Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593936 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
Thank you so much. I have a reference letter from my Nysc employer and a bank statement covering about 9 months of that period. My ppa posting letter is a photocopy so I wasn't sure if that would suffice. The discharge letter shows the duration of the program and I just wanted to be sure cic would accept it. Thanks once again.
[quote author=princessayinke post=49938653][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
Jetspeed:
Thank you 40manlappy. I really appreciate.

I also welcome suggestions on the sale of the landed property from any person in the house that had gone through similar process.

Welcome smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
vcole:
Thank you so much. I have a reference letter from my Nysc employer and a bank statement covering about 9 months of that period. My ppa posting letter is a photocopy so I wasn't sure if that would suffice. The discharge letter shows the duration of the program and I just wanted to be sure cic would accept it. Thanks once again.

Hi Vcole,
I used my NYSC experience and it was accepted. I used the photocopy of my NYSC posting letter(since the original isn't available), a copy of my acceptance letter from my PPA, and original reference letter from my PPA stating that I was being paid.
I didn't submit bank statements, because the bank accounts were already deactivated, after service.
I didn't use any discharge letter, just the reference letter, expressly stating all the details needed by CIC.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
vcole:
Thanks. This is what I intend to do. I don't have pay stubs just bank statements covering about 9 months of that period or so. Was his application successful?
Yes it was.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kayodedavid(m): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
Thanks to everyone who responded to my enquiry about claiming points for nysc experience. Y'all are far too kind.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chifylo: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2016
Thanks a lot Vcole for your responses.

I really do appreciate!!!

vcole:
For primary source verification of your medical degree/diploma you do not need a transcript.
You set up and pay for your physiciansapply account, create a SVR and pay for the document fee. Then you send via post or courier a copy of your medical degree/diploma, passport biodata page, evidence of change of name if applicable, and a completed certified identity confirmation form. I notarised all copies I sent to be safe.
Then the MCC reviews the documents and provided there are no errors, uploads them onto your account and sends the medical degree copy to ECFMG for verification. (If there are errors, they send you a message via your account to provide what they need to correct the deficiencies. For example, a copy was cut off on one corner, you would have to send them another copy with all the margins visible).
ECFMG then sends a verification request to your medical school. The request is sent by post and contains a copy of your medical degree and a form that your dean fills and signs to confirm that you indeed attended and graduated from said school. It also contains a pre-addressed envelope.
I do not think that if the envelope was not used to send the verification back that it would be a problem. However, you have no way of knowing until ECFMG sends feedback on the verification to MCC which usually takes 20 working days.
So, if your school sent back by courier, get the tracking number and track it online, check for the date and proof of delivery at ECFMG and count 20 working days from that date.
Then check your physiciansapply account.
Under documents, you click on medical degree. Then view history. That history shows you the stages and dates on which your document has passed through the different processes. It will also show you if the verification is passed or failed.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wow, people it seems this skilled workers thing is getting tougher by the day. Abeg how on earth are people scoring 620 for crying out loud!

Still torn between going in through school or doing skilled worker application. Even the school visas are being refused left right and centre. May God help us o, see what nija has turned one to!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by agates: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello everyone, i have read through the thread and gotten detailed information on the application process. However, i have few concerns, i calculated my CRS score to be 472, however i noticed the last set of people who have gotten ITA in the last few months got scores of over 500 and most provincial nomination programmes are closed. What assurance do i have of getting an ITA with a score of 472. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
My cousin just came into Canada as a skilled worker . He has since received his PR card. He couldn't imagine how his life would be if he returned to naija and had to deal with the buhari economy . For those applying, keep on till you get it. It's well worth it and will forever changed your life.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opobutu: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello house,

I plan to migrate to canada through the Fsw and i have done ielts with an overal score of 7
Listening 6
speaking 8
Reading-7
Writing -7

I have also applied through wes for my certificate to be verified since Aug 1st. The status has been showing verification from the school. The school insist that they have not received anything from Wes. Kindly advise what to do and also if i need to rewrite my ielts. I am single with 6 years working experience as an accountant. and will be 30 by next year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
You are welcome.
chifylo:
Thanks a lot Vcole for your responses.

I really do appreciate!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opobutu: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
kindly respond to my questions please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Thanks a bunch maternal, it is well as long as we keep the persistence and determination.
maternal:
My cousin just came into Canada as a skilled worker . He has since received his PR card. He couldn't imagine how his life would be if he returned to naija and had to deal with the buhari economy . For those applying, keep on till you get it. It's well worth it and will forever changed your life.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
Please any Idea of the right town to stay in novascotia.

Also what does this question mean "which settlement service would u use to aid your moving to canada

urgent response please my people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
chifylo:

Thanks a lot.

Please was it just your MBBS certificate you submitted to them?

Did they require you to submit your transcript at any point?

Did your institution put the verification in the official envelope with which it came before sending it back to ECFMG?

My institution claims to have sent the form back to EICS (about a week ago via courier), but MCC informed me that ECFMG has not gotten a response from my institution.

The dean's secretary however said he did not use the EICS official envelope. He put the form and credential in their envelope and sent back to ECFMG. Do you think this is the reason why they haven't gotten it?

Thanks for your help.

sorry again for my late reply. been offline for a while.
Yes u need to send a notarized copy of your mbbs certificate along with 2 other forms u download online.
No you dont need transcript for ECA. u will do that part later b4 practicing in canada.
transcript isnt acceptable for eca.
Like I said, i wasnt preview to d process btw ecfmg and ma Uni..........
I was just informed about conclusion of d eca report....though my dean called to confirm i made d request to mcc.
wishing u luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Well I guess no one can assure you than yourself. If you take a look at the previous rounds since it started you will see that even lower scores were selected. Please stay hopeful and position yourself in the pool cos it can happen sooner than you think.

agates:
Hello everyone, i have read through the thread and gotten detailed information on the application process. However, i have few concerns, i calculated my CRS score to be 472, however i noticed the last set of people who have gotten ITA in the last few months got scores of over 500 and most provincial nomination programmes are closed. What assurance do i have of getting an ITA with a score of 472. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2016
On ietls. Having an 8 in listening will make this result more rewarding. You may consider retaking the test to boost your score. Sorry I can't answer on WES as ICAS is similarly frustrating. Been on it since May and we are still at verification stage.

To anyone yet to do his ECA, ICAS is a No! No!! Try other recognised bodies.

opobutu:
Hello house,

I plan to migrate to canada through the Fsw and i have done ielts with an overal score of 7
Listening 6
speaking 8
Reading-7
Writing -7

I have also applied through wes for my certificate to be verified since Aug 1st. The status has been showing verification from the school. The school insist that they have not received anything from Wes. Kindly advise what to do and also if i need to rewrite my ielts. I am single with 6 years working experience as an accountant. and will be 30 by next year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 4:28am On Oct 07, 2016
byskoye:
Please any Idea of the right town to stay in novascotia.

Also what does this question mean "which settlement service would u use to aid your moving to canada

urgent response please my people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 5:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Pls ow do show evidence I just sold an asset.e.g car as POF in statement of account. Can a receipt issued to buyer suffice/change of ownership.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by papaking1(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2016
I was requested for more information and to reply before 30th of Sept. I have since submitted the required document but my status has remained 'information requested' till date. What could possibly be wrong, please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
Can i create an Express entry profile when im yet to receive my WES evaluation still showing awaiting verification from school, but i have my IELTS result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by papaking1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
papaking1:
I was requested for more information and to reply before 30th of Sept. I have since submitted the required document but my status has remained 'information requested' till date. What could possibly be wrong, please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by snazzylove: 1:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Wonderful thread here. Glad i found it. Am due to write IELTS next month. Am a bit nervous, although i have gotten all materials and practiced too (still practicing) am not yet settled.

please those that wrote it, how easy or difficult is the real exam?. What should i expect?

Also if you will be writing the exam anytime soon holla me so we can read together. My exam venue is Enugu.

keep on the good work.

ciao!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2016
Hello Papaking1, just be hopeful and prayerful. If you submitted the right document, your status will soon change. I have observed over the years that it takes time to react to any correspondence you send o canada.[quote author=papaking1 post=50009747][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:06am On Oct 08, 2016
snazzylove:
Wonderful thread here. Glad i found it. Am due to write IELTS next month. Am a bit nervous, although i have gotten all materials and practiced too (still practicing) am not yet settled.

please those that wrote it, how easy or difficult is the real exam?. What should i expect?

Also if you will be writing the exam anytime soon holla me so we can read together. My exam venue is Enugu.

keep on the good work.

ciao!

There are threads on IELTS. Here is one below

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by snazzylove: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2016
40manlappy:

There are threads on IELTS. Here is one below

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here

thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
Meanwhile how come there was no express entry draw this week? Anyone with any ideas why?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thought I was the only one wondering o. Not that I am in the pool yet but I like to follow the trend.

vcole:
Meanwhile how come there was no express entry draw this week? Anyone with any ideas why?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2016
I did.mine less thaƱ 2 months quote author=Curlie post=49914312]

@JesusDWay, you didnt quite get my question. I am wondering why it is taking forever for WES to evaluate my Unilag degree, i have been on it for over 4 months and wondering if anyone here has had their Unilag transcript evaluated faster by WES. Currently, the status on WES is 'Waiting for verification from institution' and Unilag is saying they have not received anything from WES.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! undecided THANKS A LOT AND GOD BLESS[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by obioby(f): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2016
nothing to fear as long as u av practiced. wrote last month and saw my result on Friday and it was good lrws 8.5 9 7 7
quote author=snazzylove post=50012728]Wonderful thread here. Glad i found it. Am due to write IELTS next month. Am a bit nervous, although i have gotten all materials and practiced too (still practicing) am not yet settled.

keep on the good work.

ciao![/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.