Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598204 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 11:28am On Feb 02, 2017
Good day to all gurus in the house. I planned creating a profile in the Express entry . so I decided to use the CRS calculator to get my likely score but its just too low. Age and not having a masters degree made it drop drastically so I taught of the provincial nominee but myself and my spouse belongs to a profession that requires a license to practice which most Canadian province requires of us. We taught of starting the whole process of licensing but would still have to be present in Canada to write the exam.
My question is this:
We checked through Manitoba provincial nominee programme and saw we could qualify for oversea skilled worker category if nominated by a friend or close relative.
Has anybody applied through this route? How long does it take on the average? Read somewhere on their site that we can't apply for EE until we get nominated. Any better explanation on why?
Is there any nairaland member in Manitoba or who got nominated by Manitoba? Please quote me or send a PM, I have loads of questions begging for answers.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 11:33am On Feb 02, 2017
Can we please have a thread for landing experience. Like what to expect at the airport, immigration rules to follow, how to carry cash along, housing and all settlement plans. Those who got the PR and just landing could always come in and share their experience for prospective members to learn from.
Why am I saying this? A friend would be moving to Canada with her family next month. She has load of questions begging for answers. Going with a virgin passport, no relative in Canada, its all her first time leaving the country. I believe a thread like that would help to know what to expect while landing and the whole settlement process.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pressplay411(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2017
good morning all. I was referred here to learn about the permanent residency and I'm impressed at the level of information.

while I'm reading through from begining, I'll like to ask a question

I'm a degree holder with ICAN and CISA while my fiancee has ACCA and Oracle certified, I'd like to know if any of these qualify us to tick masters/professional certifacation

please advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
StS already sent you a useful link, but I believe people in that category that began with info from this thread should share their experiences with us, as we that got PTA were advised to do, instead of creating a different thread.

All info can be shared here and everyone can benefit from it. It would be nice for you to share the timeline from start till PPR of your friend as well... it could help someone.

Thetherapist:
Can we please have a thread for landing experience. Like what to expect at the airport, immigration rules to follow, how to carry cash along, housing and all settlement plans. Those who got the PR and just landing could always come in and share their experience for prospective members to learn from.
Why am I saying this? A friend would be moving to Canada with her family next month. She has load of questions begging for answers. Going with a virgin passport, no relative in Canada, its all her first time leaving the country. I believe a thread like that would help to know what to expect while landing and the whole settlement process.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
Your fiancee would be in a better position to earn more points cos of her ACCA which is usually evaluated as a separate degree... With that, you can select the '2 or more degrees' option.

But then, are you applying as a couple? You said fiancee...

pressplay411:
good morning all. I was referred here to learn about the permanent residency and I'm impressed at the level of information.

while I'm reading through from begining, I'll like to ask a question

I'm a degree holder with ICAN and CISA while my fiancee has ACCA and Oracle certified, I'd like to know if any of these qualify us to tick masters/professional certifacation

please advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hi... Have you tried using your spouse as the principal applicant? If not, I think you should.

You can get into the pool at anytime, regardless of your score as long as you meet the requirements.

Manitoba is a good option and they do not require you write the professional exam before applying. Also, you need to have an EE profile before you can apply. Having a close relative in that province would help a great deal.

I would advice you get into the pool and try the provinces accepting aplications... It usually takes a while based on experiences onhere, but usually worth the wait.

Hope this helps... All the best!

Thetherapist:
Good day to all gurus in the house. I planned creating a profile in the Express entry . so I decided to use the CRS calculator to get my likely score but its just too low. Age and not having a masters degree made it drop drastically so I taught of the provincial nominee but myself and my spouse belongs to a profession that requires a license to practice which most Canadian province requires of us. We taught of starting the whole process of licensing but would still have to be present in Canada to write the exam.
My question is this:
We checked through Manitoba provincial nominee programme and saw we could qualify for oversea skilled worker category if nominated by a friend or close relative.
Has anybody applied through this route? How long does it take on the average? Read somewhere on their site that we can't apply for EE until we get nominated. Any better explanation on why?
Is there any nairaland member in Manitoba or who got nominated by Manitoba? Please quote me or send a PM, I have loads of questions begging for answers.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
boldinc:
StS already sent you a useful link, but I believe people in that category that began with info from this thread should share their experiences with us, as we that got PTA were advised to do, instead of creating a different thread.

All info can be shared here and everyone can benefit from it. It would be nice for you to share the timeline from start till PPR of your friend as well... it could help someone.

Thanks. Would ask of her timeline and post here.
Do you have any idea as to my previous question on MPNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pressplay411(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
boldinc:
Your fiancee would be in a better position to earn more points cos of her ACCA which is usually evaluated as a separate degree... With that, you can select the '2 or more degrees' option.

But then, are you applying as a couple? You said fiancee...

we planned getting married in December but might apply as common law if we will eventually apply before marriage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
checkpoint:
Hello everyone, my mum started application for Permanent Resisdence for me and my brother since 2015. Last year around August we were called for DNA test and since then we've not heard anything from them what could be wrong? Isn't it taking too long. Is there a mail or an address one could call To know what is going on.

Hi, the delay is not peculiar to you as there are people who applied via FSW since 2014 and they are still waiting for feedback after receiving PER. Patience is the name of the game but you can send a CSE - Case Specific Enquiry and hope you get a response. Use this link, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
I already responded to that in my previous post...

Thetherapist:

Thanks. Would ask of her timeline and post here.
Do you have any idea as to my previous question on MPNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
MPNP takes about 10-12 months to get nomination. After which, you will have to submit paper application to IRCC. This stage can take as long as 1 year or more.

They said you should not enter the EE pool because most of the time, they instruct applicants that they have nominated to submit their application via Paper route (Old route). Only on exceptional occasions do they tell people to go through EE after nomination. I guess they don't want you to stress yourself by creating a profile in the pool, which might not be useful.

If you have any questions, ask here as I might be able to answer some.

Thetherapist:

My question is this:
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by molly14: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
Good day,

please has any1 heard about this Canadian visa lottery news circulating? and how true is it please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
If you have any questions, ask here as I might be able to answer some

Thanks a lot. So what do you advice we do. As I don't see EE pool going down to 400. Our CRS score with myself as the PA is 410
I just got my job and would take 2 years for my appointment to be confirmed. That's when I can think of starting my MSc. My issue is not entering the pool while waiting for MPNP. Would have just applied for the two at the same time. Which other province do you think have good package for overseas skilled workers?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by infix123: 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hello House,

1) I need a sample format for gift deed.
2) Is there an alternative to paying for application fee for ITA aside USD Card in Nigeria.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
Thetherapist:

Thanks a lot. So what do you advice we do. As I don't see EE pool going down to 400. Our CRS score with myself as the PA is 410
I just got my job and would take 2 years for my appointment to be confirmed. That's when I can think of starting my MSc. My issue is not entering the pool while waiting for MPNP. Would have just applied for the two at the same time. Which other province do you think have good package for overseas skilled workers?

Watch out for when Ontario begins their PNP again this year. They historically nominate people in the pool who are above 400 points. If you get their nomination, that's a big boost. You can go to their website and read up on their program. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
boldinc:
Hi... Congrats on your ITA.

1. If you can get your Supervisor to write the letter on your behalf, that would be great. All you have to do, like my wife did, is to write the letter yourself, print it out on the letter headed paper and have him sign it. If that's too much of a problem or you don't have access to letter headed papers, have your HR dept write the letter and leave a space for your supervisor to sign. I have a sample I found online... could share with the house if necessary.

2. The mutual funds company can write a letter for you... That should suffice. Let them also explain the money can be liquidated at anytime of your choice. Dunno much about FirstBank, but your bank statement should be fine in addition to the mutual funds letter. If you can get them to also write the letter, you can add it.

Hope this helps... All the best!

Pls kindly share the sample you found online. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
Sample reference letter:

To whom it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. XYZ ABC was/is an permanent full time employee of the COMPANY_NAME as DESIGNATION from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY. He played a significant roles as “NOC DESCRIPTION” encompasing “describe 2-liner that match the lead statement of your NOC”. The following table shows the chronological roles and responsibilities of Mr. SIRYASIR at COMPANY NAME: Company:Company Name Position: YOUR DESIGNATION PERIOD: From …TO DURATION Role playing as “NOC DESCRIPTION”
• POINT 1
• POINT 2
• POINT 3
Annual Salary and Benefit: RS XXXXXX per month ( or per year, also mention if additional benefits such as PF, medical reimbursement, Insurance etc) Number of Hours Works: Full time job, 8 and half hours per day, and 5-day a week; Yours Sincerely, NAME OF SUPERVISOR DESIGNATION: E-MAIL ADDRESS CONTACT NUMBER

A good job related reference letter gives many details. It lists the projects you worked on, and the achievements you accomplished. Very importantly, it should also describe your day-to-day duties and tasks. These daily tasks may seem mundane, but they often demonstrate that you perform the duties of a certain position, and that you possess the required basic skills. It is important that the letter demonstrates that you know the basic skills of your position, and that you have already been trained in them. At a minimum, the letter should state your position, the length of your employment, salary, and a summary of your duties.

temitope06:

Pls kindly share the sample you found online. Thanks

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
You can enter both EE pool and MPNP pool. Do you have close family member in Manitoba?

As Blackbuddy suggested, enter the pool and wait for Ontario to start issuing PT again. You might also try Quebec PNP, when it opens.

Thetherapist:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
molly14:

Thank u 4 d reply

Sm1 just sent me d link below thou, doesn't look real

http://canadagreencard.org

You are quite right, cos from the naming convention it is fake. The only source for genuine info about Canadian immigration is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
vcole:
@blackbuddy, yea I know they are distributed to the three bodies for remark. Also when it's marked the very first time, about two different examiners do so.
However, if you follow the British council Nigeria trend, you will see that they tend to score candidates low. Very low. It's beyond making an error. I always encourage people who know their onions to go for an EOR. It takes a long time and most people just don't wanna wait that long but it usually gets upgraded.

The reason why this came to my attention is because I had reason to write an academic ielts in 2014. When my results were released I got a 6.5 in writing and 7 in LRS. However when I went to collect my trf, my result was one of the ones randomly picked for Qa/qc. When it came back, my writing upgraded to 7.5 and S to a 9.0 LR to 8.5,8.5. How can a score move a band and in speaking two bands up

I've written two more ielts tests since then, general and academic. Both 9,8,8,8 and 8.5,8.5,8.5,7.5 respectively. So, I know my competency level is consistent as opposed to that 6.5 that would have been my fate in the first instance.

l have received my ECA from IQAS Thank God but l am fuming because l will have to write IELTS again the one l wrote on 19 th November LRSW-7,7,7.5,7.5 overall CLB 7.5.l did not know EOR on listening is possible l am not at advantage with the age factor. l dey vex seriously
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Hi, the delay is not peculiar to you as there are people who applied via FSW since 2014 and they are still waiting for feedback after receiving PER. Patience is the name of the game but you can send a CSE - Case Specific Enquiry and hope you get a response. Use this link, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
okay thank you very much, but how long does it take. This is like our third time of trial and there was also series of appeal since 2003.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
checkpoint:
okay thank you very much, but how long does it take. This is like our third time of trial and there was also series of appeal since 2003.

Hmn, very good but big question. For reasons unknown to us, AVO does not have a defined timetable to respond to mails or CSE sent to them. Some people get an automated response after 2 days, others wait up to 3 weeks and more to hear anything. The key is to keep sending until you get the desired result.

This is link contains details of their email address and phone line if you want to explore further, http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Above all, patience is the key to issues with AVO.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hello boldinc, oohunt, vcole, dupsyshoo.

It seems I am inthe same position as oohunt. Just to clarify, will I need to submit my husband's account statement with the LOE? Just to show his source of funds and to avoid any doubts as to how the funds got to his account? Thanks

boldinc:
Congrats on your ITA and well done for reading up info and answering your own questions!

Like 40manlappy said, the LOE would suffice. All your husband needs to do is send the money to your account and you write an LOE.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
40manlappy:
@oohunt

Congratulations on your ITA.

Since the person involved is your spouse, I don't think you need a gift deed. LOE should suffice.

Also, as far as we know, only your highest qualification needs to be evaluated. So you don't need to bother yourself with evaluating BSc again.

Thank you 40manlappy & boldinc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
vcole:
Congrats on your ITA. Could you share your time line? Your NOC, ielts scores/no of attempts, qualification/eca process...hurdles et al if any, pool entry, etc etc
I was gonna comment on your earlier post but then saw that you already found the answer. I could hug you right now. As much as you can, try to read up posts on this thread, it has loads of info.
As 40manlappy said, a LOE would suffice from your spouse.

Thank you vcole. You have been so helpful. I was going to follow all your comments but, sometimes it did not make sense so I had to read the conversations.

Well, my husband was supposed to be the primary applicant. He took his own ielts exams late 2015. By the time he got around to apply, some changes had been made and he could no longer make the score. His score was 325 or something like that. This was also because he scored 6.5 in his listening test, the others were ok. The 325 also did not include my own score because I had not taken the exams then.

So I had to prepare, much pressure. You need to see how nervous I was. This is a masters degree holder o! LoL! So I came here to read up. I used some materials from my husband and also some of the materials in the IELTS thread. The website: ieltsbuddy.com was EXTREMELY helpful. I had to practice and practice and practice because I knew that I could not fall short of getting CLD 10 or 9. I scored: Listening: 9, Reading: 9, Writing: 7.5 & Speaking: 7.0. I took my tests in Enugu in October, then Lagos did not have space until January. I just thank God all the effort paid off.

So I finally submitted my application in November after the ielts results came out. The NOC code I use is 2171- Information systems analysts and consultants, I studied computer Science and my MSc is also in the IT field. 2171 matched all the work experience I have. As I understand they must all be in the same NOC right? Just that I have worked for several companies over the years. This implies that I will be requiring reference letters from about 4 employers. I just hope it wont be a problem in the application.

My WES I sent it out early October. It took them 2 good months! I had to write them before they responded to me. I was thinking since my MSc was in the UK, that it would be faster, I still wonder why it took that long. I am glad that I do not have to go through that for my BSc. So from what I have read here, I should remove my other qualifications from the Education section and place them in the personal history section since they were not evaluated? And that my husband should do the same for his work history if I am not prepared to upload a reference letter from his company?

I was surprised to learn about the Job Bank. I am glad I went back to check because I thought after filling the forms that was all. But to actually enter the pool, you have to create the Job Bank account and tell them about those work experiences. I think that is really smart!

That's all. God has been faithful. He really wants me to waka out of Nija. I was prepared to make it work here. But if I can put same amount of effort over there, it will definitely be rewarding! If not for me, for my kids.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 1:17am On Feb 03, 2017
Thetherapist:
Thanks

I think this is a fantastic idea. I had created a thread in the past asking such questions because I will like to (still like to) know what to expect. I too have never been to Canada. Especially when you are travelling with kids. Oga Justwise closed the thread sharp sharp and directed me to the "Student in Canada thread" which had nothing to do with my question.

https://www.nairaland.com/3273411/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mikol(m): 3:09am On Feb 03, 2017
Hello my brother please I will like to ask some private questions from you and send some stuff to you to help look at it as I will not like to send such things on the forum.
Can you please send me your email? Send a PM to you.
Thanks.

JesusDWay:
Hello people! Been a while, trusting you guys have been fine. Just to announce to you that the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme - Occupations-in-Demand is now open for application. There are just 500 applications that will be accepted. Best wishes to the fastest fingers. Finf below useful links:

http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-occupations-in-demand

http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/apply-to-the-sinp

http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/sinp-in-demand-occupation-list

https://immigration.saskatchewan.ca/apex/f?p=305:101:16130438367643:::::
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 4:58am On Feb 03, 2017
Thetherapist:

I just got my job and would take 2 years for my appointment to be confirmed. That's when I can think of starting my MSc. My issue is not entering the pool while waiting for MPNP. Would have just applied for the two at the same time. Which other province do you think have good package for overseFCCas skilled workers?
Be on the look out for Nova Scotia PNP as well. Hopefully, they'll start accepting applications before the middle of the year. They've got Physiotherapy & OT on their current list.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 6:24am On Feb 03, 2017
Pls, must all the 3years work experience be under the same NOC? And pls who has a sample of a gift deed, using a gift deed will I need to add 6months bank statement as well? Or what do I need to add along with a gift deed. Pls help, thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.