Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598238 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
OGIYEN:
Oh really? I heard the new immigration boss said it on channels ,but as at when I did 3months ago they have not started it.good for everybody.
Well, 3months is kinda long enough for implementations. Do your findings still.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Na wa
twaintoy:
Well, 3months is kinda long enough for implementations. Do your findings still.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Na wa
twaintoy:
Well, anywhere in Nigeria meant head offices in each state capital. Anybody could know this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good evening everyone, please help!!! I'm about to apply for ECA for express entry via IQAS, I got to the certificate to be assessed part and want to be sure which to choose. please what option should I choose, thanks

Option A)Basic Assessment -
For individuals seeking general employment. Used by professional regulatory organizations, educational institutions and employers.

Option B) Educational Institution Assessment
Provides an evaluation for admission into many post-secondary educational institutions in Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories

Option C) Specialized Assessment
Includes assessment of one credential. Used only by specific educational institutions and professional regulatory organizations.
Additional degrees/credentials that need specialized assessements?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Empire14: 1:16am On Sep 30, 2016
@dupyshoo pls I will like to know the earliest time we can apply for UK police report as we both live dia for 2year like can we apply for it before ITA or after we get ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Enocan(m): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2016
Bimpsy99:

Hi, Your no 2 and 3 questions makes me doubt the assertion that you have been following the thread cos those answers have been previously given.

Not to sound disrespectful but Google is your best friend esp for your no 3 question. I believe that if we are really interested in the process we will take the pain to conduct a simple research.. If you are then stuck along the line you can shout for help.

The decision to use an agent is up to you and they will first rip you off in the name of assessment when the tool is available online.

Thanks for your understanding

Ok thanks. I'll do some googling.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:31am On Sep 30, 2016
@Enocan: We don't discuss travel agencies here. This is a DIY thread.

Like Bimpsy99 rightly noted, you will get answers to your questions no. 2 and 3 if you really take time to read through, especially the first few pages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2016
For any countries you don't live in anymore, the PCC will remain valid as you cannot commit crime in a country after leaving the country. However, if you visit the country again, the visit will invalidate the PCC, if the PCC was obtained over 6 months ago.

To be more specific, if you get UK PCC now and you don't enter UK again till you get your ITA and submit your application, the PCC will still be valid even if you obtained it 2 years ago. However, if you enter the UK within 6 months of obtaining the PCC, the PCC will still be valid but will expire 6 months from the date you obtained the PCC. If your date of entry is outside the 6 months of obtaining the PCC, the PCC will not be valid. You will require a new one.

I hope my explanation is clear. Check this link for more info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Empire14:
@dupyshoo pls I will like to know the earliest time we can apply for UK police report as we both live dia for 2year like can we apply for it before ITA or after we get ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy3(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2016
@dupyshoo Please help.

I want to submit my application to CIC. I need a total of N5.7M to show has POF. I have a fixed deposit of 3M fixed in August 2016 to mature December 2016 ( I will roll it over). But then I raised the remaining 2.7M from friends and family as a gift really. So basically the 2.7 will appear as recent deposits (1M 500k, 200k etc). I understand that is a red flag. Please advise me on what to do to clear this flag.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2016
@teewhy3: While you are awaiting dupyshoo's response, Google this thread for "gift deed".

I think this question has been addressed before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2016
As you said the money is a gift, then it should be no problem. I made this statement because the money will need to be in your account till you land in Canada. This can be for more than 8 months.

I will however first address the issue of the money you fixed in August 2016. You said you want to submit your application to IRCC. Have you already got ITA? If yes, when did you get ITA? I am asking this question because if you have already got ITA and you plan to submit your application within the next 1-2 months, you will have to show the proofs of the source of the 3M as well.

With regard to the 2.7M gifts, I will advise you to transfer the money in just a lump sum (i.e. all the money at once), then back it up with a gift deed from the person that transferred the money to your account. On the other hand, if you are married, you can tell all the people that are giving you the money to transfer it to your spouse and then your spouse will transfer all the money to your account. In this case, you will require a letter of explanation from your spouse stating that he/she transferred the money to your account to support your family's plan to obtain Canada's PR and he/she does not have plans to collect the money back. Your bank statement showing the transaction from your spouse account to yours should also be included.

Please note that even with the above, you will still be required to submit a letter from your bank showing the opening dates, type, closing balances and the average balances of all your accounts for the past 6 months.

teewhy3:
@dupyshoo Please help.

I want to submit my application to CIC. I need a total of N5.7M to show has POF. I have a fixed deposit of 3M fixed in August 2016 to mature December 2016 ( I will roll it over). But then I raised the remaining 2.7M from friends and family as a gift really. So basically the 2.7 will appear as recent deposits (1M 500k, 200k etc). I understand that is a red flag. Please advise me on what to do to clear this flag.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy3(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2016
dupyshoo:
As you said the money is a gift, then it should be no problem. I made this statement because the money will need to be in your account till you land in Canada. This can be for more than 8 months.

I will however first address the issue of the money you fixed in August 2016. You said you want to submit your application to IRCC. Have you already got ITA? If yes, when did you get ITA? I am asking this question because if you have already got ITA and you plan to submit your application within the next 1-2 months, you will have to show the proofs of the source of the 3M as well.

With regard to the 2.7M gifts, I will advise you to transfer the money in just a lump sum (i.e. all the money at once), then back it up with a gift deed from the person that transferred the money to your account. On the other hand, if you are married, you can tell all the people that are giving you the money to transfer it to your spouse and then your spouse will transfer all the money to your account. In this case, you will require a letter of explanation from your spouse stating that he/she transferred the money to your account to support your family's plan to obtain Canada's PR and he/she does not have plans to collect the money back. Your bank statement showing the transaction from your spouse account to yours should also be included.

Please note that even with the above, you will still be required to submit a letter from your bank showing the opening dates, type, closing balances and the average balances of all your accounts for the past 6 months.

ITA is likely October 5. Thanks. What will be the effect of this? As for the 3M, I can show the proof of that. Thanks again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teewhy3(m): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2016
40manlappy:
@teewhy3: While you are awaiting dupyshoo's response, Google this thread for "gift deed".

I think this question has been addressed before.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2016
Effect of what? I don't really understand your question.
teewhy3:
ITA is likely October 5. Thanks. What will be the effect of this? As for the 3M, I can show the proof of that. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Empire14: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
@dupyshoo OK I get u really right, I think I will wait to do it around December cos I will be going to UK in November for my cousin wedding . so as soon as I am back to Lagos I will apply for it online .
dupyshoo:
For any countries you don't live in anymore, the PCC will remain valid as you cannot commit crime in a country after leaving the country. However, if you visit the country again, the visit will invalidate the PCC, if the PCC was obtained over 6 months ago.

To be more specific, if you get UK PCC now and you don't enter UK again till you get your ITA and submit your application, the PCC will still be valid even if you obtained it 2 years ago. However, if you enter the UK within 6 months of obtaining the PCC, the PCC will still be valid but will expire 6 months from the date you obtained the PCC. If your date of entry is outside the 6 months of obtaining the PCC, the PCC will not be valid. You will require a new one.

I hope my explanation is clear. Check this link for more info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
MummyJaygirls:
Good evening everyone, please help!!! I'm about to apply for ECA for express entry via IQAS, I got to the certificate to be assessed part and want to be sure which to choose. please what option should I choose, thanks

Option A)Basic Assessment -
For individuals seeking general employment. Used by professional regulatory organizations, educational institutions and employers.

Option B) Educational Institution Assessment
Provides an evaluation for admission into many post-secondary educational institutions in Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories

Option C) Specialized Assessment
Includes assessment of one credential. Used only by specific educational institutions and professional regulatory organizations.
Additional degrees/credentials that need specialized assessements?

Please I'm still waiting for a response, @dupyshoo @jesusdway help please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
I just tried it now and did not get all these options.

Did you apply using this link?

https://iqas.work.alberta.ca/eca#/

MummyJaygirls:

Please I'm still waiting for a response, @dupyshoo @jesusdway help please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
dupyshoo:
I just tred it now and did not get all these options.

Ok, let me use your link, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
dupyshoo:
I just tred it now and did not get all these options.

I just used your link and its fine, apparently I was doing the wrong thing. I appreciate, thanks @Dupyshoo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 12:42am On Oct 01, 2016
Hello guys. Kudos for the job done here though am new. I want clarification on something.

I have a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree from Nigeria and MSc in Environmental and Public Health from United Kingdom. I want to do transcript evaluation but am thinking of doing evaluation for my MSc degree only cos of the delay in getting transcript from Nigerian universities. I also realized that evaluated MSc degree by WES will earn me 23 points. Pls, do I still need my BSc evaluated if my MSc can give me 23 points?

Will this be okay for express entry application or I need to do for my Bachelor and Masters degrees.

NB: Am currently in the UK.

Pls, help me folks
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2016
Your MSc alone will suffice.

jelmusboy:
Hello guys. Kudos for the job done here though am new. I want clarification on something.

I have a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree from Nigeria and MSc in Environmental and Public Health from United Kingdom. I want to do transcript evaluation but am thinking of doing evaluation for my MSc degree only cos of the delay in getting transcript from Nigerian universities. I also realized that evaluated MSc degree by WES will earn me 23 points. Pls, do I still need my BSc evaluated if my MSc can give me 23 points?

Will this be okay for express entry application or I need to do for my Bachelor and Masters degrees.

NB: Am currently in the UK.

Pls, help me folks
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by obioby(f): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
exactly.. that's what I had to do in 2013 cost me about 30k. I suggest u do it now. I don't know how true it is but I heard they wanted to decentralize this change of name or replacement of missing passport.
regards
quote author=OGIYEN post=49754954]For the passport issue, get someone in immigration office (immigration officer)in Abuja to send your wife's details to,he/she will process it,that takes like 2 to 3days,then she will then travel to Abuja for capturing,after capturing it takes a week for the passport to be ready.I hope this will help.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
Just need a clarification please. Apart from IELTS, does my wife needs to provide ECA report of her academic degree? I am the main applicant.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Yes please

jelmusboy:
Just need a clarification please. Apart from IELTS, does my wife needs to provide ECA report of her academic degree? I am the main applicant.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by living2k: 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello house,

I tried paying WES C$234 using my gtb card but it was denied. Please how does one pay for this from Nigeria. Anybody have similar problem?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ennyo: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
living2k:
Hello house,

I tried paying WES C$234 using my gtb card but it was denied. Please how does one pay for this from Nigeria. Anybody have similar problem?

Hello kindly use a gt current acct to pay as against saving acct.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by living2k: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ennyo:

Hello kindly use a gt current acct to pay as against saving acct.

I am using my current account. I used my gtb card but it was declined
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
You may need to contact the bank. I am aware that some banks like Stanbic have notified the customers this week of a limit to online international transactions to $200/day effective today. Please keep us updated on the way forward as I am also interested. Thanks

God bless Naija.

living2k:

I am using my current account. I used my gtb card but it was declined

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2016
Good morning @dupyshoo IQAS says no provisional credentials, by provisional do they mean "statement of result" and "to whom it may concern" or just "to whom it may concern"?
Thanks and sorry for my plenty questions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2016
MPNP under the Expression of Interest System – Draw #21 –

September 29, 2016

**The September 29, 2016 draw for Skilled Worker Overseas included only those were who directly invited by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative**

Skilled Workers in Manitoba

Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 258

Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 435

Skilled Workers Overseas

Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 40 who were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative 

Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 620

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.