Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597726 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
IamIye:
Good morning all. Please I'll appreciate the input of all the gurus in the house esp people who really understand the POF bits. So I was in the UK all through last year(doing my masters) and was therefore not using my bank account in Nigeria.

At the point where I need to submit POF, if I use my Nig bank account, the average balance for the first 3 months would be about N10,000 because that's all that was left in the account until i returned home.

Upon returning to Nigeria a family member gifted me with a sum(for the purpose of this PR application); he paid it into my account and I also added the funds I converted from Pounds to Naira so from month 4 to 6 the average balance shoots up drastically and the current balance of month 6 even exceeds the amount required for settlement.

I intend to get a gift deed for the sum transferred to me from the family member, but I'm still worried because of the huge difference between the first three months and the last three months.

So far 2 options have crossed my mind:
1. I have a joint account with my brother and that account remained active even when I was abroad.
I can transfer the monetary gift back to the family member who gave me and tell him to pay it into the joint account, get a gift deed for that , and just use that account as POF

Or

2. Use my personal account but write a letter of explanation that I was abroad and that's why the first 3 months were dormant, get a bank statement from my UK account to show that I had money running elsewhere, and then still get a gift deed for the sum gifted to me by the family member.

Which of these options is the best pls? And if anyone has other suggestions kindly share. Thank you & God bless

I will personally go with option 2. I read somewhere where it said if the joint account holder is not your dependent the account is not acceptable as POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yes o. The tip is genuine. I used it to create my profile before I got my TRF.

If you marry before PPR, you will need to inform IRCC immediately. You will then be asked to complete an application form for her, submit updated POF, marriage certificate and medicals. I can't say precisely whether it will lengthen the process or not as there is no standard time for processing of applications.

If you marry before submitting your application, you will have to reject your ITA.

My advice is this: get your ITA, submit your application with enough pof to cover for the 2 of you, marry and add her to your application. This is just my opinion.

esosa4real:

Wow, Boss thanks for your responses, especially the tip on TRF number(I hope this is genuine? it ill be my last resort on Tuesday grin).
BTW I have some concerns and seek your expertise advice!

1. Assuming I get ITA on Wednesday, and process as single but later marry in august, at what part of the process will the application likely be at this time? Will the inclusion of my wife here lengthen the process so much?

Asking this because we are ready to do a court wedding at anytime this year but wanna do it at the safest time as she is yet to do Wes and ielts .
So if we for example take the risk to get legally married next week post-ITA, I don't know if the 3months post-ITA period will be enough to complete her WES and Ielts.

I really hope you get me sha...lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yes, option 2 is what I will go with as well.
ajiifixing:

I will personally go with option 2. I read somewhere where it said if the joint account holder is not your dependent the account is not acceptable as POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
All these people want to come to Canada? Really
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
maternal:

Is there anything wrong with that? smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by angel55: 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello All I stumbled upon the forum today and I will be glad to be part of it. Please I will be grateful for your constructive advice as I embark on this journey. Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by angel55: 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2017
mr justwise how can MODIFY Stop reflecting under my Posts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
congratulations on your result. please i woud like to know the location of the exam. i am coming in from warri and would want to know if i should get to benin on the same day or the day before. how many days inbetween did you do the speaking test? also did you pay extra for courier or the postage of result is inclucive of the 68k.

esosa4real:
GOODNEWS!!!

Mehn, this my vacation to Nigeria na WAKA WELL OH!,
First of all, I went to apply for a US visa in Abuja a few days ago and got it!!!..I am very excited because this is 10years after I last made 3 applications which well all denied.....lol grin nor be small!!

Secondly, today, I got my January 7th IELTS result which I wrote in Benin and was super excited about the score because its exactly the marks required.

Overall Band 7.5

Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 7.0

NOTE: This Is coming after I had previously written the Dec 3rd. IELTS in KSA and had superb results except for writing. Infact I was so devastated because it was my best effort.

Overall Band 8.0
Listening 8.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8.0

Thanks to these great people for their encouragement @vcole @dupsyshoo @ugoiyke73e @iphie25 @JesusDWay and others who gave good advices. I simply asked for a remark (which will come out in March) and rebooked another test.

So now I am good to go with CRS of 469 and rady to dive into the Swimming POOL grin which I know will open this Wednesday.....lol

Questions:
1. Can I make my EE profile without my Ielts TRF number? I am waiting on DHL and don't know if they will send it to Benin before Wednesday (draw date).
2. I am entering the pool as single but hope to marry soon, please when is the best time to do so and update CIC, which timing/method will ensure a fast process without too much delay
3. Abeg any MEDLAB graduate here? I want to be sure if I an use WES for my fiancée's degree evaluation because the Canadian professional body for them will not even accept their result alongside those from Australia and uk because they didn't do a certain rotation (histotechnology)

Thanks once again and for the IELTS hopefuls, prepare well using ieltsliz.com (watch her videos and read her instructions because she gives standard advices), and practise the Cambridge 1 - 11 in a simulated exam environment. best of Luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
angel55:
mr justwise how can MODIFY Stop reflecting under my Posts

Why do you have problem with that function?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by angel55: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
justwise:

Why do you have problem with that function?

It makes my post appear different from every other posts on the trend
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
angel55:

Modify button got nothing to do with that check your system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lagosrd: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
maternal:

Urs we all want to come oooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joejoe3: 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
joejoe3:
Please I would like to know other documents needed to complete my EE profile.
I have ielts total of 7.5 and WES verification done.

Can I modify my profile anytime since I am expecting my spouse to complete her ielts and wes later in the year?
Or should I wait until everything complete?

I really need guidance, these things can really be confusing.
Gurus in the should help me please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
@esosa4real please help me with an answer to my earlier question. thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
dupyshoo:
Yes, option 2 is what I will go with as well.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
ajiifixing:

Okies! Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blank(f): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
angel55:

It only looks different to you. Everyone else won't see it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
maternal:
Very funny!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maternal: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
40manlappy:

Is there anything wrong with that? smiley

no. Is the Canadian government recruiting in naija ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emiye(m): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2017
esosa4real:

Wow, Boss thanks for your responses, especially the tip on TRF number(I hope this is genuine? it ill be my last resort on Tuesday grin).
BTW I have some concerns and seek your expertise advice!

1. Assuming I get ITA on Wednesday, and process as single but later marry in august, at what part of the process will the application likely be at this time? Will the inclusion of my wife here lengthen the process so much?

Asking this because we are ready to do a court wedding at anytime this year but wanna do it at the safest time as she is yet to do Wes and ielts .
So if we for example take the risk to get legally married next week post-ITA, I don't know if the 3months post-ITA period will be enough to complete her WES and Ielts.

I really hope you get me sha...lol
If you intend applying as a Single after ITA, and getting wedded thereafter. There is no point making your wife go through the hassle of sitting for IELTS and evaluating her credentials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:03am On Jan 22, 2017
optionese:
congratulations on your result. please i woud like to know the location of the exam. i am coming in from warri and would want to know if i should get to benin on the same day or the day before. how many days inbetween did you do the speaking test? also did you pay extra for courier or the postage of result is inclucive of the 68k.

Thanks, the Benin location is Protea Hotel, sapele road, close to NNPC Mega filling station. (same road from warri). First they will send you the speaking date, a week to exam so that will help you plan. My speaking was the nextday after writing while some people were fortunate to have all same day. My dear, for the writing, u can come from warri on day of exam that's if you can get a early 5am bus otherwise it's risky. You are expected to be there from 7am and before 9am.

You don't pay extra for courier just 68k total.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
emiye:
If you intend applying as a Single after ITA, and getting wedded thereafter. There is no point making your wife go through the hassle of sitting for IELTS and evaluating her credentials.

Wow, exactly what I am observing now. But Won't institutions/bodies that she might interact with in Canada require them?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2017
joejoe3:
Gurus in the should help me please.

You have the most important things, IELTS and WES. This link should make things less confusing.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp.

About the spouse, I was thinking of doing the same thing but I've decided to wait as my crs score wasn't up to 450 w/o the IELTS and WES. Should gain about 30 points with them.

You can enter the pool, you never know smiley
Use this link to evaluate your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
00DE00:

In unrelated news, the way I drop dupyshoo's name on almost all my posts reminds me of #SaltBae sprinkling salt on beef.

Bros i am also guilty, lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
maternal:

no. Is the Canadian government recruiting in naija ?
Definition of home has been modified. Everybody is fleeing from Buhari's change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello everyone.

@fusion23 gosh! congrats dude!! how did you transmit your passport to the vo? vfs or via dhl? If you sent via dhl with a prepaid return envelope then i think you won't get a pick up mail (i am not entirely sure about this). It's if you sent via vfs that you get a pum (i stand to be corrected).

@specialrq (i hope i didn't misspell this), you can't edit your EE profile anymore once you receive ITA cos it sorta stays locked unless you decline the ITA. what you should do is to fill the correct info in your eAPR and mention it in your loe that the EE profile had a mistake and you made the correction.

@bimpsy, yes you would need to upload your child's passport biodata page and any other page that has stamps and/or visas during the eAPR but you won't need that just for creation of your EE profile.

@esosa4real, congrats! I am not well versed in the change of status from single to married while in the PR process. However, I suggest that it may just be simpler if you do get married soon and then create your EE profile as married. This will drop your crs since she doesn;t have an eca or ielts yet. You can consider getting her eca done asap as well as registering for ielts (maximise all spousal points possible). Evaluating the equivalent of her degree is different from the requirements for licensing as a mls. So, iqas or wes should evaluate her degree as a bachelors equivalent. If her school is one that has issues with evaluation (as per long processing times, issues with the office in charge not "receiving" verification requests from wes, etc), you may consider iqas as the rate limiting process at the school is sending the transcript and attached signed form. If it will be easier and faster to get her transcript, then iqas is your best bet. Cheaper and shorter processing time.
Dupyshoo's suggestion is also quite apt. Get your ITA as single now, make sure your pof is enough for a family size of 2, let her get her eca done and ielts in d mean time and when you are submitting your eAPR, you add her details. Bear in mind that you'll have 90 days to submit your eAPR. As long as your crs does not fall below the draw score with the addition of your spouse, your application should be fine accompanied by a detailed loe.

@maternal, you are a Canadian citizen. Lots of people wanna migrate to Canada same as they wanna migrate to Australia and other countries with well structured migration programmes. Its nothing new and has always been that way. So, I wonder why you are expressing surprise. Were you born Canadian, are your parents Canadian or did you migrate to Canada?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
maternal:

Simply excited that you honoured us with your presence. I have read through a couple of your post and saw where you talked about good paying jobs in the oil sands. As most people here know, it takes a while to get going and for some, it's difficult to continue down the same career path. Thus the benefit of a good paying job while gaining valuable experience. If it's not too much to ask, could you kindly share with your "people" areas where good paying jobs are guaranteed/available with little or no barriers to entry and what certifications might be needed.
We have a lot of people that are skilled in the application process but very few discussions has been on settlement. I honestly believe that your invaluable insight will go a long way in aiding several people with plans/hope of migrating. Thank you

P.S.....If you feel buttered up, I can assure you that it was intentional!.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
vcole:
Hello everyone.

@fusion23 gosh! congrats dude!! how did you transmit your passport to the vo? vfs or via dhl? If you sent via dhl with a prepaid return envelope then i think you won't get a pick up mail (i am not entirely sure about this). It's if you sent via vfs that you get a pum (i stand to be corrected).

@esosa4real, Evaluating the equivalent of her degree is different from the requirements for licensing as a mls. So, iqas or wes should evaluate her degree as a bachelors equivalent. If her school is one that has issues with evaluation (as per long processing times, issues with the office in charge not "receiving" verification requests from wes, etc), you may consider iqas as the rate limiting process at the school is sending the transcript and attached signed form. If it will be easier and faster to get her transcript, then iqas is your best bet. Cheaper and shorter processing time.
Dupyshoo's suggestion is also quite apt.
@maternal, you are a Canadian citizen. Lots of people wanna migrate to Canada same as they wanna migrate to Australia and other countries with well structured migration programmes. Its nothing new and has always been that way. So, I wonder why you are expressing surprise. Were you born Canadian, are your parents Canadian or did you migrate to Canada?

DHL doesn't do prepaid return envelopes. VFS gives you the option of a return but service delay means dhl is the preferred option.
Evaluating with IQAS is a good idea (the only option really), if you're a lawyer as your BSc degree will be evaluated as equivalent to a first professional degree. For others who might plan on settling in places other than Alberta, IQAS isn't really the best option. Matter of fact, in a place like Ontario, ICES or WES are the two bodies utilised for MLS licensing. For others, I believe WES might be better to avoid going through the whole transcript debacle on arrival. However, if funds and convenience is not issue and speed is paramount, then by all means IQAS it!.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
vcole:
Hello everyone.

@esosa4real, congrats! I am not well versed in the change of status from single to married while in the PR process. However, I suggest that it may just be simpler if you do get married soon and then create your EE profile as married. This will drop your crs since she doesn;t have an eca or ielts yet. You can consider getting her eca done asap as well as registering for ielts (maximise all spousal points possible). Evaluating the equivalent of her degree is different from the requirements for licensing as a mls. So, iqas or wes should evaluate her degree as a bachelors equivalent. If her school is one that has issues with evaluation (as per long processing times, issues with the office in charge not "receiving" verification requests from wes, etc), you may consider iqas as the rate limiting process at the school is sending the transcript and attached signed form. If it will be easier and faster to get her transcript, then iqas is your best bet. Cheaper and shorter processing time.
Dupyshoo's suggestion is also quite apt. Get your ITA as single now, make sure your pof is enough for a family size of 2, let her get her eca done and ielts in d mean time and when you are submitting your eAPR, you add her details. Bear in mind that you'll have 90 days to submit your eAPR. As long as your crs does not fall below the draw score with the addition of your spouse, your application should be fine accompanied by a detailed loe.

Thanks so much for this detailed explanation. Yeah I even have the chance of including her ielts and evaluated degree before submitting eAPR but I am not sure if I will be able to get the degree evaluated as complete within the prior 3months grace period. If not my other chance is to get married in my next vacation in August and include the details, hoping that should come before PPR.

BTW I don't know if IQAS is allowed for Med lab? I will check their site anyways. If it does, I will give it a shot and do a court wedding next week before travelling back to KSA.
Tanks once again

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
00DE00:

DHL doesn't do prepaid return envelopes. VFS gives you the option of a return but service delay means dhl is the preferred option.
Evaluating with IQAS is a good idea (the only option really), if you're a lawyer as your BSc degree will be evaluated as equivalent to a first professional degree. For others who might plan on settling in places other than Alberta, IQAS isn't really the best option. Matter of fact, in a place like Ontario, ICES or WES are the two bodies utilised for MLS licensing. For others, I believe WES might be better to avoid going through the whole transcript debacle on arrival. However, if funds and convenience is not issue and speed is paramount, then by all means IQAS it!.

For the purpose of ITA/eAPR ASAP, I am thinking of looking at IQAS for MLS, do they evaluate it at all? BTW what's the average time for Iqas that you have noticed for evaluation of degrees? I am afraid of WES delaying beyond 3months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
esosa4real:

For the purpose of ITA/eAPR ASAP, I am thinking of looking at IQAS for MLS, do they evaluate it at all? BTW what's the average time for Iqas that you have noticed for evaluation of degrees? I am afraid of WES delaying beyond 3months.

1. IQAS evaluates all degrees 2. 10 business days according to their site. 3. Don't think WES will use three months if all the required documents are sent and in the event of confirmation, the school responds promptly. Please note that CSMLS only accepts evaluation from ICES or WES. see page 17 of the "MLT PLA handbook" http://www.csmls.org/Certification/Prior-Learning-Assessment/Preparing-for-PLA.aspx . However, like vcole mentioned, licensing requirement and evaluation for EE are two different things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
vcole:
Hello everyone.

@specialrq (i hope i didn't misspell this), you can't edit your EE profile anymore once you receive ITA cos it sorta stays locked unless you decline the ITA. what you should do is to fill the correct info in your eAPR and mention it in your loe that the EE profile had a mistake and you made the correction.

@bimpsy, yes you would need to upload your child's passport biodata page and any other page that has stamps and/or visas during the eAPR but you won't need that just for creation of your EE profile.

I used DHL with no pre return envelope ..so thats why am expecting a pick up mail from the embassy ..normally i heard the pick up mail comes hours after it has been approved ..but guess cos it was a friday ..plus i just got the ghost email on Saturday on my cic.gc

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.