Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598464 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gbemmy777: 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good evening peeps, I got someone in the USA who wants to assist us in paying for our ECA with IQAS as a result of the restriction on naira. but we don't know how to go about it. Anyone here who has gone through the process should Kindly assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by coolhayor: 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
I want to get a reference letter from my superior who has also left my former company. He has agreed to write it but since he is not longer with the company how can i go about it?

Also i want to get a reference from my current boss but he cannot write the letter on a letter head as d company rule forbids it.

I plan to notarise both letters. My question is i hope it will fly with dis CIC guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
You pay into the person's naira/nigeria bank account (based on your agreed rate) then you give the person your login details for IQAS.

gbemmy777:
Good evening peeps, I got someone in the USA who wants to assist us in paying for our ECA with IQAS as a result of the restriction on naira. but we don't know how to go about it. Anyone here who has gone through the process should Kindly assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emiye(m): 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Dear house, I plan to raise the fund from my sister. Will a letter drafted in a gift deed format and notarised by say notary public suffix?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
Make sure you include his I'd card and business card if possible.
coolhayor:
I want to get a reference letter from my superior who has also left my former company. He has agreed to write it but since he is not longer with the company how can i go about it?

Also i want to get a reference from my current boss but he cannot write the letter on a letter head as d company rule forbids it.

I plan to notarise both letters. My question is i hope it will fly with dis CIC guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gbemmy777: 12:39am On Jan 17, 2017
Gymme:
You pay into the person's naira/nigeria bank account (based on your agreed rate) then you give the person your login details for IQAS.

thanks so much, the Payment terms has been already upon. It only remains how to pay to IQAS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by malel1: 3:30am On Jan 17, 2017
Pinkygrace:

Take your time to do it again, I just did and your score with your wife as PA is 470 with projected ilets as 8777 in LSRW

I calculated my CR I got 490

I don't really know whether I did it correctly

Am 37 yrs old
I have 10 yrs
Working experience in automation
I calculated with an English result of 7777
I also have some certification I got from different companies outside nigeria.
I read electrical \ electronics engineering in the university.
What is the minimum score one needs to get before he can apply.

Thanks

Pls gurus in the house make una help a brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 6:05am On Jan 17, 2017
dupyshoo:
It did not affect me as I have loads of close relatives (Uncles, Aunties and Cousins) in Canada that I did not declare. As I said earlier, I indicated I had relatives before ITA but when I saw the documents required to support the claim, I had to change my answer to "No". Will I now get supporting documents for my over 10 relatives? What if they had even left Canada?

Why did I do so? I believe having relatives in Canada is a "positive" since it will add points to your eligibility score. So, indicating that I don't have any relatives in Canada means that I will lose some eligibility points. As, I am losing points and not adding points to my eligibility score, then it should not be a problem.

Please note that this is just my opinion.

Please what are the required docs?
Also for those who'd like to use family as sponsor in Provincial nominee, what are the supporting documents?

Can anyone who has scaled the hurdle using family as sponsor/nominee give us heads up. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 7:01am On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=debeams post=52795615][/quote]

@ debeams. I assessed my law degree with WES and got a 4 years bachelors degree equivalent . Please how does IQAS assess law degree maybe i couls asses with IQAS. THANKS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 7:08am On Jan 17, 2017
atimb:
Please can my spouse use his transcript from the Nigerian Law Sch (B.L) instead of his LL.B for his ECA for express entry, he is the principal applicant?

@ debeams. I assessed my law degree with WES and got a 4 years bachelor degree equivalent. Please how does IQAS assess law degrees maybe i can assess with IQAS. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:11am On Jan 17, 2017
You can't get that score with the information provided... Are you married? Didi you add your spouse's details?

I think you should try again.

Just in case, here's the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

malel1:

Am 37 yrs old
I have 10 yrs

Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2017
Remove your work experience from your profile. You should only state it in your personal history section.

Also, as long as you stated in your profile that you have a degree but did not evaluate it, you still need to upload the degree certificate even though no points were awarded for it because it was not evaluated.

boldinc:
Hey guys... vcole, dupyshoo... Really wondering tho...

My wife is the principal applicant, yet they require details of my work history and then go ahead to ask for reference letter for each as well. I never thought I would be asked for such, been preparing for wifey's all this while. That's a really major task for me!

Why do they need it tho? It didn't add any score to my crs.

Also, I didn't evaluate my degrees, but they asking me to upload for Education... Do they mean just the IELTS result?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by unibadan(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:
The seniors have spoken; however since his BSc has been assessed as 3yr equivalent and his ICAN as a 2yr equivalent then he has 2 or more certificates, degrees or diploma's where one program was at least 3yrs.

CAVEAT: I am not an authority in this regard; so consider the different views.

P.S: he should click whatever option was selected in the initial profile for which he was awarded points.

Thank you.

See the summary of the WES. Can it be used despite of the remark

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor’s degree (four years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: University of Abuja
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: 2011
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study in accounting
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:11am On Jan 17, 2017
It is obvious that it cannot be used since the Canadian Equivalency Summary says "Bachelor’s degree (four years)". In addition, the remark "Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential" shows that BSC and ICAN cannot be classified under 2 or more degrees.

Still my opinion sha.....

unibadan:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

education credential.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:20am On Jan 17, 2017
As a lot of people have explained: remove the info from your work history and education history as you will have to provide supporting documents for any information you include under these sections.

I will still use my application as a point of reference for this situation.
When I realised after ITA that I was being asked to provide reference letter for my past jobs in Nigeria, I simply removed it from my employment history section. These jobs had no effect as I already have more than 3 year work experience in my current job.

Also, we did not evaluate hubby's MSc as we were able to get ITA without it but we included the details before ITA. When we realised that we were being asked to upload the ECA and certificate, we deleted the details.

Please note that we still included all these information under personal history.

boldinc:
Hey guys... vcole, dupyshoo... Really wondering tho...

My wife is the principal applicant, yet they require details of my work history and then go ahead to ask for reference letter for each as well. I never thought I would be asked for such, been preparing for wifey's all this while. That's a really major task for me!

Why do they need it tho? It didn't add any score to my crs.

Also, I didn't evaluate my degrees, but they asking me to upload for Education... Do they mean just the IELTS result?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2017
ysmd:

@ debeams. I assessed my law degree with WES and got a 4 years bachelor degree equivalent. Please how does IQAS assess law degrees maybe i can assess with IQAS. Thanks

For IQAS it's assessed as First Professional Degree. Try re-evaluate with IQAS. I think it's better that way.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2017
I can't remember very well but I am sure you will have to provide the relative's Canadian passport/PR card, proofs that your are related (such as your birth certificate, your dad or mum's birth certificate and the relative's birth certificate) and maybe, utility bills.

With regard to provincial nominee, it depends on the province. I am a bit conversant with Manitoba PNP requirements. For that, you will require the relative's passport or PR card, proofs of relationships (birth certificates and photos), utility bills to show that the person has been staying in Manitoba for over a year or 2 (i think) and the person will have to write a statement plan of how he/she will support your move to Manitoba.

Edited

I just confirmed via the link below. The requiremnts are as shown below:

Purpose

To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
1. A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
2. Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
3. Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

ajiifixing:

Please what are the required docs?
Also for those who'd like to use family as sponsor in Provincial nominee, what are the supporting documents?

Can anyone who has scaled the hurdle using family as sponsor/nominee give us heads up. Thanks.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:51am On Jan 17, 2017
Hiyah, did you study in Canada or your education is in Canada?
If no, then I am sure with your details below, your CRS won't be up to that. The max. CRS score for a single person with MSc., 3 or more years of work experience, max IELTS score and less than 30 year old is 481. The max. score for a married person with the same details and with max IELTS score and MSc for the spouse is 484.

You can only get above these points if you have PhD/Canadian Education/Canadian work experience.

To be honest with you, you will likely require provincial nomination as you would have lost about 40 points due to age alone.

If you are interested, you might consider Australia PR. I studied Elect/Elect as well and I have seen a lot of Elect/Elect Engineers that have been successful with Australia PR. In fact, most Engineers find it easier than other professions. You can check my past post for the comparison between Australia PR and Canada PR.

malel1:

Am 37 yrs old
I have 10 yrs

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:20am On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks a lot hallly... Makes sense!

hallly:
Remove your work experience from your profile. You should only state it in your personal history section.

Also, as long as you stated in your profile that you have a degree but did not evaluate it, you still need to upload the degree certificate even though no points were awarded for it because it was not evaluated.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks dear. I will do just that...

Website under maintenance now till another 10 mins. Will give it a shot right after.

dupyshoo:
As a lot of people have explained: remove the info from your work history and education history as you will have to provide supporting documents for any information you include under these sections.

I will still use my application as a point of reference for this situation.
When I realised after ITA that I was being asked to provide reference letter for my past jobs in Nigeria, I simply removed it from my employment history section. These jobs had no effect as I already have more than 3 year work experience in my current job.

Also, we did not evaluate hubby's MSc as we were able to get ITA without it but we included the details before ITA. When we realised that we were being asked to upload the ECA and certificate, we deleted the details.

Please note that we still included all these information under personal history.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2017
For those that are waiting for ITA and are gathering supporting documents, you can check the document checklist using the link below to get more details about the required documents

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

For some FAQs about express entry, you can check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2017
Done... Thanks hallly, dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2017
debeams:

For IQAS it's assessed as First Professional Degree. Try re-evaluate with IQAS. I think it's better that way.

@debeams. Thank you. Can i send my certificate while my university sends the transcript or do i need to send both in the same envelop.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
coolhayor:

Try and convince your boss or meet the ceo to get you the letter on a letter ahead , highest use to whom it may concern as the address,
most importantly please read the instructions on the segments of what needs to be uploaded , read the instructions very clearly. So u have a clue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Sorry for my numerous questions dupyshoo... Where do I upload my IELTS result as I do not have any slot for education anymore?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello Peeps, Thanks for allthe Informations-This Thread is hgihly informative to say the least.

I intend to Fill in my EE Profile soon and I Just Ran my CRS via the CIC CRS Calculator and my Score is somewhere between 455 and 460. I am married and filled in as Married.

My Question Now to the Profs in the House is 455 an adequate score to go ahead with?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
I did not upload my IELTS but I provided the reference number when completing the application forms. However, if you want to upload it, you can include it with your academic certificates.

boldinc:
Sorry for my numerous questions dupyshoo... Where do I upload my IELTS result as I do not have any slot for education anymore?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
You can only claim points for the BSc. based on the remarks from WES.

Thank you.

unibadan:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

education credential.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks. I'm not the principal applicant, but I filled in the reference number.

dupyshoo:
I did not upload my IELTS but I provided the reference number when completing the application forms. However, if you want to upload it, you can include it with your academic certificates.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
455 is a good score and would most likely get an ITA in the next draw as the last cut off was 459...

raymege:
Hello Peeps, Thanks for allthe Informations-This Thread is hgihly informative to say the least.

I intend to Fill in my EE Profile soon and I Just Ran my CRS via the CIC CRS Calculator and my Score is somewhere between 455 and 460. I am married and filled in as Married.

My Question Now to the Profs in the House is 455 an adequate score to go ahead with?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
unibadan:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

education credential.

By now, you must have received enough feedback to know he can't use the ICAN which is not recognized as equivalent to a Canadian educational qualification. He only has one educational qualification which is the Bsc that is equivalent to a Canadian qualification. Hope this satisfies your enquiry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
raymege:

Thanks

Yes it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.