Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,509 members, 7,801,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2592839 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Baybes: 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Congrats to all ITA recipients. I am sooooo happy for y'all!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think that a post ITA thread would be counter productive. This thread when kept alive in the past has truly helped a lot of people. I gained so much from this and i'm thankful to zandora, jesusDway, dupyshoo and all pioneers of this thread, even slowlybutsurely was very very active before. Now, it has really been a slow thread for a while maybe due to high draws.
I suggest that we keep our conversation about post ITA issues, including all hurdles we face and how we surmount them here within the thread so as to benefit maximally ourselves as well as help others. The tendency to abandon the thread when another thread for only eAPR is opened or another forum for interaction about these issues is available is very very high. This is my opinion.

Anyone who has questions about the eAPR process should please feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability and I trust that others will

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Use this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
youseuph:

I am not sure if I did the calculation well. But my crs point is way below 470. My details is as follows:

Wife to apply as principal applicant

WIFE
Education- professional
Age- 27
Projected ielts score- 8777
Experience -4yrs

ME
Education- professional
Age- 33
Ielts- 8777
Experience- 7

Pls help me to look at it and advise appropriately. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
I will respond to this just once as this isn't the right thread for this question. You can ask your questions on the canadian tourist visa application thread which can be found here https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion You should be able to get more useful responses from there.
However, you simply answer YES to the question that asks if you have applied to IRCC before and fill in your UCI number or app number as the case may be and answer YES to any question that asks if you have been denied a canadian visa before and explain the reason for refusal. You are married, so you would provide a copy of your marriage certificate amongst supporting documents as evidence of change of name.
Enyinne:
Hi my people,thank God I found this page .am in a dilemma and need to clear it up .my mum applied for Canadian immigrants visa for me which was sent to Ghana .the name I used is not same with what am answering now as she used her own maiden name to file for me as to suit and correspond with document tendered .but I was refused cos it took a long time like close to 5yrs for me to be called for interview by that time I hv gotten married ,baby is now involved and I was not looking like the age of 22yrs any longer which is they bench match age for immigrants visa . Now I want to apply for a visiting visa now ,using another name as per my original name but I can't remember if Canadian embassy Ghana took my thumb print at interview . Pls hv any one visited Ghana for their interview. ,did u thumbprint ?? As my interview was short but not granted .what point is thumbprint needed ?this is help me know if I transplanted or not so I can safely apply for my visiting visa . Pls help a sister .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
I paid both oh.
As for pof doc, remember all apps are individualized oh. Nigeria banks do not issue the bank letter in the format IRCC recommends. So what you do is obtain a reference letter from your bank(s) in whatever format they give and add a 6 months' bank statement for your account(s).
A letter of explanation of any issue as regards your funds that you think would be necessary should accompany your supporting docs.
boldinc:
dupyshoo, vcole... others who have submitted... Did you guys go with the option of paying the application and RPR fees ahead or on PPR?

dupyshoo... do you think the POF doc you have would be useful to us now?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
I agree with you. It is better to ask questions here so that subsequent applicants and all those still expecting ITAs will have access to the information.

vcole:

Personally, I think that a post ITA thread would be counter productive. This thread when kept alive in the past has truly helped a lot of people. I gained so much from this and i'm thankful to zandora, jesusDway, dupyshoo and all pioneers of this thread, even slowlybutsurely was very very active before. Now, it has really been a slow thread for a while maybe due to high draws.
I suggest that we keep our conversation about post ITA issues, including all hurdles we face and how we surmount them here within the thread so as to benefit maximally ourselves as well as help others. The tendency to abandon the thread when another thread for only eAPR is opened or another forum for interaction about these issues is available is very very high. This is my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
40manlappy:
Once again, congratulations to the ITA recipients.

To the rest of us that are still waiting, let us keep the hope alive. May our own ITAs come soon. smiley

@SlowlybtSurely: You got ITA too?

Bros, there is hope oh but for how long? lol

Ielts is what's delaying me now! it is well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
boldinc:
Hehehe...

Good news is shared! ITA received...

Thanks!

Wow @boldinc congrats ooh, you really predicted your ITA last week...lol

@vcole @ugoiyke79e @dupsyshoo @iphie125 See as ITA dey pass me by oooh, chaaaaii grin grin I am hopeful sha but scared at the same time that the draws might go very up soon! Anyways I have to wait on ma 2nd ielts result on the 20th and 1st ielts remark in march.

BTW, I wanted to ask if anyone knows the right body to evaluate a MED LAB degree. I want my fiancé to start the process but don't know if WES is allowed. I checked the ECA section of the CIC website and only special considerations is given to Medicine and Pharmacy for which the evaluating bodies are MCC and PEBC respectively.

So please if there is anyone that has info about Med lab degree evaluation, they should help me out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for the info dupy...

I might fall into the same category, but i'll let you know if I do need it.

dupyshoo:
Yes, I paid both at the time of submission.

It depends on your POF.
For my POF, I had to combine several accounts. Hence, there was need for me to explain my POF very well in order for the visa Officer to understand. If you are submitting only one account statement as POF, then my POF draft will not be beneficial.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
Thanks dear for info...

vcole:
I paid both oh.
As for pof doc, remember all apps are individualized oh. Nigeria banks do not issue the bank letter in the format IRCC recommends. So what you do is obtain a reference letter from your bank(s) in whatever format they give and add a 6 months' bank statement for your account(s).
A letter of explanation of any issue as regards your funds that you think would be necessary should accompany your supporting docs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hmmm... makes sense.

Slowelybutsurely, I think we should stick here. It would help us and people coming ahead. Besides, we have experienced people here to answer questions.

dupyshoo:
I agree with you. It is better to ask questions here so that subsequent applicants and all those still expecting ITAs will have access to the information.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hehehe. Yes o. Thank God it came as predicted.

I wish you all the best with your IELTS.

esosa4real:

@vcole @ugoiyke79e @dupsyshoo @iphie125 See as ITA dey pass me by oooh, chaaaaii grin grin I am hopeful sha but scared at the same time that the draws might go very up soon! Anyways I have to wait on ma 2nd ielts result on the 20th and 1st ielts remark in march.

BTW, I wanted to ask if anyone knows the right body to evaluate a MED LAB degree. I want my fiancé to start the process but don't know if WES is allowed. I checked the ECA section of the CIC website and only special considerations is given to Medicine and Pharmacy for which the evaluating bodies are MCC and PEBC respectively.

So please if there is anyone that has info about Med lab degree evaluation, they should help me out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
boldinc:
Thanks a lot!

What's your status?

Still working on my increasing my point oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Oh ok... All the best with that.

Did you retake IELTS?

Had to work on increasing mine too. My wife is the main applicant and I only just decided to write IELTS which added extra 20 points to our initial 444.

You can do it!

Pinkygrace:

Still working on my increasing my point oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
youseuph:

I am not sure if I did the calculation well. But my crs point is way below 470. My details is as follows:

Wife to apply as principal applicant

WIFE
Education- professional
Age- 27
Projected ielts score- 8777
Experience -4yrs

ME
Education- professional
Age- 33
Ielts- 8777
Experience- 7

Pls help me to look at it and advise appropriately. Thanks

Take your time to do it again, I just did and your score with your wife as PA is 470 with projected ilets as 8777 in LSRW
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jesusbaby01: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
It's PPR guys shocked grin >: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

God has finally buttered my bread. The feeling is exhilarating. WOOOOOOOOOW

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Nice... Congrats.

How long did it take from submitting your application?

jesusbaby01:
It's PPR guys shocked grin >: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello Dupyshoo,

Could you assist me with a sample of a POF draft. I am also combining several accounts for my POF.

Thank you in advance.

dupyshoo:
Yes, I paid both at the time of submission.

It depends on your POF.
For my POF, I had to combine several accounts. Hence, there was need for me to explain my POF very well in order for the visa Officer to understand. If you are submitting only one account statement as POF, then my POF draft will not be beneficial.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
jesusbaby01:

Yay! Congrats to you. Wooooooow! I can imagine the feeling.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jesusbaby01: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
@boldinc 178days. Just 2 days shy of 6months

@beyunce
thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bamakoe(f): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
Congrats!
Was it processed at Accra Visa Office and were you nominated via PNP?

jesusbaby01:

@beyunce
thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
What's the name of the degree? I think you could use WES or Iqas.
esosa4real:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
jesusbaby01:

This is great news! Congrats. Please if you don't mind, can you share your timeline from start till ppr?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
@SlowlybtSurely: We are actually looking at the two. Whichever one sails through.... wink

@boldinc: Not yet. Trusting God for a breakthrough soon smiley

@esosa4real: I feel you bro. We won't give up cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
vcole:
What's the name of the degree? I think you could use WES or Iqas.

Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello house

Please can you change a detail that does not affect your crs score after you receive an ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
specrealq:
Hello house

Please can you change a detail that does not affect your crs score after you receive an ITA.

Yes you can. But please note that, once you receive your ITA and accept it, all information entered into your profile before ITA will be stored inot your gcms profile.
if you think the change might be suspicious in the eyes of an immigration officer,I suggest you write an LOE explaining why you made such change before you submit your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Wow! That's quite some time... Hope its faster these days.

jesusbaby01:

@beyunce
thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Breakthrough cometh!!!

40manlappy:
@SlowlybtSurely: We are actually looking at the two. Whichever one sails through.... wink

@boldinc: Not yet. Trusting God for a breakthrough soon smiley

@esosa4real: I feel you bro. We won't give up cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
vcole, dupyshoo... rest of experienced ITA team.

Been tryna fill the form and the 'personal history' form for primary candidate keeps showing 'in progress' even after I have completely filled it.

That's the only part awaiting now. Ever experienced this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

Big congrats to everyone who got their ITA yesterday! I finally got mine too! grin

Please I have a question, i don't know if anyone can help me shed a light on this situation.
My husband has a younger brother (8 yrs old) that he has been taking care of for about 5 years now, even though their father is still alive and mother is deceased, but he (the father) has signed a sworn affidavit (Consent of custody) with the High Court releasing all responsibilities of the brother (food, clothing, shelter, schooling, etc) to my husband. Can we claim his brother as a dependent child when filling the forms on PR? or can we only claim our birth children? There was a space where we were asked how many children we had, and we don't know if we can include him since we already see him as our child.

Kindly help to clarify please.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 12:20am On Jan 13, 2017
boldinc:
vcole, dupyshoo... rest of experienced ITA team.

Been tryna fill the form and the 'personal history' form for primary candidate keeps showing 'in progress' even after I have completely filled it.

That's the only part awaiting now. Ever experienced this?

What browser are you using? I used firefox. Also when filling what you were doing for the last 10 years, if unemployed, fill not applicable for name of company. Dont leave any slots blank. That was the part i had issues with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.