Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598577 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
You are partly right!!

You require a close relative/friends in Manitoba or other connections such as study/work experience in Manitoba to be eligible to send an EOI. Out of all these connections, it is close relatives that give the highest score: 200. Friends will only give you 50 points.

Previously, if you or your spouse have a close relative living in another Canadian province or if you have a previous immigration application to another province, points will be deducted from your total score. However, this has been stopped but you will still have to indicate that you have applied to other provinces.

For those interested, go through this page to determine if you qualify
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/

To determine your likely EOI score, go through the link below for more details.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/general-mpnp-policies/sw-eoi-ranking/

GrandCommander:

You have given a good explanation but I don't think it is comprehensive enough. Firstly, if u study the MPNP EOI system well u will discover that there are eligibility requirements for each of their nominee classes of which having a connection to Manitoba province is a must for all of them. Secondly, you must have not yet applied to any other province nomination program and be fully interested in migrating to Manitoba which is where I have a bit of a problem. It appears that they mean one must not send an EOI to any other province except their own.
Gurus in d house pls look at this as I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sehawale: 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Doggys:
Hello House. I just received OID nomination letter from Saskatchewan today. Pls what do I do next? The nomination will expire July,2017. Thanks

Congrats. Sorry i cant help. im even going to be asking for help based on your question.lol. Please how did you get a score of minimum 60/100? last time I tried, the maximum point I got without having a family member living is Saskatchewan was about 57. I'm interested in that Province. Please share how you went about it so I can benefit. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
You can get all you need on Saskatchewan website. very straightforward except you do not have the number of year experience or your occupation is not within the noc. https://immigration.saskatchewan.ca/apex/f?p=305:101:11574377407221:::::
sehawale:

Congrats. Sorry i cant help. im even going to be asking for help based on your question.lol. Please how did you get a score of minimum 60/100? last time I tried, the maximum point I got without having a family member living is Saskatchewan was about 57. I'm interested in that Province. Please share how you went about it so I can benefit. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by piousoul: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Glory be to God Almighty.
Finally received PPR/COPR, timeline's below

AOR 27 April 2016
Medical passed: 05 May 2016
Rprf: 04 August 2016
Background in progress: 19 August 2016
Ppr: 15 December 2016
Ppt sent: 15 December 2016
recv ppt/corp back: 21 December 2016
Visa office: London

Wish everyone all the best

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
Wow. Congrats. London visa office is working. Hope Accra visa office will live up to expectation. Are you EEor OID?
piousoul:

AOR 27 April 2016

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Congrats!!!

piousoul:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Apple19: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
Good day house, just stumed on this thread during my search, and I will like to comend everyone for a great job. Pls kindly help me out....I am a Nurse and hubby is into IT. We're trying to see if we are eligible for the canadian immigration program. I have visited the links at the beggining of this thread, but it all seems so complex. Pls kindly help me as to how to go about this. God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
Congrats!! Weldone!!
blaizetony:
Hello house. I have been a silent follower of this thread. I wrote my first IELTS General exams around Oct and got : L 7.5, R 6.5 W 6.5 & S 7.5. (I didnt practice so much) tongue

This result was really depressing but i, my colleague and friends decided to give it another try and we wrote the Dec 3rd's exam. I got L 9, R 8, W 7.5 & S 7.5. (Practiced hard for 1month)

When i checked my CRS score, it came out to 481 lol grin.

I am yet to create a profile for the pool (no ECA yet) cos i never really took this Canada EE seriously.

I just quickly applied to my post graduate Uni (Sunderland) to send my transcript to IQAS.

I urge people taking IELTS to use Youtube videos for their listening practices, then use IELTS Liz for the rest, especially for the reading tips. IELTS 68k is not beans with this recession!!! cry

Wish you all goodluck and the best!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Yes, it will still give maximum of 20 points
ajiifixing:
House,
please with this new CRS, does spouse IELTS scores count/matter again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
It depends!! If the husband gets PNP, the wife will not be required to write IELTS. If not, the wife will have to write IELTS to boost their CRS score.
judithidoghogm:
Good morning all.If couples want to apply for the EE and the husband is the sole applicant,will the wife still need to take IELTS exam?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Congrats!!
Doggys:
Hello House. I just received OID nomination letter from Saskatchewan today. Pls what do I do next? The nomination will expire July,2017. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
You will likely be eligible but your CRS score will be very low without PNP.
benik:
hello house, quick help here.
is this person eligible for FSW?

Bsc, 9yrs work experience, 35yrs,

ielts score: listening;7.5, writing 6.5, reading 6, speaking 6.

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
You can evaluate your M.Eng alone for PR purpose.

However, when you get to Canada, you might still need to evaluate your B.Eng in order to register as an Engineer. This depends on the province you decide to relocate to. For instance, if you want to register with the Engineering body in Alberta (APEGA), you will be required to do a course by course evaluation of your B.Eng and M.Eng with WES.
Omonjoe:
For ECA, do I need evaluate my M.Eng and B.Eng?

Please I need advice from gurus here ...as I have two different opinions

Firstly, someone said I should evaluate ONLY my M.Eng

Secondly, when I emailed WES they said I need evaluate all my academic credentials.

For those that have gone through the process, how did you guys go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
To go through the process, you will need to read as the process is not that complex!!

With the little information you stated, nobody can tell you if you are eligible or not. You will need to provide much more details. Moreover, it is not just the eligibility that matters, you also need to have high CRS score to stand a chance as you might be eligible with low CRS score.

Apple19:
Good day house, just stumed on this thread during my search, and I will like to comend everyone for a great job. Pls kindly help me out....I am a Nurse and hubby is into IT. We're trying to see if we are eligible for the canadian immigration program. I have visited the links at the beggining of this thread, but it all seems so complex. Pls kindly help me as to how to go about this. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
@dupyshoo

Sent you a PM. Please respond asap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Opasleeky(f): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
Good day all,stumbled on this page while surfing the net,kindly direct me if there is a group on provinvicial nominee program, i got an email from Avo requesting for my passport...i need some clarifications.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
Doggys:
22, Nov.,2016. On the 7th December I got a mail for additional information-proof of funds. I just submitted it on the 19th and got nomination letter on the 20th.

@doggy! Please I will like to know if there is any opening in any of the states in Canada whose immigration nomination program is still on. Please give me update. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
50th Draw is 475
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
dupyshoo:
To go through the process, you will need to read as the process is not that complex!!

With the little information you stated, nobody can tell you if you are eligible or not. You will need to provide much more details. Moreover, it is not just the eligibility that matters, you also need to have high CRS score to stand a chance as you might be eligible with low CRS score.

@dupyshoo.. Please is there any ongoing nominee program now in can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
dupyshoo:

@dupyshoo.. Please is there any ongoing nominee program now in Canada? Please give me a clue. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TimTam2014: 7:05am On Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone, I just checked my IELTS result and I would like to share how I got there. This is my result

Listening 9
Reading. 8.5
Writing. 8.0
Speaking. 7.5

Overall 8.5

I used YouTube for listening for like a month then I decided to scrap it cos it just didn't feel right to me. So I went online searching for Cambridge eBook. I found the recent one I.e the Cambridge IELTS 11 here

http://ieltsgeneral.net/cambridge-ielts-11-general-training-students-book-answers-ebook-audio-cd/

For Reading I will advise to practise with Academic reading first its more difficult than GT but it helped me a lot. You can get the Academic version of Cambridge IELTS here

http://ieltsmaterial.com

You ll need Google Drive to download these books.

For writing I used an ebook posted on this thread long ago. Ryan T Higgins wrote the book. He's on YouTube also as IELTS Ryan. He has a blog. You can screenshot his essays on ur phone to read at ur convinence.

http://www.ieltsielts.com/

For the speaking I used YouTube all through from IELTS channel to IELTS Liz and also this lady Emma 'Learn English with Emma' that should be her channel name and other random videos.
I was interviewed by a Nigerian and I made d mistake of misinterpreting Capital punishment as Corporal Punishment sad , I talked fast cos I was nervous.. (I hate being interviewed), I stopped talking at a time rather than being stopped which means I didn't spend all d minutes required. It just wasn't the perfect speaking test but thank God I got 7.5. I just want to put it out there to cancel the mindset that Nigerian interviewers are strict.

All da best to everyone planning to write the test.

P.s read the instructions on the listening and reading test. I saw a woman blew away 68k by writing more than two words for ONE WORD answer section....68k jeez!

Once again all d best.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Congrats! Was this EE with direct ITA or PNP?

piousoul:

AOR 27 April 2016

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:53am On Dec 23, 2016
Was there a draw recently?

Beem4cupid:
50th Draw is 475
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by piousoul: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Larrydamsel:
Wow. Congrats. London visa office is working. Hope Accra visa office will live up to expectation. Are you EEor OID?

Thank you Larrydamsel
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by piousoul: 9:49am On Dec 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
Congrats!!!

Thank you dupyshoo. Your posts have been very helpful both here and on the other forum.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by piousoul: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2016
boldinc:
Congrats! Was this EE with direct ITA or PNP?

EE with Direct ITA
No PNP/LMIA
FSW Outland
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Loka0512: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2016
@Ennyo, please i would be interested in you sharing with me the necessary docs for nova scotia pnp.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2016
There are always available PNP. The question is if you meet their criteria. Go to their websites to find out.

bigheadday:

@dupyshoo.. Please is there any ongoing nominee program now in Canada? Please give me a clue. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2016
Congrats and thanks for sharing tips.

TimTam2014:
Hello everyone, I just checked my IELTS result and I would like to share how I got there. This is my result

Listening 9
Reading. 8.5
Writing. 8.0
Speaking. 7.5

Overall 8.5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2016
Ok. Nice...

Congrats again!

piousoul:

EE with Direct ITA
No PNP/LMIA
FSW Outland
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2016
Nice.
TimTam2014:

Listening 9
Reading. 8.5
Writing. 8.0
Speaking. 7.5

Overall 8.5

I used YouTube for listening for like a month then I decided to scrap it cos it just didn't feel right to me. So I went online searching for Cambridge eBook. I found the recent one I.e the Cambridge IELTS 11 here

http://ieltsgeneral.net/cambridge-ielts-11-general-training-students-book-answers-ebook-audio-cd/

For Reading I will advise to practise with Academic reading first its more difficult than GT but it helped me a lot. You can get the Academic version of Cambridge IELTS here

http://ieltsmaterial.com

You ll need Google Drive to download these books.

For writing I used an ebook posted on this thread long ago. Ryan T Higgins wrote the book. He's on YouTube also as IELTS Ryan. He has a blog. You can screenshot his essays on ur phone to read at ur convinence.

http://www.ieltsielts.com/

For the speaking I used YouTube all through from IELTS channel to IELTS Liz and also this lady Emma 'Learn English with Emma' that should be her channel name and other random videos.
I was interviewed by a Nigerian and I made d mistake of misinterpreting Capital punishment as Corporal Punishment sad , I talked fast cos I was nervous.. (I hate being interviewed), I stopped talking at a time rather than being stopped which means I didn't spend all d minutes required. It just wasn't the perfect speaking test but thank God I got 7.5. I just want to put it out there to cancel the mindset that Nigerian interviewers are strict.

All da best to everyone planning to write the test.

P.s read the instructions on the listening and reading test. I saw a woman blew away 68k by writing more than two words for ONE WORD answer section....68k jeez!

Once again all d best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.