Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597543 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
ugoiyke79e:
hello house. BIG CONGRATS to all who got ITAs in d last 2 draws...[url][/url]
please i need so much advice.
I received an ineligible status on ma ee profile after i tried changing my ielts score.
since then its been hell trying to locate d problem and correct it but i find i cant even type on d form....
I then decided to create another profile yet i was unable to delete d first. ....cant find d withdraw profile button.
Now i went ahead and created another application which was still listed under my EE profile but then i wasnt sent a job seeker validation code to enable me create a second job bank.......
In short i am now very frustrated....
CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT I SHLD DO PLSSS HELP GUIDE ME

My dear see me thinking that you were already in the pool ooh, I was even planning to mail you.

Sorry about the issues, I don't know if its the technical glitches that's responcible but I can say that about that Job seeker validation code, I experienced same a day b4 the draw, I tried severally and no code was sent, infact its the reason why I didn't get ITA.

But I tried on the evening of yesterday again and it went through as I received the code, activated it and now in the pool.
I will advice that you try just the job seeker registration again, you will get it this time.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
x
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:00am On Jan 27, 2017
sonnie10:

There is no amount of radiation that is without risk. In medical xray, one must choose between risk and benefits. In fact in more technical terms, it is said that under stochastic risk, no threshold is required for damage to occur. Radiation safety in pregnancy is not certain, sometimes even with the lead apron, as they could be scatter beams which could come from secondary sources like the imaging plates and the patient.

For developing foetus, the effective biological efficiency is high and posses higher risk of DNA damage. The standard practice for imaging women of child bearing is to let them make informed decisions about the procedure.

Kindly read my post again and note in paragraph one the phrase "informed decision"

On a normal day I would ignore your post but alas today is not a normal day. It is of no use to refrain from responding to someone who asks a question and yet swiftly jump to quote a post by another person who bothered to respond.

Safe is a relative term. Humans are exposed to radiation daily eg from the sun. Is it considered hArmful every single day? No. Is it a possibility however remote that it could be harmful? Yes. Does this mean humans should no longer be exposed to the sun? No.

Every womAn over 40 is recommended to have a mammogram done annually for breast cancer screening. Is that frequency considered not harmful? Yes.

This is my personal opinion as I stated earlier and not the holy grail.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:03am On Jan 27, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Me dey wait for the hint before I submit ooo. Who no want get PPR 5 weeks post AOR? grin

Did you see the last email I sent to you?

I haven't received it. You could try sending again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sonnie10: 3:04am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole:

Kindly read my post again and note in paragraph one the phrase "informed decision"

On a normal day I would ignore your post but alas today is not a normal day. It is of no use to refrain from responding to someone who asks a question and yet swiftly jump to quote a post by another person who bothered to respond.

Safe is a relative term. Humans are exposed to radiation daily eg from the sun. Is it considered hArmful every single day? No. Is it a possibility however remote that it could be harmful? Yes. Does this mean humans should no longer be exposed to the sun? No.

Every womAn over 40 is recommended to have a mammogram done annually for breast cancer screening. Is that frequency considered not harmful? Yes.

This is my personal opinion as I stated earlier and not the holy grail.

Very important! When it comes to medical radiation, the word SAFE does not exist. It is risk versus benefit. The practitioner can only deliver dose that are as low as reasonably achievable.

I speak from the position of authority and not personal opinion. As one of those whom the society has entrusted among other things with the responsibility of educating the people on medical radiation, I just had to clarify some concerns in your earlier post. This is not personal but a mandate. It is the moral thing to do.

Just like the former post, this response also needs to be corrected. First, regarding the analogy with Sun, need I remind you that there is distinction between non ionizing and ionizing radiation. For most part, the visible light from sun that reaches us is the first, while xray is the later. Even the lower UV spectrum energy is nothing like high energy waves. Comparing the sun we receive to xray in this instance is irrelevant.

Secondly, current standard of care regarding mammogram does not encourage yearly exams for women who are not predisposed. The reason is based on evidence centered on RISK VS BENEFIT principle.

Again, don't take this personal as I am obligated to respond

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by llade(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2017
Pls is dia age restriction in the candian immigration programme cos I will be 36 in November 2018 and want to apply around August next year three months to my 36th bday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:29am On Jan 27, 2017
I'm not sure of the type of qualifications gotten in the Navy, but you might be able to make enquiries with Wes.org to see if it can be evaluated. Otherwise, just stick to the 20 points extra from ielts. That's what I did. I was. I'm not the PA. I only added 20 points to my our total score which helped immensely in getting ITA.

Another advice as people have been giving lately is to apply as single and then get married after submitting your application post ITA.

Hope this helps. All the best!

Amakyzuu:
ok noted and thanks so much... were you the dependent or the PA? How can i calculate the possible score adding him as my husband? Do you think he needs to do any evaluations for the certifications he has had in the navy over the years? he will write IELTS too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2017
sonnie10:

Very important! When it comes to medical radiation, the word SAFE does not exist. It is risk versus benefit. The practitioner can only deliver dose that are as low as reasonably achievable.

I speak from the position of authority and not personal opinion. As one of those whom the society has entrusted among other things with the responsibility of educating the people on medical radiation, I just had to clarify some concerns in your earlier post. This is not personal but a mandate. It is the moral thing to do.

Just like the former post, this response also needs to be corrected. First, regarding the analogy with Sun, need I remind you that there is distinction between non ionizing and ionizing radiation. For most part, the visible light from sun that reaches us is the first, while xray is the later. Even the lower UV spectrum energy is nothing like high energy waves. Comparing the sun we receive to xray in this instance is irrelevant.

Secondly, current standard of care regarding mammogram does not encourage yearly exams for women who are not predisposed. The reason is based on evidence centered on RISK VS BENEFIT principle.

Again, don't take this personal as I am obligated to respond

You are not obligated to respond to me. You are obligated if you so wish to respond to the original poster who has genuine concerns about what decision she should make and asked for advice.

Every woman with a breast is at risk of breast cancer. So annual mammograms after 40 is the current recommendation. No studies have shown that annual mammograms have led to any harm. Any form of radiation is always "not advised" However, if a pregnant woman was involved in a road traffic accident, she would have radiological imaging done on her with a lead apron. If she suffered a stroke, she would get a CT done on her with a lead apron. At that point, treatment supersedes a safe vs harmful debate.

In this case, the pregnant woman is not in need of treatment so her decision is entirely based on her and her alone after she has studied and come to a conclusion that is comfortable for her.

I don't need a lecture on the effects of radiation from you. If my theoretical and practical knowledge is insufficient, I simply ask google and read some more. This is the same advise I gave to the original poster before giving my personal and not my professional opinion.
You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

If this were an intellectual discuss I would understand your point but at the moment you're just throwing stones where there are glass houses. Pointless.

Give your recommendation to the original poster in terms that she would understand and then you would be making a purposeful comment. If not, this back and forth is entirely of no use to either you or myself.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 8:49am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole:

I haven't received it. You could try sending again.

Sent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2017
Fusion23:

Ok everyone lets do this first of all am not immigration officer so i cant say except for luck..and may be everything went fast.

I contacted my work reference people and they said no verification sef.. thats the two reference i used.

SO NOW FOR THE HINTS.

1 Be favored by God ..i cant even rule that out I prayed for this.

2. Let ur documents meet specification

3. Pay all the money once the right of fee and bla bla ..its easy for me to say cos my broda in canada paid for me.

4 Use letter of explanation when not sure..i used nysc reference no pay slip ..i put a letter of explaination.

summary please please follow instructions

lets look at the instructions for proof of employment i have put the picture..now if u read and read well , then u still ask must the letter be on a letter headed paper? Well i dont know
in summary never give them one reason to doubt your application.if not na verification again..from whatg i noticed every application withing one month is on background check..or most ...and in three days medicals shud be passed already...

SO other factors have

good travel history

have a relative in canada you dont get any point for this...but it makes ur application fly

now look at the instruction for proof of employment again

then have added jara..with all the documents i sumbitted..
hope i didnt give out much perosnal info

cheers

What exact documents did you submit for work experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yungmin: 9:18am On Jan 27, 2017
dupyshoo:
Nothing stopping you from creating a profile. If you receive ITA and you are not ready, you can always decline it na.

Oh really? There is an option like that? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2017
Hey Fusion23... Congrats again!

Quick question pls. Do you know if your relative in Canada was contacted during background checks?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2017
Yea... You can decline if you feel you are not ready. Doing this will take you back into the pool until another draw that qualifies you for ITA.

yungmin:

Oh really? There is an option like that? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2017
Fusion23, make you sha tell us if your work reference get secret code na.
I think he is one of the lucky ones to get a visa officer process his app really really fast though. So many other applicants submit appropriate work references. Personally, i submitted three work references all written to provide the details ircc requested as my previous (and current) employers were very much willing to do so. I am also a compulsive records keeper, so I have all my payslips from previous jobs, etc etc.
Travel history too sef plenty for me and my spouse and child.
This is also the case for a lot of other applicants. So, like someone said on the cv forum, 6 months is the average processing time and anything earlier or longer is the exception and not the norm.

All this one na to console myself oh. The waiting game ain't easy. I wish say my own copr too don land make i join fusion23 for the exception club jare. Lol! grin
SlowlybtSurely:

What exact documents did you submit for work experience?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:33am On Jan 27, 2017
I was just waiting for you to ask oh since i read the post knowing you had concerns about this. How's eAPR going?
boldinc:
Hey Fusion23... Congrats again!

Quick question pls. Do you know if your relative in Canada was contacted during background checks?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:49am On Jan 27, 2017
Lol. You are right!! Some people with straightforward cases get their PPR after a year while some people with complex cases get their PPR early. The average processing time is 5-6 months.

In my own situation, my file was transferred to Ottawa on October 15th 2015 and nothing was done on it until early March 2016. During the 4 and half months interval, Ottawa VOs were processing refugees so everyone that submitted around that time did not get PPR. However, I got PPR within a month after they started reviewing my file again despite the fact that I got document request in between. Technically, it does not take them more than a month to process application. Delays are experienced due to the number of applications.

The important thing is for us to do our own part very well so that the application will not be rejected

vcole:
I think he is one of the lucky ones to get a visa officer process his app really really fast though. So many other applicants submit appropriate work references. Personally, i submitted three work references all written to provide the details ircc requested as my previous (and current) employers were very much willing to do so. I am also a compulsive records keeper, so I have all my payslips from previous jobs, etc etc.
This is also the case for a lot of other applicants. So, like someone said on the cv forum, 6 months is the average processing time and anything earlier or longer is the exception and not the norm.

All this one na to console myself oh. The waiting game ain't easy. I wish say my own copr too don land make i join fusion23 for the exception club jare. Lol! grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole:

I think so too. Cos he really didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

And i was waiting for some voodoo hints. angry grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole what documents did you submit for Job reference? I'm thinking of submitting reference letter, employment letter and pay slips (for current job) or bank statement with the exact transactions highlighted (for previous job). Will that be toomuch?

Again, just to be sure, i'm not claiming points for hubby's work experience, so i selected 'NO' under his work experience but put all of it under personal activity. Hope that won't be seen as misinterpretation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:01am On Jan 27, 2017
lol @ voodoo hints!!!
SlowlybtSurely:

I think so too. Cos he really didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

And i was waiting for some voodoo hints. angry grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2017
I submitted reference letter, employment/confirmation letter,pay slips for each job. However, to be honest i think that was an overkill but i had the documents available so i just put everything. A work reference letter that meets ircc requirement is sufficient proof of employment.
SlowlybtSurely:
vcole what documents did you submit for Job reference? I'm thinking of submitting reference letter, employment letter and pay slips (for current job) or bank statement with the exact transactions highlighted (for previous job). Will that be toomuch?

Again, just to be sure, i'm not claiming points for hubby's work experience, so i selected 'NO' under his work experience but put all of it under personal activity. Hope that won't be seen as misinterpretation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:44am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole:
I submitted reference letter, employment/confirmation letter,pay slips for each job. However, to be honest i think that was an overkill but i had the documents available so i just put everything. A work reference letter that meets ircc requirement is sufficient proof of employment.

I'm beginning to think so too. Will go with ref letter and employment letter.

Some one thinks my maternity leave period will be deducted from my work experience and that would mean i will fall short of the 3 years bench mark. I went on mat leave twice (3 months each) within the 3 years 4 months WE period. Wondering if i should include my housejob experience to make up for it.

What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2017
If your housejob employer would provide you with a reference, then you can add it. I am not sure but I don't think your maternity leave would be deducted from your work experience. It's just like saying your annual leave would be deducted from your work experience.
SlowlybtSurely:

I'm beginning to think so too. Will go with ref letter and employment letter.

Some one thinks my maternity leave period will be deducted from my work experience and that would mean i will fall short of the 3 years bench mark. I went on mat leave twice (3 months each) within the 3 years 4 months WE period. Wondering if i should include my housejob experience to make up for it.

What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole:
If your housejob employer would provide you with a reference, then you can add it. I am not sure but I don't think your maternity leave would be deducted from your work experience. It's just like saying your annual leave would be deducted from your work experience.

I have the reference letter from my housejob employer, but the employment letter clearly states "internee". I don't know if paid internship counts for outland applicants. Or should i just submit only reference letter for this particular experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 11:21am On Jan 27, 2017
Hello guys,

Is it compulsory to add your former supervisor's complimentary card to your reference letter?
My former employer has refused to give me a complimentary card, saying because the letter is addressed 'To whom it may concern' that they can get company contact details from the company letterhead.

I honestly don't understand why it's such a big deal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2017
If you have payslips and any additional proof of employment just add it. I think it is the job responsibilities that matter more than the job title.
SlowlybtSurely:

I have the reference letter from my housejob employer, but the employment letter clearly states "internee". I don't know if paid internship counts for outland applicants. Or should i just submit only reference letter for this particular experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2017
socialmisfit:
Hello guys,

Is it compulsory to add your former supervisor's complimentary card to your reference letter?
My former employer has refused to give me a complimentary card, saying because the letter is addressed 'To whom it may concern' that they can get company contact details from the company letterhead.

I honestly don't understand why it's such a big deal

Nope. Didn't get for any of my ref letters.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:37am On Jan 27, 2017
vcole:
If you have payslips and any additional proof of employment just add it. I think it is the job responsibilities that matter more than the job title.

No pay slips. Just lump sums paid into my account quarterly within the one year period. You know federal government and their wahala.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2017
@vcole good morning and all other gurus . please i need some clarifications (lots of questions coming up)
1.on the issues of fees,i am a family of 3 :1 adult and 2 children) how much is the processing fees. i asked because i checked the website and it says 490 but i noticed someone here said 1050. am i missing another fee.

2. my pof of fund is coming up from two places my father and my cooperative. for my father i know i need a deed of gift , however my cooperative would only a LOE suffice cos the money is mine and i just save it through the cooperative to create interest .

3.do these two source of fund need to be in my account(6 months) before i apply for the ITA

4 with the source of my money explained do i still need to submit 6 months bank slips or start from the dates the money was transferred

5.in the alternative reality i was also thinking of placing the money in a fix deposit or Tbills is there anyone who has successfully used any of this methods

6.after getting the ITA how many months before submission 2 or 3 months

@dupyshoo @boldinc your contributions to these questions will be highly appreciated
thank you everyone

vcole:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jalzy29: 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
Goodmorning amazing family, i have been an ardent silent follower of this thread since it began.

However, the good news is i just received ITA, though i had already hired an attorney in Canada, before i discovered this thread and found out the application can be done by self here and a lot have been successful. May i request for guide in submitting my documents to CIC by myself as the attorney is requesting for more payment which am not ready to.

would like to interact with people who just got ITA and compiling documents to submit as well.

kindly assist all you successful candidates who are already in canada on what step to take as i will be withdrawing the services of my attorney.

will be reading for responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
1. 490 is Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), while 550 is the application fee. RPRF is refundable if application is refused as it is the cost for COPR and PR card.

2. You need proofs to show that the cooperative money is yours. If you can provide the terms and agreement of the cooperative and proofs that the money was taken from you account in the first place, you should be alright.

3. Nope. However, if the funds are in your account for 6 months, there won't be need to show any proofs or write LOE.

4. Actually, 6 months bank statements is not what IRCC requires, it is a letter from your bank that gives the following info: account opening date, type of account, current balance and average balance for the past 6 months. People get bank statements as a work-around when their banks refuse to give them a letter in the required format. To answer your question, if you are submitting bank statements, yes, you will still have to submit 6 months bank statements.

5. I think FD and Tbills are acceptable. This does not mean you won't still provide your bank statements sha.

6. 90 days
optionese:
@vcole good morning and all other gurus . please i need some clarifications (lots of questions coming up)
1.on the issues of fees,i am a family of 3 :1 adult and 2 children) how much is the processing fees. i asked because i checked the website and it says 490 but i noticed someone here said 1050. am i missing another fee.

2. my pof of fund is coming up from two places my father and my cooperative. for my father i know i need a deed of gift , however my cooperative would only a LOE suffice cos the money is mine and i just save it through the cooperative to create interest .

3.do these two source of fund need to be in my account(6 months) before i apply for the ITA

4 with the source of my money explained do i still need to submit 6 months bank slips or start from the dates the money was transferred

5.in the alternative reality i was also thinking of placing the money in a fix deposit or Tbills is there anyone who has successfully used any of this methods

6.after getting the ITA how many months before submission 2 or 3 months

@dupyshoo @boldinc your contributions to these questions will be highly appreciated
thank you everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
Congrats on your ITA!!!

A lot of people have gone through the process themselves on this thread. There are about 10 or more people that are in the same stage as you are. So, getting support from people on the thread should not be a problem. The problem I can foresee is this: your attorney might not be willing to give you the login details of your profile, if you don't have access to it already.

Jalzy29:
Goodmorning amazing family, i have been an ardent silent follower of this thread since it began.

However, the good news is i just received ITA, though i had already hired an attorney in Canada, before i discovered this thread and found out the application can be done by self here and a lot have been successful. May i request for guide in submitting my documents to CIC by myself as the attorney is requesting for more payment which am not ready to.

would like to interact with people who just got ITA and compiling documents to submit as well.
kindly assist all you successful candidates who are already in canada on what step to take as i will be withdrawing the services of my attorney.

will be reading for responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
BlessedFellow01:

Application is $550 while rprf is $490. Total is $1040

Pls CAD or USD

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.