Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,401 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2592712 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2016
Please, I am considering the PNP option considering these recent draws. If i get a PNP certificate, whats the estimated time for processing before PR issued?

Also, i am planning to apply for PNP as a bachelor. If i get married after PNP Cerficate is issued, can i update my profile after ITA and apply as married?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 02, 2016
vcole:
50 thousand naira for an academic transcript!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother,it is not paying that is the problem will they attend to your request with urgency.Imagine l am still on a transcript request(another university) and it is over a month and it has not been forwarded.l am fuming seriously.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2016
vcole:
50 thousand naira for an academic transcript!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's how it is now o...I could not believe the information too until I got to the school.

I learned that the state government has not paid their monthly subvention for about 15 months, so the school has to find a way to survive and pay salaries. This they did by increasing all the related that ex-students have to pay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
40manlappy:

That's how it is now o...I could not believe the information too until I got to the school.

I learned that the state government has not paid their monthly subvention for about 15 months, so the school has to find a way to survive and pay salaries. This they did by increasing all the related that ex-students have to pay.
For OOU ,just send your certificate (s) to WES, chill for 2-3weeks, then check your profile, it wld hv changed to document sent for verification, follow up wt the school to reply and datsall. Worked for 3 friends from OSU. No need for transcript. But you'll def still need your transcript in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
The estimated time depends on which category of the province's PNP you applied under (paper based or Express entry). If EE, it's usually 6 months or less but if paper-based, it's about 15 months (not sure cos it changes).

After getting PNP certificate, single
After ITA, still single
Before submitting/completing PR application, status changes...
YES you can apply as married BUT when you include your partner in your application, your score/point will reduce.
But not to worry, since it is PNP and you got 600 more points, your point may not fall below the cut-off point used to get your ITA.

revlane:
Please, I am considering the PNP option considering these recent draws. If i get a PNP certificate, whats the estimated time for processing before PR issued?

Also, i am planning to apply for PNP as a bachelor. If i get married after PNP Cerficate is issued, can i update my profile after ITA and apply as married?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
@Gimme, Thanks man. You did justice to my question. I was thinking with PNP it could be faster. So i have to leave this fixed deposit for almost 9months if going through SINP. Wow

Gymme:
The estimated time depends on which category of the province's PNP you applied under (paper based or Express entry). If EE, it's usually 6 months or less but if paper-based, it's about 15 months (not sure cos it changes).

After ITA, still single
YES you can apply as married BUT when you include your partner in your application, your score/point will reduce.
But not to worry, since it is PNP and you got 600 more points, your point may not fall below the cut-off point used to get your ITA.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
The gurus in the house please help me out I want my ECA to be done by WES but please i need your input, since i graduated i have not collected my Certificate due to time only have my Statement of result, now i contacted my school for my transcript and i want them to include a photocopy of my certificate which they have accepted and i also told them about the Transcript request form from WES and the guy asked me to scan and send to him to also include , my people is it advisable or my school should just send only my transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 5:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Gymme:

After ITA, still single

Does it mean she does not require ECA and IELTS to include her for PR application??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2016
Adiahabasi:
For OOU ,just send your certificate (s) to WES, chill for 2-3weeks, then check your profile, it wld hv changed to document sent for verification, follow up wt the school to reply and datsall. Worked for 3 friends from OSU. No need for transcript. But you'll def still need your transcript in Canada.

Thanks for sharing. Will definitely come in handy for some folks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2016
dupyshoo:
I used WES so I don't know so much about IQAS requirements. A lot of people have used IQAS on this thread. Specifically, Iphie25 might be able to give first hand information as she used IQAS.

Sorry dear dupyshoo....just seeing this now.

Nievel, I didn't have to notarize my certificates when I got my ECA done with IQAS. Are you sure its a requirement on the IQAS website?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2016
showerses:
The gurus in the house please help me out I want my ECA to be done by WES but please i need your input, since i graduated i have not collected my Certificate due to time only have my Statement of result, now i contacted my school for my transcript and i want them to include a photocopy of my certificate which they have accepted and i also told them about the Transcript request form from WES and the guy asked me to scan and send to him to also include , my people is it advisable or my school should just send only my transcript

Are you asking about the transcripts' request form?
Its VERY necessary pls. Not just for WES but for all the other ECA Organizations.go ahead, print it, fill it, scan it and send to the officer in ur uni.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2016
Nievel:
Hello house. Please has anyone tried sending application form and checklist to your school to include in your transcript package instead of sending another seperate package I.e double cost.
Can one scan the signed application form and checklist to the school to print out and include in your package? Has anyone tried this. Pls let me know your thoughts.

I did it and it worked perfectly for both WES and IQAS.
I sent the docs to my faculty officer and he sent them in a separate brown envelope but in the same postal envelope to both orgs. Meaning my transcripts were in one envelope, my certs etc were in another envelope but they were sent to the org in the same postal envelope. So you can do yours same way. Remember ur uni has to stamp across the flap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:08am On Dec 03, 2016
vcole:
Thanks iphie, patiently waiting to celebrate your PPR, its a few days away now.

Thanks for this. lol @ 4th GCMS due end of Nov.

Amen o!!! Its all in God's name! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nyabingi(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hello House, Greetings Please I need to be guided properly, I want to apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program,I have a family friend who resides and work in Canada they are willing to assist me for letters of recognition, however I would appreciate if I am guided on the steps to take through the application process for a family of four or as a single applicant considering financial implications, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Iphie25 Thank you so much for your response, i am asking also for my certificate to be included as it is still with my school and the guy agreed to put a photocopy of it should he go ahead or send only the transcript and the WES Transcript request form
iphie25:

Are you asking about the transcripts' request form?
Its VERY necessary pls. Not just for WES but for all the other ECA Organizations.go ahead, print it, fill it, scan it and send to the officer in ur uni.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
showerses:
Your certificate and transcript is fine. No need to send the transcript request form for WES. But if I were you, I'll let the man scan my certificate to me, then wld send it separately from my end. That's the safest option in my opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
@ Adiahabasi thank you for your opinion, i will ask him to send only my transcript then he will scan and send me my Certificate so that i can send from my end then i will use EMS speed post instead of dhl and the likes to send it to WES .
Adiahabasi:
Your certificate and transcript is fine. No need to send the transcript request form for WES. But if I were you, I'll let the man scan my certificate to me, then wld send it separately from my end. That's the safest option in my opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
showerses:
@ Adiahabasi thank you for your opinion, i will ask him to send only my transcript then he will scan and send me my Certificate so that i can send from my end then i will use EMS speed post instead of dhl and the likes to send it to WES .
Uw. Better still, send the soft copy to anyone u know in Canada, so they print and post locally. It'll be faster and way cheaper. Just make sure they write your WES ref number on the envelope. Local postage Costs 3CAD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sneed123: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2016
Hello House

I want to confirm if i need to send my University Transcript to the embassy even if i am applying for a Post Secondary School Diploma in Canada which does not require a degree.

My reason for avoiding sending is because there is an error in age (Year) on my transcript which have been almost impossible for me to correct.

I am presently 32yrs, is my option of not sending university transcript wise considering my age to opt for a diploma.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hello Nyabingi,
With regards to provincial nomination in Manitoba, it's just like express entry with CIC and it is mainly pony based. You can get more information on www. Immigratemanitoba.com. however, you will need to provide sufficient proof of fund.
nyabingi:
Hello House, Greetings Please I need to be guided properly, I want to apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program,I have a family friend who resides and work in Canada they are willing to assist me for letters of recognition, however I would appreciate if I am guided on the steps to take through the application process for a family of four or as a single applicant considering financial implications, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Baba1010: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Larrydamsel:

Www.Transcript.Lautech.edu.ng

Hi Larrydamsel, can you confirm how long it took Lautech to process via the link you posted and did it get to wes without issues?

And thanks for the link, I've been thinking of ways to get my transcript from Lautech considering they are on strike. I requested my transcript from a UK uni last week, it was processed and posted out to WES same day....wondering when our unis will be that efficient smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by StNonsky(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
Good day all. I'm searching for any Pharmacist that got ECA from WES because they don't want to sit for licensure exams straight away and it was accepted by CIC. Mine was rejected and PEBC is expensive as it is time consuming.

Expert opinions pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by topmycin: 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
StNonsky...I read on another forum recently about an application dat was rejected mainly because d pharmacist did ECA with WES instead of PEBC just cos of d same reason u just posted (D person even stated dat he/she doesn't intend practising as a pharmacist at all )....It's stated clearly on cic website irrespective of whether u do not intend sitting fr d licensure exams
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 1:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Welldone to everyone in this forum, you guys are the best.
I want to send my transcript to WES for evaluation but LAUTECH has been on strike for over six months now. Is there anyway I can use my student copy i collected after graduation or is there any other method of evaluation?

I have MSc in the UK but not directly related to the occupation I want to nominate.

Already have my IELTS result LRWS 7.5,7.5,7.5,8

What can I do please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 5:22am On Dec 05, 2016
Yes in this case since the PNP 600 points will be sufficient.

Saturi:

Does it mean she does not require ECA and IELTS to include her for PR application??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2016
Baba1010:

Hi Larrydamsel, can you confirm how long it took Lautech to process via the link you posted and did it get to wes without issues?

And thanks for the link, I've been thinking of ways to get my transcript from Lautech considering they are on strike. I requested my transcript from a UK uni last week, it was processed and posted out to WES same day....wondering when our unis will be that efficient smiley
Less than a week to a Nigerian organization.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2016
Baba1010:
less than a week to a Nigerian organization.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2016
good mornig to good members of this forum. I need a comprehensive answer on this which. I have a sponsor sponsoring me on work permit to Canada though we are not blood related, so I was told to get the evidence of relationship with my sponsor so I want to know how I can do that.pleas I need a reply asap. thanks
(Modify ) (Q
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hey guys... For those in the pool, I'm sure you must have gotten the email from IRCC stating that 'regular' rounds of invitation will begin from next week.

So, for those worried about the high cut-off from the last draw, It was specifically for people that already have a PNP. I had mentioned this earlier...

I believe the number of ITAs will continue to increase and the cut-off will drop in the next few rounds.

All the best everyone! Stay hopeful...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
Some should answer me pls

jelmusboy:
I want to send my transcript to WES for evaluation but LAUTECH has been on strike for over six months now. Is there anyway I can use my student copy i collected after graduation or is there any other method of evaluation?

I have MSc in the UK but not directly related to the occupation I want to nominate.

What can I do please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
jelmusboy:
Some should answer me pls

Read back, you'll see the link for lautech transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2016
jelmusboy:

What can I do please?

Firstly, your occupation and degree don't have to match. Secondly, You only get points for the highest degree, so your Msc in this case is all you need. In other words, your Bsc won't contribute any point, if your Masters corresponds to the Canadian equivalent. Go ahead without your Msc evaluation and don't bother with LAUTECH. Thirdly, I sincerely recommend you take IELTS again and aim for a score of 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.5 in LRSW to get the maximum point or at least 8777. Your 7.5 in listening is going to cost you valuable points unless you plan on going through the PNP route. You can recalculate your score using the CRS tool to see how many points you lose/gain with the different scores above. Finally, just to be extra certain and probably what I should've asked first, What's your Msc in and what NOC is your occupation under?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.