Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598098 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2015
zandora:

The maximum your spouse can add is 20 points for language, 10 for education and 10 for Canadian experience.
please what is the cost of verification with WES? I am seeing two options viz basic and another

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2015
CAD$322 (including cost of ups delivery)

Ekpekus:

please what is the cost of verification with WES? I am seeing two options viz basic and another

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2015
Thanks JesusDWay and Zandora.

I went back to the bank yesterday to get them to write a single average balance per account but they refused. My small "Aluta" did not work. Anyway, as I did not borrow the fund, my plan is to write a LOE and attach bank statement where necessary. I hope to submit my application by weekend.

JesusDWay:

Proof of funds
Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low income cutoff (LICO), as assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family
Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant

The above is CIC's requirement and specification for POF

Current balance(which will be the month you request for the letter) of each account is requested and average balance for 6months(addition of each month's balance for the past 6months divided by 6), what I'm however not sure about is if the average has to be all the accounts added together or average balance for each account for those operating more than one account in the same bank which however can be stated separately for clarity.

However, it appears CIC may have set a little trap here. If the difference between average and current balance seem too much, who knows if they will want to make a case out of it but then, they can't expect one not to spend na!

Dupyshoo!!! You may want to look into these before specifying what the bank should write in your new letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2015
I think you and Zandora are saying the same thing.What he meant is that the maximum your spouse can add to your score is a total of 40 points: 20 for Language, 10 for Education and 10 for Canadian Experience, which I believe is correct.

Issydebo:
Bit confused here (pls clarify). I'm currently on 435, my spouse can potentially add up to 20 points. I just took a conservative score of 12 under language (since ielts is outstanding) and 8 points for education (Although WES summary is two or more certificates). Abi no be so?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2015
Issydebo:
CAD$322 (including cost of ups delivery)
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Hello house, if I register with a professional body in a Canada does it means I have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Optimisticgondy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
Happy new month and happy Independence anniversary celebration house.

Please I have a question and my question is, if one works in a government Ministry as an executive officer with HND in Business Administration and Management, can he/she apply as an Executive Assistant?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ejirostephen(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
Happy independence great peeps. I re-wrote ielts and expecting a better result next week. However, I am already in the pool. My question is, if my ielts score is higher this time compared to what I have alredy in my e.e profile, am I suppose to upgrade, add, alter my existing profile or delete the profile completely and enter using a new profile. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
You can easily modify your existing profile to reflect the change in IELTS score. Please note that it might take about 24hrs for your CRS score to change after updating your profile.

ejirostephen:
Happy independence great peeps. I re-wrote ielts and expecting a better result next week. However, I am already in the pool. My question is, if my ielts score is higher this time compared to what I have alredy in my e.e profile, am I suppose to upgrade, add, alter my existing profile or delete the profile completely and enter using a new profile. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
dupyshoo:
I think you and Zandora are saying the same thing.What he meant is that the maximum your spouse can add to your score is a total of 40 points: 20 for Language, 10 for Education and 10 for Canadian Experience, which I believe is correct.

Exactly, thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Issydebo:
Bit confused here (pls clarify). I'm currently on 435, my spouse can potentially add up to 20 points. I just took a conservative score of 12 under language (since ielts is outstanding) and 8 points for education (Although WES summary is two or more certificates). Abi no be so?

This was what you wrote before:

'Current crs is 435 excluding spouse ielts which from my calcn will take me to 451 (that's on a score of LWRS 7666) and potentially up to 455'.

As you can see you didn't mention IELTS and WES, you only mentioned that the IELTS will boost your score.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
ejirostephen:

Just edit the previous scores and input the new ones as dupyshoo has explained.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
Optimisticgondy:
Happy new month and happy Independence anniversary celebration house.

Please I have a question and my question is, if one works in a government Ministry as an executive officer with HND in Business Administration and Management, can he/she apply as an Executive Assistant?

Similarities of job descriptions is what determines the equivalent of your what you do here to what it is in Canada. As it stands, you are not exactly applying for jobs at this moment, you are only applying for permanent residence claiming a particular profession as what you do presently and as such, a need to know whether it is Executive Assistant or even Administrative Officer or the likes

My suggestion is that you highlight your present job details and then Google the corresponding NOC in Canada to know which exactly you can use in applying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
Arcayo:
Hello house, if I register with a professional body in a Canada does it means I have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province?

Please guys I need help to my question, am about to pay for an Associate member of a professional body to get 50points. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
JesusDWay:

Similarities of job descriptions is what determines the equivalent of your what you do here to what it is in Canada. As it stands, you are not exactly applying for jobs at this moment, you are only applying for permanent residence claiming a particular profession as what you do presently and as such, a need to know whether it is Executive Assistant or even Administrative Officer or the likes

My suggestion is that you highlight your present job details and then Google the corresponding NOC in Canada to know which exactly you can use in applying
Thanks bro. God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
zandora:

I didn't calculate it using the maximum ielts. You've got 439 now, subtract 5 from age which gives 434, that means your husband should contribute at least 16 points or let's say 17 points to bring your total score to 451 which is a very good score. In fact if he can score L8 then the rest 7,7,7,6.5 or L7.5, then the rest 7,7,7,7 that would give 18 points and 452. It's up to you to risk it and don't forget the application fee for ONP is a non-refundable $1,500. What I suggest is that your hubby should quickly write the ielts before you accept the invitation if possible.
Thanks for your response. His ielts date is Oct 24 so we won't have the result until after the 45days Ontario gave us. I think I am going to take the risk and ignore Ontario. Worst case scenario is for him to also do WES evaluation which should give additional 10marks for his MBA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
grin

zandora:

This was what you wrote before:

'Current crs is 435 excluding spouse ielts which from my calcn will take me to 451 (that's on a score of LWRS 7666) and potentially up to 455'.

As you can see you didn't mention IELTS and WES, you only mentioned that the IELTS will boost your score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
Arcayo:

Please guys I need help to my question, am about to pay for an Associate member of a professional body to get 50points. Thanks

You can't just pay for membership fees and get additional 50 points. You'll need to write professional exams depending on your profession and if it's a regulated profession in Canada and pass them before you can claim the 50 points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
zandora:

You can't just pay for membership fees and get additional 50 points. You'll need to write professional exams depending on your profession and if it's a regulated profession in Canada and pass them before you can claim the 50 points.

Thanks, here is the message from the representative.

Hi Mr. Orun,

Please find attached the TechNova Application in a PDF format as you requested.

Yes one of your references can be from your supervisor in Nigeria. Also required is one year Canadian work experience in which you will have a second reference. Until you have one year Canadian work experience you will be only granted Associate membership.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
Arcayo:

Thanks, here is the message from the representative.

Hi Mr. Orun,

Please find attached the TechNova Application in a PDF format as you requested.

Yes one of your references can be from your supervisor in Nigeria. Also required is one year Canadian work experience in which you will have a second reference. Until you have one year Canadian work experience you will be only granted Associate membership.

You can be a member, anyone can be a member of any body infact I am a member of 2 professional bodies. However in order to claim the 250 additional points you'll need to obtain professional certificates to enable you practice and this can only be gotten by writing their professional exams. This is what CIC states in order to claim 50 additional points:

'Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

medicine,
veterinary medicine,
dentistry,
podiatry,
optometry,
law,
chiropractic medicine, or
pharmacy.

As you can see it's called a degree so you'll have to sit for the body's exams to obtain it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
zandora:

You can be a member, anyone can be a member of any body infact I am a member of 2 professional bodies. However in order to claim the 250 additional points you'll need to obtain professional certificates to enable you practice and this can only be gotten by writing their professional exams. This is what CIC states in order to claim 50 additional points:

'Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession(also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree)

For Express Entry, we only accept professional degrees in these fields:

medicine,
veterinary medicine,
dentistry,
podiatry,
optometry,
law,
chiropractic medicine, or
pharmacy.

As you can see it's called a degree so you'll have to sit for the body's exams to obtain it.

Understood thanks a Lot, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hi guys,What exchange rate is acceptable for arriving at the required amount for each category in POF?

Cc JesusDWay et Zandora
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
Hi guys,What exchange rate is acceptable for arriving at the required amount for each category in POF?

Cc JesusDWay et Zandora

Use Oanda as it's widely accepted by most immigration bodies. It's best to print out your conversion rate and upload with your POF seeing as the currency exchange fluctuates.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cinematainer(m): 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hi, for someone who has studied in English in Europe for atleast a year, is IELTS still a requirement? Please I need dis info badly. TNX in anticipation of ur response(s)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
Thanks Zandy...based on the site,I have 17,472.2CAD which i believe is adequate for 2pple .
zandora:

Use Oanda as it's widely accepted by most immigration bodies. It's best to print out your conversion rate and upload with your POF seeing as the currency exchange fluctuates.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ezekuse: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
So after waiting for several months I recently sent a case specific enquiry to CIC Accra and the e-mail response was that my "Application was in queue for review by a Visa Officer"
Please can anyone who knows what this means kindly explain. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
cinematainer:
Hi, for someone who has studied in English in Europe for atleast a year, is IELTS still a requirement? Please I need dis info badly. TNX in anticipation of ur response(s)

Yes. Everybody is required to do IELTS even British citizens living in the UK and Americans.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
ezekuse:
So after waiting for several months I recently sent a case specific enquiry to CIC Accra and the e-mail response was that my "Application was in queue for review by a Visa Officer"
Please can anyone who knows what this means kindly explain. Thank you

This means that your application has been deemed complete and has now gone to an officer for eligibility review ie check your employment, funds etc. This is the final stage.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
Thanks Zandy...based on the site,I have 17,472.2CAD which i believe is adequate for 2pple .

Yes. For 2 people you require $14,853 so yes you're good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
Thanks smiley
zandora:

Yes. For 2 people you require $14,853 so yes you're good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:

This Oanda stuff is something we just discussed on another group I am. I'll rather advice one use bank rate(you will use bank to make any payment you are making anyway) which someone who just transacted with First Bank said he was charged 165. It used to be 170 actually which I'll rather advice anyone to use.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by benedictuyi(m): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
Aau has a funny approach to things like this. It's best if you know a staff who could follow it up for you
derickcity:
Hi all, is there anyone who graduated from Ambrose Alli University (AAU) here. I will appreciate if you can guide me on how to follow up with AAU to respond to WES for the verification of the documents I sent to them. I paid for my WES Credential Evaluation since July, 2015 and the school has not gotten back to WES. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.