Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598232 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
I wish I knew about IQAS all the while, I tried ICAS out and we have been on it since may. It takes 24 weeks according to them to get an ECA.
Please try out others, ICAS is definitely the slowest. sad

1stNumeroUno:

Thanks tundechange! Just goggled it, but wondering why ICAS is not as popular as IQAS and WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 1stNumeroUno: 10:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bimpsy99:
I wish I knew about IQAS all the while, I tried ICAS out and we have been on it since may. It takes 24 weeks according to them to get an ECA.
Please try out others, ICAS is definitely the slowest. sad

Ooops! I just blew it...
My colleague used ICAS last year for ECA and it took her roughly 4months. She thought its because she's accessing 2degrees from 2 different countries (Nigerian 1st degree & UK master). So she suggested WES but I insisted on ICAS - since that's what she herself used. Just confirmed your feedback above when I read up their 'Assessment process'.
Well, we dey here sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 27, 2016
Angel005:
Hello House,

Please is IQAS strictly for Alberta or accepted in other provinces?

Thanks!
iqas i believe is acceptable for application. Only difference is that iqas is useless when you land in canada outside alberta, sask and nwt.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ctemi(f): 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hi, pls house am new to ds thread and i need a breakdown on how a nurse(married) can apply for ds canada express entry stuff. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 1:12am On Aug 28, 2016
Ctemi:
Hi, pls house am new to ds thread and i need a breakdown on how a nurse(married) can apply for ds canada express entry stuff. Thanks
Read the 1st page of this thread ..page 0.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ctemi(f): 3:05am On Aug 28, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Read the 1st page of this thread ..page 0.

Ok, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I plan on beginning my application for Express Entry under FSW next year, so right now I am just gathering information about how this whole thing works and making sure that I am informed so I don't do anything that will hinder my application.

One of the thing i noticed is that you would have to write a detailed history of your life in the past 10yrs when you have received an ITA. I also saw that a requirement is that you have to submit reference letters from previous employers. Now, I finished university from the UK with a computer science degree but when i finished I wasn't doing any professional job for like 2yrs. So i finished in 2009 and then I was working in a mental and learning disability home till december 2011 when i came back to Nigeria. The from 2012-2013 I did my NYSC where I was posted to teach in a school and then in 2014 i got a job as a software developer which I am still doing till this day.

Now my question is do I have to put the job I did from 2009-2011 in my employment history given that it was a menial job where I earned wages and had nothing to do with what I learnt in uni. Also, do i have to put my NYSC as part of my employment history given again that it totally has nothing to do with what i learnt in uni. Also will I be required to get reference letters for the work i did in the UK as well as NYSC given that I am using my current job as software developer to apply for express entry?

I am asking this because I am not even quite sure my employer in the UK remembers me as I wasn't a permanent staff(I was a temp) and so i am envisioning that if i required to get a reference letter it would be quite a challenge. I also did my NYSC in a rural part of Ibadan and I just cannot see myself going there to get a reference letter. I am not sure if i can leave these periods out of my history because it there would be a gap and i am sure whoever is in charge of my application wouldn't understand why those gaps are there.

I am hoping someone out there with sufficient information on how these things work can answer my questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackfinegirl(f): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
Wes is so expensive, is there any other alternative
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Taiw(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
If i decide to go with WES for evaluation. I have a Post graduate diploma from OAU. do i still need my BSC Certifcate? What points will that give me. I am guess 22 or 21
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please I need a study partner for ielts. Add me on bbm if you are interested. We need to practice speaking test together. Add me D1CB55EE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
omesanni:
Hi Everyone,

I plan on beginning my application for Express Entry under FSW next year, so right now I am just gathering information about how this whole thing works and making sure that I am informed so I don't do anything that will hinder my application.

One of the thing i noticed is that you would have to write a detailed history of your life in the past 10yrs when you have received an ITA. I also saw that a requirement is that you have to submit reference letters from previous employers. Now, I finished university from the UK with a computer science degree but when i finished I wasn't doing any professional job for like 2yrs. So i finished in 2009 and then I was working in a mental and learning disability home till december 2011 when i came back to Nigeria. The from 2012-2013 I did my NYSC where I was posted to teach in a school and then in 2014 i got a job as a software developer which I am still doing till this day.

Now my question is do I have to put the job I did from 2009-2011 in my employment history given that it was a menial job where I earned wages and had nothing to do with what I learnt in uni. Also, do i have to put my NYSC as part of my employment history given again that it totally has nothing to do with what i learnt in uni. Also will I be required to get reference letters for the work i did in the UK as well as NYSC given that I am using my current job as software developer to apply for express entry?

I am asking this because I am not even quite sure my employer in the UK remembers me as I wasn't a permanent staff(I was a temp) and so i am envisioning that if i required to get a reference letter it would be quite a challenge. I also did my NYSC in a rural part of Ibadan and I just cannot see myself going there to get a reference letter. I am not sure if i can leave these periods out of my history because it there would be a gap and i am sure whoever is in charge of my application wouldn't understand why those gaps are there.

I am hoping someone out there with sufficient information on how these things work can answer my questions

I think I can help you a bit, when u finally get your ITA which is invitation to apply , you will give account of what your have done in the last 10 years, however its only the professional job that will get you the points , please forget about the menial job, claim points only for the software job..even if its a year or two or three.. then when u get picked u can put all ur history. Reference Letter is a must with ITA and even u might show payslip . Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2016
omesanni:
Hi Everyone,

I plan on beginning my application for Express Entry under FSW next year, so right now I am just gathering information about how this whole thing works and making sure that I am informed so I don't do anything that will hinder my application. I see no reason why you should not start your process now if you sit for your IELTS and evaluate your UK degree. What can hinder your application is if you dont start now because of the detrimental factor of every passing birthday of yours.

One of the thing i noticed is that you would have to write a detailed history of your life in the past 10yrs when you have received an ITA. Life details from age 18, work history in the past 10 years is what is applicable. I also saw that a requirement is that you have to submit reference letters from previous employers. True, only the work experience you wish to claim points for, which is minimum 1 year and maximum claimable years of 3. Now, I finished university from the UK with a computer science degree but when i finished I wasn't doing any professional job for like 2yrs. So i finished in 2009 and then I was working in a mental and learning disability home till december 2011 when i came back to Nigeria. The from 2012-2013 I did my NYSC where I was posted to teach in a school and then in 2014 i got a job as a software developer which I am still doing till this day. Get this straight, after ITA, you will be required to state life details seperately, which you will include these aforementioned; however, when filling the work experience aspect, you only need to state the work experience you intend to claim points for. Secondly, you cant combine two occupations to claim points. Thirdly, i will advice that your software developer job will be the most appropriate to claim points for the following reasons.

1. it is a present job, and it should be easiest to get a reference
2. Software developer is a highly sought occupation in canada
3. Given that by next year when you intend to apply, you would have had 3 years experience, thus, you can claim max W/E points, other experiences are irrelevant

Now my question is do I have to put the job I did from 2009-2011 in my employment history given that it was a menial job where I earned wages and had nothing to do with what I learnt in uni. Also, do i have to put my NYSC as part of my employment history given again that it totally has nothing to do with what i learnt in uni. Also will I be required to get reference letters for the work i did in the UK as well as NYSC given that I am using my current job as software developer to apply for express entry? Big NOs

I hope this response puts your mind to rest and encourages you to apply soonest, if you need further clarifications, kindly post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Godsspeeds: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2016
zandora:

Hi Etfash, so sorry for the late response I've been extremely busy you have no idea! I'm good thank you and you?

Hi Zandora ve tried to read so many pages here but just confused myself the more..
Am interested in this program...
Pls how do even start? SORRY am a big learner here on
Really need to contact you directly
Pls respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Loka0512: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello house, thanks for all the valid advices we get here.

I wanted to find out the procedure for getting Provisional nomination and if I can also apply for provisional nomination and still apply for the express entry?

I am trying to see the best way my IELTS results is out . S:7.5,W:6.5,L:7.0,R:8.0 and my spouse S:7.0,W:6.0,L;7.5,R:7.0 and we both have assessed our qualification with IQAS(Msc and Bsc).

Many thanks in advance for advices.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just got my ECA report from WES and here's my report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Diploma (two years), diploma (three years), and postgraduate
certificate (one year)

Using the CRS points calculator, what does this equate to on the level of education please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
socialmisfit:
Hello everyone,

I just got my ECA report from WES and here's my report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Diploma (two years), diploma (three years), and postgraduate
certificate (one year)

Using the CRS points calculator, what does this equate to on the level of education please?

I wonder what kind of scanty summary this is. Nonetheless, it should be appropriate to choose "two or more post secondary qualification". Luckily, one of which is 3years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutiefy: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
LaserFocus:
Thanks so much cutiefy for your quick response.
Which provinces can you recommend to me. I don't have enough scores on the EE profile so I'm heavily depending on pnp.

u can check out for Saskatchewan, check if your occupation falls within their NOC, start preparing ur documents cos I heard dey might start receiving applications soon. Also lookout for Nova Scotia

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello Guys,
I observe that this thread has been moving on a slow pace since the announcement of the last ITA draw.
You guys shouldn't be demolarise by the draw.We shouldn't lose hope,because the best is yet to come and the best will certainly come.
Keep doing what you are doing soon and very soon it will end in praises.
Cheers to all of you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toocute4uall(f): 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pls what date is ur exam
Blackfinegirl:
Please I need a study partner for ielts. Add me on bbm if you are interested. We need to practice speaking test together. Add me D1CB55EE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello, please my occupation falls within Saskatchewan's NOC. What documents do I need to be preparing.

cutiefy:
u can check out for Saskatchewan, check if your occupation falls within their NOC, start preparing ur documents cos I heard dey might start receiving applications soon. Also lookout for Nova Scotia
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by upgradedmom: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello experts in the house,
Has anyone used WES to verify ACCA qualification. I saw on their website and on IQAS that they only verify university qualification. I am a bit confused as to how to get the degree verified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 11:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
blaize777:
Please is anyone in dis group using a Canadian agent.asin I. Immigration agent in Canada

Hmm almost every one is doing it themselves. They will never tell you the total amount of money they will collect. I will pay separately for initial consultation, then you pay separately for express entry( u ll think dat is all) wen u get ITA you will pay anoda money and all this are hundreds of thousands not just like hundred or two hundred k.
As u progress ur bill increases.
Also they have the login details to ur profile so u dnt hv access to it. No pay no work even if you pay all the money u can't see what they r doing only what ur been told.

My advice it is a very easy process to create ur profile. If you can apply for jobs online u can do it, if you can register in this forum you can do it. It's easy just read instructions on what you should fill that's all. It is not a complex process at all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
blaize777:
Please is anyone in dis group using a Canadian agent.asin I. Immigration agent in Canada

Mind you all this money u will pay is minus the $1040 CAD you will pay directly to CIC wen you get an ITA. Also if you want them to help you apply for province nomination or any other services outside creating EE profile that is another round of agreement and new money you have to pay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
upgradedmom:
Hello experts in the house,
Has anyone used WES to verify ACCA qualification. I saw on their website and on IQAS that they only verify university qualification. I am a bit confused as to how to get the degree verified.

Only WES verifies ACCA. You have to have completed ACCA. Make sure you add it to other degrees you want to evaluate in the WES online registeration. Send clear photocopies ( can be coloured photocopies) of ur certificates, ACCA affiliate certificate and membership certificate ( if you are one) to WES. Dnt forget to quote the reference number given to you after online payment on the envelope. Then email ACCA to send ur transcript to WES. In ur email tell them to quote ur WES reference number on the envelope. That's all it's equivalent to 4 years Canadian BSC degree

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LaserFocus: 4:38am On Aug 30, 2016
cutiefy:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2016
Garykasparov:

I wonder what kind of scanty summary this is. Nonetheless, it should be appropriate to choose "two or more post secondary qualification". Luckily, one of which is 3years.

Thanks a lot @Garykasparov...i got a little confused when i saw the summary too.

Cheers..

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.