Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598229 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bidemibunmi: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2017
good morning all,
kindly assist me with the procedures for relocating to canada with my family. i and my husband are both graduates with masters degree.
God Bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nickoko: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
bidemibunmi:
good morning all,
kindly assist me with the procedures for relocating to canada with my family. i and my husband are both graduates with masters degree.
God Bless you

Open your phone, laptops or any other device and take your time to read from page 1 to 229. When you are through you can come back and ask your question(s).

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
jassymama:

I got 8.5 in listening. So I guess I would just accept my scores. Thanks

yes so pls calculate your scores based on this if there is an improvement u might just get 3 points extra
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osesmith: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pls friends has anyone here applied for permanent residency to cic after being nominated by province.
Please I need ur assistance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
@JesusDWay

Longest time boss! Glad to have you back smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
40manlappy:
@JesusDWay

Longest time boss! Glad to have you back smiley

Hailing you sir! Trust you've been fine

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
51st draw with cutoff of 468. Congrats to all those who got ITA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Garykasparov:

Thanks am on it...exam is on saturday!

@00DE00, You are very funny!

It is true i have delivered great suggestions on how to ace the test. Infact, i created a topic on it (my one and only by the way) to help Nigerians, i personally wrote it thrice, and i don't want them to suffer the same fate. A lot of people sit this exam, and rarely to they get that desired band in first sitting.
https://www.nairaland.com/3069963/how-achieve-ielts-general-training#45052064
Here is the link, But lack of visit/inquiry has not made it encouraging.

Hi Esosa4real,
Please click the link above or take the suggestion below for just your WRITING.

WRITING

It has been observed that most people fall short of a Band 7 in writing. However, techniques to nail it will be discussed here.
Firstly, the GT Writing is in two categories i.e Task 1 and Task 2.

In Task 1, Kindly read the criteria for your desired band

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/IELTS_task_1_Writing_band_descriptors.pdf

In summary, however, your task 1 letter should have a clear purpose of writing as the first paragraph, preferably 3/4 lines.
Secondly, there are usually 3 to 4 requirements on the question, each of which should have its own paragraph.
Thirdly, write in the right tone (formal/informal) and your punctuation should be on point.

For Task 2
Firstly read the marking criteria. https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/IELTS_task_2_Writing_band_descriptors.pdf
Visit http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/ielts-essay.html and examine how the criteria were met in their model essays and start practising. The more you write, the better you become.
Part of your marking criteria is to use a wide range of sentence structures, view http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/sentence-structure.html for more understanding.
In addition, you must write at length as a whole and each of your paragraphs should be extensive with ideas, examples and comparisons. Usually, i recommend 6 paragraphs (introduction, 4 body paragraphs and conclusion). Further to this, there is a pdf article called "BOMB" widely circulated on this forum which is great for a start but not sufficient for a Band 7 score or higher.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
Beem4cupid:
51st draw with cutoff of 468. Congrats to all those who got ITA

Wow!! Congrats to all those who got ITA. I hope it continues this way.

Chai!! The score is really coming down oh and to think that I would have got ITA if not for 0.5...... ielts sha..... its painful oo....lol

Baba God, pick our phone call

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by agbeero(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sehawale: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
please how many years work experience can i claim if i worked full time for 4 years and then take 1 year leave of absence?

4 YEARS or 5 YEARS?

I need this to know the points I will get for years of experience for SINP when determining my eligibility.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abusaibu: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2017
Goodday house, pls is it possible for someone who is already in the Experess Entry pool to login to his profile and remove the initial work experience claimed and replace it with another one

Thanks. abusaibu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gbemmy777: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Good morning peeps, pls is there anyone in the house who use IQAS for their ECA. I need assistance on how to go about the process. Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2017
richieadeolu:
Dear dupyshoo, I'm also interested in the POF document. I will appreciate if you can send it to my mail richardadeolu@gmail.com. thanks a bunch

@dupyshoo am also interested pls send to olominaifeoma@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:13am On Jan 05, 2017
Yes you can update any info on your express entry profile as long as you have not received an ITA yet. However, after doing so, you must take a look at your re-calculated crs score to be sure you are not losing points.
abusaibu:
Goodday house, pls is it possible for someone who is already in the Experess Entry pool to login to his profile and remove the initial work experience claimed and replace it with another one

Thanks. abusaibu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2017
For those requesting that I should send them my POF draft, I am not sure the draft will be relevant to you. Kindly let me know the situation of your POF so I can determine the relevance of my draft to you.

mzjennypher:

@dupyshoo am also interested pls send to olominaifeoma@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bolaobby: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2017
Need help with this.

Which occupation can someone with MBBS degree and MSc in Physiology with six years experience as a Medical Doctor choose. Is it possible to choose an occupation based on the master degree alone since the Medical route is tedious for now.

Was just thinking of assessing my wife credential for additional 5pts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
gbemmy777:
Good morning peeps, pls is there anyone in the house who use IQAS for their ECA. I need assistance on how to go about the process. Thanks so much

Have a look at the link below:

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hello folks,

Has anyone received an ITA today?

My ITA Status has been blank since yesterday. I have a score of 470.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
Who is the principal applicant? Msc gives more than 5 points.
if she is NOT the principal applicant, i think you can assess her msc, then when filling her details on the profile, under educational qualifications, list the msc, also list the mbbs but indicate that there is no eca for that. crs points should be awarded for her msc regardless.
bolaobby:
Need help with this.

Which occupation can someone with MBBS degree and MSc in Physiology with six years experience as a Medical Doctor choose. Is it possible to choose an occupation based on the master degree alone since the Medical route is tedious for now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 3:41am On Jan 06, 2017
bolaobby:
Need help with this.

@vcole @dupsyshoo

This is a good question. Is there an NOC that can suit her MSC instead? Or her work experience is most important?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Epudome: 4:56am On Jan 06, 2017
Hello everyone pls I'm about to get my institution to send my transcript to WES. Can i ask them to include a photocopy of my certificate inside the envelope? Is that acceptable by WES or i have to send a copy if my certificate seperately by courier?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2017
It's better you attach your certificate of you're opportune. That's if you're the one to send the sealed envelope to WES.[1quote author=Epudome post=52571345]Hello everyone pls I'm about to get my institution to send my transcript to WES. Can i ask them to include a photocopy of my certificate inside the envelope? Is that acceptable by WES or i have to send a copy if my certificate seperately by courier?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2017
It's better you attach your certificate of you're opportune. That's if you're the one to send the sealed envelope to WES.
Epudome:
Hello everyone pls I'm about to get my institution to send my transcript to WES. Can i ask them to include a photocopy of my certificate inside the envelope? Is that acceptable by WES or i have to send a copy if my certificate seperately by courier?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Epudome: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2017
Larrydamsel:
It's better you attach your certificate of you're opportune. That's if you're the one to send the sealed envelope to WES.

Thnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2017
bolaobby:
Need help with this.

please have both your medical degree and msc assessed and apply as a medical doctor. Your chances are high as a medical doctor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2017
esosa4real:

@vcole @dupsyshoo

This is a good question. Is there an NOC that can suit her MSC instead? Or her work experience is most important?
the work experience is very important.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2017
bolaobby:
Need help with this.

please have both your medical degree and msc assessed and apply as a medical doctor. Your chances are high as a medical doctor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hi,

I was practicing IELTS reading test on a particular website today which has past questions from the exam, and I answered some of those questions that require you fill in the blank space with sentences by writing the answer in small letters. I wrote the answers in small letters because following the flow of the statement they were supposed to be written in small letters.

When I submitted my answers, they were flagged as incorrect, and I looked at the site's answer list and noticed that the words had their first letter capitalized. I found this odd because in the flow of the sentence they weren't supposed to be capitalized.

Now, my question is, is IELTS really picky about capitalization where necessary or not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.