Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2575781 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello House,

Please am in a delimma. If one claimed points for work experience say between 2013-2015 with a particular NOC. but currently works in a different company and totally different NOC, which he/she didnt claim points for, do the person need to upload ref letter for the current job(which he didnt claim points for)? Or jus add it to the personal records?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
40manlappy:
My wife has a pending assessment with WES.

Please see reason provided by WES as the cause of the delay below;

"The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES."

This was their further instruction: "Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma."

Has anyone been able to get WAEC to send their examination results for the Senior School Certificate directly to WES? Yes, takes 3 days to send it, i requested they use NIPOST, cos courier is another 7k-11k

Does WAEC respond to enquiries from foreign assessment bodies the way our universities issues transcripts? Oh yes, and they dont joke with WES correspondence.

Any useful contacts at WAEC please? You really dont need a contact, just follow the steps below, no one gives number there.

I have said it countless times here, and others have reiterated/confirmed it that WES assessment of ICAN is waste and very unfavourable. Myself and spouse are both chartered accountants, though i am ACCA but she is ICAN. Even though i went through a seamless effort to assess my ACCA, i went thru hell assessing her ICAN, at the end, she added only "2" points to my CRS. i was really desperate to increase score that time, if only i knew the draw scores were going to crash.

WES will assess your ICAN but will not give it a canadian equivalency, however, to avoid your loss, they will request you send WAEC to them to atleast give you an assessment, which in their thoughts, is a clear equivalence to canadian high school.

Hmmm...WAEC, their process is still very archaic.
You have to visit their office at Yaba, beside yabatech. Go to the inquiry office adjacent the gate. The process is quite cumbersome, (#10,000, copy of GCE or WASSCE (if before 1998 another wahala, passport photo, affidavit e.t.c) but there is a woman opposite the WAEC building, that woman na angel, she is aware of all the requirement and will make life easy for you.

My advice is that since you have started it, you have to complete it ( Jumanji evaluation grin )

See direct response to your inquiry above.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
blaizetony:
Hello House,

Please am in a delimma. If one claimed points for work experience say between 2013-2015 with a particular NOC. but currently works in a different company and totally different NOC, which he/she didnt claim points for, do the person need to upload ref letter for the current job(which he didnt claim points for)? Or jus add it to the personal records?

this is serious dilemma, infact you will be charged to court because this is a conspiracy to kidnap points from Canada, i'm kidding bro. You just need reference for what what you claimed points for, rest shd be thrown into the personal details garbage can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
This question has been answered several times. Check my previous posts and Esosa4real posts for the answer to your question.

As 40manlappy has rightly said, let all new members try to take their time to read the thread from the beginning before asking questions. It will help everyone as it can be tiring answering the same questions several times.

yhemight:
Good morning everyone, I am new here and I need some advice. I want to apply for express entry but for now am single and my wedding is coming up by May this year. I want to seek advice should I wait till after my wedding before I start the processing or I can start now? if am to start now will I be the only to take the IELTS exam or the two of us

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities and Graduate Streams to Reopen Late February 2017. You all should stay alert as they will send NOI to EE applicants with 400 and above

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
It is not about being not nice or unfair to ICAN or having a Bias For ACCA. I am an ACCA and also an ACA(ICAN). The two curriculums are very different. ACCA seems more Academic than ICAN and extremely broad.

There is hardly any part of a Bsc in Accounting Degree ACCA does not cover, it is not same story for ICAN. ACCA is more Academic than Proffessional to me, while ICAN tilts towards being proffessional than an Academic Degree.

The ACCA qualification is designed with Academic Qualifications/degree in mind. They aim to make the qualification very academic.

ACCA is actually considered being equivalent to an Msc in the UK.

ICAN needs to revisit its curriculum. That's my take

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
IamIye:
Hello all,

1. Please is this the correct address for all letters of explanation?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada,
Case Processing Centre-Ottawa,
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th Floor, Section B,
Ottawa Ontario K1A 1L1,
CANADA.

2. Can a gift deed be drafted by anybody or does it have to be done in court or by a lawyer?

Thanks in advance.

The address you have above is for Visa application within Canada or USA. Their website says correspondence on PR applications should be sent to visa office.
However, you can send to the address below, but all these formalities are really trivial, when a "To whom..." is considered appropriate sometimes.

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada.

I dont have an answer to your second question but, i think a NOTARY PUBLIC needs to validate it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
@Garykasparov @raymege

Thanks for the insights. We started the process before the information became available to us.

@raymege My wife too feels that ICAN really needs to up their game! cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
Fusion23:
Hi Fusion please I am not sure I know how to calculate CARD for IELTS from mere 7,7,7,8 scores. Can you educate me please?

yes so pls calculate your scores based on this if there is an improvement u might just get 3 points extra
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fabmummy: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
Seen

I just read back a little...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
alt3r3g0:

This is really impressive. Please I private mailed you kindly respond. Thanks

Since Wifey got the ITA, will focus on hers. She has a first degree and is a chartered accountant with ACCA. As at the time we applied around June last year, she had four years working experience and was 29 years old. She applied under 0 Noc.
Ielts score was L8.5 R8.0 S7.5 W8.0
We used Wes for ECA.

When we first applied, we did not add the ACCA, points were about 430-440, then we made some enquiries and found we could add that one as well. So we paid for an accreditation upgrade from WES and that qualified as another barchelors degree. We then updated the profile to two or more degrees and that pushed it to 473 points.

After her birthday, 5 points were automatically deducted to 468. With the new rules of work now counting for max of 200 points or 50, points now enough to get us the ITA.

IELTS was one attempt. Tips for those preping for ielts, practice makes perfect. There are many good sites for the listening test. Ieltsliz etc. I believe this is the most tricky because they do not replay the tape. So endeavor not to get lost. I got a 9 in this area.

For the writing, practice your writing, we are in a digital world and get to type more than we write these days. When we do write its just to scribble a few notes grin. Had my lowest score here but no need to retake as it was above the minimum of 6.

All the best.

NB: We did not pay any agent. Sourced every info online. Keeping tabs with Attorney David Cohen's news letters.

@ vcole: may have some que for you as you already ahead on the ITA process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
Congrats to you and everyone else that you ITA. I will rust that you all stay on theirs thread to allow for knowledge transfer for all those that will be getting ITA.

Thanks

specrealq:
I got my ITA, congrats to everyone that got.
Please anyone know any trend, group or forum for those that have gotten ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
esosa4real:

Wow @boldinc congrats ooh, you really predicted your ITA last week...lol

@vcole @ugoiyke79e @dupsyshoo @iphie125 See as ITA dey pass me by oooh, chaaaaii grin grin I am hopeful sha but scared at the same time that the draws might go very up soon! Anyways I have to wait on ma 2nd ielts result on the 20th and 1st ielts remark in march.

BTW, I wanted to ask if anyone knows the right body to evaluate a MED LAB degree. I want my fiancé to start the process but don't know if WES is allowed. I checked the ECA section of the CIC website and only special considerations is given to Medicine and Pharmacy for which the evaluating bodies are MCC and PEBC respectively.

So please if there is anyone that has info about Med lab degree evaluation, they should help me out.

Hi did you get a response already? I studied med lab and I used WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hi Dupyshoo
This is not very clear. @providing ECA number for the BSC. I had done WES US transcription but have requested they move my document to WES Canada for this process. Based on results from my previous evaluation, I have just one account for both BSC and Masters. Can explain more please. Why I ask is that I plan to get evaluation for my husband's postgraduate degree in UK only. This is to avoid the hassles of naija institutions. Does this sound good or not? I already have both for mine as the PR.

dupyshoo:
Yes, don't put BSc. under education if you did not evaluate your BSc. If you do, you will be asked to submit ECA number for it.

You should however put it under personal history to avoid misrepresentation.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
vcole:
She can fill the details of her bsc and tick that there is no eca for it. It won't generate a slot for that if she does. I think this is what i did for my husband's bsc if i'm not mistaken.
Sounds more like it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by YerYer: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
Garykasparov:

I have said it countless times here, and others have reiterated/confirmed it that WES assessment of ICAN is waste and very unfavourable. Myself and spouse are both chartered accountants, though i am ACCA but she is ICAN. Even though i went through a seamless effort to assess my ACCA, i went thru hell assessing her ICAN, at the end, she added only "2" points to my CRS. i was really desperate to increase score that time, if only i knew the draw scores were going to crash.

WES will assess your ICAN but will not give it a canadian equivalency, however, to avoid your loss, they will request you send WAEC to them to atleast give you an assessment, which in their thoughts, is a clear equivalence to canadian high school.

Hmmm...WAEC, their process is still very archaic.
You have to visit their office at Yaba, beside yabatech. Go to the inquiry office adjacent the gate. The process is quite cumbersome, (#10,000, copy of GCE or WASSCE (if before 1998 another wahala, passport photo, affidavit e.t.c) but there is a woman opposite the WAEC building, that woman na angel, she is aware of all the requirement and will make life easy for you.

My advice is that since you have started it, you have to complete it ( Jumanji evaluation grin )

See direct response to your inquiry above.

You seem very knowledgeable about this whole thing, please your assistance or that of anyone else would be very much appreciated. My wife just came into the states last month (rushed it before Trump starts any foolishness), she graduated from the University already and was 1 year into her masters program. She wants to change her career feild as she studied a political science while in school but would like to change to a science related field. We have agreed that she should start university again and not bother transferring any credits from her Nigerian university, however, I don't want her to take the GED exam (called TASC in New york) which is basically the equivalent of a secondary school diploma. Does having a senior WAEC report automacally exempt her from taking the GED/TASC exam? According to her, she failed maths in the senior WAEC and had to take NECO instead, will it be a problem? I checked WES' website and I see they are requesting WAEC results and there's no mention of NECO anywhere.

Secondly, can anyone fill out the form request at YABA on someone else's behalf or must it be the owner of the actual result which would be my wife in this case? And what is a more realistic time frame for everything to be completed if there are no delays?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by caon: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello All,please I am an HND holder,studied accountancy and have 4 years experience in pension related matters.I.e I currently do not have experience in any accounting related job.wat r my chances of getting a positive assessment as well as a PR.tank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello house,
Please to those who used the online fax service to send documents to WES, please how do you confirm if WES has recieved it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
[quote author=00DE00 post=52991024][/quote]

I have med Lab a my first degree and I evaluated it using WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
i want to add my two cents on the new comers with questions like "what are my chances". i have been reading this page for the past 7 months and counting. i believe when someone wants to make a life changing decision its important to take time to study and understand the implications and cost. if you are really interested (read as SERIOUS) about migrating to CANADA , you will take your time to soak up all the information this thread by reading from the first page till the end. if you read the thread and ask questions the gurus will know you are asking from an informed position. right now i have only done my IELTS but i think i have basically 70 percent if not more of the info at my finger tips. this is your life we are talking about . how can you want to up your life and move to another country without knowing the basics. PLEASE READ THE THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING . try and ask informed questions. do not clog the thread and piss off the gurus . geez

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
lemme add pidgin to the matter. i beg una i wan go canada , make una no burn cable for those of us when serious . use una reggea take drive all the area fadas and mamas commot . make una hear word . read the thread from page 0

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4really: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello House.

I've a B.sc in Engineering and i've over 5years working experience in the banking industry as cashier. Must my NOC be related to my academic qualification to avoid rejection?.If i choose my job duties, will it not be a problem since i can not back it up with my certificate?

Please, I need your candid answer and opinion.

Thanks in anticipation to your answers..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by platypelloid: 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello house.
Has any medical doctor on this thread successfully got PR?
It seems success of this express entry thing is very very low
I have not seen testimonies of PR on this thread!!
Any body to contribute??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
4really:
Hello House.

I've a B.sc in Engineering and i've over 5years working experience in the banking industry as cashier. Must my NOC be related to my academic qualification to avoid rejection?.If i choose my job duties, will it not be a problem since i can not back it up with my certificate?

Please, I need your candid answer and opinion.

Thanks in anticipation to your answers..

Nope. U won't be rejected, doesn't matter if ur NOC isn't related to ur Academic qualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
temitope06:

this is serious dilemma, infact you will be charged to court because this is a conspiracy to kidnap points from Canada, i'm kidding bro. You just need reference for what what you claimed points for, rest shd be thrown into the personal details garbage can.
lol, bro thanks for solving the Conspiracy wahala. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
Vcole is a testimony to Medical Doctors that have gotten PR approved.

platypelloid:
Hello house.
Any body to contribute??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
platypelloid:
Hello house.
Any body to contribute??

where u disappear go we ve had a recent PR for a doctor and one in the pipeline right now....
keep d hope alive dearr.... cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
Kathyjex:

Hi did you get a response already? I studied med lab and I used WES.

i didnt proceed with it yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by platypelloid: 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
Heloo bosd
You mentioned that doctors don't need to be licensed before getting PR?
That is not true. You wouldn't even get across SVR. NOT TO TALK OF SVR.
ugoiyke79e2:

W
Congrats vcole....
your case has proven that Drs dont necessarily need to be licenced before they can get PR....I recall asking this pertinent question when i first got on this thread...
Esosas PPR loading too....
I encourage those of us who are young medical professionals to go for it especially now.
let us ask questions here and vcole esosa and myself can always help with answers concerning medical ECA..
Congrats once again vcole....u ve been very helpful and patient with questions here..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Lol...bros, where is your proof oo?

I did the process for my wife (till she got ECA report) and i can tell you that you DON'T need to be licensed before getting PR. You only need to evaluate your degree through physiciansapply.ca using SVR, then proceed with the other steps.

To get licensed in a province as an IMG, i believe you know that one needs to write atleast MCCEE (depending on the province and the new regulations coming up soon 2018/2019)?

So bro, for this PR thingy, you don't need to write any MCC licensing exam. Just pay the fees at different stages to getting your ECA report from MCC.

platypelloid:
Heloo bosd
You mentioned that doctors don't need to be licensed before getting PR?
That is not true. You wouldn't even get across SVR. NOT TO TALK OF SVR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by platypelloid: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
Okay Chief
I thought you mean one does not need to be licensed in Nigeria!!

However how far have you gone with your wife Cos am on the svr of a thing. They are hell bent on providing my degree certificate but my school has been delaying me!!!!
Gymme:
Lol...bros, where is your proof oo?

I did the process for my wife (till she got ECA report) and i can tell you that you DON'T need to be licensed before getting PR. You only need to evaluate your degree through physiciansapply.ca using SVR, then proceed with the other steps.

To get licensed in a province as an IMG, i believe you know that one needs to write atleast MCCEE (depending on the province and the new regulations coming up soon 2018/2019)?

So bro, for this PR thingy, you don't need to write any MCC licensing exam. Just pay the fees at different stages to getting your ECA report from MCC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.