Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598397 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 13, 2016
Good day everyone. You guys are doing a great job here. I have a bsc in economics and statistics and have up to 4 years experience in bankng as a customer service officer. I am currently a graduate assistant in UNIBEN. under what profession do i apply and what are my chances?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
platypelloid:
Thank you Chief
I have done all these.
Yet they rejected the transcript my school sent to them.
I don't know what they want ooooo
As my final certificate is not yet ready!!
What must I do now?
All the cover sheets went along
My certified identify confirmation signed by provost
I also paid all my due.
Including account opening fee and SVR documentation fee.
Kindly comment pls..

For immigration purpose, only the certificate which is also called the diploma is needed. Adding a transcript, for now is just a choice.
The rejection was basically because no diploma certificate was seen.
DO you have a statement of result? I don't know if MCC accept it though, unlike what WES does but i think it will be an alternative to the certificate.
Mail MCC and inform them about your challenges, I think they can find a way out.

I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
With the information you provided, it is difficult to ascertain your chances. Take your time to read from the beginning of the thread, understand the process and you will be able to answer your question.

vigogold:
Good day everyone. You guys are doing a great job here. I have a bsc in economics and statistics and have up to 4 years experience in bankng as a customer service officer. I am currently a graduate assistant in UNIBEN. under what profession do i apply and what are my chances?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bjt(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Yh they are reliable but their services cover just the same stuff we do ourselves here. This is a DIY thread,if you really feel u need an agent and are very financially buoyant then go ahead. But you can do it yourself. Start by reading d page 0 of this thread.
segbas:
As for me, I dont think u have to spend that much for a lawyer since you can do this on your own, every thing the lawyer will require will still come from you and know one thing that using a Representative does not add anything to your application, you will only have to spend more money paying them to submit your application for you which you can do yourself.
My advise for you is to go to Page 0 to 5 of this thread and read carefully,
Your wife has a job that is one of the most sought after job in Canada.
it depend on her age, qualification and experience to know if she will be the main applicant.
try and calculate your CRS point and both of you should try to score a very good points in ur IELTS.
Then if you insist of using Rep.... it depend on you..... and your pocket...
You can always ask questions from here and people are ready to guide u
bighead2:
No need for a lawyer or an agent... Just take out time to go through this thread from the beginning and trust me, u'll know all that there is to know.... FOR FREE!!!

Thank you all for the prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by basdow101: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
somegirl1:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

Thanks for your response, I appreciate, But I want to ask one more question: According to the CIC website: on the Federal Skilled Workers Section.

I WANT TO CONFIRM IF JOB OFFER AND CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION IS THE SAME, OR IF IT HAS THE SAME WEIGHT.

I am working towards applying for a certificate of Qualification in my skilled trade.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by basdow101: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
If I secure a job offer or a certificate of Qualification. Will I be exempted from providing proof of funds as written below by writing them.

Pls house I need your contribution.

Thanks basdow101.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by somegirl1: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
basdow101:

Thanks for your response, I appreciate, But I want to ask one more question: According to the CIC website: on the Federal Skilled Workers Section.

I WANT TO CONFIRM IF JOB OFFER AND CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION IS THE SAME, OR IF IT HAS THE SAME WEIGHT.

I am working towards applying for a certificate of Qualification in my skilled trade.

You're welcome.
They appear to, since you need one or the other.
Obtaining a Certificate of Qualification isn't a walk in the park.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
My major challenge is knowing under what profession i should apply to. I searched through the NOC but can't seem to find anytin.
dupyshoo:
With the information you provided, it is difficult to ascertain your chances. Take your time to read from the beginning of the thread, understand the process and you will be able to answer your question.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by platypelloid: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Gymme:
I'm not sure how 'possible' you attached and sent the cover sheet with the official transcript. I also don't know if they accept transcript sent directly from a school. That is probably why they ask for notarized photocopies of documents.

You should probably phone or email them about the rejection.

Thank you sir.
I have emailed them
They seem not reject it.they say its incomplete.
I have the certification of identify done by my school,can a lawyer do my Intl passport notarization? Or I have to go back to my school?
Do you know any lawyer who is a notary public?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by basdow101: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
@Somegirl

Yea! I know Obtaining a Certificate of Qualification isn't a walk in the park... Is not that easy to obtain...and that was why I was thinking and according to CIC that it should be the as Job Offer since they have it as JOB OFFER OR CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION.

Thanks one more time. and are you working on any of the programme by the way?

somegirl1:

You're welcome.
They appear to, since you need one or the other.
Obtaining a Certificate of Qualification isn't a walk in the park.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by somegirl1: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
basdow101:
@Somegirl

Yea! I know Obtaining a Certificate of Qualification isn't a walk in the park... Is not that easy to obtain...and that was why I was thinking and according to CIC that it should be the as Job Offer since they have it as JOB OFFER OR CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION.

Thanks one more time. and are you working on any of the programme by the way?

I know someone who got the PR a few weeks ago.
They used the Federal Skilled Worker route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Where did you search for it?

Anyway, if you are considering your customer service role, it is NOC 6551 (Customer services representatives – financial institutions). This job experience is under skill level C, so you can't use the experience gained on this role to apply. However, for lecturers, the NOC is either 4012 (Post-secondary teaching and research assistants) or 4011 (University professors and lecturers). You can use either of the last 2 cos they are under skill level A

vigogold:
My major challenge is knowing under what profession i should apply to. I searched through the NOC but can't seem to find anytin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by basdow101: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
somegirl1:

I know someone who got the PR a few weeks ago.
They used the Federal Skilled Worker route.

Wow! cool...

Cant wait to get mine....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
Only job offer will exempt you. Certificate of Qualification will not.

basdow101:
If I secure a job offer or a certificate of Qualification. Will I be exempted from providing proof of funds as written below by writing them.

Pls house I need your contribution.

Thanks basdow101.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by basdow101: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
dupyshoo:
Only job offer will exempt you. Certificate of Qualification will not.

Really!

But they have it as Job Offer or Certificate of Qualification on the Site: Both carry the same 600 points. So I think it should exempt me from providing POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by somegirl1: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
basdow101:

Wow! cool...

Cant wait to get mine....

All the best smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Certificate of Qualification can only give maximum of 50 points. It does not give 600 points.

basdow101:

Really!

But they have it as Job Offer or Certificate of Qualification on the Site: Both carry the same 600 points. So I think it should exempt me from providing POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by semperfidelis: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
hello guys, i have gone through the thread, my only challenge is that i dont have work experience, i have a BSc and also a Uk masters all related to NOC 2121. what are my chances? thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Got my Ielts re-mark result earlier today. Writing upgraded from 6.5 to 7 after 10.5weeks! To God be the glory!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
Let me say this here, when calculating your years of work experience, please note that what CIC counts is the period spent on the NOC your application is based on e.g, if your application is based on NOC 1111 in which you have 2years experience but you also have 3years experience in noc 1221, CIC will award you marks for 2years only, they wont lump your total 5years work experience together cuz they are not in the same noc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
semperfidelis:
hello guys, i have gone through the thread, my only challenge is that i dont have work experience, i have a BSc and also a Uk masters all related to NOC 2121. what are my chances? thank you
. Not even NYSC? 1 year experience is mandatory.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
semperfidelis:

You must have at least 1year work experience to be able to apply but, most times, 1year is hardly enough. The little idea i can give you - if you did part-time or holiday job while in the UK and if you have done your NYSC, check if you did something similar in both periods and if its so, add the periods together and use it to apply(note that you wll be geting reference letters from the offices you have worked to show you have worked with them and what your duties were). If not, if your NYSC is a full one year, calculate if you willmake the 67/100 required score for fsw with just your 1year NYSC experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
basdow101:

Really!

Only job offer exempts you from providing pof
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by semperfidelis: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Adiahabasi:
. Not even NYSC? 1 year experience is mandatory.

yeah that is the problem. No NYSC, i just have an exemption certificate cos my BSc was part-time and i was not eligible to serve.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by semperfidelis: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
JesusDWay:

You must have at least 1year work experience to be able to apply but, most times, 1year is hardly enough. The little idea i can give you - if you did part-time or holiday job while in the UK and if you have done your NYSC, check if you did something similar in both periods and if its so, add the periods together and use it to apply(note that you wll be geting reference letters from the offices you have worked to show you have worked with them and what your duties were). If not, if your NYSC is a full one year, calculate if you willmake the 67/100 required score for fsw with just your 1year NYSC experience

thanks for the feedback, dont have NYSC experience as my BSc was part-time and was not eligible for it, i only have an exemption certificate. yes i did a few part-time jobs in the Uk but not related to my field of study, will that count?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Adiahabasi:
Got my Ielts re-mark result earlier today. Writing upgraded from 6.5 to 7 after 10.5weeks! To God be the glory!

At last! Congratulations. Your mind would be at rest now cheesy

With the rate of remarks this season, IELTS should consider changing the Writing examiner(s).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by basdow101: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
dupyshoo:
Certificate of Qualification can only give maximum of 50 points. It does not give 600 points.

@Dupyshoo

Can you send me the link where you saw that Certificate of Qualification is 50 points.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
40manlappy:

At last! Congratulations. Your mind would be at rest now cheesy

With the rate of remarks this season, IELTS should consider changing the Writing examiner(s).
Abi o and thanks for responding when i mailed u,it assuaged my anxiety. God bless!
Now praying the ITA cut off crashescomes down grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
semperfidelis:

thanks for the feedback, dont have NYSC experience as my BSc was part-time and was not eligible for it, i only have an exemption certificate. yes i did a few part-time jobs in the Uk but not related to my field of study, will that count?

It's not compulsory for your experience to be related to your degree. The part-time work you did counts and, if you also worked while doing your part-time Bsc, it counts as well. However, you will need to get reference letters from the places you've worked to substantiate your claims, CIC requires it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.