Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597984 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
Numerouuuno:

I just read that you can, although the applications will be treated differently ,therefore you must submit all the documents necessary for each application separately.

Thank you. Can I get the link to that info?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
This is a bit contradictory, cos I still spoke to them last week and they were willing to give me an appointment, but I opted for Qlife... Which I haven't gone for still tho.

temitope06:

i called Children's practice and consultants now and they said upfront medicals has been stopped since December last year. they said the process now is that you submit your application without medicals, then cic will send medical forms to you later and then you can take that with you to the hospital. Pls anyone else can confirm this, hope i didn't misinterpret what i heard.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
boldinc:
This is a bit contradictory, cos I still spoke to them last week and they were willing to give me an appointment, but I opted for Qlife... Which I haven't gone for still tho.

That's why i want others to confirm as well. But this is the info i was given.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
I still haven't found anywhere on the CIC website stating that medicals won't be needed upfront from tomorrow. Info on there is only for spouse or family sponsorship...

vcole:
This is under the sponsorship program for spouses, partners and dependants. There is so much info updated on the cic site that it could get confusing a lot of times. We have to carefully cross check the category of persons and class of program the new rules apply to. Click on upfront medical exam here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
When I went for my medicals at the same panel physician you made your enquiry, the front desk official had advised me to fill family under my visa class on the medicals form even after explaining explicitly that it was economic class. If i had agreed, that would have put me under family class sponsorship and maybe long things for medicals. So, you should make enquiries at other panel physicians. The link I posted above, clearly states spousal apps
temitope06:

EE is Non EDE i guess , so yes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Flets: 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
temitope06:

i called Children's practice and consultants now and they said upfront medicals has been stopped since December last year. they said the process now is that you submit your application without medicals, then cic will send medical forms to you later and then you can take that with you to the hospital. Pls anyone else can confirm this, hope i didn't misinterpret what i heard.

You might need to verify with Children Practice and Consultants again. They do not conduct upfront medicals for all PR applications except for Express Entry. And you are expected to show up with your ITA letter to prove you are qualified for upfront medicals.

When next you call, explicitly mention that you are on EE application and not the other immigration processes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
Flets:

You might need to verify with Children Practice and Consultants again. They do not conduct upfront medicals for all PR applications except for Express Entry. And you are expected to show up with your ITA letter to prove you are qualified for upfront medicals.

When next you call, explicitly mention that you are on EE application and not the other immigration processes.

OK, Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
It does not really matter cos our medicals (family of 3) were all Family EDE and we did not have any issues with it. The most important thing is the tests that are carried out.

vcole:
When I went for my medicals at the same panel physician you made your enquiry, the front desk official had advised me to fill family under my visa class on the medicals form even after explaining explicitly that it was economic class. If i had agreed, that would have put me under family class sponsorship and maybe long things for medicals. So, you should make enquiries at other panel physicians. The link I posted above, clearly states spousal apps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.6

Thinking if it applied to us"EE applicants wt ITA " they should have contacted us via email or via our CIC accounts. Still a bit confused though..
Seems its for spousal or dependant sponsorship only but saw it under EE as well.
Hoping it doesnt apply to us o, because that wld mean longer processing times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Yes. Packaging my application now.

You cannot get USD from travelex before the day of your trip because you will have to go with your boarding pass and you only get your money at the boarding gate just before you board.

Infact, i didnt get my money till we were already boarding. I had to meet their staff halfway to collect the money and ran back to board. Almost missed my flight.

Also make sure you have your BVN card ready. They won't sell to you without it.

Was at Access today fiiled the pta form and they ewere like 50 percent bla bla bla ..and its a card they give to be so just hoping ..they said few days before my departure....so travelex gives u cash abi? also how do u pay a large sum to travellex ..cash or pos ? cos savings can withdraw more than 1m a day
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolurigs: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2017
Evening house,
Pls i'm abit confused abt language test validity.my spouse test date is on d 7th of feb and the trf date is 24th of feb.read it that my profile will b valid until 23rd of feb but must provide a new test result should i receive ita befor 23rd but submit the new one after 23rd for my online application.is dis correct?which of the date is used for validity.pls kindly help as he is writing another by 16th feb.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Please can you spell out the processes and requirements for getting PTA from Travelex at the Lagos airport.

Thanks

SlowlybtSurely:

You can either get PTA from banks or Travelex. It's a long thing, so brace up. Only few banks give and with special conditions. I was able to get 2k from Stanbic some months back with plenty wahala and another 2k from travelex.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
Just a little hint dont knwo if this will help , after i got my passport request just after one month i was scared because it was to early .
After I sent my passport a week later i ordered the GGMS notes : Luckily I already got my visa,
The GGMS notes are out about 189 pdf pages with so many repitions:

The process moved fast from accra office to London office

so may be luckily schooling in London helped, cos it was london that gave the final approval

without giving so much away just an hint

summary make sure ur story makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt even get points for having a relative.
Also even with the express entry rate of 1200
the still convert to the fsw which is over 100

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2017
Interesting... What docs did you provide for your relative in Cananda? As the VO says it wasn't sufficient as proof.

Congrats again!

Fusion23:
Just a little hint dont knwo if this will help , after i got my passport request just after one month i was scared because it was to early .
After I sent my passport a week later i ordered the GGMS notes : Luckily I already got my visa,

so may be luckily schooling in London helped, cos it was london that gave the final approval

summary make sure ur story makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 31, 2017
Hi members just want to know the current estimate time between file submission and RPRF
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 8:08am On Jan 31, 2017
boldinc:
Interesting... What docs did you provide for your relative in Cananda? As the VO says it wasn't sufficient as proof.

Congrats again!

both our birth certificate merged together

den the front and back of his pr card

anyways actually no points for family relatives..it just helps sometimes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 8:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Having a relative in canada fetches points under the FSW program that most people qualify for within express entry. it gives u 5 points out of a total of 100.

However, no point is allocated for it, in the calculation of the 1200 express entry points.

Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 8:52am On Jan 31, 2017
Hello house, please those that got PR through express entry, were you asked for work account statements or payslips? or was it just reference letters that is required.

secondly, what happens to those that were paid by cash?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:56am On Jan 31, 2017
Reference letters alone would suffice, but if you can get payslips, you can attach those as well.

blaizetony:
Hello house, please those that got PR through express entry, were you asked for work account statements or payslips? or was it just reference letters that is required.

secondly, what happens to those that were paid by cash?.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:58am On Jan 31, 2017
Ok. thanks. I'm planning to use passport data page.

But like you said, no points really, but I think that help make the VO believe settling would be quicker for the applicant.

Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 9:01am On Jan 31, 2017
boldinc:
Reference letters alone would suffice, but if you can get payslips, you can attach those as well.

Thanks bro, i like to contact u directly. seems we are both in the application submission process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Hi. I don't think it's because you schooled there. I read somewhere last week that due to the backlog with accra vo, they had re-distributed apps to the London vo to assist. So, yours seems to have been one of the lucky ones.
Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2017
Hmmm, from your GCMS note, it confirms that they check online sources to verify employment records. I have even heard of someone that was denied cos his/her LinkedIn profile contradicted what the person indicated in his application.

Please, let everyone ensure all information you put online match what you put in your application, especially with regard to employment. Employment and POF seem to be the major reasons for refusals.

Fusion23:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:24am On Jan 31, 2017
You are meant to include utility bills to confirm that the person is actually resident in Canada.

I think the fact that you were not rejected cos you did not submit enough documentation shows that proof of relatives in Canada is only necessary if it helps to pass eligibility test
Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2017
Passport data page will not serve the purpose of birth certificate. The essence of birth certificate is to confirm that you have the same birth parents. For instance, if you are claiming a sibling in Canada, your birth certificate and that of the sibling will be required. However, if you are claiming an Uncle in Canada, you will have to submit your birth certificate, your uncle's birth certificate and either your mum's or dad's birth certificate, depending on which of them is the Uncle sibling. They will want to see that that the person named as father or mother in your birth certificate is related to your Uncle.

I hope you understand my explanation sha.

boldinc:
Ok. thanks. I'm planning to use passport data page.

But like you said, no points really, but I think that help make the VO believe settling would be quicker for the applicant.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2017
You are right dear.
He is indeed lucky that it was even processed very fast cos London VO can be very slow too. They are however a lot better than Accra VO that has refused to issue PPR for a while now.

vcole:
Hi. I don't think it's because you schooled there. I read somewhere last week that due to the backlog with accra vo, they had re-distributed apps to the London vo to assist. So, yours seems to have been one of the lucky ones.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Numerouuuno: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2017
Osemigho:

Thank you. Can I get the link to that info?

http://www.pacificimmigration.ca/en/news/dual-intent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:41am On Jan 31, 2017
I totally understand you... What I meant was that I would be uploading data page of Canadian passport instead of PR card that Fusion uploaded.

I would also be adding utility bills and birth certificate.

Quick question tho... Linked in profile shows all past working experiences, but we claiming only one in eAPR cos of stress of getting reference letters tho all the info are in personal history... Could this pose a problem? @Fusion23... Did you claim experience from all the places you worked?

dupyshoo:
Passport data page will not serve the purpose of birth certificate. The essence of birth certificate is to confirm that you have the same birth parents. For instance, if you are claiming a sibling in Canada, your birth certificate and that of the sibling will be required. However, if you are claiming an Uncle in Canada, you will have to submit your birth certificate, your uncle's birth certificate and either your mum's or dad's birth certificate, depending on which of them is the Uncle sibling. They will want to see that that the person named as father or mother in your birth certificate is related to your Uncle.

I hope you understand my explanation sha.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:51am On Jan 31, 2017
Mine showed all past work experiences that I did not claim point for. I was not penalised for not putting them under work experience. I however put them under personal history.

boldinc:
I totally understand you... What I meant was that I would be uploading data page of Canadian passport instead of PR card that Fusion uploaded.

I would also be adding utility bills and birth certificate.

Quick question tho... Linked in profile shows all past working experiences, but we claiming only one in eAPR cos of stress of getting reference letters tho all the info are in personal history... Could this pose a problem? @Fusion23... Did you claim experience from all the places you worked?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2017
Awesome. Thanks!

dupyshoo:
Mine showed all past work experiences that I did not claim point for. I was not penalised for not putting them under work experience. I however put them under personal history.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2017
Fusion23:

I used NYSC please please dont add nysc certificate and make life difficult follow the instructions if u have ITA..Instructions letter head the job duties shud match , if possible Complimentary card bla bla

Did you add any nysc/ppa proof of payment??

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.