Also, there's a Transcript Refuest Form you will print from WES which you will fill part of it and give your school to fill the rest and include with your transcript before sending it. I don't see any hard thing here except you have issues with how you do payment transactions.
You can choose as many provinces as you like but, Google the province in Canada where your intended occupation is doing well in and that can guide you in your choice of province
JesusDWay:

Much of what you have said here is hard to understand. What is One Account Policy and, how does it affect your institution regarding sending your transcripts to WES. All you need to pay for WES is your atm card. You get on their website and fill necessary details and provide details of your card. They will notify you of successful payment and give you a reference number which you will ask school to quote in the cover letter for your transcript. Also, there's a Transcript Refuest Form you will print from WES which you will fill part of it and give your school to fill the rest and include with your transcript before sending it. I don't see any hard thing here except you have issues with how you do payment transactions.
JesusDWay:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:14am On Oct 28, 2015
Why the reposts above?

angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nyabingi(m): 7:05am On Oct 28, 2015
JesusDWay:

Manitoba does not require 3months bank statement, its Saskatchewan that requires it.

You can start your Manitoba journey here from the link below, its not too late to start:

www.immigratemanitoba.com

Thanks for the swift response I have visited the site and still digesting it, according the instructions IELTS is mandatory please is this test for me and my spouse or just me also what are the financial implication for a family of three with a year old child
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hildarela: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2015
Good day All,
I've been following this thread prior to my Ielts test on Sept 26.
L-7.5
R-8.5
W-7.0
S-8.0
My husband who is the principal applicant has to retake the test. My question is what is a possible solution to insufficient funds for POF
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2015
Good day wonderful people,

Please I need our gurus in here to assist me by providing answers to the following questions:

1. As regards evaluation of results, on opening my account with WES Canada as a married applicant, will I evaluate my results and that of my spouse on the same WES account eventhough we finished from different school (Unilag & Unilorin) or will the evaluation be on our individual WES account?

2. Do we have any guru here with useful hint/direction on their experience in evaluating Unilag & Unilorin results with WES? ...I wud be glad to hear from there on how to go abt it.

Thanks to everyone for the usual kindness as I anxiously awaits response from our dear gurus in the house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2015
nyabingi:

Thanks for the swift response I have visited the site and still digesting it, according the instructions IELTS is mandatory please is this test for me and my spouse or just me also what are the financial implication for a family of three with a year old child

It's only the principal applicant that will write IELTS. Also, 14kCAD is what is required for a family of 3, 10k for the principal applicant and 2k for each accompanying family member.

Meanwhile, your score won't be high enough for the mpnp cuz it's a friend you have there and not family. Those with family have a 150point advantage. As it stands presently, they have issued more than 2000 LAAs(Letter of Advice to Apply) out of the 5000 they will be issuing and they are still at 560. Between 400 and 500 I think, is what someone whose connection to Manitoba is through a friend can score, provided you have not applied to EE and the draws they have done in the last two period was just a difference of 2marks from each other so, it might take time before it goes down.

I suggest you look for other Provincial Nomination programmes as well and not wait only for mpnp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:12am On Oct 28, 2015
zandora:
Why the reposts above?

angry

Abi o!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2015
ramsol00:
Good day wonderful people,

Please I need our gurus in here to assist me by providing answers to the following questions:

1. As regards evaluation of results, on opening my account with WES Canada as a married applicant, will I evaluate my results and that of my spouse on the same WES account eventhough we finished from different school (Unilag & Unilorin) or will the evaluation be on our individual WES account?

2. Do we have any guru here with useful hint/direction on their experience in evaluating Unilag & Unilorin results with WES? ...I wud be glad to hear from there on how to go abt it.

Thanks to everyone for the usual kindness as I anxiously awaits response from our dear gurus in the house.

Separate accounts you have to open for you both and you will pay separate money.

Get someone in the registry or transcript section the schools, they can help you fasttrack the process. Meanwhile, check my previous explanation on what needs to be done in getting your transcripts adequately packaged before being sent to WES, you should see it on the previous page in reply to someone's question. I advise you send it by courier.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 10:20am On Oct 28, 2015
Nice Job here guys. Just discovered this thread and I've taken time to read from the beginning.

Did IELTS Sept 26: L:9 R:9 W:8.5 S:7 (guess i am good to go)

From what I've read here, i guess the next thing to do is WES evaluation.

I have a BSc and almost done with MSc. Will I evaluate just MSc or both degrees?

Also, do I need my certificate for the evaluation or just transcripts (I noticed only transcripts is mentioned on this thread)

I can obtain my transcript now but I have to wait till december for statement of result and till march for certificate. So i want to know if I can proceed with WES now.

Thanks good people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2015
hildarela:
Good day All,
I've been following this thread prior to my Ielts test on Sept 26.
L-7.5
R-8.5
W-7.0
S-8.0
My husband who is the principal applicant has to retake the test. My question is what is a possible solution to insufficient funds for POF
Thank you

Whichever of you is younger and can score better in IELTS and also has sufficient years of work experience(let's say like 4-5) and has higher qualification should be the principal applicant for you to have sufficiently high score(this is not a matter of - he's the head of the home o! lol).

Find a way of getting the money for now, God can have blessed you by the time you want to leave finally.

Meanwhile, use the link below to determine who between you and hubby will score higher as the principal applicant

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hildarela: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2015
JesusDWay:

Whichever of you is younger and can score better in IELTS and also has sufficient years of work experience(let's say like 4-5) and has higher qualification should be the principal applicant for you to have sufficiently high score(this is not a matter of - he's the head of the home o! lol).
Find a way of getting the money for now, God can have blessed you by the time you want to leave finally.
Meanwhile, use the link below to determine who between you and hubby will score higher as the principal applicant
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thank you
I score higher as I am younger but its not a lot of difference.. 393 for me and 379 for him.
Either is not high enough.
I would also need to get Police certificate and ECA done from UK as I used to live there.
His own seems less hassle. He has already got ECA
Only thing left for us to create profile using him as PA is his IELTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hildarela: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2015
@zandora
Congrats and all the best!
Please did you have a job offer or PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
hildarela:
@zandora
Click on her id to view her comments.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
hildarela:
@zandora

No, didn't have either.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hildarela: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
zandora:

No, didn't have either.

Ok that's good.
Congrats again.
We are yet to submit a profile as my husband needs to retake his Ielts.
Do you think I should bother with ECA as im not the principal applicant?
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
Phemmie72:
Hello JesusDWay,

Good day to you.

I am completing EOI on NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream Self-Assessment Form, New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program which I plan to submit early next month, what are the meanings of Job Seeker Validation; Express Entry Key Number and where can I find them?

Thanks.

Hi, I followed your question and the answers provided.

Does it mean one has to register in the EE pool, be eligible and get those 2 numbers, before one can submit an EOI for NBPNP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
hildarela:

Ok that's good.
Congrats again.
We are yet to submit a profile as my husband needs to retake his Ielts.
Do you think I should bother with ECA as im not the principal applicant?
Thanks!

If you want up to 10 extra points then you should do it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sevule(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Brilliant. Thanks again.

Just saw this. To add to what Zandora said please make sure that the police station signs off or preferably stamps the fingerprint form. Have you also thought about which address you would use to receive the security clearance from the FBI?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
ejirostephen:

please does anyone have an idea how IMT Enugu respond to verification mail from WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
iceberg54:
Nice Job here guys. Just discovered this thread and I've taken time to read from the beginning.

I have a BSc and almost done with MSc. Will I evaluate just MSc or both degrees?

Also, do I need my certificate for the evaluation or just transcripts (I noticed only transcripts is mentioned on this thread)

I can obtain my transcript now but I have to wait till december for statement of result and till march for certificate. So i want to know if I can proceed with WES now.

Thanks good people.

@ Zandora and other bosses, pls help to answer this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
iceberg54:

@ Zandora and other bosses, pls help to answer this.

I'm supposing the cert you don't have is that of the Msc, anyway, I will suggest you send everything you can send, let WES determine if they will want to see your statement of result or certificate before doing the evaluation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ekpekus:

please does anyone have an idea how IMT Enugu respond to verification mail from WES?
Please seniors I need help with regard this question.
Tnx in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sheweezy(f): 11:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
Good evening and well done to the people here
Please I am a newbie on this thread and just about to start the Canadian process with my family. Please my husband is the principal applicant, do I need my own transcript too for WES or only that of hubby is needed. Then I have a masters degree with 2and half years working experience but hubby has 5 years working experience with BSc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:31am On Oct 29, 2015
iceberg54:

Thanks good people.

You don't need both as you only need to assess your highest qualification, so if you are sure that your Master's degree would be equivalent to a Canadian Master's then you should only assess your Master's.

However, you've mentioned that you are yet to complete your Master's therefore you can't assess it because you'll need a copy of your certificate or Statement of Results to send to WES which you currently don't have. If you can't wait till December or March then you should assess your Bachelor's but beware, it'll be quite tough to score over 450 with a BSc except you are between 20 - 29 years of age and blast your IELTS otherwise you'll have to look at going via the PNP route.

The difference in points between a Master's and a Bachelor's degree is 14 hence it's up to you to decide if you can wait.

My advice though would be for you to wait till your Statement of Results is out in December. Meanwhile start preparing the other documentation such as writing your IELTS, gathering the necessary police certificates and arranging your funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:37am On Oct 29, 2015
sheweezy:
Good evening and well done to the people here
Please I am a newbie on this thread and just about to start the Canadian process with my family. Please my husband is the principal applicant, do I need my own transcript too for WES or only that of hubby is needed. Then I have a masters degree with 2and half years working experience but hubby has 5 years working experience with BSc.

It's better for you to also assess your credentials and write the IELTS exam to add more points to your score since your husband only has a BSc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Good day,
I like to share something interesting, though its a private mail,i however hope it will be of some benefit. Secondly, aside the information, its a good piece of writing. For those experiencing challenges in writing, look at the write-up below keenly, it is the kind of structure expected in our ielts writing- the paragraghs, the sentence structures(simple, compound, complex), commas, and fullstop.

[b]Dear Gary,

The advises already given are true but I will add some things as a resident in Canada at the moment. You may be able to take some better decision if you are ready to face some facts that are highlighted below (it may look lengthy because of some details because it may be of help to educate as many as may need the information, kindly bear with me):

1) Canada is a country filled with a lot of opportunities. It is a lot different from countries like UK and even America. The number of illegal immigrants here are very low so it is easier to get into the system. However, there is usually a gestation period for your investment to florish. Accountants are doing great here. A major factor is where you reside, grace of God and luck as it is everywhere. Dont think of settling down in popular cities like Toronto. Im not saying the place is bad but you can try some developing provinces. In all, Canadians are one of the best people to relate with though they are strict on rules. No cutting corners. It is true you will face others who you are competing for thesame jobs here but you can have a great edge if you are ready to face the reality on time by getting any of the certification here.

2) Since the era of Enron, accounting profession had changed. There are lots of rules you must be able to know as a guide hence, you must get certification via CA, CMA or CGA. Even if you are partly certified, you can easily pick a good job. Not for Nigerians alone. Even Canadians, it is thesame. For those in Engineering field, especially those in Energy industry, you can get a job withing same month of arrival. It is not so with accounting. Canada believe in their own certifications. Even with 6 months diploma, you are better than some managers when you get a job here. The first rule is that you must think towards getting a certification here. That does not mean there are no exceptions but very few. Meanwhile, the moment you get certified here, you will surely pick very good job with very good pay. That is guaranranteed. They value their eduation here and sincerely, it is true.

3) However, if you have ACCA, you can get immediate certification as a CGA with your writting a course and you can pick a job faster here. The reciprocal MOU was just signed last year. When ICAN enter into mutual agreement, it was with CA, a body that requires you to be a Canadian citizen before you can be certified. Even when they seems to have changed, most people do not really relate with them. Most people join CGA and CMA. They all know ICAN. You can get some exceptions in their certification process to push you ahead. The accounting certification courses here are expensive because the benefits are enormous, but as a resident, you can get govt loan for any form of EDUCATION you do here. You will pay with great convenience.

4) Just like it took sometime for someone who came to Lagos before he can start working, it is also thesame here and everywhere. It may not be something you get on the day you arrive here but you can start on a good job within a short time. The issue of menial job is not common here as in the other countries. No employer can exploit you here. Everyone is equally protected by law. If you accuse someone of racism, it may lead to jail if confirmed. Infact, when you prepare your resume here, you dont put things like age, place of birth, gender, etc. Even if your school indicates your counrty, with a good resume cum experience, they will call you. Most employment starts with your getting trhough an employment agancy that has the jobs and link you to the employer. They are being paid for their services and when you perform in their tests, you are done. As an accountant here, your best tool is being good on excel. It is a prerequisite. Most of the agencies will test your proficiency on it.

5) You must be ready to sacrifice writing their exam even if it is to pass few courses. The moment you do that, you are on track. All jobs are regulated here. The moment you get some certifications, there is a minimum salary you can be paid. Meaning, nobody can demeaning or cheat you the way things seems to be in Nigeria where Chartered Accountants were Tellers in banks and even on contract jobs.

6) Government have a lot of programs including orientation here free of charge to assist an average immigrant to start life. They have some welfare benefits you are entitled to as a legal immigrant. With resident permit, so many benefits awaits you.

7) With my experience, I noticed that the citizens are placing some barries for people to enter their systems because as reasonable human being, if they dont, they will be sent parking from their land. They dont read so much here and when you come with ``plenty`` certificates as we do in Nigeria, without any barrier to slow you down a bit, you may outshine them hence they want you to proof your qualifications. The moment you are able to do that, no barriers again.

cool If you have resident permit and you have a good job in Nigeria, come and settle your family first. Get as much reserve (savings) as you can then come and join up. Even if you are managing, still try and make provision for something to assist you before you complete any certification (average of 6 months). That was my own approach and i`m seriously better for it. Some living expenses here are a bit expensive especially accommodation. But for food and basic things to settle down like furnitures, beddings, TV, Fridge etc, you will get them FREE (It sound odd but true). Govt will supply you majority of food items you need for your first one year. You will only need to buy few things that have expiry dates like milk and bread. Many Nigerian are doing well here. I will advise you to link up with some of those who are here that you know to confirm some of my claims.

9) Education is free for the children until they enter University. You are even paid child care benefit monthly which may be close to some people`s salary in some Nigeria employments. Many that are here came for the future of their children and it all depend on you on what you felt. Those whose children schooled here dont face what a new immigrant faces on arrival. Their parent already planted them on the land.

10) The economy is improving at a great speed here after the meltdown. The discrimination people fear is not as much pronunced. Maybe because of where I am based, but you have all opportunities to succeed. You can also predict the level of possible progress of things as you get on here.

11) Nobody can like you more than you like yourself. The decision on what to do is purely yours after weighing the pros and cons. While some may feel good coming, some may not. However, most of those I know that came here, I dont think it is common to see anyone that want to run back to Nigeria. If your view is based on the fact that ``without pain, there may be no gain``, you may try it out. For me, I was doing well in Nigeria and here, by God`s grace, no regret for coming.

I wish you the best of luck[/b].

39 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.