Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597825 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seyilapy(m): 1:24am On Sep 30, 2015
bro keep the good work going pls will like to discuss personally wif u off air grin cos am a learner how can i do that? thanks

zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2015
JesusDWay:

Check either Registry or Exams and Records or even Transcript office. I suppose you meant verification not 'evaluation'
Yes verification.
Thanks a lot.
pls do you have any idea on the financial implications?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2015
dupyshoo:
You won't receive it immediately. It normally takes about 2-3 hours.

Thank you very much for your reply.
But, i am yet to get the ID. It's almost 24 hours already; is this normal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2015
Etfash:

Thank you very much for your reply.
But, i am yet to get the ID. It's almost 24 hours already; is this normal?

Wait another 24 hrs and if you still haven't received it cancel your profile and create another one. Sometimes it happens when people don't receive the job bank registration email, a flaw in the system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2015
Ekpekus:

Yes verification.
Thanks a lot.
pls do you have any idea on the financial implications?

I didn't school at IMT so, i don't have idea what the school policy on sending a reply to WES regarding verification is. However, it's not impossible they will not want to incurr expenses for sending it so, i advice you get someone there who can tell you what they will charge to send it. From what i've seen, the verification letter sometimes stay longer with school because they want to spend their money to send it so, you have to go pay them to send it for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2015
seyilapy:
bro keep the good work going pls will like to discuss personally wif u off air grin cos am a learner how can i do that? thanks

You can post your question here so others can also benefit. Besides I don't know everything so other people might help if I'm clueless.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Olawunmif: 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
kitua85:
Thank you for your response. My current situation is that I live in the Uk and will not be in the bank in person. I require the statement to be signed and stamped. I was wondering if I could ask my accounts officer to authorize my sister (a former staff of diamond bank) to collect the statement in a branch close to her on my behalf

theres a diamond bank branch in the Uk tho i dont know where. contact them and let them send it to you via post. you can also get a diamond online platform( send a mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com so you can be set up with a username if you dont have one). once set up, you can download your statement there easily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
zandora:

Wait another 24 hrs and if you still haven't received it cancel your profile and create another one. Sometimes it happens when people don't receive the job bank registration email, a flaw in the system.

Thanks zandora; I have seen it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
JesusDWay:

I didn't school at IMT so, i don't have idea what the school policy on sending a reply to WES regarding verification is. However, it's not impossible they will not want to incurr expenses for sending it so, i advice you get someone there who can tell you what they will charge to send it. From what i've seen, the verification letter sometimes stay longer with school because they want to spend their money to send it so, you have to go pay them to send it for you.
Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
Issydebo:
Is the 3.6m in ur AVC or RSA? I doubt if you can use the RSA as pof (I've assumed u r under 50 years of age) since you can't access the funds until you retire. But again never say never. Let us know if it works for you

@Zandora, JesusDWay, dupyshoo

Can one use RSA as part of proof of fund? shocked

**Modified: I just saw an earlier comment by JesusDWay on RSA. Still, I would still appreciate more clarifications/practical experiences.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dupyshoo!!!!! I see you and Asivad o.... grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
Lol. You are so smart. You guessed right.

What do you think about my situation? I am really worried.

JesusDWay:
Dupyshoo!!!!! I see you and Asivad o.... grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
dupyshoo:
Lol. You are so smart. You guessed right.

What do you think about my situation? I am really worried.

I think the bank complicated things by giving that breakdown instead of just stating the current balance and simply giving the dates you started operating the accounts with them. I do not see why they cant simply draft the letter as stated by CIC.

I will say you inform the bank that they did not write the letter the way it should be written, which is to simply state the current balance and the dates you started operating the accounts with them. In addition, they should state you have no debt repayment, this would leave out the huge gaps in the monthly balances. If they will however not yield, you can get in addition to the letter the transaction history statement and with a letter explaining stuffs like you did, and then hope for the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
JesusDWay:

I think the bank complicated things by giving that breakdown instead of just stating the current balance and simply giving the dates you started operating the accounts with them. I do not see why they cant simply draft the letter as stated by CIC.

I will say you inform the bank that they did not write the letter the way it should be written, which is to simply state the current balance and the dates you started operating the accounts with them. In addition, they should state you have no debt repayment, this would leave out the huge gaps in the monthly balances. If they will however not yield, you can get in addition to the letter the transaction history statement and with a letter explaining stuffs like you did, and then hope for the best.

But the requirement is to show 6 months average balance in addition to the date each account was opened not the current balance of the account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
I agree with you. I am going there after work to tell them to give me just a single figure of average balance per account.
I sincerely don't understand why they are proving so difficult. I have been on this issue for the past 3 weeks. Imagine, they told me they don't write bespoke letter cos they don't have the facilities to write the letter. I had to threaten to write their Director and report to Ombudsman before they eventually yielded.

I have declined one ITA because of this POF. I don't intend to decline this ITA and the deadline for submission is 20th October. The only outstanding document is this POF. I am really worried.

JesusDWay:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hi Zandora,

The issue is that my bank gave me average balance per month for 6 different months. Instead of giving me a single figure as the average balance for the past 6 months, they gave 6 average balances.

zandora:

But the requirement is to show 6 months average balance in addition to the date each account was opened not the current balance of the account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
dupyshoo:
Hi Zandora,

The issue is that my bank gave me average balance per month for 6 different months. Instead of giving me a single figure as the average balance for the past 6 months, they gave 6 average balances.

Y
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
please everyone, if I have a bachelor's degree and a diploma ceetificate accessed by different bodies. Does this qualify me to have one or more certificates? no the two certificates are in no way related. And the diploma certificate was just issued this year after getting the Batchelor degree.

Also, can claim years of experience achieved after achieving the Batchelor degree, but during the study for the diploma degree, since it was a part time study.

Please your response will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
hallly:
please everyone, if I have a bachelor's degree and a diploma ceetificate accessed by different bodies. Does this qualify me to have one or more certificates? no the two certificates are in no way related. And the diploma certificate was just issued this year after getting the Batchelor degree.

Also, can claim years of experience achieved after achieving the Batchelor degree, but during the study for the diploma degree, since it was a part time study.

Please your response will be highly appreciated.

- Yes you can use assessments from different bodies as long as they are the bodies approved by CIC ie WES, ICAS etc

- Yes you can claim work experience while studying for your diploma but the work experience would be part time if you were schooling full time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
zandora:

Proof of funds
Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low income cutoff (LICO), as assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family
Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant

The above is CIC's requirement and specification for POF

Current balance(which will be the month you request for the letter) of each account is requested and average balance for 6months(addition of each month's balance for the past 6months divided by 6), what I'm however not sure about is if the average has to be all the accounts added together or average balance for each account for those operating more than one account in the same bank which however can be stated separately for clarity.

However, it appears CIC may have set a little trap here. If the difference between average and current balance seem too much, who knows if they will want to make a case out of it but then, they can't expect one not to spend na!

Dupyshoo!!! You may want to look into these before specifying what the bank should write in your new letter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
JesusDWay:

Proof of funds
Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low income cutoff (LICO), as assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family
Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant

The above is CIC's requirement and specification for POF

Current balance(which will be the month you request for the letter) of each account is requested and average balance for 6months(addition of each month's balance for the past 6months divided by 6), what I'm however not sure about is if the average has to be all the accounts added together or average balance for each account for those operating more than one account in the same bank which however can be stated separately for clarity.

However, it appears CIC may have set a little trap here. If the difference between average and current balance seem too much, who knows if they will want to make a case out of it but then, they can't expect one not to spend na!

Dupyshoo!!! You may want to look into these before specifying what the bank should write in your new letter.

Yes you are very right. My case was that my bank refused to write the letter in CIC's format so what I just did was asked the bank to give me a screen shot of all my accounts and their start dates which they did and stamped. Then I collected 6 months bank statement for each of my accounts (I have 5 bank accounts) which they stamped and submitted. I believe the 6 months bank statement is for each bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
I got the letter from Ontario province to apply for ONIP. The only issue is with POF as I don't think I can pull off the bank balance I need to show at this time ($22k). If I do not submit that application now, is there any chance I can get invited again at some point? Maybe in a few months? Also my score is 439 which does not include any score for hubby yet. He's going to write the ielts exam in Oct. Given that the cut off mark for the last round is 450, I'm thinking maybe I should ignore Ontario's invitation and hope that the cutoff comes down further. Any advise please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
Zimex:
I got the letter from Ontario province to apply for ONIP. The only issue is with POF as I don't think I can pull off the bank balance I need to show at this time ($22k). If I do not submit that application now, is there any chance I can get invited again at some point? Maybe in a few months? Also my score is 439 which does not include hubby's ielts yet as he going to write the exam in Oct. Given that the last cut off mark is 450, I'm thinking maybe I should ignore Ontario's invitation and hope that the cutoff comes down further. Any advise please?

Would you have the funds in a few months? If so then you can reject the ONP if your hubby is going to take the IELTS, as the maximum points he can get via the IELTS is 20 and that would bring your total score to above 450 which is a very good score for selection.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
zandora:

Would you have the funds in a few months? If so then you can reject the ONP if your hubby is going to take the IELTS, as the maximum points he can get via the IELTS is 20 and that would bring your total score to above 450 which is a very good score for selection.
I will but I don't want to bank on maximum pts from hubby's ielts (being conservative here). Plus age factor means -5 from my score in Jan.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
Same scenario for me. Current crs is 435 excluding spouse ielts which from my calcn will take me to 451 (that's on a score of LWRS 7666) and potentially up to 455. Right now I'm torn between applying for the OONP but for cad$ 1500 fee. Just wondering if it's worth it considering that my wife can score up to 465 if she takes the ielts

zandora:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Zimex:

I will but I don't want to bank on maximum pts from hubby's ielts (being conservative here). Plus age factor means -5 from my score in Jan.

I didn't calculate it using the maximum ielts. You've got 439 now, subtract 5 from age which gives 434, that means your husband should contribute at least 16 points or let's say 17 points to bring your total score to 451 which is a very good score. In fact if he can score L8 then the rest 7,7,7,6.5 or L7.5, then the rest 7,7,7,7 that would give 18 points and 452. It's up to you to risk it and don't forget the application fee for ONP is a non-refundable $1,500. What I suggest is that your hubby should quickly write the ielts before you accept the invitation if possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Issydebo:
Same scenario for me. Current crs is 435 excluding spouse ielts which from my calcn will take me to 451 (that's on a score of LWRS 7666) and potentially up to 455. Right now I'm torn between applying for the OONP but for cad$ 1500 fee. Just wondering if it's worth it considering that my wife can score up to 465 if she takes the ielts

How did you arrive at your calculation though? If she scores L7,6,6,6 that's clb levels 7&8 which will net you 12 points bringing your total to 447 which isn't that good. The English scores awarded for principal applicant and Spouse are different. She should aim for the maximum at most or L7.5,7,7,7 to give 453 which is good. See the link below for spouse language calculation:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2015
12 points for language and 8 for education

zandora:

How did you arrive at your calculation though? If she scores L7,6,6,6 that's clb levels 7&8 which will net you 12 points bringing your total to 447 which isn't that good. The English scores awarded for principal applicant and Spouse are different. She should aim for the maximum at most or L7.5,7,7,7 to give 453 which is good. See the link below for spouse language calculation:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2015
Issydebo:
12 points for language and 8 for education

The maximum your spouse can add is 20 points for language, 10 for education and 10 for Canadian experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2015
zandora:

Thanks so much Zandora

- Yes you can use assessments from different bodies as long as they are the bodies approved by CIC ie WES, ICAS etc

- Yes you can claim work experience while studying for your diploma but the work experience would be part time if you were schooling full time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2015
Bit confused here (pls clarify). I'm currently on 435, my spouse can potentially add up to 20 points. I just took a conservative score of 12 under language (since ielts is outstanding) and 8 points for education (Although WES summary is two or more certificates). Abi no be so?

zandora:

The maximum your spouse can add is 20 points for language, 10 for education and 10 for Canadian experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.